YUGIOH!: Duels 2 (The most popular yugioh game on Elliquiy just got better!)

Started by Patriarch, January 15, 2011, 02:44:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriarch

You have been chosen.

Your surroundings drain away in a howl of light and sound. Torn from your reality, hurled inward through the layers of existence to the one realm at the center of them all... And blackness reigns.

An eternity later, or perhaps no time at all, your eyes twitch open.

You are in a temple, some grand expanse of white stone and polished arches that shadow the depths of what is to come... A ritual ancient as the twisted goddess who sits at the Center of Things that will define the fate of entire realities.

You are a Duelist.  And your every action will reshape the world around you.

It's time to duel.

Excited? We hope so.  Following the immensely popular game Yugioh: Duels of Fate - we've come together to bring you something brand new and altogether more incredible, for players both new and old. Enter Duels 2.

Duels 2 takes place in a dynamic story structure that places unprecedented power in the players' hands. Pulled to a spirit reality by a twisted goddess, where thought and desire can shape the fabric of existence, each duelist will be given the power to refashion reality contingent on their victory in a duel (provided the outcome is agreed upon at the start, of course). Duels 2 is the story of you. Whatever you choose to fight for, your victories and defeats will create drastic and lasting effects on the world around you - all of which will snowball with other players' endeavors to create huge changes in the overall story itself. Whether you're bringing life back to the land... Or just turning your attractive opponent into your personal neko sex slave for the week. Who says god-like powers can't be fun?

As if the ability to affect your opponents, allies and reality itself with your victories wasn't enough - Duels 2 also offers a truly infinite number of possibilities for your character. Duelists have been pulled from any of the infinite parallel universes and realities to this temple at the Center of Things. Your character might be an Egyptian princess, a medieval drakeling, a space-faring neko mercenary or even an everyday human teenager. Only two restrictions will apply. First, we want to keep the ages between 18-24 - for a degree of commonality amongst all the differences. Second, your character needs to know how to duel. Not necessarily well, but knowing which side of the card is up is rather important.

Finally, Duels 2 will make use of a never before seen rewards system for dueling - allowing your character to gain in power as he or she progresses through the game. As you character duels and goes through certain events, he or she will gain 'wisps'. Wisps are tiny spirits attracted to dueling energy, and can be exchanged to unlock rare cards to use in your decks, gain an increase to your starting life points, persuade NPCs or even other players to do something for you and much, much more. As you gain 1 wisp every time you duel, no matter the outcome, and additional wisps if you win - your efforts will always be rewarded. No matter what, you'll be able to improve.

So, where and when are you from?  And, what are you, besides a Duelist?  If you could be any character, what race from what time and which reality would it be?  The possibilities are endless, as vast as your imagination.

What will your story be?

Character Application

Name:
Species: (Human, Neko, Elf, anything you can imagine)
Appearance: (Can be a pic, should be a pic, but doesn't have to be a pic)
Reality: (Brief description, preferably a paragraph, of the kind of world and place they come from. Help us to see it and understand it, espescially if it's way out there.)
Personality: (Be as detailed as possible. Tell us about the person. If you're going to write dozens of posts as this character - you should certainly be able to enjoy writing one or two paragraphs here!)
Backstory: (Same as above. Find a way to enchant us).
Decklists (All decks must be at least 40 cards and may contain NO cards that are either forbidden or limited, though semi-limited cards are allowed. You will unlock these rare and powerful cards throughout the game, as rewards for your efforts. Additionally, you may only have up to two copies of each card in your deck. This promotes diversity and more exciting duels. Again, more deckbuilding options will open up to you as you gain wisps and trigger certain events).
Duel Spirit (1 only): Known as your Vanguard - you will meet this spirit soon after the game begins. You do not begin the game with duel spirits.

The Forbidden/Limited list can be found here. http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

Finally, you can have more than one character. In fact, it's encouraged. Just make sure you can keep up with the posting demands for both of them (we don't want you to have more than two). Did we mention that this game is going to demand a LOT of posts? Side-stories, keeping up with duels... Enthusiasm is paramount, and make sure you're ready to post a whole lot. You won't regret it.

We're looking forward to your application. Post them here. Along with any comments, thoughts or ideas you can think of.

We're looking forward to seeing you in the game.

Patriarch

Quick Answers

1) Duels 2 has nothing to do with Duels of Fate from a story perspective. Neither the setting nor the story has anything at all to do with the game that started it all. Duels 2 is its own game with its own rules, and no knowledge of its predecessor is necessary to jump in. Even if you've never heard of Duels of Fate - you'll still be able to thoroughly enjoy Duels 2.

2) If you are a current player in Duels of Fate - you will be able to import your character to Duels 2. After all, these duelists are being summoned from any and every reality in existence. They could certainly yank you from a duel academy housed in a group thread on Elliquiy. You can even use an altered version of that character - just make sure all the pertinent details are in your back-story. Duels 2 is a whole new game - and nothing can be taken for granted. However, your dueling decks must be recreated under the new rules. It's only fair.

3) No, no, no cannon characters. No. Stay far away from them. This is not fan fiction.

4) Duels will operate on an honor system. If you have a sudden run of superb luck, we'll begin to get suspicious - but for the most part this seems to work best. It worked very well for Duels of Fate, so we'll keep using it here. Simply number your decklist 1-40 (or however many cards are in it) and then google of the Internet's handy dice-rolling programs. Roll a 40 (or however many) sided dice and draw the card you rolled.

5)  The game will be operating on a series of Events triggered by character actions, where players rally together on opposing sides from each other to pursue a collective agenda. The efforts of each team's individuals, which drive their personal stories, will contribute to their side's overall goals - and move the Event in their favor. For example, one event might be an attack on an ancient temple - with one group of players defending it and the others trying to take it to summon a powerful entity. If the defenders' side tallies up enough victories - the attacking team will be pushed off. This will kick off a brand new Event, perhaps trying to strike back at the enemy or else destroy the entity themselves. If, on the other hand, the temple is taken - the entity will be summoned and do whatever it is the attackers wanted... Kicking off a brand new Event with its culmination. In this way, Events will chain together to create a dynamic, living world that shapes to the efforts of the players.

6) Synchro Summons will be legal in Duels 2! However, you will have to spend three wisps to unlock the ability to use them. Once you do, all non-limited or forbidden synchros will be open to you. You'll have to spend additional wisps to unlock forbidden or limited synchro summons, just as you would any other card.

7) Each duelist will start the game with four Wisps.

8) Players who have participated in the Duels of Fate game will gain two extra goodies for their characters if they are accepted into Duels 2. First, they will gain the Veteran title - one of the many titles you can earn in Duels 2 (such as the Immortal title - gained by winning a total of 5 duels with your lifepoints never going below 8000). Second, they will gain something called Favor Crests - which have immense RP utility but cannot be used to increase your character's power the way Wisps can (so don't worry new players, they aren't getting any tangible advantage over you - just a few favors in the story).  How many extra Favor Crests the veteran duelists earn will be determined by their performance in Duels of Fate.

9) Duel Spirits are limited to 1 per character, no more and no less. More options may open up later, but to begin with - 1 per character. And you will NOT start the game with them.

Gensokian

I do believe I can jump on board with this game, most certainly. 'Tis a wonder as to the reason I join, but then again, I truly feel the desire to join. I might figure out the reason as to my interest and desire to join later. 'Tis a mystery right now, 'tis a mystery...

Patriarch

*laughs* Couldn't have anything to do with you being one of the most avid players of Duels of Fate, could it? Well, I can't wait to see your application. If you liked Duels of Fate, you should love Duels 2. While designing Duels 2, we dug into everything that made up Duels of Fate and asked ourselves, "How can we make this better?" I've never been more excited about a new game. Ever.

HollowX

This sounds interesting, but I do have a question before I can even consider joining. How are we doing cards? Can we do real life decks or are we suppose to do something else?

Laughing Hyena

Well seeing as how I am a part of the Duels of Fate I am also tipping my hat into the ring Stairc. Oh and quick question. Is Duel of Fate canceled as a result because I am curious about that. And is it in the same continutity as Duel of Fate?

So just so the dunce can get this straight. No limit on the card copies apart from the max being two per card in your deck.

No limited cards like monster reborn starting off or forbidden cards such as yata-garasu as they are to be earned in game.

Bloody Rose

Thorn14

yasarra

At this time, I believe Stairc is in transit, returning to college.  So I'll answer to the best of my ability, and there will likely be corrections for anything I might have misinterpreted.  So, stay tuned.

Duels 2 is a separate entity from the original Duel of Fate.  It is not intended, to my knowledge, to be a replacement.  Therefore, if you are in the original, you may apply to play in this one as well.  As card copies go...the original allowed for 5, I believe.  And, unless Stairc has decided to change things, we decided on 7.

As far as the Six Samurai go, if it isn't on the limited or forbidden list, it's fine to apply with.  I look forward to seeing the applications, as does Stairc.

HollowX

Thorn14

Thanks, the cards aren't out in english just yet, so I was concerned.

Bloody Rose

yasarra

I'll be happy to provide a link for that as well as a link to the game rule .pdf which can be downloaded (It's pretty small, actually.) for those who are new to the game.

Forbidden List

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

Game Rules

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/rulebook/

Gensokian

Quote from: Zarazel on January 15, 2011, 05:58:24 PM
Just wondering if a Exodia deck can be done in the rp?

Nope, no Exodia. All cards are limited for him, and no limiteds are allowed off the bat. You have to wait to buy them.

