Started by ManyMindsManyVoices, October 17, 2012, 04:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pentagious666

ignore this post was spoiler ppbbbbt
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Pentagious, I didn't forget, that's a spoiler, so I'm avoiding discussing it."

EDIT: "Okay, I was busy before and skimmed the profile, so let me address it anew. I like the profile, it's interesting. We will need to discuss the past indiscretions with Atlas at least privately (it's gotta fit the story). Also, I'd like to suggest a few different images, particularly to give a more Borderlands-y feel to the character. I, by no means, wish to insist you change the character's image, but look through my suggestions and see what you think."

Axton Picture with no Background Turret or Awkward Cropping

Armors

My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

Pentagious666

the reason I went space marine is the armor is meant to look bulky and powerful.it also has Crimson Lance written all over it.  Replace the crosses with Lance Pennants and it would basically be the heaviest Lance armor you've ever seen.  I will take the axton pic though.

UPDATE: have the new axton pic installed but my suggestion before still stands look mostly at the face and arms.  If I was any good at photo manipulation I would totally edit in the crimson lance emblem because it would look bad ass.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Cold Heritage

I agree with Ryuka that Warhammer 40,000 images are a poor fit for the aesthetic of Borderlands.

I'm also kind of leery of someone playing around in a suit of armour that's like twelve feet tall.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"The Space Marine armor isn't terrible, I can appreciate it, it's just a little... too much. At least in that image."

"How about this one?"

"It even kinda fits him as a character."

Cold Heritage

So the armour's going to be person-sized, and not like one of the Devastator suits you Knoxx and other Lancer soldiers kicking around in?

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Yeah, no gigantic ridiculous armor."

"Anyway, I'm working on the character sheet now, I'm just trying to finish up my character so there's an example as well."

Geeklet

Well, if you are THAT worried about armor, pack a corrosive weapon just in case. *wink*

And I've got the idea for my character pretty much done, just waiting for the official sheet before anything goes up.

Cold Heritage

I guess my mind just jumped to the Devastator suits when Pent said he was going for the heaviest armour the Lance would have at their disposal. Looks like it was unfounded.  ;D

ManyMindsManyVoices

>.< "I just accidentally killed some of my work on the Character sheet. Luckily, most of the time I was taking was on the concept, so I didn't lose too much, I'm going to go ahead and post some stuff for it, sorry for the wait."

2x EDIT Combo: "Sheet is up, and now so is Dri."

"Also, I'm thinking about how to manage a 'Wealth' system or something. This will allow people to use the 'New U' (so people can die horribly with minor repercussions), and maybe splurge on a special gun for Marcus. Not really sure what I want to do with it, but the idea's out there."

Cold Heritage

I hope at some point we get Class Mods. Those're something I enjoyed a fair bit in the games, and I think it could be fun here too.

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: Cold Heritage on October 22, 2012, 12:00:23 AM
I hope at some point we get Class Mods. Those're something I enjoyed a fair bit in the games, and I think it could be fun here too.

"I can't think of a way to use them that wouldn't require making up some kind of special system for them. I don't want to suddenly turn this into a game of stats. If you have a really good idea that keeps them relatively simple, we can maybe work them out. I am, however, considering Artifacts, but making them extremely rare and highly potent plot items."

"Also, here's a few chainsword pics that aren't attached to a guy or have eagle embellishments and stuff. Notably, Latin's cool, Borderlands has a lot of references to Earth Culture (even outside of memes)."

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Pentagious666

The armor isn't meant to be ginormous just the heaviest of the lance TROOPS.  Nothing to impair him as a soldier (minus a little slower on the running) just enough to protect him grandly, and servos to make his shield strikes brutal.  But yeah i can go for the blood splattered pic link to character spot please.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: Pentagious666 on October 22, 2012, 01:58:15 AM
The armor isn't meant to be ginormous just the heaviest of the lance TROOPS.  Nothing to impair him as a soldier (minus a little slower on the running) just enough to protect him grandly, and servos to make his shield strikes brutal.  But yeah i can go for the blood splattered pic link to character spot please.

