Pokemon: Path of Destiny; No Longer Seeking; Thank You!

Started by King Serperior, July 27, 2016, 07:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Serperior

Quote from: Wolfy on July 29, 2016, 01:03:30 PM
I'm trying to think of a good concept for a character for this game. @-@
Well, do your best with a concept.  There are six interested writers going for the last four spaces, so if your idea works out, it will likely be accepted.  However, I remember that you had lots of difficulty with posting in the last incarnation and I don't know if things have changed in that regard.  For this game, I can't have it held up for too long as the last incarnation screeched to a halt and killed the game.  So, if you are still interested, go on ahead and create a concept and build around there.  Just keep in mind what other characters the players are making.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Mr L

Quote from: King Serperior on July 29, 2016, 12:31:49 PM
Well, I actually have been called a Walking Pokedex before.....and still do by friends and family.  >.>

The Fiance-butt here calls me his personal pokedex all the time. :P

QuoteI don't think Ominous Wind has anything to do with a Pokemon's Psychic power.  After all, the Pokemon blows up a gust of wind imbued with spooky thoughts and feelings.  Even though Natu's wings aren't developed enough to fly, they could be used to send a gust of went like that.

I don't actually have a guideline like that in place as this is supposed to be more like the anime in a sense than the games, so there are no levels.  I like to think that the players would know if a move or a Pokemon's power is far too great for what it actually should be.  As long as everyone is reasonable and civil and remembers that not a single Pokemon (unless it is a Wobbufett, Magikarp, or worm Pokemon like Caterpie who know less than 8 moves) knows every single move Bulbapedia has listed at the beginning, then everything would be okay.

However, if a guideline is needed, most Pokemon in the anime rarely use more than 10 moves at most (usually less) and often have favorite moves to use.  If it helps, you can list those 10 in a spoiler tag when you write up your character's Pokemon.  So, taking the Natu for an example, you could list it knowing only these moves:

Peck, Psychic*, Ominous Wind, Teleport, and Quick Attack
*Natu's Psychic power is still underdeveloped, so the move fails more often than not or is very underwhelming.

But, like I said, you don't need to unless you really want to.  I generally trust that everyone won't add a more powerful move just to have it.

Fair enough, so just kind of going under the idea that obviously powerful moves are out for now, but anything else from the pokemon's level up pool of moves is fine? And since levels aren't a thing, I'm guessing Night Shade's (and other formerly level dependent moves) isn't going to be stuck dealing static damage?

QuoteYou know, BAMF is a genius!  I hadn't actually thought of that.  Let's take it like this though:  A trainer with latent psychic gifts can bond with one Psychic, Ghost, or Dark type Pokemon (exceptions include such Pokemon as Riolu and Lucario).  The first one is always the strongest bond, but if the trainer tries to bond with another of their Pokemon, they get diminishing returns.  So, if Litwick has the bond first, it will have the strongest bond.  Natu would be more difficult as it not only has underdeveloped Psychic power on it's own, but it would only be half as strong a bond as Litwick.  So, I guess each new bond with a Pokemon cuts the strength of it in half:

• First Bond - 100%
  • Second Bond - 50%
  • Third Bond - 25%
  • Fourth Bond - 12%
  • Fifth Bond - 6%
  • Sixth Bond - 3%

In this case, I would say that a psychic trainer can only ever bond with six Pokemon at most.  Exceptions to this rule of diminishing returns are for those exceptionally powerful trainers like Sabrina who was far more powerful than other psychic trainers when she was but a little girl and her power has only grown since then.

In this case, I think I'll use the fact that Natu is so weak psychicly, that even if it's the first eligible pokemon Aurora catches, that they won't be able to bond as easily, then Litwick comes along and boom, full bond. By the time Aurora and Co hit the new region, Natu would have the half bond.

QuoteI would say yes.  Some regions, like Kanto and Unova, are difficult for Pokemon not originally from that region to adapt to.  However, after a few years, some may very well find a place for them to live in.  In Litwick's case, it is only really found in the Celestial Tower in Unova.  This tower is basically the same thing as the Pokemon Tower in Lavender.  So, Litwick would thrive there!  So, yes, Litwick would be found there easily, though I would imagine they prefer the upper parts of the tower.