Bloody Rose

yasarra

To the question of Exodia...the cards needed to do that are all limited, so eventually, you might be able to, but not right off the bat.  You'll have to earn those cards in-game.  Nobody starts off with any forbidden or limited cards. *smiles*

Bloody Rose

I know, but did not hurt to ask I had a exodia otk that only used exodia and future fusion to win in one turn ^^

yasarra

My apologies, Z.  As for the "how many multiples are allowed in the deck" question, I was able to catch Stairc and, we've removed that restriction, but...you may only have 2 of any one card in your deck, max. 

Thorn14

First time making this deck, so tell me if its fine or not please.

Legendary Six Samurai Enishi
Legendary Six Samurai Kageki
Legendary Six Samurai Kizan
Legendary Six Samurai Muziho
Shien's Yoriko x2
Grandmaster of the Six x2
Spirit of the Six Samurai
Six Samurai Irou x2
Six Samurai Kamon
Six Samurai Nisashi
Six Samurai Yaichi
Six Samurai Zanji
Six Samurai Zanji
Great Shogun Shien
Enishi, Shien's Chancellor 
Turret Warrior

Spell

Shien's Smoke Signal x2
Residence Of The Six x2
Three Step Opposition Of the Six
The Warrior Returning Alive
My Body as a Shield.
Gateway Of The Six
Solidarity
Lightning Vortex

Trap
Magatama Of Musakani x2
Swiftstrike Armor
Shien's Plot x2
Breakthrough!
Mirror Force
Elemental Burst
Rivalry of Warlords
Fuh-Rin-Ka-Zan

I'll fluff em up later, just wanna make sure the deck is okay. Sorry, first time in a looong time.

Gensokian

Nope, no Monster Reborn allowed yet. It's limited, and limited must be bought.

Also, the right to Synchro Summon must be bought, as well. You can use Tuner monsters, just can't Synchro Summon.

Patriarch

Great to see so much enthusiasm!

A few more quick answers -

Yes, Yasarra has basically all the details at her disposal - she can answer most any question regarding the game. The only thing she was not aware of was the change to copy rules from Duels of Fate to here. Duels 2 follows the same rules of deck construction that normal yugioh does, only the max number of copies of a specific card in your deck is 2, not 3. Forbidden and Limited cards will be, er, limited to 1 per your deck - though you have to unlock them first. Semi-Limited cards aren't really affected, since you start the game with access to all of them and you could only have 2 copies of each in your deck anyway as per the normal rules.

And HollowX - you can have access to any real-world card in the game. If it's been printed and is part of the legal, yugioh game - you can use it. The anime has a lot of off-the-wall overpowered and just plain weird cards, but you can't use them... Yet. In the future, some quests and storylines will let you gain access to rare and powerful cards - some of which may be from the anime and some of which may be designed by me specifically for the game. For now though, just go with real world cards.

For playing them, you can choose any cards you want then post them as a deck along with your character sheet (you can have more than one deck). You don't need to own the cards in real life. Take a look at my first too posts for a more in depth description.

And yep Hyena - you've got that right.

Thorn14

Quote from: Gensokian on January 15, 2011, 06:36:13 PM
Nope, no Monster Reborn allowed yet. It's limited, and limited must be bought.

Also, the right to Synchro Summon must be bought, as well. You can use Tuner monsters, just can't Synchro Summon.

Oh, alright, I'll replace those two and edit my original post

I added Fuh-Rin-Ka-Zan  and Swords of Revealing Light in their place.

yasarra

Swords of Revealing is also limited.  To help you, here's the link to the forbidden/limited list again.  Also, you can have Synchros, you just can't play them right away.

Patriarch

Nice Yasarra.

Oh, and Zarazel, how did the Future Fusion/Exodia combo work? You need the exodia pieces in your hand, not your graveyard, to win a duel.

Thorn14

Quote from: yasarra on January 15, 2011, 06:48:33 PM
Swords of Revealing is also limited.  To help you, here's the link to the forbidden/limited list again.  Also, you can have Synchros, you just can't play them right away.

Damn. Alright, My Body As A Shield then!

And can I just add the synchro later then? "Side Deck" if you will?

yasarra

That's fine.  Hold it off to the side and once you purchase the synchro summon unlock, it'll be right there, ready to go. =)

Thorn14

Question for the OP:

Do our characters have to be duelists like...they knew it was a card game or whatever they are here? Like can someone without knowledge of the rules suddenly have a deck? How does this work?

yasarra

They don't, to my knowledge, have to be competitive duelists from the start, no.  They could have been given a deck by someone or one could have been inherited, or they could have simply purchased their first deck recently.  We have one player willing to NPC the shopkeep who will be "selling" cards, and he's also willing to act as a tutor.  If they are brought, though, it was because they were already dueling or possess potential.

Bloody Rose

Basically is a combo of a dragon deck with exodia. I use Future fusion to get out three tuners that when discarded search for blue eyes white dragon and place it on my hand, the other two are two tuners dragon lv 4 (I think) with 2k defense. So it's FF+ Three tuners to get out blue eyes+Two tuners with 2k defense+ 3 blue eyes white dragon out of the deck. Basically trade in for the blue eyes and there is another card right now that I don't remember a name but I discard a dragon tuner from my hand and draw two cards. Turbo draw exodia dragon deck.

Patriarch

Yassarra is correct, as usual. *smiles*

Aha, that's clever Zarazel. Using The White Stone of Legend (I assume that's what you're talking about) with future fusion would generate a lot of card advantage very quickly. Naturally, Future Fusion will need to be unlocked for that to work (as will every Exodia Card) but it sounds like a very fun deck to play.

Now then, I'll get on adding a link to the limited/forbidden list to the original post - to make life easier for everyone.

Gensokian

Laughing Hyena

I have my deck crafted for this stage and honestly its not that bad. Gen has seen this deck before though so this should be no surprise.

PS- It was either this deck or a dragon deck.

thewhitedusk

Thought I would put my deck up first to make sure that everything would be allowed, before I do up my character. Majority is based off of my old tournament deck, though with some extras added and the limiteds removed

Monsters
1: Bondage Fairy(Winged Kuriboh)
2: Bondage Queen(Winged Kuriboh lvl 10)
3: The Creator Incarnate
4:The Creator
5: Elemental Hero Avion
6: Elemental Hero Burstinatrix
7: Destiny Hero Doomlord
8: Destiny Hero Defender
9: Destiny Hero Fearmonger
10: Destiny Hero Fearmonger
11: Destiny Hero Diamond Dude
12: Destiny Hero Captain Tenacious
13: Destiny Hero Dasher
14: Destiny Hero Dasher
15: Destiny Hero Malicious
16: Destiny Hero Malicious
17: Destiny Hero Double Dude
18: Detony Hero Double Dude
19: Destiny Hero Dreadmaster
20: Destiny Hero Dogma
21: Destiny Hero Plasma
22: Marauding Captain
23: Marauding Captain
24: Elemental Hero Ocean
25: Destiny Hero dread Servant
26: Rainbow Dark Dragon
55: Elemental Hero Sparkman
56: Summoner of Illusions
57: Summoner of Illusions
Spells
27: D-spirit
28: D-spirit
29: Pot of Avarice
31: Cyclone Blade
32: Dark City
33: Bondage Mask(Mask of the Accursed)
34: Over Destiny
35: Mystical Space Typhoon
36: Mystical Space Typhoon
37: Misfortune
38: The Warrior Returning Alive
39: Clock Tower Prison
40: Different Dimension Capsule
41: Monster Reincarnation
53: Polymerization
54: Polymerization
30:  Bondage Evolution(Transcendant Wings)

Traps
42: D-chain
43: D-chain
44: Destiny Signal
45: Destiny Signal
46: Dust tornado
47: Dust Tornado
48: Destiny Mirage
49: D-Shield
50: Covering Fire
51: Riryoku Field
52: Eternal Dread

Fusion:
Elemental Hero Phoenix Enforcer
Destiny End Dragoon
Elemental Hero Shining Phoenix Enforcer
(Sorry some of the numbers are out of order.  I had realized only too late after reaching my fusion monsters i forgot to add a few cards)

Gensokian

No Card Destruction; it is Limited, and must be bought in-game.

thewhitedusk

Removed Card Destruction.  So do we just post our character profiles here for the moment, or is there a separate thread for them?

Gensokian

I messed up when I said that. Since then have changed it. Apologies.

yasarra

Card Destruction, according to the list, is indeed limited.  The rest checks out fine.

Gensokian

Here's my deck. Or at least, the one I can use for now.

