News:

Main Menu

Fable2

Started by Primarch, October 28, 2008, 05:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

Who's got it? What did you think? Were you good or evil? Corrupt or Pure? Got any kids?

Inkidu

Is it a whole damn game this time? Please say yes. I was so disappointed by the first and I got the extended edition for PC. *Begs*
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Primarch

Yeah its a full game, if you can understand that the main storyline isn't the main point of the game at all, that's just a side quest to developing a family, local economy, real estate, developing your character etc etc

Inkidu

Quote from: Primarch on October 29, 2008, 07:30:54 PM
Yeah its a full game, if you can understand that the main storyline isn't the main point of the game at all, that's just a side quest to developing a family, local economy, real estate, developing your character etc etc
Awesome Possum!
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Primarch

having gone through the game twice now, I find its surprisingly short if you try to just plow through the main story. Very short indeed.

Inkidu

Key phrase being, "Just plow through the main story." the problem with Fable was even with the side quests it was still extremely short. Even Mass Effect is short if you plow through the main story.

ZK

Beat it in nearly fifty hours, then again, I done all the quest available at the time (minus the repeatable ones, done those at least five times). Was decent, but the game feels like Halo 3. Rough and straight to the point when it comes to storytelling.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Inkidu

I actually had to watch my brother play Fable 2 and actually dig this up to get this joke.

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/

Inkidu

I found it adequate. Not game of the year material but it's probably worth full price to most people. I keep playing it over and over.

magnamos

Actually I think it's still fun to wander the lands and just blow up people with your full build up Will-Powers. At least I do. I kinda lost interest in the main storyline since places got ruined already because of events I can't influence.

That's the only drawback. It sure has potential like Black and White but it's kinda half-assed elaborated. I really love the game but I think I wouldn't even turn off my XBox anymore when they would improve a few things.

1. Change cities with your actions:
If you rent houses in the old town for example with high prices, it will slowly turn into a social higher society. If you're an evil character these people will surly be criminal masterminds or mobsters. If you're good these people will be honorable aristocrats.

2. More 'unique' families:
I really loved the Grave Digger Frankenstein's Bride Quest whatever. This was fun to do. I just think there should be much more Quests like these so all ruthless people can have a harem of married Characters to show off x)

3. Reconstruction and establishment of power when owning the Temple of Shadows/Light:
I was kinda disapointed when I learned that I bought a whole freaking dungeon with my own cult but can't do shit with it (Hey I can sacrifice people for a coin. I'm really broke with my 25k income every 5 Minutes. I need that <_<) I want to rebuild that dungeon. I want to fix the walls, buy new torture mashines and staff that can run them. There is something like a council (the room with the three desks and one reaching above the others). I want a throne room with an evil looking throne for me, the shadowfiend, to sit in and look awesome while my loyal servants write unnecessary informations down in these books.

4. The future of Fable 2:
Most people probably heared already of the Armor upgrade. Yes we will get Armor and a new campaign quiet soon. Why the hell do we need Armor? New clothes? YES! Armor? Hell no!

Inkidu

Well if they keep with the motif then armor would be useless the armor would never stop a bullet. I can't tell if they're using musket balls or miniballs though.