Okay, cool! That's something that's always kind of bugged me about introducing all the new pokemon over the years is whether they just existed off-screen, or if they're actually just being discovered. I know the anime makes the former the case, as someone in Unova freaks out over how incredibly rare Pikachu is in the region. Also, because I can't remember too well, I know the remains of the pokemon in the Lavender Town Tower were moved, but I can't remember where to? I am leaning towards Aurora being from Johto in Cherrygrove (can catch Staryu on a beach there), then goes to get Natu from the Ruins of Alph on an expedition or something. Maybe Litwick from the Burned Tower(?) as another expedition? Can't remember where the Pokemon Tower remains were moved to or it would be there.
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

King Serperior

Quote from: Mr L on July 29, 2016, 02:53:38 PM
The Fiance-butt here calls me his personal pokedex all the time. :P
Nothing wrong with being a personal Pokedex!  Someone has to!   XD

Fair enough, so just kind of going under the idea that obviously powerful moves are out for now, but anything else from the pokemon's level up pool of moves is fine? And since levels aren't a thing, I'm guessing Night Shade's (and other formerly level dependent moves) isn't going to be stuck dealing static damage?
For the most part, it's level-up movies and egg moves, but some Pokemon may know tutor moves or moves that would be 'TMs' (which we will merge with Tutor as TMs/HMs don't exist) if the Pokemon once observed another Pokemon use it.  As for moves like Night Shade and Sonicboom, I would say that 'static damage' moves are more for utility.  Like, Night Shade is something I can see a Pokemon influencing the shadows around it to make a scary illusion that the Pokemon is much bigger and stronger than it really is.

That said, sometimes very Powerful moves can be known early on.  For example, let's say your character had a Rhyhorn.  It could know Megahorn and Dragon Rush (level up and egg move respectively).  Both moves would make sense as Rhyhorn is a Pokemon that likes to charge objects blindly.  However, the two moves are not accurate, so the Pokemon would likely miss more times than not until it learns self-control.  As said before, as long as people don't go overboard and remember that the Pokemon the characters have are not super-powerful, then all things are good.

In this case, I think I'll use the fact that Natu is so weak psychicly, that even if it's the first eligible pokemon Aurora catches, that they won't be able to bond as easily, then Litwick comes along and boom, full bond. By the time Aurora and Co hit the new region, Natu would have the half bond.
That works.  When compared to most Psychic Pokemon, Natu's powers are minimal, so taking much, much longer to bond with is feasible.

Okay, cool! That's something that's always kind of bugged me about introducing all the new pokemon over the years is whether they just existed off-screen, or if they're actually just being discovered. I know the anime makes the former the case, as someone in Unova freaks out over how incredibly rare Pikachu is in the region. Also, because I can't remember too well, I know the remains of the pokemon in the Lavender Town Tower were moved, but I can't remember where to? I am leaning towards Aurora being from Johto in Cherrygrove (can catch Staryu on a beach there), then goes to get Natu from the Ruins of Alph on an expedition or something. Maybe Litwick from the Burned Tower(?) as another expedition? Can't remember where the Pokemon Tower remains were moved to or it would be there.
All of that works.  The Pokemon Tower, when it was converted to a Radio Tower, had all the Pokemon graves moved to the House of Memories which Mr. Fuji overlooks.  This House of Memories has become a reverse tower and goes deep underground as a catacombs underneath Lavender Town.  So, Ghost Pokemon like Gastly and Litwick could be found in the catacombs and around the House (only at night).

