News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

What are you watching right now?

Started by Inkidu, November 12, 2008, 08:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eikichi

PMs are open for all role play inquiries.

Knightshadow

Superman v. Batman: Dawn of Justice 
Guilty, because I should be working!
My song for Piper:
"In this part of the story I am the one who
Dies, the only one, and I will die of love because I love you,
Because I love you, Love, in fire and blood."

Pablo Neruda

Jacopo

Obsessively pouring through the Critical Role archives. I'm on episode 19 and loving every bloody moment.

Irisa

Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries.   

Caedy

Little Monsters because nostalgia <3
No New Games At This Time
A/A updated Important: 6/2/17
Caedy's Pretty Things (SFW&NSFW)
Blog: My Bullet Journal Journey
Word of the Day
~...still like air, I'll Rise...~ Maya Angelou

Assassini

Episode 10 of Season 6 of Game of Thrones.

I assume I still have to be careful with spoilers...

But OH MY FUCKING GOD. I came buckets. Numerous times.

Legit absolutely spent right now. I'm dictating this post from a pleasure-induced coma.

Fucking... YAaaaaas.

DemonessOfDeathValley

Seinfeld. Still hilarious even after all these years.

~Approximate response time - 1-7 days plus ~ Muse cooperative~

Nico

Sherlock (BBC Series) - The Hounds of Baskerville

WyldRanger

Quote from: Nicholas on July 25, 2016, 02:18:59 PM
Sherlock (BBC Series) - The Hounds of Baskerville

That series is bloody brilliant!

Knightshadow

My song for Piper:
"In this part of the story I am the one who
Dies, the only one, and I will die of love because I love you,
Because I love you, Love, in fire and blood."

Pablo Neruda

SapphireStar

How to Steal a Million with Audrey Hepburn and Peter O' Toole  ;D

cinza

Rick and Morty on Hulu.
I'M TINY RICK.

Seduce my mind and you can have my body.
Find my soul and I'm yours forever.

Hannelore Stormbane

A documentary series about New Zealand.

AmberStarfire

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Bliss

O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

DemonessOfDeathValley

Hannelore Stormbane

Assassini

Watched Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice the other day and I feel I have to voice my thoughts somewhere.

So, first off, I feel like it got a lot more hate than was needed. Admittedly, I think it deserved a lot of the criticism, but I also think it was just absolutely destroyed by critics when I think some parts of it were honestly pretty cool.

In my mind, I think there was actually genuinely a decent film in there somewhere. For one thing, the cast was incredible. I didn't think I'd like Ben Affleck after how awesome Christian Bale was, but frankly he made an incredible Batman. He was huge, imposing and powerful while also seeming smart and calculated, everything Batman should be.
Major film spoiler
I mean, he BEAT Superman, which was fucking perfect actually, I think he fit the role exactly. I would actually love to see more of Batfleck.
Equally Henry Cavill is a fantastic Superman. I feel like he got let down by Man of Steel rather than the other way around. Gal Gadot was awesome as Wonderwoman. I mean I know nothing about the character and I'm still pretty excited to see her film. And Jesse Eisenberg made a pretty fucking good Lex Luthor (in my mind at least).

I thought the action was awesome and I thought some aspects of the story were pretty cool. For example I thought it was quite cool seeing Batman as being so world-weary, after so many years of fighting crime. It made a real difference compared to the standard Batman Origin story that constantly happens.

Of course, I thought a LOT of the film was absolute trash, hence the bad reviews.

Spoilers
The unquestionably worst part for me was actually watching Batman kill people. That tore me so far out of the film. EVERYONE knows that Batman doesn't kill people. I get changing the character and making a new and darker Universe, but you can't change something quite so fundamental about a character. I think it actually made sense for Superman to kill Zod in Man of Steel, but watching Batman mow down bad-guys with guns was just fucking awful for me.

The other terrible aspects were the sheer amount of weird dream sequences, most of which were absolutely unnecessary and/or overly long. And the ridiculously contrived reason that Batman ends up fighting Supes. I mean, it's been said a hundred times but is still entirely relevant: they COULD have literally solved all their differences by having a 1 minute conversation, which kind of spoils the entirety of the awesome fight. Luthor's decision to wake up the demon was fucking retarded by any stretch of imagination. Some people have complained that Lois Lane was a bit of a damsel in distress, but lets fucking face it, that's what she IS. She's not exactly going to be any use in a fight between fucking Batman, Superman and a Kryptonian Demon Thingymajig. A final issue was that the film was just TOO DAMNED LONG. I think I actually accidentally streamed an Extended version of the film and that came to fucking THREE HOURS and there just was not enough content for three hours of film.

In the end, my analysis comes down to: the casting is actually fabulous (I mean, even Jeremy Irons as Alfred was awesome) and the acting was great but they were let down by a meandering and frankly ridiculous film. Which is a REAL shame. I had so much hope for this film originally, that it would divert some attention away from Marvel and their Universe.

I really hope Justice League is better.

Mimetisme

♦ A&A/Post Tracker Updated 03-19-2020 (1 of 9 posts owed)
♦ O/O STILL Under massive reconstruction
POSTING RATE: A few hours - 72 Hours, excluding weekends.
(I vanish Friday nights & return Monday at some point, generally)

☙≈ Ons & Offs
☙≈ A&A, Chat & Post Tracker

Irisa

AmberStarfire

I watched some Jessica Jones earlier and I watched Star Trek: DS9 with Wyld just a short time ago.

The Lioness

Quote from: Irisa on July 22, 2016, 07:26:17 PM
Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries.   

Love that show!

Quote from: cinza on July 27, 2016, 07:35:59 AM
Rick and Morty on Hulu.
I'M TINY RICK.

Hahaha! +1
♥ Poems ♥ Story Ideas ( Updated 3/20/24) ♥ Ons/Offs ♥ F-List♥ A/A (Updated 1/23/2024)♥ Art ♥ My Kingdom ♥

♥Posts owed: 1/1 ♥ Posts completed: 0/1 ♥ Pending: 0 ♥
♥Status: Open ♥

AndNich123

The Lioness

♥ Poems ♥ Story Ideas ( Updated 3/20/24) ♥ Ons/Offs ♥ F-List♥ A/A (Updated 1/23/2024)♥ Art ♥ My Kingdom ♥

♥Posts owed: 1/1 ♥ Posts completed: 0/1 ♥ Pending: 0 ♥
♥Status: Open ♥

DemonessOfDeathValley

Monster High Friday Night Frights.

I'm such a fan girl for Monster High. :)