1. Gravekeeper's Priestess
2. Gravekeeper's Spy
3. Gravekeeper's Assailant
4. Gravekeeper's Chief
5. Gravekeeper's Descendant
6. Gravekeeper's Guard
7. Gravekeeper's Spear Soldier
8. Gravekeeper's Commandant
9. Gravekeeper's Visionary
10. Mystic Tomato
11. Newdoria
12. Legendary Fiend
13. Gravekeeper's Guard
14. Earthbound Immortal Cusillu
15. Guardian Sphinx
16. Viser Des
17. A Cat of Ill Omen
18. Lava Golem
19. Regulus
20. Terraforming
21. Necrovalley
22. Charm of Shabti
23. Book of Moon
24. Gravekeeper's Stele
25. Book of Moon
26. Creature Swap
27. Royal Tribute
28. Field Barrier
29. Nightmare's Steel Cage
30. Magical Stone Excavation
31. Gravekeeper's Servant
32. Mystical Space Typhoon
33. Rite of Spirit
34. Metal Reflect Slime
35. Gravekeeper's Watcher
36. Dark Illusion
37. Bottomless Trap Hole
38. Malevolent Catastrophe
39. Coffin Seller
40. Nighmare Wheel
41. Gravekeeper's Spy
42. Necrovalley
43. Gravekeeper's Commandant
44. Gravekeeper's Descendant
45. Earthbound Immortal Aslla Piscu
46. Gravekeeper's Stele
47. Gravekeeper's Recruiter

Bloody Rose

Name:  Junko Lonestar
Species:  Human
Appearance:  http://foro.cemzoo.com/picture.php?albumid=7568&pictureid=130585
Reality: Junko is the type of girl who won’t say no to any challenge. She is a woman with photographic memory wich makes her deadly to a person she dueled before. Aside from this she is a kind hearted young woman who does not care much about anybody but herself. In her mind is her always first then the others and that is the way she had survived in the duelist world. She tends to keep herself with not too much fame as she knows that fame will screw her life over. She is a traveler and always is looking for different ways to duel.
Personality: Junko is a girl who is a joker in heart, she always tries to find a way to have fun with the people around her. Always trying to make jokes to make others feel better but more importantly herself.  She is a brilliant girl although she tries not to let others find out about that fact.  To Junko her deck is the most important thing in the entire world left by her dying mother. She changed some stuff in her deck but let the strategy the same. Does not really caring if she loose or win she is a woman not to be taken lightly, once in a duel she throws away her joker persona and a new entire person arrives, one who is serious about dueling and watches and thinks of every move, making her a deadly opponent.
Backstory: She was born in the Satellite part of Domino city. Ever since little she had a big brain for every technique and everything to do with studies. Her parents noticing that tried to send her to school but she did not wanted to. Finally after a lot of fighting with her parents they just gave up and decided to give her a job sorting out garbage and cleaning satellite wich was a job that did not payed much, barely to eat.  Not really knowing what else to do she continued to do her job, one day she found a card in a garbage. Not knowing much about Duel monsters she decided to give it a try as she began to pick up every card she encountered around the junk of satellite and soon formed a deck with a rather unique strategy.  As soon as she learned the rules she was hooked to the game, dueling with everyone she could.
One day her mother was at the brink of death due to a illness that was taken her over. Just before she died she gave her deck to Junko wich she combined with the cards she already had to form a very powerful deck that most of the people in her place knew. Two hours later her mother died and Junko was left alone. As she ran through the streets of satellite she bumped into a group of kids her own age playing, orphans like her she found some new people to hang with, some new friends. However things always change as one day she found one of her friends near death. As she was told that they were beaten by a gang of bikers Junko tried to confront them on her own only causing the death of the rest of her friends wich were held hostage by the gang. Somehow managing to get out of the trouble she was in she decided to travel around and try to find a new place to call home. 

Decklists :
Monsters:
Banisher of Light x2
Banisher of Radiance x2
Gren Mayo Da Iza x2
D.D. Warrior Lady x2
Golden Homunculus x2
Jinzo x2
D.D.M. Different Dimension Master x2
Needle Worm x2
D.D. Survivor x2
Spell Cards:
Dimensional Fissure x2
Soul Release x2
Soul Absorption  x2
Gold Sarcophagus x2
Chaos end x2
Different Dimension Reincarnation x2
Traps:
Macro Cosmos x2
Dimensional Prison x2
Karma Cut x2
Magic Cylinder x2
D.D. Dynamite x2

Gensokian

Aw, snaps, a remove-from-play deck. I hate those with a fury. Almost as much as the JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARS! DX

yasarra

*nods* These latest two decks, I can find no cards that would not be allowed.

Dorian Grandale

Ah, I see you two are at it again.  :-)

I'm definitely interested. I'll see what I can come up with, but it might take a bit.
"There ain't no sunshine when I'm low, how I'm low.
People tell me life's a game, I'm not playing.
Bitches don't mean shit to me, anymore.
I have taken my blows, I'm still standing.."

thewhitedusk

Name: Sera Ishana
Species: Near Human
Appearance:

Her lips are the same blue as her hair, as are the entirety of her eyes.  Nails also seem to be a natural blue and almost clawlike.  Elongated canines and a single black slit down her blue eyes vertically.  Other, usually covered areas also possess the same tint of blue as her lips.
Reality: Sera hails from an egyptianesque futuristic utopia.  Monsters there are not cards or stone tablets, but living, breathing beings, the greatest of them often worshiped by the human-like inhabitants of the planet.  Once bonded with a normal person, they loyally serve them for life.  It has been rumored that eons ago people from her world traveled to ancient Egypt and were the ones to introduce the dueling of monsters to Earth.  However the Pharaoh of the time was power hungry and feared that these visitors would try to take over, so he chased them away from Earth with the magic and the creation of shadow copies of the monsters brought to their world, sealed within stone tablets, and none have returned ever since.
Personality: Sera has kind of withdrew into herself since winding up in this strange new land.  What was once a vibrant young woman has become a serious duelist, who can often be seen talking to her cards.  However the wilted flower she had become is once beginning to open up and bloom once more, little by little.
Backstory: Sera is the daughter of the High Priestess of the Creator, a being said to have been the one to have created everything in the known universe.  She herself had bonded with a young fairy being, often clad in very revealing leather clothing.  However for Sera, life in the temple was not for her, and she often left without permission to mingle with the commoners and have a proper glimpse of true civilization outside of the temples own little world.  The Creator himself saw how willful the young girl was, so he sent an incarnation of himself to be her protector.  When she and her fairy friend was torn from her own world into this new dimension, the Creators incarnation followed her, and summoned with him the creators own protectors of destiny.  When she awoke in this new strange world, she had discovered that her beloved friends and protectors had been turned into nothing more than cards.  However, several of her friends materialized around her, almost as phantoms.  She soon realized that not everyone could see them as she did.
Dual Spirits: Bondage Fairy

Deck 1

Monsters
1: Bondage Fairy(Winged Kuriboh)
2: Bondage Queen(Winged Kuriboh lvl 10)
3: The Creator Incarnate
4:The Creator
5: Elemental Hero Avion
6: Elemental Hero Burstinatrix
7: Destiny Hero Doomlord
8: Destiny Hero Defender
9: Destiny Hero Fearmonger
10: Destiny Hero Fearmonger
11: Destiny Hero Diamond Dude
12: Destiny Hero Captain Tenacious
13: Destiny Hero Dasher
14: Destiny Hero Dasher
15: Destiny Hero Malicious
16: Destiny Hero Malicious
17: Destiny Hero Double Dude
18: Destiny Hero Double Dude
19: Destiny Hero Dreadmaster
20: Destiny Hero Dogma
21: Destiny Hero Plasma
22: Marauding Captain
23: Marauding Captain
24: Elemental Hero Ocean
25: Destiny Hero dread Servant
26: Rainbow Dark Dragon
55: Elemental Hero Sparkman
56: Summoner of Illusions
57: Summoner of Illusions

Spells
27: D-spirit
28: D-spirit
29: Pot of Avarice
31: Cyclone Blade
32: Dark City
33: Bondage Mask(Mask of the Accursed)
34: Over Destiny
35: Mystical Space Typhoon
36: Mystical Space Typhoon
37: Misfortune
38: The Warrior Returning Alive
39: Clock Tower Prison
40: Different Dimension Capsule
41: Monster Reincarnation
53: Polymerization
54: Polymerization
30:  Bondage Evolution(Transcendant Wings)

Traps
42: D-chain
43: D-chain
44: Destiny Signal
45: Destiny Signal
46: Dust tornado
47: Dust Tornado
48: Destiny Mirage
49: D-Shield
50: Covering Fire
51: Riryoku Field
52: Eternal Dread

Fusion:
Elemental Hero Phoenix Enforcer
Destiny End Dragoon
Elemental Hero Shining Phoenix Enforcer
(Sorry some of the numbers are out of order.  I had realized only too late after reaching my fusion monsters i forgot to add a few cards)

Deck 2

1: Luster Dragon
2: Luster Dragon
3: Red-Eyes Black Chick
4: Red-Eyes Black Dragon
5: Red-Eyes Black Dragon
6: Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon
7: Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
8: Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
9: Blue-Eyes White Dragon
10: Blue-Eyes White Dragon
11: Summoner of Illusions
12: Summoner of Illusions
13: Lord of D.
14: Divine Dragon Ragnarok
15: Malefic Red-Eyes Black Dragon
16: Malefic Red-Eyes Black Dragon
17: Malefic Blue-Eyes White Dragon
18: Malefic Blue-Eyes White Dragon
19: Malefic Cyber End Dragon
20: Malefic Cyber End Dragon
21: Malefic Truth Dragon
22: Creator Incarnate
23: Creator Incarnate
24: The Creator
25: Dragon's Mirror
26: Dragon's Mirror
27: Shooting Star Bow-Ceal
29: Card Trader
30: Card Trader
31: Mystical Space Typhoon
32: Mystical Space Typhoon
33: Magical Citadel of Endymion
34: Mountain
35: Field Barrier
36: Terraforming
37: Terraforming
38: Skill Drain
39: Trade-in
40: Dust Tornado
41: Dust Tornado
42: Flute of Summoning Dragon
43: Flute of Summoning Dragon
44: Lord of D
46: Polymerization
47: Divine Dragon Ragnarock
28: Red-eyes Black Chick
49: Armed Dragon Lv3
50: Armed Dragon Lv5
45: Armed Dragon Lv7
51: Armed Dragon Lv10
(Again sorry numbers are out of order.  Wrote this up in Notepad and kept adding/removing cards)
Extra
Cyber End Dragon
Cyber End Dragon
Five-headed Dragon
Five-headed Dragon
King Dragun
King Dragun

Gensokian

Alright, everything looks good, and Duel Spirits are indeed allowed, my good sir. Encouraged, even.

thewhitedusk

Gensokian

Ah, might want to nix one of them; just going by last game, in which only two were really allowed. There could be a third if it was dream-only, but that's a whole different matter.