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Mr L

Quote from: King Serperior on July 29, 2016, 03:09:39 PM
Nothing wrong with being a personal Pokedex!  Someone has to!   XD
For the most part, it's level-up movies and egg moves, but some Pokemon may know tutor moves or moves that would be 'TMs' (which we will merge with Tutor as TMs/HMs don't exist) if the Pokemon once observed another Pokemon use it.  As for moves like Night Shade and Sonicboom, I would say that 'static damage' moves are more for utility.  Like, Night Shade is something I can see a Pokemon influencing the shadows around it to make a scary illusion that the Pokemon is much bigger and stronger than it really is.

That said, sometimes very Powerful moves can be known early on.  For example, let's say your character had a Rhyhorn.  It could know Megahorn and Dragon Rush (level up and egg move respectively).  Both moves would make sense as Rhyhorn is a Pokemon that likes to charge objects blindly.  However, the two moves are not accurate, so the Pokemon would likely miss more times than not until it learns self-control.  As said before, as long as people don't go overboard and remember that the Pokemon the characters have are not super-powerful, then all things are good.
That works.  When compared to most Psychic Pokemon, Natu's powers are minimal, so taking much, much longer to bond with is feasible.
All of that works.  The Pokemon Tower, when it was converted to a Radio Tower, had all the Pokemon graves moved to the House of Memories which Mr. Fuji overlooks.  This House of Memories has become a reverse tower and goes deep underground as a catacombs underneath Lavender Town.  So, Ghost Pokemon like Gastly and Litwick could be found in the catacombs and around the House (only at night).

Thank you for being so patient with me :P the more i can learn the system, the less likely i mess it up accidentally.

Just gotta figure out my character's actual personality...spent way too much time on pokemon and moves. I think i have a history for getting them at least, just need the stuff before it too.

King Serperior

Quote from: Mr L on July 29, 2016, 06:21:20 PM
Thank you for being so patient with me :P the more i can learn the system, the less likely i mess it up accidentally.
It's no problem at all!  If one doesn't ask, how will they know what the answer is?  I'm more than happy to help however I can.   :-)

Just gotta figure out my character's actual personality...spent way too much time on pokemon and moves. I think i have a history for getting them at least, just need the stuff before it too.
Not to worry about that.  Just get it worked out when you can.  The weekend looks to be hectic, but I'll be around for questions you or anyone else may have.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

Thank you, Shadowfox.  It is most appreciated.  Also, I recently figured out that trainer card thing and added it to Koga for flair.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Latooni Subota

That is explicitly the point: Even with miniaturization and stuff, she is absolutely overprepared, ala that big backpack Brock carried around in the anime. Sometimes you gotta learn things the hard way. :D
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Black Howling

Quote from: King Serperior on July 29, 2016, 12:31:49 PM
Alright, that sounds like a plan!  Do you think that your character will continue to focus on becoming a better battler as he faces his demons?  Or do you imagine him discovering himself and finding other areas of the Pokemon world that don't involve such?  I.E.  Being a Pokemon researcher, becoming a Pokemon Breeder, doing contests in the hopes of making it big, and many other things like that!

For starters, today got screwed. Still working on getting that sheet up, though, I'm about  quarter done.... embarrassingly. Sorry about that.

For seconds, I'm certain he will at first. I think he'll probably move down the breeder path, but as we seen with Brock, that's not mutually exclusive to not being being better at the battles. All said, I doubt he'll be even close to the team's best in that regard. He's shaping up to love Pokemon to a degree that breeder seems the best bet, though.

Mr L

Alright, here's Aurora! Added a chunk to keep track of what they can do as a psychic person, will adjust if anything needs to be.

Name: Aurora Flash
Trainer Class: Psychic Treasure Hunter.
Orientation: Bisexual
Home Region: Johto