"Character spot? The sheet? It's in the third post of this thread, and the OOC/Character sheet thread is linked from there as well. Again, remember, do not post your sheet there. Post it here."

Pentagious666

Name: Cmdr Victor Cain  Tagline: "The used to call me Cain the Pain."
Appearance/Description:
Array Shield
Cmdr Victor Cain
Digistruct Armor

Durability: High, when he first joined Atlas he worked hard but was a bit of a trouble maker.  This resulted in his trainers beating him the other recruits beating him and ultimately training was slanted heavier in his direction.

Shield: Anshin Corporation high adaptability shield.  Uses it primarily to keep acid off of him but also to protect him out of his armor from the various elemental types.

Special Ability:
Digistruct Armor - Armor is applied made out of the finest material that Atlas has ever made.  Everything about this system is prototype.  It protects the user from most damage and enhances strength and stability.  (this would not be god mode just really good protection)  Lower grade weapons do minimal Damage.

Weapon Specializations: Pistols, Shotguns, Array Shield (melee)

Weapons:
His Array Shield

Atlas corporation 'Corporal Punishment' (pretty sure that's what it was called)
Magazine size: 12
It is Riotous and loud inaccurate face pounder if ever one existed.  He can only combine this and his shield as a single thing when in Armor is active.  It is a opalescent white shotgun that he won in an arm wrestling competition.

Tediore Pistol 'Thresher Wrangler'
Magazine size: 16
The pistol is pinpoint accurate and is used to aim for vital spots until it is decided he wants to reload at which point he throws the gun at the nearest enemy.  It is typical for him to use his shield in companion to this pistol to make up for the lack of damage.

Background:  Victor Cain was a member of the Atlas corporation's  Crimson Lance.  They stuck him on Pandora, a sort of punishment for disobeying orders. (it will come into light what this disobediance was.) He dwelled on this past deed and while he was the first Vanguard, I wielder of a shield and digistructed armor.  He took his armor and left.  His shield is actually deceptively heavy for the ease with which he moves it, it contains the digistructing array to instantly apply his armor.  So he left to go find his fortune free of the greed of others.  Atlas corporation holds it that he stole the digistruct shield and is still trying to get their prototype back.

Personality: Hiding sobs behind laughter and tears behind smiles.  He is good humored and charming to stay away from the past.

Sexual Interests/Boundaries: Heterosexual he tends to flirt with women when he has the chance to.  Not really sure if he wants a woman to be with or demand it of him.  Tends to avoid bondage though it isn't like it's needed with him.

completed sheet is up.  Also if anyone has skype and would find that to be an easier means of communication PM me
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Sankyuu. I'll look over it now."

EDIT: "What do you mean when you say 'combine his shot gun and shield'? Do you mean he wields them both at the same time?"

Pentagious666

Yes but the shotgun's kick is too strong for him to do it normally.  Normally it would be raise shotgun or use shield.  When in armor he can do both.  Servos in the arms allow him more strength.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Okay, that's makes sense. I'm thinking that either the suit should require a power source (which means it can't be used all the time) or it slows him down noticeably. That way there's a reason (other than comfort) for him not to wear it all the time. Given the former would be hard to manage, I think the latter (or something similar) would work best."

Pentagious666

I was thinking slow is fine.  He wouldn't be running.  Jump higher maybe, but not run.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Pentagious666

Also meant to ask what you thought of his hidden background....
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

AribethAmkiir

Pentagious666

just noticed your name, amkiir is that based off of amakiir (gem blossom)?
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

AribethAmkiir

Pentagious666

It's from 3.5 an elvish family name, it is Amakiir Kiir neaning gem and ama meaning blossom or flower.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on October 22, 2012, 03:57:59 AM
No, but it can be from here on.  :P

"Yeah, given Aribeth is the name of a major NPC in Neverwinter Nights, I figured that was the idea as well."