Gensokian

Alright, so now you're good to code from last game. Now we wait for Stairc to come by and tell me I'm wrong~. ^^

Flash Gorden

Name: Donovan Brown
Species: Human
Appearance:
Reality:
Earth! Just like real life! There's war, life, death, taxes, video games, books... All sorts of things. And, of course, there are Yugioh cards. Fairly popular, people play them all over.
(It's a pretty short description, but I don't have too much to write about it, being the real world and all. I can add more if needed, though.)

Personality:
Donovan considers himself to be a pretty cool guy. A senior in high school, going to college very soon, he's fairly smart and really likes art. He is, however, totally on the pervy side. Having had one or two girlfriends in high school, he found it hard not to watch their chests and asses instead of giving what they were saying his full attention. He also tends to have a wandering eye for other women. As a result, his art, mostly drawings, aren't always exactly on the... clean side of things.

Pretty friendly, Donovan has a few close friends. Not really all that aggressive in real life, he prefers to work things out on video-games and such. While one couldn't call him a nerd, he isn't much of a jock and really only has a talent for soccer. A good goalie. He's never really played Yugioh until just real recently, and isn't all that good, yet. But, like all games, he totally wants to master it.

Backstory:

Donovan was born in the small town of Winona, Wisconsin. His mother was a doctor, his father a nurse (something his friends would often point out teasingly later in life) and he had a fairly happy childhood. The only hitch was that his parents would often leave him with a nanny for care, but he grew to be used to that in time. It served to foster a sense of independence in him from a young age.

While not incredibly religious, Donovan's parents sent him to a 'church-school' until high school. They wanted their son to have the best possible education a young man could have, and hopefully follow them into medicine. Unfortunately for them, rather than taking to his health classes and such, Donovan grew to absolutely adore his art classes. Drawing, painting, a little bit of sculpting, all were incredibly more fun than anything else in school, and Donovan began to practice them on a regular basis. He quickly realized that is best skill was in just general drawing, from sketch work to actual full out colored pictures.

By middle school, his parents had accepted that he probably wasn't going to become some super medical guy like themselves and started to fund his art habit. Donovan, of course, had a few friends by this time and would hang out with them on a regular basis. He was something of the rich kid in the group, so they often hung out at his place more often than not.

It was with these friends that Donovan started to realize he was something of a pervert, one of them telling him to draw a picture of another's mom. Finding it funny, he did so. And, well, he couldn't help himself but make her look a little prettier, a little bustier, and not exactly clad in completely covering clothes. Needless to say, the friend who's mom this was was never shown the picture.

Donovan went to high-school with his friends, this one public. He was pretty successful there, joining both the soccer team and the art club. He went through a few girlfriends, managed not to loose his virginity to his shame, and had some pretty awesome friends. A few of which, by his senior year, were playing a new card game called Yugioh. He was a bit skeptical at first, but when bugged about it, he eventually relented, telling them to do one thing for him. "Make me a deck of sexy women." They all shipped in with a few extra cards, building him a deck of Amazonesses. Heartily approving, Donovan began to play a little. Picking it up fairly quickly, he found it to be a pretty fun game, and decided he'd probably keep playing it in college. Art school, of course.

Little did he know he'd soon be leaving Earth, College and all his friends behind...

Decklist:

Monsters:
1. Amazoness Archer
2. Amazoness Blowpiper
3. Amazoness Chain Master
4-5. Amazoness Fighter (2 of them)
6-7. Amazoness Paladin
8. Amazoness Queen
9. Amazoness Sage
10. Amazoness Scouts
11. Amazoness Swords Woman
12. Amazoness Tiger
13-14. Amazoness Trainee
15. Command Knight
16-17. Rose, Warrior of Revenge
18. Warrior Lady of the Wasteland

Spells:
19. Amazoness Fighting Spirit
20. Amazoness Heirloom
21. Amazoness Spellcaster
22. Amazoness Village
23-24. The A. Forces
25-26. Solidarity
27. United We Stand
28. The Warrior Returning Alive

Traps:
29. Amazoness Archers
30. Amazoness Shamanism
31. Amazoness Willpower
32. Desperate Tag
33-34. Dramatic Rescue
35. Pixie Ring
36. Queen's Pawn
37. Spiritual Earth Art - Kurogane
38-39. Mystical Space Typhoon
40. Dust Tornado

((Pretty basic deck, but it fits his character. Hope this works for you all.))

Patriarch

Lol, you're wrong genso. Due to the overcrowding of the last spirits - we're going with one per person this time around. But extra things may open up during the story threads.

The rest looks great. Keep posting people!

Gensokian

Ah...see? Told ya Stairc was gonna tell me I'm wrong~. ^^

And Flash, no Reinfocement of the Army just yet. 'Tis Limited, so you need to buy.

Flash Gorden

Oh, oops. Replaced it in the post with a second Solidarity. Hope that works.

Gensokian

Flash Gorden

Haven't actually played the game for a year or two now, so I'm interested as well. I remember having a deck like this once, though.

Bloody Rose

Gensokian

Quote from: Flash Gorden on January 16, 2011, 01:27:03 AM
Haven't actually played the game for a year or two now, so I'm interested as well. I remember having a deck like this once, though.

Meh, I started playing in the original game after recently coming out of a 5 year hiatus, and then I turned out to be one of the major threats in the game. I think you'll do fine.

Quote from: Zarazel on January 16, 2011, 01:27:34 AM
I want to rp already ^^

Oh, trust me, it's worth the wait. Though, it might be mentioned now that you will spend a good portion of your time at Yugiohwikia. It's considered good manners to hotlink images of your cards as you play them, just to make sure that the effects of the cards are accurate. Plus, we gets to see pretty pictures...^^

Bloody Rose

thewhitedusk

Edited profile once more to reduce it to a single duel spirit.  Also added my second deck.

Laughing Hyena

Name: Ethan Williams
Appearance

Reality: Neo (New) Domino City (From Yugioh 5Ds)

Personality: Treating dueling as his life blood Ethan is highly passionate with it comes to keeping dreams within sight and pursuing them. His outlook has been changed significantly from his acceptance of his role as a common laborer of Satellite by Yusei Fudo. Because of the "impossible" achievements Yusei accomplished, it has inspired Ethan to try and change his own lot in life and he intends to do so no matter how many obstacles come in his path. As such he is incredibly stubborn when he makes his mind up on something but he is still fiercely loyal to those whom have his trust and those he swears to help will find a very fierce ally willing to be first into the fray and faster still to aid another.

Backstory: Formerly of Satellite, Ethan was born just after the rebirth of the Signers and Dark Signer. Born into Satellite his role in life was to serve others as a hard laborer and be the grunt of other more important people. A simple lamb or extension of an arm. It was all he knew and it was all he was going to know. However many things changed on the day Yusei Fudo began defying the status quo and the repercussions of his actions as well as those around him sent ripples through the city that could not be halted.

The Earthbound Immortals ravaged the city but through the great battle of Yusei against the Dark Signer Goodwin, Satellite and Neo Domino City were interconnected and many a life was changed including Ethan's. For starters this meant that no longer was Satellite isolated from Neo Domino City and he could finally change his lot in life along with his family. Inspired as he was by Yusei's actions Ethan decided that he had to do something about his own fate for he did not wish to remain a serf to others any longer. He would take charge of his own fate.

With new found flare Ethan put everything he had into his dueling skills making bets upon every game he could in order to further his own goals when it was needed whilst other duels were meant to improve upon his skills. Scavenging an old duel disc he tired well into the weeks to repair it and get it in operating shape using whatever connections and resources possible to get it in working order. When it was ready he would use this in duels with higher stakes and values within them in Satellite carving his way through underground circuits. All to earn enough to move into New Domino City but first he needed a Duel Runner.

Ethan himself scrounged and sweated for everything he had and eventually rising up from the underground circuits into playing in independent duel circuits and managed to acquire his own Duel Runner. Even if it was a bit broken down and needing repairs... Most of Satellite's folks were poor so it took him two years to save up for it and all the while making expenses but with the Duel Runner he could finally make his way and uproot himself from his home and maybe even become a Turbo Duelist.

That however changed when crossing Daedalus Bridge during one night set on leaving Satellite behind at long last to make his dreams reality. For within the lights he found the bridge stretching on longer then it should but by the time he realized it, it was far too late to turn back. With no option he braved the darkness and would venture from Neo Domino City and into a world unlike anything his eyes have ever witnessed.

Ethans Deck

-Monster Cards- 20

Dark Simorgh (Disciple of the Tengu)
Dark Simorgh (Disciple of the Tengu)
Raiza the Storm Monarch (Irene the Celestial Knight)
Raiza the Storm Monarch (Irene the Celestial Knight)
Slate Warrior (Flirtatious Succubus)
Slate Warrior (Flirtatious Succubus)
Goe Goe the Gallant Ninja (Seductive Ninja)
Goe Goe the Gallant Ninja (Seductive Ninja)
Lady Ninja Yae (Ninja Disciple)
Lady Ninja Yae (Ninja Disciple)
Mist Valley Soldier (Avian Archer)
Mist Valley Soldier (Avian Archer)
Armageddon Knight (Maiden of Mirthless Spite)
Armageddon Knight (Maiden of Mirthless Spite)
Strike Ninja (Swift Ninja)
Strike Ninja (Swift Ninja)
Snipe Hunter (Succubus Sniper)
Snipe Hunter (Succubus Sniper)
Getsu Fuma (Hunter of the Wicked)
Getsu Fuma (Hunter of the Wicked)

-Magic Cards- 10

Monster Reincarnation
Monster Reincarnation
Lightning Storm
Lightning Storm
Smashing Ground
Gold Sarcophagus
Mystical Space Typhoon
Mystical Space Typhoon

-Trap Cards- 10

Anti-Spell Fragrance
Anti-Spell Fragrance
Dust Tornado
Dust Tornado
Malevolent Catastrophe
Ninjistu Art of Decoy
Ninjistu Art of Transformation
Ninjistu Art of Transformation
Time Machine
Time Machine

-Extra Deck- 2 (For when Synchros are Unlocked)

Colossal Fighter (Miyako, the Legendary Shinobi)
Colossal Fighter (Miyako, the Legendary Shinobi)

Shadowfox

I am going to use the same custom deck that was created in Duels 1 with a few small changes for limited card removal. The neko cards are based off the six samurai deck I originally used with my character Moriko Silva. For those of you not from the first one, I link every custom card when it is played in a duel so don't worry about not being able to look the card up on wikia.