Pokemon Team: | |

• Staryu (Polaris): Polaris is Aurora’s first pokemon that they caught on the beach in Cherrygrove City. Without a face to read, it can be difficult to figure out what the pokemon is thinking or feeling. It has difficulty sitting still, so it jumps and spins constantly. When acting alone in battle, it uses Rapid Spin to hurl itself at the target.
  • Natu (Watchett)♀: While on their journey to discover more of their powers, Aurora stopped by the Ruins of Alph, where the little bird popped from around a corner and they accidentally threw an empty pokeball trying to summon Polaris. The Natu was caught without a struggle. Aurora has a hard time connecting with Watchett, since she shows little emotion and has a habit of staring off into space. While her psychic power on the surface is weak, they’re starting to form a bond with her. She will walk alongside Aurora when given the chance, hopping enthusiastically when needing to move faster. She will furiously flap her wings to get enough momentum in battle.
  • Litwick (Flicker)♂: The third member of their team came to join in Lavender Town, in the catacombs of pokemon remains watched by Mr Fuji. Flicker is the most emotive member of the team, much to Aurora’s relief. The little candle has a mischievous side that caused problems for mourners. He started playing pranks on the team, causing Aurora to put their foot down to get it to stop pranking them. As far as he’s concerned, strangers are fair game for pranking.
Personality: While they completely trust their pokemon team, Aurora has issues trusting their fellow humans due to their history at home. Once one has earned their trust, however, they’re the most of the most loyal comrades a person could ask for. Their powers sometimes flare up unexpectedly or when excited, this only adds to their natural clumsiness.

Psychic Capabilities:

• Limited Telekinesis - Can lift objects within arm’s length of them that weigh less than five pounds. Enough to toss a pokeball, not good for much else.
  • Pokemon Bonds - They are capable of forming bonds with Psychic, Dark, and Ghost pokemon to see what it sees and hears. Can’t issue commands through the link yet. Bonded with: Litwick (Flicker) 100%, Natu (Watchett) 50%
Biography: They were born to a loving couple in Cherrygrove City where they stayed until seventeen. They started developing their psychic powers around ten, though they have no clear memory exactly of such a moment. Their father was uncomfortable with a child psychic in the house, though still did the best he could as a father to his kid. The father’s irritation grew when they got Polaris, as the pokemon was always out of its ball and hyper. One day, their dad got upset with Staryu hopping around the house and demanded that Aurora put it back in the ball. They tried but it kept dodging the ball’s beam, making him angrier. He tried grabbing the pokemon to hold it still, when it retaliated with Rapid Spin. He was simply knocked down, but that was the last straw. After Aurora finally managed to confine the pokemon, they were told to get rid of it. Refusing, they simply left to get stronger as a psychic trainer.

A few days before the accident, they were fishing on the beach in town, as they always did to relax, also playing with their first pokeball they bought, hoping to put it to good use soon. However, that night there came a strong tug. They pulled back as hard as possible and out popped a Rapid Spinning Staryu which nearly hit them in the head. As they dodged the starfish pokemon, the ball was levitated into the air by Aurora’s powers, launching itself. It hit the Staryu, catching it. They were so surprised and proud.

After being evicted, and notifying their mother of the journey, they first headed for the Ruins of Alph. They were looking to find something to expand their power, give better understanding of it, or maybe a nifty trinket no one had found yet. Surprise seemed to be a common theme for catching pokemon, as a Natu popped out from around a ruin corner, catching the rookie off guard. In the slight panic of dealing with a new pokemon so suddenly, they accidentally threw an empty ball instead of summoning Polaris, catching her with far less resistance. While Wathett is always staring at something at random, she seemed to favor the north, to Ecruteak.

They decided to head that way, to appease the Natu, finding there was sometimes where they could feel closer to the little bird, but not the starfish. Thinking little of it at the time, they decided to test themself against Morty, though to a spectacular failure. Morty recognized the budding bond between them and Watchett, and recommended visiting Mr Fuji in Lavender Town as someone to consult about the bond between pokemon and trainer.

After making the transit to the Kanto region and working their way to Lavender Town, they found the man in question and heard about continuing problems that grieving trainers were encountering while visiting their beloved pokemon in the catacombs. Working alongside Mr Fuji, Aurora volunteered to help investigate, discovering a wild Litwick was pranking the mourners. In a true pokemon battle, the Litwick was defeated by Polaris and captured successfully. Flicker hadn’t given up its mischievous ways, though Aurora eventually got it to calm down a bit as they headed back to Johto for an update for mom.

However, on the way, they heard a radio message about Tokai getting its own league open. They never heard of such a place before, and with it opening up to other regions, there might be a chance to learn and grow! They got home and discussed the prospect with mom, who then took them to the pokemart to get them additional supplies for the journey, though not too much, as dad was still upset with them, despite the weeks of absence. With a motherly smile, she saw her little one heading off to a new world to either of them.

They headed to Vermillion City in Kanto for their boat to leave. The rest? Well, going to have to see, huh?

Bag Contents: Sleeping bag, 10 Pokeballs, 6 Potions, 3 Revives, Pokemon food, a canister for water, some dried meats and fruits, a change of clothes, and a 20ft coil of rope.

Ons/Offs: Mr L’s Yays, Nays, and Mays!

BAMF

Name: Kathryn (Kate) Howitt, “Chelsea Summer”
Alias: Echo
Trainer Class:  Idol
Orientation: Bisexual
Home Region: Unova

Pokemon Team:
|

• Iggy (Jigglypuff ♂): Iggy was given to Kate before she was born and has been with her through everything. Her first word was “Iggy,” an attempt to say “Igglybuff,” that triggered the pokemon’s evolution. He helped her practice singing in her bedroom, was her backup singer for the concerts in the living room, and was on stage when Kate tried out for the national singing competition that launched her to stardom. Iggy is not trained for combat in the least, but is a constant source of happiness and support for his owner. He is Kate’s best friend.
  • Blaze (Houndour ♀): This dog is a part of Kate’s security detail and the one closest to her. Since she’s still a houndour and still young, she is still imprinting on her now trainer. When Kate skipped out on her concert, she managed to sneak Blaze into a pokeball to take with her. Even though she’s fiercely protective, Blaze has some trouble recognizing threats and has a good amount of puppy left in her. She has been undergoing battle training, but hasn’t completed the entire, rigorous course like the other dogs in her detail.
Personality: Kate can come across either shy or cocky depending on the situation. Currently undercover, she’s mostly guarded and quiet - abrasive if pushed too far. With the new start in Tokai, she hopes to figure out what parts of her are persona and what parts are real, how she’ll wind up is yet unknown.

Biography: Wide blue eyes and silvery voice captured the hearts and minds of Unova when a little twelve year old from Accumula Town auditioned for the televised national talent competition. No one was surprised when she, with her backup singer Iggy, won and skyrocketed to stardom under the stage name Chelsea Summer. She became the sweetheart idol of Unova, loved by all but the tabloids. With a rock solid publicity team, soon she could do no wrong. Until she did.

The pervasiveness of paparazzi and cameras meant she no longer had a private life. Innocent teenage exploration was exploited for magazine sales. A fight with her mother got blown out of proportion and damaged their relationship. Rumors about an eating disorder and drug use circulated when she dyed her hair and changed her style. Fans began arguing about whether or not this was the “real” Chelsea or not; some even began to boycott her music when she released an album that deviated from the pop idol sound, crying for the “old Chelsea.”

Behind the scenes, the stress of trying to live up to the public and her parent’s expectations started eating away at her. Many nights she spent awake and reading about famous pokemon trainers who went on adventures with their pokemon, taking on gyms and earning badges and fame for something more than talent. She’d never wanted to go on a pokemon adventure, but when the announcement of the league in Tokai was released, she hatched a plan to escape the shackles of celebrity.

She began collecting supplies, preparing herself as best she could while simultaneously being careful not to let her team catch wind of her plan. Getting a revive and potions wasn’t difficult - they were on hand to care for Iggy and the pokemon of her security detail. Food, again, wasn’t a problem. But trainers had pokeballs to capture wild pokemon! She had no way to get these ahead of time, but hoped she could find some on her way out of town.

The night of her tour’s debut, she slipped out of her trailer with her pack. Blaze was sitting just outside the door and began wiggling the way she did when her charge was near and safe. Kate bent down and began petting the dog to soothe her before whispering an apology for the click of a pokeball. With the two pokeballs holding her only allies, the teen pop idol slipped out a side door and made her way to the pier to catch a ride to Tokai, stopping at a Pokemart to purchase pokeballs.