Kaya Queen of The Neko
Kitty Commando
Neko Errand Girl
Neko-Kaigeki The Swordsword Knight
Neko-Mizuho The Silent Blade
Spirit of The Neko
Neko-Amakuni the Swordmistress
Neko-Enishi The Matron
Neko-Yaichi The Huntress
Neko-Yaichi The Huntress
Neko-Zanji The Blade Dancer
Neko-Kamon The Saboteur
Neko-Kamon The Saboteur
Neko-Irou The Assassin
Neko-Irou The Assassin
Neko-Nisashi The Swift Storm
Neko-Yariza The Infiltrator
Neko-Amakuni The Sword Mistress
Bowl of Milk--
Neko Mischief--
Neko Pleasure Palace--
Neko Unity--
Offering to Kaya--
Axe of Despair--
The Warrior Returning Alive--
Mystical Space Typhoon--
United We Stand--
United We Stand--
Bowl of Milk--
Fresh Fish---
Nine Lives---
Nom Attack!!!---
Up A Tree---
Solidarity---
Bottomless Trap Hole---
Radiant Mirror Force---
Ultimate Offering---
Draining Shield----

Thorn14

Name: Rosen Ki

Appearance:

Reality: (Rosen comes from a fantasy world about middle of the road of the low-high spectrum. It is constantly plunged into war with demons, and mortals fight every day for their lands.)

Personality: (Rosen is young, but has a good head on her, at least for her age. She grew up knowing only how to fight the demons that challenged her world every day, so her knowledge of normal life is very limited, leaving her a fish out of water if she ever has to do something not pertaining to her profession as a fighter of her realm. She's no idiot however, and can adapt if she tries hard enough. She jokes and keeps a wise ass personality when she can, hoping to keep spirits high in normally bleak situations. This does not make her unpleasant however, just extremely snarky.)

Backstory: (Rosen never knew her parents. Like alot of people, she was orphaned from the wars. She never knew how long the wars were, or how long the demons had been attacking her lands. But as per the law, any orphan of the war was to be sent to the Demon Hunter Academy to train to be another soldier in the possibly never ending battle against the unending tides of hell. Shew grew up as any other, trained to be a foot soldier, probably one who would not last 10 minutes in combat with any moderately competent Demon. However she proved herself  time and time again to be able to outperform her peers in her class, and she was one of the few chosen to actually BE a Demon Hunter, and not just a grunt for one. This idea did not suit her well, as she had grown attached to her class. She had ran away a few times in protest, but when an ambush attacked her class during an athletic training exercise, she sprung into action, and defended her class from an attack that would probably have maimed them all. At this moment she realized she could protect her friends even while away, and decided to train to be one of the Elite Demon Hunters. She always moved swiftly, and never was one for studying the books, so she focused on physical training, ready for the more brutish of the demons, while her partners would take on any of the more...subtle kinds. During a major offensive to take back one of the larger cities, years later, Rosen lead her squad to take back the throne room, and rescue the royalty and nobles who had hidden themselves. Little did she know, that the prisoners were actually converted cultists, who planned for their rescue, and opened up a portal, spewing out demons. She and her squad fought well, but in the end she was the last one standing. As she send the finishing blow to the last cultist, she was spun by a surprise attack by a powerful demon. As the light in her vision faded, she found herself suddenly in the halls of the twisted goddess. She was told the power of the duels, and how she could shape reality how she wanted with them. This was her chance to save the world she had come from once and for all. In her hands, she found a deck with warriors all too similar to the Demon Hunters she grew up with and trained to become. Clutching the deck tightly, she set out to gain as much power as she could, and end the suffering of the humans in her world.

Deck List (Six Samurai, edited to be like demon hunters.)

Legendary Six Samurai Enishi
Legendary Six Samurai Kageki
Legendary Six Samurai Kizan
Legendary Six Samurai Muziho
Shien's Yoriko x2
Grandmaster of the Six x2
Spirit of the Six Samurai
Six Samurai Irou x2
Six Samurai Kamon
Six Samurai Nisashi
Six Samurai Yaichi
Six Samurai Zanji
Six Samurai Zanji
Great Shogun Shien
Enishi, Shien's Chancellor
Turret Warrior

Spell

Shien's Smoke Signal x2
Residence Of The Six x2
Three Step Opposition Of the Six
My Body as a Shield.
Gateway Of The Six X2
Solidarity
Lightning Vortex

Trap
Magatama Of Musakani x2
Swiftstrike Armor
Shien's Plot x2
Breakthrough!
Elemental Burst
Rivalry of Warlords
Fuh-Rin-Ka-Zan

Gensokian

Meet your friendly card shop owner and tutor, Rinnosuke. This is the man you go to when you need to purchase your cards, or learn how to use them. You do have to always pay for cards, but he always makes sure that each one is at a fair price; mostly because he's been told to do so, but he would have done that, anyway. However, his tutor services are out of the kindness of his heart, so always feel free to use them.

And ladies, he's single~. ;)

yasarra

Okay, we have quite a few apps that are really good.  What I'd like, if I may trouble you all a tiny bit further, is to see a sample roleplay post.  Show me a moment in the regular life of your character, before they get whisked away into our game.  If you could PM it to Stairc and myself, that would be great.

It doesn't have to be anything long and drawn out, just a taste of your character's normal, day-to-day life.

Patriarch

Absolutely. Make it however long or short you feel is enough to display your writing talent to its full potential. This will be THE crucial thing we judge entries on. If you care, show it - and write well.

Additionally, if you wish to send us a post of a more exciting moment in the character's life - perhaps them in the midst of drama or a duel - that would be excellent as well. PM them to us, don't post them here.

Patriarch

Nice Thorn, it looks wonderful.

Keep them coming people! And bear in mind you can make two characters!

Bloody Rose

Flash Gorden

I think I sent my PM in awhile ago, too.

Don't think I'll be doing a second character though, what with being in this RP, hopefully, and the new Fallout one that's starting up soon.

Laughing Hyena

Working on my own PM as well just in case you'd care for it. :-) Its taking longer due to a lack of inspiration

Patriarch

Laughing Hyena

Patriarch

Damn it, so many excellent applications! We're  having a devil of a time going through them!

Keep them coming guys. This is looking to be amazing.

Patriarch

For Extra Credit!

While we're judging applications, and some are finishing characters, we'd like to invite you to submit a 'theme song' for your character(s) - something you feel that describes them. It's a great way for us to get to know the character better, and it's a lot of fun too. Please post them here (youtube videos embed very well) so we can all enjoy!

Bloody Rose

That is easy for me, due to my characters dual personality (not like yami, she just takes things very seriously when she duels) and the fact that she never will give up a duel I guess this belongs to her

Manowar - I Believe

Patriarch

Nice. Very nice.

What about the rest of you? Come on, jump in, the water's fine. *smiles*

Thorn14

I like the song, I cant give alot of reasons why it fits, but it does, and some themes where the theme came from is similar to Rosen's history.

Umineko BGM - Worldend Dominator

Patriarch

Bloody Rose

Laughing Hyena

Anyway heres what I felt was suitable for a character theme considering his backstory and hard work ethic.

Impossible Victory (HD)

Flash Gorden

I've never been terribly good at theme music, but...

Deadly Premonition OST- Life is Beautiful

Edit: Well hmm... Didn't work. The link is in there, though.

Patriarch

Lol, just post the link in the text box - don't add tags. Elliquiy does the rest for you ;)

Patriarch

And, we'll be getting started in a few days - once we finish choosing our lucky participants and recieve everyone's applications.

Flash Gorden

thewhitedusk

If I had to pick a specific song though for Sera, it would prolly have to be this.

Angel of Darkness lyrics

Bloody Rose

Patriarch

Six I think - we may go a little over or under if we absolutely have to, there's so many great applications. And we'll want at least a 50/50 ratio of new players to those from Duels of Fate, and we'd rather have more new than not.

Bloody Rose

Patriarch

It's so hard to choose! Why did you all have to write such wonderful entries?!?

Bloody Rose

Patriarch

Laughing Hyena

Does it have to be just six if you are finding it so difficult to chose? 

;D

Patriarch

Lol, yeah - for now at least. If the game looks like it can handle more without becoming overly confusing, we'll add more!

Kiric Rand

What the hell, If you guys have the room, I might jump in as a background character, but my previous character/decks will not be making a return if so
[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

Thorn14

Patriarch

*grins* Yes. Player decisions have almost been made. We have 5 of the 6 spots finalized. I thought I was going to get it done days ago... But you're all making it so hard! If you want faster next time, agree to have at least SOME of you submit poor applications!

To help the final decision, I'd like to know everyone's posting schedule. Being able to post multiple times a night at least some nights a week would be good. Otherwise the duels take FOREVER.

Bloody Rose

I am almost always online so I can post mostly everyday. I am online even at work so yea ^^

Flash Gorden

I can totally post multiple times a night sometimes a week. Hopefully more often than not, really.

Patriarch

Thorn14

I have class Monday/Wednesday  11-2 AM EST, Tuesday 5-11 PM, and 1-11 PM Thursdays.

I'm free normally though for the rest of the week.

Kiric Rand

if you need multiple postings a night, i'm out. I only get sundays and mondays off, the rest of the week I'm at work most of the day.
[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

Shadowfox

Ok here is the new duels 2 version of Moriko.

Name:Moriko Silva
Species: Neko
Appearance:

Reality: The world Moriko hails from technology wise is more medieval, around the earlier use of gunpowder in cannons. Humans are one of the predominant races, but they share the world with other fantasy based races such as elves. The world has magic but it is predominantly ritualized. Non-ritualized magic is very weak and minor in what it can accomplish. One of the highest forms of ritual used by magic users is a form of dueling, and the most powerful spells are cast with shadow games.

Personality: Moriko on the surface seems to act like a stereotypical anime cat girl. She is playful, hyper, bouncy, and has a tendency to end almost all of her sentences with nya. On top of this Moriko is very sexually open and has no concept of personal space or boundaries. So at first glance most people tend to think she is a dumb catgirl. However Moriko posses a high degree of intelligence and when she duels a very strategic and calculating mind set. Opponents would do well not to underestimate her capabilities. After being magically manipulated into a slave by Vandral, Moriko seeks to maintain her independence but a large part of her nature now desires a master.

Backstory: Moriko was the young queen of a nation known as Karavin. She had come to the throne at the young age of fourteen when her parents were killed in an assassination plot, leaving only her and her younger brother Aron alive out of the royal family. Despite the heavy responsibility thrust on her at such a young age Moriko persevered and kept her country together in it's time of turmoil. She proved to be a popular ruler like her parents, fair, compassionate towards her people and smart. She had a skilled tactical mind as well and was a skilled duelist and magic user. Her weak points were her youth and inexperience as well as her impatience and pride. However despite her talents she would never have been able to hold the country together if it had not been for two things. One was the elite team of royal guards and councilors who had served her parents before, and the other was her slightly younger brother Aron. Aron was a born warrior, battlefield tactician, and field leader.

The country enjoyed a few short years of peace and prosperity, but it was not to last. Touching Karavin's southern border was the smaller country of Rhingan. Rhingan was ruled with an iron fist by their merciless king Vandral. Rhingan was  not a very prosperous country being smaller than Karavin and having less fertile land and natural resources to work with. Vandral's father had desired expansion of his borders for many years, but their country was ringed on three sides by nearly impassible mountains. He greatly desired Karavin for himself, but was unwilling to start a war as Karavin contained a larger army despite his heavy military buildup. He sought to take the country through treachery and was the one responsible for the assassination of the previous king and queen. Vandral grew tired of his fathers weakness and desiring power sooner than later, murdered his own father shortly after Moriko was crowned queen. Vandral spent several years devising plans to succeed where his father had failed in taking Karvin for himself.

One day when Aron was off with a sizable chunk of Karavin's forces providing aid to one of their allies Vandral decided to put his plan into action. He determined that the best way to take the country would be to neutralize both it's leader and her royal elite force. The year before his men while mining had stumbled upon a chamber of an ancient civilization, which contained an artifact capable of drastically boosting the power of his ritualistic magic. Now he just needed to lure the young queen into a ritual duel with him. Knowing of her compassion for her people Vandral sent a team of his men disguised as bandits to capture and hold hostage one of Karavin's border towns. Vandral himself went with his team of false bandits under disguise as their leader so as not to provoke open warfare before he was ready. The armed force easily subdued the small town in a night raid, and then Vandral sent a letter to Moriko asking for Ransom for the lives of the townspeople. The letter also requested that the queen personally deliver the money. Moriko's advisers and guards warned her of the danger and pleaded with her not to go, but the young woman would not stand idly by while the lives of her people were at stake. She took a force of her guards and the demanded ransom money and traveled down to the town to meet with the bandits.

When Moriko arrived at the town Vandral has his men holding all of the civilians at sword point. When Moriko tried to deliver the money, he laughed and told her she would have to duel him in order to save the lives of the villagers. Seeing knife blades against the throats of an eight year old boy and girl, Moriko bowed her head and agreed to the duel on the condition that win or lose the townspeople would be spared. Vandral smiled and set up a powerful shadow duel with Moriko backed by the power of the artifact. Moriko did her best in the duel and fought long and hard, but in the end victory went to Vandral that day. As soon as Moriko dropped, the powerful spell Vandral had set up kicked in and Moriko and practically the entire royal guard were transformed into mindless neko sex slaves. Vandral signaled his army to begin the invasion and with Karavin lacking any leadership and half of it's military away on a foreign campaign, the capital was quickly conquered and the rest of the country submitted.

Vandral's reign of Karavin proved to be short lived, thanks to the actions of Aron Silva. When the prince received news of what had befallen his sister and his kingdom he had just finished helping their allied nation of Sandal. He quickly began plans for a counter campaign backed by his forces and the forces of Sandal, and set out to retake his home back. After a brief bloody campaign Aron's combined forces had driven Vandral's army back, and in the capitol of Karavin Aron personally drove his sword through Vandral's heart. With Vandral's death his hold on the nekofied queen and her guard was broken, although since Aron did not defeat Vandral in a duel first the transformation was not undone. Moriko could think for herself again, but she was still a neko and was left with scars and confusion. Moriko now had two aspects of her personality and was no longer the same person she had been before. While she had regained the intelligence, compassion, and memories of her former self much had changed. Where before she had been a calm regal queen, now she was hyper, emotional, playful, and easily distracted. She had been a virgin before and was now bi-sexual and sex crazed to the point of nymphomania. The strong, independent queen now found a large part of herself yearning for a master to tell her what to do. In the recent events following the battle her brother assumed the throne while Moriko was trying to come to terms with who she had become. As she was walking towards her room one night she stepped through an archway and was suddenly falling into a tunnel of darkness. When she opened her eyes, she was no longer in the palace and was instead in some strange temple.

Decklists:
Kaya Queen of The Neko
Kitty Commando
Neko Errand Girl
Neko-Kaigeki The Swordsword Knight
Neko-Mizuho The Silent Blade
Spirit of The Neko
Neko-Amakuni the Swordmistress
Neko-Enishi The Matron
Neko-Yaichi The Huntress
Neko-Yaichi The Huntress
Neko-Kamon The Saboteur
Neko-Kamon The Saboteur
Neko-Irou The Assassin
Neko-Irou The Assassin
Neko-Yariza The Infiltrator
Neko-Amakuni The Sword Mistress
Bowl of Milk--
Neko Mischief--
Neko Pleasure Palace--
Neko Unity--
Offering to Kaya--
Axe of Despair--
The Warrior Returning Alive--
Mystical Space Typhoon--
United We Stand--
United We Stand--
Bowl of Milk--
Fresh Fish---
Nine Lives---
Nom Attack!!!---
Up A Tree---
Solidarity---
Bottomless Trap Hole---
Radiant Mirror Force---
Ultimate Offering---
Draining Shield----

Patriarch

Beautiful Foxy.

Alright, we're making our decision TONIGHT! Stay tuned for the lucky 6 winners!

yasarra

Quote from: Thorn14 on January 21, 2011, 06:23:15 PM
I have class Monday/Wednesday  11-2 AM EST, Tuesday 5-11 PM, and 1-11 PM Thursdays.

I'm free normally though for the rest of the week.

So, basically Friday through Sunday, then?  Or are those just the times you aren't available on those days?

Laughing Hyena

Well you know I can post nearly every single night multiple times so duels go by relatively fast for me.

Patriarch

Well... It's been a long hard few days. And, finally, the results have come in.

We gave up.

We just couldn't narrow it down to 6 players - so we're going with 7. They are...

Yasarra!

Shadowfox!

Gensokian!

Whitedusk!

Flashy!

Thorn 14!

And...

Laughing Hyena!

Enjoy the spoils ye who triumph. All else, lose not all hope - for there may well be more characters added later, if a success is found.

Bloody Rose

Laughing Hyena

Sweet. And no doubt there will be success found so hope shall not be lost.

yasarra

Name: Fianna
Species: Avariel
Appearance:

Reality: Kaniran is a series of interconnected planes where magic is fueled by one’s spirit.  She hails from the world Delectatia, the Infinite Pleasure.  Here, everything is all about pleasure, innocent and adult, joy, and just being happy, in general.  It is a hard place to reach from the outside, but once it’s reached, one can stay as long as they like.

Personality:
Fianna is a young avariel, a bit mischievous, but playfully so, not maliciously.    Life for her has been pretty peaceful, and her whole outlook on life is…life is short, do what feels right.  Dueling is for enjoyment.  Hell, pretty much everything should be as far as she’s concerned.  “Life is what you make it, so let’s have a party!”

Coming from a world without conflict or illness, the girl has no idea what lies beyond.  If she knew, perhaps, she’d find something worth fighting for.

Backstory:

Fianna grew up in Delectatia, happy, safe and mischievous, a fun-loving girl who learned to control her kani (magical energy) in ways that made life more enjoyable.  The floor could be swept with a tiny, swirling whirlwind, the dishes washed with a little water manipulation, papers could crumple and bounce themselves into the trash, and so on.  So, even household chores were fun.

Her family has traveled the world, meeting people of different cultures, exchanging ideas, joining in parties, and sometimes starting them.  At 17 and a half, she experienced the party of a lifetime.  The Coming of Age parties in Delectatia celebrated a child becoming an adult.  In effect, it was a wild orgy, one that lasted for days and usually ended with the guest of honor visiting a healer to regain his or her mental capacity.

She decided, once she’d recovered from her coming of age party, to become a duelist.  Dueling in Delectia, you see, is for entertainment purposes, and it’s a general rule that you be a good sport when dueling.  And so, she traveled, dueling for the entertainment of others, thrilling in the challenges and the bets made.  Win or lose, she has never regretted a single duel or match, because the wager was always enjoyable either way.

Duel Spirit (1 only):  Blackwing – Ghibli, the Searing Wind

Decklists:
Frostbite
Monsters 15
2 General Grunard of the Ice Barrier
2 Dance Princess of the Ice Barrier
2 Samurai of the Ice Barrier
2 Blizzed, Defender of the Ice Barrier
1 Dewdark of the Ice Barrier
1 Geomancer of the Ice Barrier
1 Cryomancer of the Ice Barrier
1 Dai-sojo of the Ice Barrier
1 General Raiho of the Ice Barrier
1 Caravan of the Ice Barrier
1 Mobius the Frost Monarch

Spells 15
2 Magic Triangle of the Ice Barrier
2 Medallion of the Ice Barrier
2 Trade In
2 Book of Moon
1 Mirror of the Ice Barrier
1 Gravekeeper’s Servant
1 Soul Absorption
1 Creature Swap
1 Poison of the Old Man
1 Spell of Pain
1 United We Stand

Traps 10
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Seven Tools of the Bandit
1 Bad Reaction to Simochi
1 Covering Fire
1 Dark Coffin
1 Widespread Ruin
1 Sakuretsu Armor
1 Swallow Flip

Deck #2
Royal Garden - Synchro
Monsters 20
2 Caius the Shadow Monarch
1 Mobius the Frost Monarch
1 Botanical Lion
2 Cyber Dragon
2 Dandylion
2 Debris Dragon
2 Lonefire Blossom
2 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
1 Rafflesia Seduction
1 Spore
2 Super Nimble Mega Hamster
1 Tytannial, Princess of Camellias
1 Lord Poison

Spells 13
2 Book of Moon
1 Wall of Thorns
1 Soul Exchange
1 Nightmare Wheel
1 The World Tree
1 Monster Reincarnation
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Pot of Avarice
1 D.D.R. – Different Dimension Reincarnation
1 Mark of the Rose

Traps 7
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Starlight Road
1 Seven Tools of the Bandit
1 Waboku
1 Lightning Vortex

Extra Deck 13
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Armory Arm
2 Black Rose Dragon
2 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
1 Colossal Fighter
1 Iron Chain Dragon
1 Red Dragon Archfiend
2 Scrap Dragon
2 Stardust Dragon

Deck #3 (partial, missing cards in parentheses)
Blackwings Circling Overhead
Monsters 19
(1 Dark Armed Dragon)
2 Blackwing – Sirocco the Dawn
2 Blackwing – Bora the Spear
2 Blackwing – Shura the Blue Flame
1 Blackwing – Etesian of Two Swords
2 Blackwing – Kalut the Moonshadow
1 Blast Sphere
2 Blackwing – Blizzard of the North
(1 Blackwing – Gale the Whirlwind)
1 Blackwing - Vayu the Emblem of Honor
1 Blackwing – Breeze the Zephyr
(1 Sangan)
2 Mystic Tomato

Spells 12
(1 Black Whirlwind)
2 Pot of Duality
2 Cards for Black Feathers
(1 Allure of Darkness)
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
(1 Monster Reborn)
(1 Dark Hole)
2 Book of Moon

Traps 9
2 Icarus Attack
2 Delta Crow – Anti Reverse
2 Solemn Warning
(1 Solemn Judgment)
(1 Torrential Tribute)
(1 Royal Oppression)

Thorn14

Patriarch

Flash Gorden

yasarra

My dear gentlefolk...I have an announcement to make.  Due to a would-be player's tremendous enthusiasm and the fact that I'd like to see the players in even numbers...  Please welcome the following writer to our happy little group.

Zarazel

I hope you all enjoy this game as much as the GMs and mods have enjoyed crafting it.

Yasarra

Bloody Rose

yayyy ^^ Dances around the room and kisses Yasa "thank youuuu"

Here is she:

Name: Mikoto Mishida
Species:  Human
Appearance: http://static.desktopnexus.com/thumbnails/434491-bigthumbnail.jpg
Reality:  She comes from the world of Domino city, divided into two sectors, Domino city where all the rich people come from, and Satellite where all the poor people live in. She was born and raised in Satellite where she had to find her cards in the dumpster in order to make a decent deck. Most people in satellite do that and they are known as the best duelist around because of the fact that they can make great decks with cards in the dumpster.

Personality: Quiet and to herself, she thinks of herself first, second and third. Her life brought her nothing but misery and in her heart people who are weak does not deserve to have a duel deck in their hands. She is the type of person who would beat the crap out of anybody in Duel Monsters and then leave them on the floor crying without even saying ‘good try’. In her world the weak perish and the strong always survive, that is the way of life and that is the way she always do things. She is not a very social woman, the only people who she consider friends are those who prove themselves to her by defeating her , and that is not a easy task.

Backstory: She was born in satellite, her childhood brought nothing but pain and agony to her life. Being the daughter of a man who often drank himself to unconsciousness left nothing for her to admire, nothing for her to strive to be.  She often spend her time walking the streets of satellite alone and with nothing to do, looking for food in the dumpster because of her father was not man enough to give her some food. No one has even shown love to her and she grew up with the thought in mind that nobody wanted her, nobody wanted to be her friend. In fact she was scaring all the kids her age away with her attitude but she was too hard headed to even realize that. One day she found out that her father died out of a overdose of drugs, thing that left her alone and a orphan like many other children in satellite.

It was then when she found the one piece of plastic that would change her life for good. A old wrinked up card, ‘Gran Mayu Da Eiza’. The piece of plastic was all torn up and apparently bitten by a dog or some animal. Not really knowing what was the card she walked around the reminder of the day until she saw a commotion in a street. Apparently a two men were dueling, one being a kid her age while the other was a boy a couple of years older. They summoned what appeared to be monsters, they looked so real she could not even believe a thing like that existed.  She saw the apparatus on his hand and on it was a card just like the torn up card she found. The next few weeks were spent looking for cards in the dumpster, one by one she found every card for her deck, one by one her deck was almost completed. Now the only thing she needed to do was try it. Little by little she dueled a lot with a lot of different kids, learning the strategy of the game and trying her best to come up with different strategies for her deck as well.

Walking around she saw a demonstration of duel monsters by two man, one wearing a blue coat while the other wore white, she recognized one of them as being the best duelist in Domino city. She was truly inspired by them and decided to challenge the king to a duel.  The man watching how she was beaten up accepted the challenge and  they dueled right away. From the time she put on the duel disk that belonged to the guy in the blue jacket she was entranced, she knew she found something worth following and fighting for. The duel was amazing but at the end she was defeated by the man barely taking out 2,000 life points. The man was truly surprised and decided to take the girl and teach her about duel monsters. The man was surprised and gave her some money for food and enough for her to make her own life, in his mind she could become a very powerful duelist. She saw this opportunity as a new part of her life, she was defeated without much fight wich meant she was weak. But as the man said ‘You will become strong, and defeat all those who think otherwise don’t give up’.
Decklists :
Monsters:
Banisher of Light x2
Banisher of Radiance x2
Gren Mayo Da Iza x2
D.D. Warrior Lady x2
Golden Homunculus x2
Jinzo x2
D.D.M. Different Dimension Master x2
Needle Worm x2
D.D. Survivor x2

Spell Cards:
Dimensional Fissure x2
Soul Release x2
Soul Absorption  x2
Gold Sarcophagus x2
Chaos end x2
Different Dimension Reincarnation x2

Traps:
Macro Cosmos x2
Dimensional Prison x2
Karma Cut x2
Magic Cylinder x2
D.D. Dynamite x2

Patriarch

*laughs* Glad to have you Zarazel. Post your revised character for the world to see. It's quite good.

Now then, the game is beginning even as I type. Yasarra, my courteous and popular co-gm, is putting the administrative threads together. OOC, Upgrade Shop, Rules Thread, all that jazz. Meanwhile, here I am - handling the story.

As mentioned before, Duels 2 is structured unlike any yugioh game you've seen before. Duels 2 is the story of you, giving you, the player, unprecedented power to shape the events of your personal storyline as well as that of the world at large.

And it begins here. With the very first post.

There will be no massive chamber hall to begin the game, no arching dome that players congregate in, making feeble introductions. No, Duels 2 begins with your own story - personal and individual - the story of you meeting your duel spirit... Known as your Vanguard.

Pay close attention.

Your very first post in Duels 2 will be the start of your own, unique thread. Here you will detail the event of your abduction, being swept up into a howl of light and sound before blackness claims you... And you awake.

Where do you awake?

Wherever you want.

In truth, you are in the Shifting Castle at the Center of Things - but the Shifting Castle is infinitely large, infinitely fluid... And mirrors its inhabitants unconscious desires, fears, needs and anxieties. It is the closest thing to a dream sequence that can be experienced in the waking world. People may suddenly fly, walls may melt into a wave of water and crash down into the scene. Stone may turn to monsters of living hatred... Or the lustiest visions imaginable may spring forth. Anything you can imagine can happen to your player here. Just make it damn exciting and something you think is well worth the write. *smiles*

The purpose of this starting thread is to introduce you to your Vanguard, your duel spirit. You will meet them during this trial. Perhaps right away. Perhaps you have to journey to them. It is your choice. And whether your meeting is cordial and friendly, a vicious struggle or a mad burst of lust is entirely up to you. But by the end, you and your duel spirit will have bonded... One way or another. And the duel spirit's identity is also entirely up to you. Then, when it's over, you'll have gained 2 favor crests... Special RP treasure that can earn you favors form the goddess and be wagered against other players... Though they cannot unlock new cards or abilities themselves. They're for RP use only, not building your deck. However, that doesn't make them less valuable. Having a goddess' favor is nothing to laugh at. *winks*

As for who will play the other side of this encounter with your duel spirit? Why, another player of course! Match up in pairs and agree to write the other player's duel spirit for this encounter, as well as the environment. The player whose vision it is, naturally, has final say of what happens in the vision - the player NPCing the spirit and environment will thus need to communicate with the player, just as in any other pair RP.

You have the idea. So start brainstorming... And start pairing up.

Any questions?

Bloody Rose

It is the closest thing to a dream sequence that can be experienced in the waking world. People may suddenly fly, walls may melt into a wave of water and crash down into the scene. Stone may turn to monsters of living hatred... Or the lustiest visions imaginable may spring forth. Anything you can imagine can happen to your player here. Just make it damn exciting and something you think is well worth the write. *smiles*

Did not quite understood that part, who will be doing the rp of all those things happening? ourselves like a story or another player helping us? I know the duel spirit is with another player but all the other stuff like the journey or whatnot is ourself writing like a novel?

yasarra

Here we have an initial set of threads.  Stairc and I will post the rules in tomorrow.  Please, if you make your own thread for this game, begin the Subject with Duels 2:

So, if Fianna were to make a thread for her private chamber, it might look like:

Duels 2: Fianna's Room

And please send me a link via PM so we can add it to the growing list of links. This is to make navigation simple.

Thanks!

Duels 2: The OOC
Duels 2: The OTT
Duels 2: The Rules
Duels 2: Character Sheets
Duels 2: The Little Card Shop

Patriarch

Yasarra speaks correctly.

Just as if you were doing a solo thread RP, a story with just you and one other player, so it is here. However, we'll weave these threads together into a common group game and after this first part is over, you'll have ample opportunity to interract with other players. It is only the first quest you must undertake alone.

Thorn14

So we find another player, and tell them about how we want that spirit, and they play them? Am I correct?

Sorry, a bit confused about this part.

Can you elaborate on the Vanguard?

Patriarch

Precisely Thorn. Precisely. And to clarify, the Vanguard IS your duel spirit. It's just what they're role is - a title. A duel spirit is what they are, a vanguard is what they do. Duel Spirit is like a race, Vanguard is like a class. Like a human wizard or elven knight.

yasarra

Precisely.  And, my suggestion is to decide how you want your Vanguard (Duel Spirit, essentially) to be, personality-wise.  Make your request (and give your description of your Vanguard) in the OOC and go from there.

Patriarch

Excellent suggestion, my lovely co-gm. *he pulls her into a smoldering kiss*

Thorn14

So once we meet them, how will they be of use in our RP? Are they being representatives for us? Dueling on our behalf? Partners? I dont quite understand what their role is in all of this. Are they natural spirits to the world, or aspects of our self?

Sorry for all the questions, If I'm going to do this right, I wanna know the details.

yasarra

*smiles* Good questions, and I'll be happy to answer them for you.

Your Vanguard is a companion and more.  In time, you will be able to gain them augmentations that can help you in the game.  They do not represent you or duel for you.  They kind of act as a guide, a conscience without the annoying Jiminy Cricket voice.  They are the spirits of cards, usually one in your deck, but possibly just one in your possession. 

A lot of this is up to you, though.  Will you get along with your Vanguard from the start?  Are they like a twin or that uncanny friend capable of finishing your sentences?  Are they the counterbalance to your personality, keeping you firmly grounded in reality or reminding you to dare to dream? 

We decided when we made Duels 2 that we wanted to give the player a degree of autonomy, self-rule as it were.  Have fun deciding for yourself and allowing another to interpret it.

Thorn14

I see, so that means our RPs will probably have more than 2 people in it.

I'll have to think about who I'll ask.

I'll probably ask Hyena, since I know im the most, but otherwise I dont know anyone else.

Thanks for the answer. I'm going to bed.

Patriarch

You don't have to have your spirit present all the time, and you can change people later if you like - or RP them yourself at times, or all the time. It's entirely up to you. For this part though, you will have to have someone NPC them, as they're the other party in this part of the story. More exciting if someone else NPCs them for the meeting, at the very least.

Thorn14

True.

Meeting your own spirit and talking about the story with an NPC seems awfully masturbatory.

If you pardon the pun.

Patriarch

Flash Gorden

The whole vanguard idea sounds very, very interesting. I'm totally going to have to think hard on that.

But, as of right now, I don't really know anyone in this topic. Anyone care to help out a poor new-person?

Bloody Rose

Laughing Hyena

Well I am called Hyena or "Pain in the Ass" as Stairc might dub me. In either case I'm more of the type to try out new strageties with a deck and I kind of know a lot about the card game itself as far as the numbers of cards in my head. Not always the best when it comes to tactics and overall planning of a deck but I do my best.

I also am a fan of the animated series (subbed version) particularly the Dark Signer series of 5ds. It's a lot more darker then the typical fair and I care a lot more about the characters as well, despite how horribly impractical Turbo Duels are.

TheWhiteEmperor

-Strolls in all smooth-like.- Hm, I've been monitoring this for the past.. twenty minutes, reading up and such. But sadly I believe I was too late to the party, then again.. The worst you can say is 'no', so.. Are you still accepting new members?
Abscences and Apologies || On's and Off's

I will be gone for an indeterminate amount of time. Sorry for the inconvenience. Love you all, you will be missed. 7/9/16

Patriarch

Sorry Emperor, we've already admitted two more people than we originally intended *laughs*. We might well open more slots in the future, but for now - we're swamped.

TheWhiteEmperor

That is quite alright. Just thought it was worth a shot. -Bows.- Adieu, good sir. ;P
Abscences and Apologies || On's and Off's

I will be gone for an indeterminate amount of time. Sorry for the inconvenience. Love you all, you will be missed. 7/9/16

Thorn14

Can you or your co GM friend do the role of the Vanguard? or do you want another player?

Patriarch

I know Yasarra is going to be a vanguard for Genso - since she's also a player - but I'm staying back for now. We really want this to emphasize the player's creation of their own stories, not a GM's. You'll be doing it a lot later, setting up your own duels and quests and approaches to events.

However, if need be, we can match up any people who haven't paired yet. But probably a good idea to give you a chance to find someone you like best first. ;)

Thorn14

Alright. I PM'd hyena but I guess I caught him while he was leaving haha.

I do need to think of a good vanguard though. I figured someone with a polarizing personality might be fun.

Are they aspects of the self? Or third parties? Or is that our choice?

Patriarch

They're third parties, but they can be just like an aspect of yourself if you like. Otherwise they might be separate individuals you don't get along with at all... Or anything inbetween *smiles*

Bloody Rose

can it be another spirit in like yugi/yami? I think I have a idea for mine if what I asked is possible

Patriarch

I don't see why not. Ultimate character customization is the name of the game.

Thorn14

Stairc? I need elaboration.

Will the other player be playing your duel spirit for the rest of the campaign or RPs? Or just for the introduction.

Patriarch

For the introduction. After that, you can handle it as you like - rping the spirit yourself, or having another player (perhaps the same player) continue the role.

Thorn14

Alright, sorry for pestering. It seems Hyena wont be able to do the RP with me do to some preference issues (nothing major) so I'm gonna need another player, although, he brought it to my attention that duel spirits had to be a duel monster from a CARD or something, right? Now i'm not too sure how that will work, especially if it has to be from my deck.

Patriarch

The spirit can be a card - but doesn't have to be. However, I recommend it is. Nice to have that reference.

As for what duel spirits are - here's a good article on that.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Duel_Monster_Spirits

Thorn14

Alright, I just worry because the cards my character is gonna have will be similar to her, and I was hoping for a somewhat contrasting type. Hrm...I'll have to sleep on it.

FYI: The samurai in the deck are going to be roleplayed by demon huntresses similar to what my character is and grew up with, since its practically a major aspect of her (and in case any adult fun should befall them heh)

Patriarch

Nice *smiles*. And your duel spirit doesn't HAVE to be a card in your deck.

Thorn14

Oh? So maybe just one that happens to be drawn to them? That opens up more ideas.

If you aren't too busy, do you think you could PM me a few ideas for cards that would make a fun contrast? You know alot more than I do.

Gensokian

Alright, Thorny-Thorn-Thornson, I'll be the one helping you out, to save Stairc some time and pain. Just letting you know when it's I you get the PM from. ^^

Patriarch

Thanks Genso, and btw Thorn - don't hesitate to ask questions. Genso volunteered to help out here, and he's really good at this. You weren't bothering me at all. *smiles*

Patriarch

Okay!

Since no one, yes, NO ONE, has yet stepped up to start their story - your GMs have got the message. You're shy. It's okay, it happens. *winks* For all your enthusiasm, it's clear you'd prefer a more traditional start  before your stories start becoming personalized.

So, we're forming one.

Two threads are being created as I type by Yasarra - my lovely partner in crime. You will wake up in one of those two threads. In the first will be...

Thorn
The White Dusk
Flash
Hyena

In the second will be...

Zarazel
Genso
Yasarra
Shadowfox

Yes, Yasarra is playing a character too - for those of you who weren't aware. *smiles*

The links will be posted once they're ready. Let's make this happen, shall we?

-Stairc

ZameRagues

Hello there

I know that you are not accepting new players, but I enjoy the game and am interested in the rp.
so if either a spot opens up or you begin accepting new duelists.
I am interested in joining, so if a spot does appear let me know please.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues#8888
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Bloody Rose

You can have mine, I don't think I can keep going in this rp I really don't have that much time left. Sorry people.