Bag Contents:  12 pokeballs, 5 potions, 1 revive, food (both human and poke-), canteen with water, a change of clothes, basic beauty supplies, spending money, a journal and a couple of pens.
Ons/Offs: My O/Os can also be found linked in my signature.

Aaand done. It's 8am and I haven't slept, but I WANTED TO FINISH IT. I'm gonna go pass out now. I might edit here & there for wording's sake, but all the important stuff is in there.

Question: Would it be possible for Iggy to influence emotions with his song? Make people feel sad, happy, calm, etc? It'd be something Kate/Echo could have him use or not use, and he could also sing without affecting the listener. It wouldn't work on recordings, but her live shows would be an experience.
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

King Serperior

Quote from: Latooni Subota on July 30, 2016, 12:06:34 AM
That is explicitly the point: Even with miniaturization and stuff, she is absolutely overprepared, ala that big backpack Brock carried around in the anime. Sometimes you gotta learn things the hard way. :D
Okay, well, in that case, make the minor changes about the 'Pokemon One' and similar and she's accepted.  Just remember that lugging around a large, bulky backpack instead of a smaller travel pack will likely cause some difficulties until she's more adapted for travel!

Quote from: Black Howling on July 30, 2016, 12:14:22 AM
For starters, today got screwed. Still working on getting that sheet up, though, I'm about  quarter done.... embarrassingly. Sorry about that.

For seconds, I'm certain he will at first. I think he'll probably move down the breeder path, but as we seen with Brock, that's not mutually exclusive to not being being better at the battles. All said, I doubt he'll be even close to the team's best in that regard. He's shaping up to love Pokemon to a degree that breeder seems the best bet, though.
Not a problem at all!  Not everyone can get something written up when RL gets in the way.

And, no worries at all.  The experiences he'll likely face leave multiple paths open to either becoming a better battler or any number of interests.

Quote from: Mr L on July 30, 2016, 02:25:24 AM
Alright, here's Aurora! Added a chunk to keep track of what they can do as a psychic person, will adjust if anything needs to be.
As far as I can see, Aurora is perfectly made!  There's just one small thing and they're accepted:

And with that, they hopped on a boat in Olivine to head to the new frontier!
The boat to Tokai is docked in Kanto's Vermilion City, but they could take a short boat journey from Olivine to Kanto if they wanted to get a feel for sea travel.

Quote from: BAMF on July 30, 2016, 08:04:36 AM
Aaand done. It's 8am and I haven't slept, but I WANTED TO FINISH IT. I'm gonna go pass out now. I might edit here & there for wording's sake, but all the important stuff is in there.
You didn't have to lose sleep over this!  D:

On that note, she looks amazing!  I can see no problems at all, so she's accepted!

Question: Would it be possible for Iggy to influence emotions with his song? Make people feel sad, happy, calm, etc? It'd be something Kate/Echo could have him use or not use, and he could also sing without affecting the listener. It wouldn't work on recordings, but her live shows would be an experience.
Hmmm, Initially, I would have to say no to that because the only emotion a Jigglypuff is typically able to influence is sleepiness.  However, if Sing is used as a combination with Disarming Voice, which is a move that causes emotional damage, it could somewhat alter, or at least nudge a person's feelings.  I wouldn't say the success rate is 100%, but it would add the feelings to the song.   Of course, doing those at the same time would be tiring and require full concentration as well as dialing down on both moves so those who listen don't fall asleep or become harmed by them respectively.

Okay, with almost the entire cast done, I'll go ahead and open a Character Thread and an OOC in the next few minutes.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

And there we go!  Latooni Subota (once you have made the minor edits), Shadowfox, BAMF, and Mr L (once the minor edit has been made):  You may now post your Character Sheets in the Character Thread and jump on into the OOC!   XD

Out of Character
Character Thread

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

Okay, at the moment, we are currently One character short before we can start the game.  If you are interested, please feel free to ask questions and give a character concept.  Do not fret if it seems that someone else is here before you as there might be an opening if we receive no response from one of the players soon.

I do ask that you please take a look at the Character Thread and see what sort of characters are currently here so no one makes a carbon copy by mistake.  As always, the rule is to play what you want to play and have the Pokemon you want to have.  This is NOT a power-focused game where only the best of the best Pokemon lead the way.  In many cases, those Pokemon are extremely limited!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

I have just recently received word from the player in question.  So, as of now, we are only seeking one person to fill in the final character slot.  Again, please feel free to ask questions so that I may help!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

Okay, after a very rough muse problem, I am ready to begin as early as Friday.  All we need is one last player and character!  I'm currently working on the starting post for the journey!  We have five characters and all are quite unique, so feel free to create your own!  Remember, this game is about playing a character that you, as a player, likes.  The same goes for the Pokemon your character would use:  Choose your favorites.  They don't have to be the best or the most powerful.  It's about playing what you want most!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Kimera

Hello

I might be interested in joining this if there is still a spot open. I noticed there are already quite a few characters out there, so not sure what kind of character concepts would be a great addition to the group.

King Serperior

Heya, Kim!

There is one spot still open.  We've had a few interested parties, but most of them haven't posted beyond their first idea or just saying they're interested.  As for characters, if you check our Character Thread, you'll see our current cast of characters:  A traveling trainer and explorer, a psychic treasure hunter, a somewhat spoiled, over-prepared rich girl who is in way over her head, a rather gutsy fighting-type trainer looking to prove herself, and a pop star who ran away from the limelight in order to become the person she wants to be instead of a spoiled voice.

That leaves lots of ideas out there for a character!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

BAMF

»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

AribethAmkiir

Don't want to steal a spot from anyone, but I'm interested if things are still open.  I can get a sheet up today.

King Serperior

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on August 24, 2016, 03:44:33 PM
Don't want to steal a spot from anyone, but I'm interested if things are still open.  I can get a sheet up today.
Hello there!

There is still one spot open and only one other person has shown interest.  I could take both you and Kimera's characters if both are interesting and unique.  I'm hesitant to take more than seven characters in this game at absolute maximum (normally, I only go for a six-character limit).  At the moment, we have five in total.

So, if you have questions or concepts, feel free to leave them here!  Also, I have a link to the current cast of characters if you want to see what we have now.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

AribethAmkiir

A team of Chimchar, Phanpy, and Tentacool would equal 6 points, right?

You currently have 4 females and 1 male, I know you said that the genders didn't matter, but then you also said it'd be nice to have a balanced mix.  Preference?

Concept: A young and hopeful Pokemon breeder, who has more book-knowledge than practice, who decided to come to the Tokai region because it is speculated to be the home of every Pokemon species in existence.

King Serperior

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on August 24, 2016, 04:03:10 PM
A team of Chimchar, Phanpy, and Tentacool would equal 6 points, right?
That would be right, though I would like to say that in regards to almost entirely aquatic Pokemon like Tentacool, there may be limited use for it in areas without water.  I'm not saying not to use it if you want to, but I thought that you would want to know.

You currently have 4 females and 1 male, I know you said that the genders didn't matter, but then you also said it'd be nice to have a balanced mix.  Preference?
It's actually 1 male, 3 females, and 1 non-binary.  That said, though I generally like a balanced mix, if the players want to write more females than males, then why stop them?  This is about what the players want to write and I won't railroad someone into playing a character they don't want to.

Concept: A young and hopeful Pokemon breeder, who has more book-knowledge than practice, who decided to come to the Tokai region because it is speculated to be the home of every Pokemon species in existence.
Seems like a pretty good concept.  Tokai will offer lots of experience for someone who finds themselves in over their head.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

BAMF

»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

King Serperior

Quote from: BAMF on August 24, 2016, 04:13:19 PM
...aren't most of our characters in over their heads? ;P
You have a point there!  Though some are obviously less prepared than others!  :P

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace