News:

Main Menu

E3 2015

Started by Sasquatch421, June 15, 2015, 10:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasquatch421

This is for everything related to E3 for this year... I know everyone has their favs, but no hating ok? Though we're all better than that...

I watched the Microsoft press conference this morning and was impressed by their games. Two new reveals was ReCore by Megaman creator  Keiji Inafune and the makers of Metroid Prime. Then you have the new Rare IP Sea of Thieves a pirate themed MMO...

Some of things we knew were coming were footage of Halo 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Gears of War 4, Gears of War Collection, more footage from Fallout 4 (comes with at least Fallout 3 internet got wonky..), Fable Legends, the new Forza (even had one of the new Ford GT's drop from the ceiling!), trailer for Dark Souls 3, Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2, Tom Clancy's The Division and Rainbow Six Siege (Rainbow 6 comes with the first two games).

Oh and while I remember it... Any mods created for Fallout 4 on the PC can be transferred, played and shared on the Xbox One. Hardware wise? Xbox One is getting backwards compatibility, they showed off the Hololens with Minecraft which the hololens user was able to pull up the entire world the other user was playing in off a table. Microsoft also announced a team up with Valve VR...

Other things I've heard so far:

FF7 is getting a remake for the PS4

Shemue 3 is on Kickstarter looking for 2 mill!

Kuje

I'm still loving Halolens even back when they first showed it a few months ago at the Microsoft conference. I love what they are doing with that and it's so wicked!

I'm also looking forward to the new UI for the One, which will add in Cortana and streamline the dashboard. No more tiles! WOO! That will be coming out later this year as well.

As for games, many of them were ones I was waiting for already but seeing more of Fallout 4 was nice. Last night Bethesda had their conference and went over some new stuff like you can tear apart the buildings in Fallout 4 and use the parts to build your own towns and that will bring others to your towns so they can set up shops, farms, etc. It's not for everyone, sure, but it's still a nice thing to include in case you just don't always want to go off and follow the quests. Oh, and the dog is actually useful.

I also saw some nice games coming out for their ID program that interested me. Sure, they're not top studio games but eh, they still were some I thought would be fun to play. Mostly I was looking at Tacoma or Blind Eyes but there's a few others that were in there that I already knew about like Sword Coast Legends (A new Dungeons and Dragons game) since that was announced awhile ago for the PC but just recently for the consoles.

Looking over the sites for Sony's conference, I didn't see anything that would change my mind about getting a ps4.

Recore looked kind of interesting, I will admit that. Taking that energy sphere and putting it into a larger machine that went off to kick butt looked pretty fun.

Inkidu

I don't think Final Fantasy VII is getting a remake. That one has been floating around every E3 and console release by Sony since the PS2. The lead designer basically said the only way they'd do it is if they could get the band back together, and the band is currently scattered to the four winds. Heck said lead designer has his own studio now... Mistwalker I think is what it's called.

I however saw the first hinting look at actually gameplay from XCOM 2, and I neardgasmed. :P
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sasquatch421

The gameplay for Cuphead had me giggling like a school girl... I'm a sucker for the old school Steamboat Willie style!

Inkidu: The FF7 remake was just announced tonight. I love Mistwalker as well as they did Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon on the 360...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-7-remake-announced-by-sony-at-e3-201/1100-6428174/?utm_source=gamefaqs&utm_medium=partner&utm_content=news_module&utm_campaign=homepage

Sabby

Just a heads up for those who were mainly there for the Bethesda Conference, some Fallout 4 footage was shown off in the Microsoft Conference as well. It's similar to what was already shown, but it's still worth a look.

Mathim

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on June 15, 2015, 10:01:13 PM
This is for everything related to E3 for this year... I know everyone has their favs, but no hating ok? Though we're all better than that...

I watched the Microsoft press conference this morning and was impressed by their games. Two new reveals was ReCore by Megaman creator  Keiji Inafune and the makers of Metroid Prime. Then you have the new Rare IP Sea of Thieves a pirate themed MMO...

Some of things we knew were coming were footage of Halo 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Gears of War 4, Gears of War Collection, more footage from Fallout 4 (comes with at least Fallout 3 internet got wonky..), Fable Legends, the new Forza (even had one of the new Ford GT's drop from the ceiling!), trailer for Dark Souls 3, Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2, Tom Clancy's The Division and Rainbow Six Siege (Rainbow 6 comes with the first two games).

Oh and while I remember it... Any mods created for Fallout 4 on the PC can be transferred, played and shared on the Xbox One. Hardware wise? Xbox One is getting backwards compatibility, they showed off the Hololens with Minecraft which the hololens user was able to pull up the entire world the other user was playing in off a table. Microsoft also announced a team up with Valve VR...

Other things I've heard so far:

Shemue 3 is on Kickstarter looking for 2 mill!

*Angelic choir music starts playing in the background* FINALLY! Take that, Honest Trailers! They ARE making an HD remake!

Fallout 4 is also great news but I will probably have to buy a PS4 for that, won't I? Dammit...I just got a PS3 less than a year ago and don't want to have to upgrade for a while yet. Well, maybe with my lawsuit settlement I can afford one.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Sasquatch421

Quote from: Sabby on June 15, 2015, 10:58:21 PM
Just a heads up for those who were mainly there for the Bethesda Conference, some Fallout 4 footage was shown off in the Microsoft Conference as well. It's similar to what was already shown, but it's still worth a look.

That and those custom toys that Bethesda gave away? Most are up on Ebay already going for over 300 a pop..

Evolution

I don't really game that much anymore but I grew up on games so I still watch the conferences every year.  I thought it was pretty cool how they confirmed that The Last Guardian is coming.  I was never too excited about the games since I never played the games before it, though I heard they were good.  I just think the announcement and footage were great because SO many people have been waiting for the game.  Personally what excited me the most was the ff7 remake.  A lot of people think the game is overrated but for me it was a great gaming experience, maybe it was just that it came at the right age for me... I think I was around... 14 or 15 when I played it?  Oh and one thing I wanted to clarify is that the FF7 remake is NOT a ps4 exclusive.  In the conference they said ps4 users will be the FIRST to play it.  Which basically confirms that its either 1. coming to PC as well, and/or its coming to the Xbox One. 

Since I'm an adult I don't really care about console wars, but at the same time I think its great that the remake is going to be multi plat, for no other reason than its a great game and I'm glad that a wider audience will be able to enjoy the game.

BCdan

This one looks cool. Don't see much post-post apocalypse. Some great world building going on here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkg5UVTsKCE

~I enjoy random PM's~

Mikem

"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. So why not take the scenic route?"

My Ons & Offs

Evolution

BCdan, I've never wanted to steal anyone's avatar more than yours.  It. Is. Perfect. lol.  I was also impressed with the Horizon trailer.  Usually with something like that it is just CGI but it was great to get that intro that builds up this story, then you see the gameplay which looked fun and very atmospheric, cinematic even. 

Mikem, I believe currently it is only backwards compatible with select titles.  Microsoft said that they still need to get permission from the developers of each title before they could make it backwards compatible, but honestly I don't see that being much of an issue.  Backwards compatibility is definitely a step in the right direction.  I still don't like the idea of them moving Kinect from their consoles.  The idea wasn't perfect but it still had possibilities.

Ryven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVaWl1GtDHU

I had to contain myself while watching this because I nearly tried to lick the screen while this was going on.  I cannot wait for this!

Mathim

Quote from: Ryven on June 16, 2015, 06:31:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVaWl1GtDHU

I had to contain myself while watching this because I nearly tried to lick the screen while this was going on.  I cannot wait for this!

I only watched about a minute of it but it didn't seem that different from most standard FPS's with the exception of those interesting finishing blows being dealt. It was like they mixed in Mortal Kombat fatalities into it.

And I watched the FF7 HD trailer and it kind of made me think it's going more in the direction of a sequel than an actual remake. This is uncomfortable. I really wanted the game with updated graphics, all the little glitches and annoyances fixed, and maybe a little extra content like new dungeons and such. I pray I'm wrong but I'm a bit worried.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Far eyes

Is it just me or is the Mass Effect 4 trailer really weird and kind of dos not fit together, and i actually like that song

What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

What he means: "I like lesbians".
A/A
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180557.0

Lustful Bride

Im geeking out over ghost Recon! Finally! Ive been itching for this kind of game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdJub3Kz2wI

Quote from: Mikem on June 16, 2015, 01:55:12 AM
THE XBOX ONE IS BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE!!!!

:'(

FINALLY!! God!

Ive wanted an Xbox One for a while but I have so many 360 games that I don't want to throw away.

*Drops to the floor from geeking out too hard!*  XD

Formless

Quote from: Inkidu on June 15, 2015, 10:28:40 PM
I don't think Final Fantasy VII is getting a remake. That one has been floating around every E3 and console release by Sony since the PS2. The lead designer basically said the only way they'd do it is if they could get the band back together, and the band is currently scattered to the four winds. Heck said lead designer has his own studio now... Mistwalker I think is what it's called.

It was an official announcement this time , which makes it different from every previous incident.

However , while I'm happy to hear such news. I am still skeptic about it happening. Hopefully I'm wrong , because I'll play the crap out of that game if its remade no matter what alteration they make for it. ( As long as they do not write off KOR )

Inkidu

So they went with ME 4 huh? Is Shepard back? ::)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Inkidu on June 16, 2015, 09:09:14 AM
So they went with ME 4 huh? Is Shepard back? ::)

No, it follows some kind of Expeditionary force exploring the Andromeda Galaxy. A brand new frontier so none of them will know about the reapers.

Inkidu

Quote from: Lustful Bride on June 16, 2015, 09:11:24 AM
No, it follows some kind of Expeditionary force exploring the Andromeda Galaxy. A brand new frontier so none of them will know about the reapers.
I was being sarcastic about the unoriginal name. I'd have probably used some kind of subtitle to separate it from the original trilogy. I'll probably still pay it, but the end of the original three games were fairly climactic (if unsatisfying for most) so... finding plot soil strikes me as rather difficult.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Inkidu on June 16, 2015, 09:26:49 AM
I was being sarcastic about the unoriginal name. I'd have probably used some kind of subtitle to separate it from the original trilogy. I'll probably still pay it, but the end of the original three games were fairly climactic (if unsatisfying for most) so... finding plot soil strikes me as rather difficult.

Yeah it was majorly disappointing for me. Since my headcannon for the Reapers were that they were an invading force from the Andromeda galaxy, sent to ensure that no new races would ever rise up and challenge their creators.

Imagine if that had been the actual storyline.  XD It would all connect so much better. But anyway il still probably get it....for the Turians. >3>

Anyone know if there have been any new RTS games announced? I thought at least one came out every year.

Far eyes

I am willing to ignore the crap out of ME3 and just move on. Maybe this time we can play other races to, that would be fun.
What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

A/A

CuriousEyes

Quote from: Mathim on June 16, 2015, 08:32:34 AM
And I watched the FF7 HD trailer and it kind of made me think it's going more in the direction of a sequel than an actual remake. This is uncomfortable. I really wanted the game with updated graphics, all the little glitches and annoyances fixed, and maybe a little extra content like new dungeons and such. I pray I'm wrong but I'm a bit worried.

I'm torn on the FF7 remake. I imagine that the primary story will be largely a port - hopefully with some tweaks to improve on the fact that its plotting was often pretty weak - but beyond that? I really loved the way FF7 played as a game in terms of combat systems, most of the minigames, etc. But Square, and game development in general, has come a long way from those days/mechanics. Not necessarily for the better.

I'm really afraid they might try to tweak it to modern systems. Some of the minigames becoming more nuanced might not be bad (snowboarding with more tricks possible, or maybe multiple courses?) - but I loathed the FFXIII combat system, and would really be offended if it was part of the FFVII system for example. Especially considering the ripple effect that would have on Limit Breaks, Materia, etc. etc.

I also wonder if they're going to be able to keep the "open world" style for traveling from one location to another - Square actually trotted that out as a reason the game couldn't be remade previously. Adapting the mechanics to be more about exploring towns and dungeons and then having to always load-screen out to the next location (more similar to FFX) might not be the end of the world, but would really feel like a lot being taken away from the game. Especially because it would have a ripple effect on how a few side quests played out - Yuffie, the legendary weapons, etc.

So yeah. I want the game. I'm excited for the game. I will probably buy a PS4 largely because of the game. I'm just scared. Hopefully needlessly - even if they do change some things... would I really want to play a shot-for-shot remake of FFVII with shinier graphics? I think I want a slightly new experience.

Time will tell!

Also the Mass Effect trailer might as well have not existed - it tells you nothing about anything, so far as I can tell. And yeah, the song was really out of place, which can work well sometimes but didn't here.

EDIT: THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION OF FALLOUT 4 COMES WITH A WORKING PIP-BOY! - http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/14/8780111/fallout-4-pip-boy-edition-e3-2015

Revelation

I might be the only one excited for it, but Nier is getting a sequel by platinum games.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm super fucking excited. The drakengard and Nier series are a series very close to my heart, and I'm utterly stunned that Nier is getting a sequel. The story was utterly amazing and well made, and the music. is. utterly. stunning! The game was a flop, partially due to lame combat, but even then it's probably in my top 10 games of all time due to the amazing music and story/theme of the game. The fact it's not just getting a sequel, but one that apparently focuses on Kaine (One of the more interesting characters of the game) with gameplay done by Platinum (who makes amazingly fun games) has almost restored my faith in square enix. This might push me into getting a PS4.

Sabby

Quote from: Changingsaint on June 16, 2015, 04:35:45 PM
I might be the only one excited for it, but Nier is getting a sequel by platinum games.

Oh wow. I missed that. I kind of liked Nier, even though it's story was hot sweltering garbage, but it's just perfect for Platinum.

Revelation

Quote from: Sabby on June 16, 2015, 04:41:21 PM
Oh wow. I missed that. I kind of liked Nier, even though it's story was hot sweltering garbage, but it's just perfect for Platinum.

I will vehemently disagree with you over this to the very bitter end. Politely so of course. But extraordinarily vehemently.

Mikem

Quote from: Lustful Bride on June 16, 2015, 09:11:24 AM

I'm guessing the Citadel Races after the galactic war advanced their knowledge of the Mass Relays and started building their own, culminating with an experimental Relay that transports them across dark space. I mean how the hell else could they be going to a whole 'nother freakin Galaxy. Even with Mass Relays that shit is far. Still, it's going to be a Next Gen Mass Effect game, so I'm definitely going to play it.

Now I'm off to actually watch the trailer.

Welp, say hello to Shepard 2.0. I know he's not Shepard but it's another N7 so, basically.
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. So why not take the scenic route?"

My Ons & Offs

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on June 15, 2015, 10:01:13 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kznek1uNVsg

*Starts flipping things in the background.* ;o

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Inkidu

Quote from: Far eyes on June 16, 2015, 09:56:42 AM
I am willing to ignore the crap out of ME3 and just move on. Maybe this time we can play other races to, that would be fun.
I'd love to play other races, honestly that's the biggest pull for ME4 as far as I'm concerned.

Drake Valentine

Bleh, I am not pleased with Atlus, they basically didn't reveal anything new about P5 and released the same trailer, but this time with 'Eng Subs,' to their game, like there wasn't already a translated Eng trailer out. >_<

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Revelation

I wouldn't anticipate any big news about P5 until about 2-3 months from its release. They're keeping us in the dark about it.

Drake Valentine

I would be surprise if it even comes out this year.

Far eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ84glIAfWc

In short still no real reason to own a console.. 

A/A

Mathim

Quote from: Inkidu on June 16, 2015, 08:13:17 PM
I'd love to play other races, honestly that's the biggest pull for ME4 as far as I'm concerned.

I'd love this for Fallout 4. Being able to play as a ghoul or super mutant, you'd be able to explore irradiated places without consequences, but then you'd have trouble being trusted by almost every human in the game.

CaptainNexus616

Giving you more reason to invest in the Speech Skill or carry more ammo to town  ;D

I wish you could use a dang car just so I could go all Mad Max 2 on the wasteland lol. But power armor with a jetpack and your own vertabird will suffice.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Mathim

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on June 17, 2015, 08:34:57 AM
Giving you more reason to invest in the Speech Skill or carry more ammo to town  ;D

I wish you could use a dang car just so I could go all Mad Max 2 on the wasteland lol. But power armor with a jetpack and your own vertabird will suffice.

That too, vehicular travel would DEFINITELY be a major improvement that would benefit the series (although that would probably downgrade the challenge and difficulty, so it would be a double-edged sword) so maybe in slightly more limited circumstances. Like, something where you'd still be uncovered and vulnerable to attack.

I just hope they still have something comparable to a Shishkebab. That was my favorite weapon and I love going melee weapon style so I don't waste ammo.

CuriousEyes

Some cryptic-ish interviews that also struggle a bit behind language barriers (article is an English synopsis of an interview done in Japanese - apparently a few words could have similar but slightly different meanings) regarding FF7.

http://kotaku.com/the-final-fantasy-vii-remake-wont-be-exactly-the-same-1711909183

Basically there will be some changes, the game will not just be a shot-for-shot remake in HD of FF7. Exactly what those changes are isn't clear - it seemed to me that the person being interviewed was struggling with it themselves, acknowledging that certain things (like the combat mechanics) are dated by today's standards but are pretty core to the FF7 experience.

Quote“'The original version is a game that came out in 1997, and if you look at it today, you can feel how dated the graphics and the game system are,' Nomura told Famitsu. 'However, that’s also part of Final Fantasy VII.' Nomura added that even today, the game continues to get support and that is unlikely to change."

Did specifically mention "plot" apparently, so I'm thinking they might do some tweaks to clean up the narrative of the game - whether that means cutting out some content, re-translating scenes, or (hopefully) ADDING scenes to bridge some of the narrative gaps, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Drake Valentine

Well, FF7 at its time was an INCOMPLETE game when it was released.

I read various places with information regarding things such as deleted material to rush the project, one being the obvious ability to resurrect Aeris(Aerith) others being a Golem summon, some exp bonus weapons for Mains, certain material like underwater breathing and some other one, and a few other things.

I remember reading somewhere that they wanted to include multiple endings, but now can't find that source, that could of been a rumor. *Shrug*

The good news, maybe it will be a complete version of what it should of been. If not, it will be enhanced graphics and at the very most, being done by the original makers and not some hash team to reboot the game like a certain franchise that learned their lesson as far as reboots go. *cough* DMC *cough.*

CuriousEyes

True story - Aeris is by far one of my least favorite characters in a game. I don't know why, I just never really cared for her and was actually quite pleased when she exited stage right.

Mathim

Quote from: CuriousEyes on June 17, 2015, 11:13:29 AM
True story - Aeris is by far one of my least favorite characters in a game. I don't know why, I just never really cared for her and was actually quite pleased when she exited stage right.

Me too. I mean, it had nothing to do with the fact that Tifa was like 10 million times hotter. But I would have liked to have the option of making an Aeris clone if nothing else, simply so that when you had 3 parties at the end to battle Sephiroth, one of them wouldn't be stuck with just 2 party members since you'd have gone from 9 to 8 after losing her. I mean, they way I see it, they could do some Ancient trick with the seashell city and make a duplicate of her with all the previous skills/limits and such, but her mentality is something akin to that of Mako-poisoned Cloud, so she either doesn't talk or simply babbles nonsense so it isn't like her being there affects the story even though she'd still be around for battles. I mean, that one Limit Break of hers that turns everybody invincible sure would have come in handy during the optional super Weapons boss battles, wouldn't it?

Here's one or two things I'd like to see them add in if they're going big with this project:
-Make Lucrecia's Cave a dungeon that has to be explored to find her instead of just being a free giveaway for Vincent's ultimate weapon and L4 Limit Break
-Make an underwater traveling chocobo AND a flying chocobo, and make small dungeons only they can access and create two new materia caves for them to find so there are two more super-rare materia to find like Quadra Magic, Mime and Knights of the Round
-Give every party member at least one 3x AP weapon

I have tons more but these are my top wish list.

SinXAzgard21

Sad we won't see FFVII till like 2030 though.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

CaptainNexus616

I am putting my money on it taking four years at max. We are still fresh into the PS4 era now. It may be 2017 to celebrate the 20th anniversary. They already have the story and tweaking the concept art for the modern time that's a good portion there.

Still there is one major factor about this game I am holding my breath on. Cloud. There are essentially two versions of Cloud's character

Originally in FFVII, Cloud was closer to Zack's personality but after the game well...he basically went emo. Every other thing I have seen him in since has been that way. Advent Children, Dissadia, and even Kingdom Hearts. As long as they get Cloud right I will be happy.
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Mathim

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on June 17, 2015, 12:51:54 PM
I am putting my money on it taking four years at max. We are still fresh into the PS4 era now. It may be 2017 to celebrate the 20th anniversary. They already have the story and tweaking the concept art for the modern time that's a good portion there.

Still there is one major factor about this game I am holding my breath on. Cloud. There are essentially two versions of Cloud's character

Originally in FFVII, Cloud was closer to Zack's personality but after the game well...he basically went emo. Every other thing I have seen him in since has been that way. Advent Children, Dissadia, and even Kingdom Hearts. As long as they get Cloud right I will be happy.

I liked post-recovery Cloud better. The one who leads the charge into the crater with "Let's mosey."

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on June 17, 2015, 12:51:54 PM

SE stated that they have just started working on the remake.

CaptainNexus616

I figured as such since is the first official word of a remake...

I'm just betting the soonest will be 2017 for a 20th anniversary. Not saying it will and it may take longer but that is my guess at the soonest possibility.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on June 17, 2015, 01:14:45 PM
I figured as such since is the first official word of a remake...

I'm just betting the soonest will be 2017 for a 20th anniversary. Not saying it will and it may take longer but that is my guess at the soonest possibility.

It would be nice for the 20th.

I'd also like them to not include turned based combat.

CaptainNexus616

Mathim

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on June 17, 2015, 01:43:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jXU5k4U8x20

Its beautiful....

Refresh my memory, was Vader there on Hoth during the assault? Or at least, in the capacity where he'd be on the battlefield and not showing up after the evacuation? Not that I'm against them taking liberties with the game's story if it makes the gameplay more interesting.

Inkidu

Vadar was there, all we see though is him chasing Han and crew into the Falcon. What he did during the battle is left to speculation/incredibly bloated expanded universe material.

Skynet

Super Marior Maker really intrigues me:

Kind of reminds me of those ROM hacks in the old days, albeit this time it looks like you can replicate both old-school and new-style Mario games.

Mikem

So Nintendo is coming out with yet another top down Zelda game for the handheld, instead of, y'know, something we'd actually foam at the mouth over. Something along the lines of an actual over the shoulder game on Console like Twilight Princess. God that was a beautiful game.

Also if Zelda came to the Xbox I could die happy. Never will though. Cause corporations and property and life sucks.

My Ons & Offs

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Mikem on June 18, 2015, 04:02:38 AM
So Nintendo is coming out with yet another top down Zelda game for the handheld, instead of, y'know, something we'd actually foam at the mouth over. Something along the lines of an actual over the shoulder game on Console like Twilight Princess. God that was a beautiful game.

Also if Zelda came to the Xbox I could die happy. Never will though. Cause corporations and property and life sucks.

I prefer the top down Zelda games to the over the shoulder ones, I think a lot of people actually do.

Far eyes

One of these days Nintendo is going to do something without its age old characters.

Somebody was mentioning Fallout and cars, you do actually have one in Fallout 2 the actually really good first 2 games everybody seems to be forgeting who is such a big fallout fan *Grumps* Its mostly just that Fallout 3 or NV are really just not big enough to warren needing one.

A/A

Sabby

Quote from: Far eyes on June 18, 2015, 05:04:17 AM
One of these days Nintendo is going to do something without its age old characters.

Like Splatoon?

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Sabby on June 18, 2015, 05:06:10 AM
Like Splatoon?

Or Bayonetta because she wan't nintendo only till the second game.

Sabby

I was just assuming that by 'do something with', Far Eyes meant something first party. I'd actually be super interested to see Nintendo make more new first party. Or open world Kirby, but whatever.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Sabby on June 18, 2015, 05:24:30 AM
I was just assuming that by 'do something with', Far Eyes meant something first party. I'd actually be super interested to see Nintendo make more new first party. Or open world Kirby, but whatever.

Sega owns Bayonetta and Nintendo basically owns Sega.  Not to mention fronted all the money and shit for the game.

Sabby

I thought for something to be first party it had to be made by Nintendo, not owned by it?

Mathim

Quote from: Mikem on June 18, 2015, 04:02:38 AM

Over-the-shoulder Zelda is too epic for a handheld. I don't think I'd enjoy it nearly as much if it was on such a small screen. So I don't get bothered by the ALTTP style stuff, although ALBW was way too similar to the original to be captivating. Something similar to Phantom Hourglass would probably be the best thing they could produce for the 3DS.

CuriousEyes

Quote from: Far eyes on June 18, 2015, 05:04:17 AM
Somebody was mentioning Fallout and cars, you do actually have one in Fallout 2 the actually really good first 2 games everybody seems to be forgeting who is such a big fallout fan *Grumps* Its mostly just that Fallout 3 or NV are really just not big enough to warren needing one.

I still love Fallout 2, but that game was absurdly easy to cheat out of any difficulty. Leave your home town, walk South (saving frequently to avoid random battles) until you reach the refinery town. You could have powered armor and energy weapons melting your enemies within the first hour of playing.

Personally I think their design sense has improved since then. /shrug

la dame en noir

1. My friend got to go to E3 - I am so jealous of her and wish I never left GameStop
2. I am very excited for Mass Effect, it didn't need to tell me anything because as a loyal bioware fan, I almost lost my mind when I saw it.

Thats all I'm excited for because I've turned into a PC nerd, but will be getting the PS4 this year. Still not a fan of Xbox games.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Fahrahne

Grip the universe. Reshape it. Disregard the screams.

Far eyes

Quote from: CuriousEyes on June 18, 2015, 08:59:18 AM
absurdly easy to cheat

See i will tell the same to anybody no mater if its a computer game or table top game, your not cheating the game you are cheating your self.

A/A

Far eyes

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 18, 2015, 05:35:32 AM
Sega owns Bayonetta and Nintendo basically owns Sega.  Not to mention fronted all the money and shit for the game.

They did pay for it, but even accepting the other examples that's a very very small pool over the life cycle of the console so far. I just have to wounder how long people will still give a shit that there is a New insert Mario, Zelda or Sonic or who ever game. Nintendo firmly based it self on the pillar of nostalgia and is generally taking a horrible stance with its biggest fans on youtube. 

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Yes i know Sonic is not a Nintendo property  >:)

A/A

Inkidu

Quote from: Far eyes on June 18, 2015, 01:49:03 PM
See i will tell the same to anybody no mater if its a computer game or table top game, your not cheating the game you are cheating your self.
It's not cheating. You just walk to the place, it's not like he's manipulating in-game files or using codes.

It is cheesing it though.

Lustful Bride

XCOM 2 stage demo. *drools* I want it so bad, I miss killing those alien scum and saying "Welcome to Earth" over and over again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxGIzHIDIcY

Inkidu

Quote from: Lustful Bride on June 18, 2015, 03:49:02 PM
XCOM 2 stage demo. *drools* I want it so bad, I miss killing those alien scum and saying "Welcome to Earth" over and over again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxGIzHIDIcY
Now it's more like, "Get off my planet!"

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Inkidu on June 18, 2015, 04:00:23 PM
Now it's more like, "Get off my planet!"

I was thinking more we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, but we will never surrender!

CuriousEyes

Quote from: Lustful Bride on June 18, 2015, 04:04:19 PM
I was thinking more we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, but we will never surrender!

Inkidu

I've always maintained that XCOM needs a futurist quote, and on the 2K forums I suggested these:

“The road ahead is long and there will be many setbacks. Success is not assured… but the price of failure has never been this high.”
― Charles Lee Lesher

"This, to me, is the ultimately heroic trait of ordinary people; they say no to the tyrant and they calmly take the consequences of this resistance."

Philip K. Dick

consortium11

Quote from: CuriousEyes on June 18, 2015, 08:59:18 AM
I still love Fallout 2, but that game was absurdly easy to cheat out of any difficulty. Leave your home town, walk South (saving frequently to avoid random battles) until you reach the refinery town. You could have powered armor and energy weapons melting your enemies within the first hour of playing.

Personally I think their design sense has improved since then. /shrug

So if you've already played through the game (or at least read a detailed walkthrough), know the key locations of what you need, know what dialogue to say and "save-scum" (to use the pejorative term) to get there then the game is extremely easy?

Fallout 2 is hardly unique in that.

Frankly there's not much difference between that and grinding out the 100% chameleon suit in Oblivion or the mega powered enchantments in Skyrim (although they don't require save scumming). In truth there's no even that much difference between it and the intelligence bobblehead speed run in Fallout 3 where you can get 10 intelligence by level 2 and thus get a big boost to skill points over the course of the game.

Sabby

Life in Color

Quote from: la dame en noir on June 18, 2015, 09:44:37 AM
1. My friend got to go to E3 - I am so jealous of her and wish I never left GameStop
2. I am very excited for Mass Effect, it didn't need to tell me anything because as a loyal bioware fan, I almost lost my mind when I saw it.

Thats all I'm excited for because I've turned into a PC nerd, but will be getting the PS4 this year. Still not a fan of Xbox games.

Marry me, dame.  ♡

Things I'm excited about from E3 (in no order):

1. Kingdom Hearts 3 will have areas from Tangled. And Hercules (other than the Coliseum)
2. Heavensward
3. Mass Effect (Would rather have Dragon Age, but it'll do)
4. FF VII (Because now the tears will stop and maybe they can remake others - like VIII, or IX, or VI)

Mathim

Quote from: Alixandre on June 19, 2015, 07:18:32 AM
Marry me, dame.  ♡

Things I'm excited about from E3 (in no order):

1. Kingdom Hearts 3 will have areas from Tangled. And Hercules (other than the Coliseum)
2. Heavensward
3. Mass Effect (Would rather have Dragon Age, but it'll do)
4. FF VII (Because now the tears will stop and maybe they can remake others - like VIII, or IX, or VI)

I'd love them to do a remake of all the older FF games before VII like they did with III and IV on the DS. FFV was my favorite older-gen FF and I'd love it to be given a 3DS remake. Maybe FFVI too, if they include all the stuff from the Gameboy Advance version.

Drake Valentine

Not sure how I feel about Fire Emblem and Shin Megami crossover. -.-`

Ryven

Quote from: Mathim on June 16, 2015, 08:32:34 AM
I only watched about a minute of it but it didn't seem that different from most standard FPS's with the exception of those interesting finishing blows being dealt. It was like they mixed in Mortal Kombat fatalities into it.

There's only so many variations on a theme you can have.  That's why more and more sequels and remakes are coming out rather than original games.  The creation of new, ground-breaking concepts is getting thinner and thinner the further gaming progresses.

SinXAzgard21

Tetsuya Nomura has expressed interest in recreating V and VI.  I think that they will decided on that based on how VII is received.  Just putting this out there, I don't think the stand still combat is coming back.  They have already expressed that they are moving forward.  Nomura himself said they are updating game play.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 23, 2015, 01:12:00 PM
Tetsuya Nomura has expressed interest in recreating V and VI.  I think that they will decided on that based on how VII is received.  Just putting this out there, I don't think the stand still combat is coming back.  They have already expressed that they are moving forward.  Nomura himself said they are updating game play.

If they are doing that I hope they at least go with the combat style of FFXV, that's been the best non turn based combat yet.

Unlike 13 which was just garbage @_@

CuriousEyes

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 23, 2015, 01:12:00 PM

I thought what he said was that the systems are dated, but at the same time they're kind of intrinsic to the experience people remember from FF7, and there's some fear that changing them too heavily alters the character of the game. Basically suggesting there are a lot of hard design decisions to be made, and that even the developers are struggling on some of them. Gameplay encompasses a lot of things - the minigames could be completely reworked and it would constitute changed "gameplay" for example.

I don't know that they could do this, but given enough resources maybe they can put in options on how combat works. You can keep a turn-based battle system with updated graphics, or you can select a more modernized system that still makes use of FF7 aspects like the Materia trees and the limit breaks. /shrug

Inkidu

I don't know about that. I always felt the combat systems of most JRPGs were actually less intrinsic to the game than the story. In fact, the combat always feels like a gate to unlock more of the story.

CuriousEyes

I imagine we could debate it right up to the release of the game (is there a ETA on that, by the way? I think I saw guesstimates that were pegging it in early-2017 but they might be completely unfounded) if we were so inclined.

Fortunately for all of us, it falls on Square to actually make the decisions and deal with the backlash that happens either way they go. So I guess we'll wait and see.

Sasquatch421

I thought I saw a headline somewhere dealing with the release date, but never clicked on it. I can always go and check again...

Quote from: Inkidu on June 23, 2015, 09:25:43 PM
I don't know about that. I always felt the combat systems of most JRPGs were actually less intrinsic to the game than the story. In fact, the combat always feels like a gate to unlock more of the story.

I think it really depends on the person behind the controller... Some people prefer story others combat. I'm a story person myself for most of the games I play. If one really doesn't have a story like say Doom? Then I'll make one up as I go along (that usually changes every play through!)

Edit: Well I took a glance, and while the Square Enix website had a release date of October 16, 2015 it was apparently wrong. All I read is they are saying Winter of 2015 at the moment.... Oop's that date is for the PS4 port of the original! Dang selective reading!

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: CuriousEyes on June 23, 2015, 02:03:44 PM
I thought what he said was that the systems are dated, but at the same time they're kind of intrinsic to the experience people remember from FF7, and there's some fear that changing them too heavily alters the character of the game. Basically suggesting there are a lot of hard design decisions to be made, and that even the developers are struggling on some of them. Gameplay encompasses a lot of things - the minigames could be completely reworked and it would constitute changed "gameplay" for example.

I don't know that they could do this, but given enough resources maybe they can put in options on how combat works. You can keep a turn-based battle system with updated graphics, or you can select a more modernized system that still makes use of FF7 aspects like the Materia trees and the limit breaks. /shrug

He did say the game was dated and it is being complete updated as, lets be honest it did not age well in the slightest.

CaptainNexus616

FFVII was a major RPG Milestone for the time but yes its dated. Should be since its a twenty year old game. Personally I would love if we could explore all of Midgar this time around. From the church in the slums all the way to the upper plate section.

However if we get a pilotable Highwind...I will be content lol

CuriousEyes

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on June 24, 2015, 03:47:14 PM
However if we get a pilotable Highwind...I will be content lol

That's one of the things I think is most in jeopardy, actually. I have actually played very little FF since X, but if I understand correctly, IX is the last one that used a comparable "Open World" travel system. The others have gone with traveling through dungeon-esque zones and then load-screens to handle transport from one town to another, correct?

I mean, FFXV apparently looks to feature an "open" world, but from what little I've seen it looks more like a GTA game (confined to a continent-ish area?) than a world the size of VII's scope. Not that they can't squeeze down some of the wasted space of the world, but it might not feel quite as... epic. I dunno.

Looooots of hard choices.

CaptainNexus616

I'm sure the team working on the project feel a LOT of pressure as well. FFVII was a big game during the first PlayStation era and introduced many including myself to FF in general.  Gaming has changed greatly since then and even FF has as well. The challenging part will be incorporating modern game mechanics into a 18 year old game without it losing the charm VII had specifically.

More so because they know they can't rush it. If this flops it will be a crippling blow to Final Fantasy.

Mathim

Since this line of FFVII discussion is depressing me morbidly, I think I'll kindly invite the discussion to return to the jolly news of Fallout 4. Beware, there be spoilers ahead. Mostly what you can find on youtube if you're curious. You've been warned.

I watched one of the representatives for Bethesda doing a nearly half-hour presentation on youtube and it looks like it gave away a lot more than he may have realized was possible without being a major spoiler despite claiming he didn't intend to be giving away any spoilers. Suffice it to say, here's the gist:

The day/week that the bombs drop is when the game actually starts, as the trailer suggests. You're a family man/woman with a spouse and a baby that, according to the choices you make as to the appearance of your own character and the spouse you can also customize (which looks way more streamlined in terms of process than in FO3 or FONV) will be an amalgamation of your marriage partners' appearance (since in FO3, for example, you just had to assume your mother was as dark-skinned as would be plausible to explain one's skin tone if you wanted to be an African-American character since your Liam Neeson-voiced dad was always white, and you never actually get to see any pictures or anything of your mother in that one; though I am aware that in rare cases two parents of the same skin shade can have a child that looks completely different, if they have enough genetic ancestry to roll the dice in that direction). I just think the algorithms to program that sort of thing sound awesome.

I thought that was cool since I have wanted the character to be able to get married and have kids since Fallout 3 (okay, okay, I admit it was an interest in it being more of the harem-style bonding, but still) and that never happened in NV but then in this case, you don't get to 'meet' your character and choose who you get with, it's just a create-out-of-thin-air situation and the kid is already born by the time it starts so there's no deciding when or where that all happens. Still, that's progress. This is where stuff gets really spoilerish and downright weird as hell so you might want to skip it if you're adamant about not learning anything about the plot.

So, apparently, your town is about to be hit by the next wave of nukes after a radio announcement says the major state capitols have already taken fire. You've just been selected to be a family allowed into the local Vault and you make tracks for it. In the confusion you somehow lose the family and end up the only one in your family to make it into the Vault. 200 years later, for reasons unknown, your character is still alive, not having aged significantly and not having been either transformed into a ghoul or put on that weird machine Mr. House was in. Don't ask me how the fuck that happened but there better be an in-game explanation. But just at first glance, I am NOT liking that. Presumably, however, if this ageless phenomenon happened to you, maybe your family also not only survived the blast and ensuing wasteland debacle for 20 decades but also managed this Dorian Grey sort of miracle and are waiting for you somewhere.

That's all the plot details I gleaned so I want to ask: What do y'alls think of that bizarro-ass pitch? I'm not into it personally, I'd rather have part of the game take place in the past and part in the post-apocalyptic future. I mean, think of the possibility of going Ocarina of Time on it; you get to certain points and 'Memory Lane' mode kicks in. While it's an open world, it's smaller-scale although you have the ability to alter things in the past per your discretion and that affects things in the future to a certain extent. Of course places you've already mucked about in during the future can't be messed with in the past since that would create a paradox, but you'd just have to be careful. That's just my idea though that would probably make it twice as hard to program. Anyway, let's discuss.

Inkidu

Honestly Not that Bizarre
The Vault Program was a program to research how human beings would handle deep-space travel. Vault 112, and the vault of Fallout 4 were two of the last (and therefor most advanced) vaults. Obviously the vault of Fallout 4 has some kind of cryogenics or suspended sleep program.

To add some tangential support to this, Vault 13 (the vault of the first game was a rather unlucky vault and was a primitive one but took a long time to complete. Barring that total oddball time-travel BS of Fallout 2, which I promptly ignore. In fact, I ignore most of the wackiness of Fallout 2. :|

Mathim

Quote from: Inkidu on June 24, 2015, 09:45:44 PM
Honestly Not that Bizarre
The Vault Program was a program to research how human beings would handle deep-space travel. Vault 112, and the vault of Fallout 4 were two of the last (and therefor most advanced) vaults. Obviously the vault of Fallout 4 has some kind of cryogenics or suspended sleep program.

To add some tangential support to this, Vault 13 (the vault of the first game was a rather unlucky vault and was a primitive one but took a long time to complete. Barring that total oddball time-travel BS of Fallout 2, which I promptly ignore. In fact, I ignore most of the wackiness of Fallout 2. :|

Vault 13 was where the Courier from New Vegas came from, wasn't it? Or did they get the Vault 13 Canteen from someone/somewhere else? I always wondered why that wasn't one of the visit-able vaults in NV.

That explanation about the Vault from Fallout 4 doesn't account for why someone outside of it might...you know...so that still bugs me a bit. If the survivor's goal is to find spouse and baby/child/grown-up-by-then, that makes less sense (unless I misheard/misinterpreted what their motivation is). Also the Vault probably was one of those 'defective' ones since the player character is the ONLY survivor by the time they are released from the Vault, from what I heard.

Nevertheless, I expect to see some awesome new Vaults to explore in the Wasteland, the ones that went terribly, terribly wrong either by design or by the inhabitants' unworthiness (like the ones from that Vault in New Vegas where they had to sacrifice someone to avoid being killed by the Vault, except it wanted them to refuse to sacrifice and would have rewarded them for doing so.) I'd love to see what other totally fucked-up experiments Vault-Tec was hatching in the hundreds of Vaults they constructed, what the Bethesda team can come up with.

And new monsters, too. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Deathclaws and Super Mutants (could have used a few more in NV, Fallout 3 had way more plentiful of the latter) but I don't want just more Lake/Mirelurks which are kind of the only other thing that really poses any threat outside of DLC missions. Oh, and I want Behemoths back. Hell, I want different species of Behemoths. Forget Legendary versions, I want a Deathclaw so enormous it eats its own smaller brethren and resorts to smashing rather than clawing despite having claws. The games always lacked boss battles, so these would make for some interesting pseudo-boss battles.

Mikem

Microsoft bringing Mass Effect (and hopefully the other two) to the new console is a great thing, but really after going through all three with well over 100 hours total, I quickly got, impatient with the games. I would try to restart with a new character in the first and just get so upset and want to just skip to three where the cool armor and weapons were. Mass Effect one and two proved to be extremely tedious in their own ways.

Not to mention, I downloaded some of the DLC for three which included that N7 machine gun with the guard plate. That thing's spool up rate of fire is atrocious and made me distance myself from it. Then when they returned the original inifinite ammo assault rifle with the Citadel DLC, I fell in love with the lack of need for clips and that amazing sound.

I wonder if the DLC will carry over as well.

My Ons & Offs

consortium11

Quote from: Inkidu on June 24, 2015, 09:45:44 PMBarring that total oddball time-travel BS of Fallout 2, which I promptly ignore. In fact, I ignore most of the wackiness of Fallout 2. :|

The time portal in Fallout 2 is a pretty clear easter egg (and one of the many references to Star Trek); I think pretty much everyone treats them as non-canon.

Quote from: Mathim on June 24, 2015, 11:46:55 PM
Vault 13 was where the Courier from New Vegas came from, wasn't it? Or did they get the Vault 13 Canteen from someone/somewhere else? I always wondered why that wasn't one of the visit-able vaults in NV.

The Courier's background beyond being a courier and thus having traveled a lot is never really revealed and there's no hint that he's from a Vault at all, let alone Vault 13. As for the canteen/jumpsuit they were a pre-order bonus/DLC weren't they? As such I take them as largely non-canon. Beyond that one can easily think of reasons why they'd have made their way into the hands of someone who travelled widely; Vault 13 was abandoned 40 years prior to New Vegas starting and it's not unreasonable to think that the inhabitants traded away some of their goods in the intervening period.

As for why you don't visit it, Vault 13 is located at Mount Whitney in California while New Vegas is set in Nevada. The closest location in New Vegas to it is Jacobstown (set in the equivalent of Mount Charleston). The distance between the two locations is about 230 miles in real world terms; to include it as a location you'd have to massively expand the map in New Vegas.

Quote from: Mathim on June 24, 2015, 11:46:55 PMAnd new monsters, too. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Deathclaws and Super Mutants (could have used a few more in NV, Fallout 3 had way more plentiful of the latter) but I don't want just more Lake/Mirelurks which are kind of the only other thing that really poses any threat outside of DLC missions. Oh, and I want Behemoths back. Hell, I want different species of Behemoths. Forget Legendary versions, I want a Deathclaw so enormous it eats its own smaller brethren and resorts to smashing rather than clawing despite having claws. The games always lacked boss battles, so these would make for some interesting pseudo-boss battles.

Bethesda haven't exactly been that original when it comes to creating things for Fallout; the Enclave were rehashed as the major enemy (and a major power) in Fallout 3 despite it being pretty bizarre for them to be there, they did much the same with Super Mutants and the Brotherhood of Steel and almost all the mutated creatures in three were things that already existed in previous games. I think much the same will probably happen in 4, although changing to Massachusetts does give access to more creatures to mutate.

I'm also not sure I'd agree that the games lack bosses. Fallout had Garl, Gizmo, Decker, the Deathclaw at the Hub, Lou and the Master. Fallout 2 had the Rat God, Metzger, Frog Morton, the "Mother" Wanamingo, the various family heads in New Reno, Melchoir and Frank Horrigan. Fallout 3 had the aforementioned Behemoths and a host of characters who fit into the "boss" mould. New Vegas had Lanius/General Oliver, the Fiends, the legendary deathclaw/night stalker/cazadore and the Overseer in Vault 34. They may not all be the "OMG it's a huge monster" style bosses that the Behemoths are but I think they still count as boss fights.

Quote from: Mikem on June 25, 2015, 01:24:28 AMMicrosoft bringing Mass Effect (and hopefully the other two) to the new console is a great thing, but really after going through all three with well over 100 hours total, I quickly got, impatient with the games. I would try to restart with a new character in the first and just get so upset and want to just skip to three where the cool armor and weapons were. Mass Effect one and two proved to be extremely tedious in their own ways.

It'll be great if they can get them to a playable state; Mass Effect 1 was never a particularly stable performer on Microsoft's console but in the demo they did they were hitting 10 frames a second in places; that's a woeful frame rate for a game played on the original X-Box, let alone an X-Box One.

I quite like going back to the original Mass Effect just due to the differences in combat. Two and Three play far closer to Gears of War with magic powers but the unlimited ammo in the original gave it a different pace and tone; slightly quicker and more fluid with more emphasis on aggressive bursts of action.

Mathim

Quote from: consortium11 on June 25, 2015, 06:23:56 AM
The time portal in Fallout 2 is a pretty clear easter egg (and one of the many references to Star Trek); I think pretty much everyone treats them as non-canon.

The Courier's background beyond being a courier and thus having traveled a lot is never really revealed and there's no hint that he's from a Vault at all, let alone Vault 13. As for the canteen/jumpsuit they were a pre-order bonus/DLC weren't they? As such I take them as largely non-canon. Beyond that one can easily think of reasons why they'd have made their way into the hands of someone who travelled widely; Vault 13 was abandoned 40 years prior to New Vegas starting and it's not unreasonable to think that the inhabitants traded away some of their goods in the intervening period.

As for why you don't visit it, Vault 13 is located at Mount Whitney in California while New Vegas is set in Nevada. The closest location in New Vegas to it is Jacobstown (set in the equivalent of Mount Charleston). The distance between the two locations is about 230 miles in real world terms; to include it as a location you'd have to massively expand the map in New Vegas.

Bethesda haven't exactly been that original when it comes to creating things for Fallout; the Enclave were rehashed as the major enemy (and a major power) in Fallout 3 despite it being pretty bizarre for them to be there, they did much the same with Super Mutants and the Brotherhood of Steel and almost all the mutated creatures in three were things that already existed in previous games. I think much the same will probably happen in 4, although changing to Massachusetts does give access to more creatures to mutate.

I'm also not sure I'd agree that the games lack bosses. Fallout had Garl, Gizmo, Decker, the Deathclaw at the Hub, Lou and the Master. Fallout 2 had the Rat God, Metzger, Frog Morton, the "Mother" Wanamingo, the various family heads in New Reno, Melchoir and Frank Horrigan. Fallout 3 had the aforementioned Behemoths and a host of characters who fit into the "boss" mould. New Vegas had Lanius/General Oliver, the Fiends, the legendary deathclaw/night stalker/cazadore and the Overseer in Vault 34. They may not all be the "OMG it's a huge monster" style bosses that the Behemoths are but I think they still count as boss fights.

It'll be great if they can get them to a playable state; Mass Effect 1 was never a particularly stable performer on Microsoft's console but in the demo they did they were hitting 10 frames a second in places; that's a woeful frame rate for a game played on the original X-Box, let alone an X-Box One.

I quite like going back to the original Mass Effect just due to the differences in combat. Two and Three play far closer to Gears of War with magic powers but the unlimited ammo in the original gave it a different pace and tone; slightly quicker and more fluid with more emphasis on aggressive bursts of action.

I never knew there was that much info about the Courier/Vault 13 but that's interesting. I guess with how unpredictable all the Vaults were, it makes sense. I would like there to be a Fallout set in California eventually, maybe Los Angeles or something, or somewhere along the coast so you could get a glimpse of the post-apocalyptic ocean and not just the Potomac or Mead.

I wouldn't agree about the boss battles in anything post Fallout 2 since 4 times out of 5, the Behemoths are in extremely bad places as far as having any strategic advantage over the player. Most of the time they're fenced in or in areas where there are easy hiding places where their size will prevent them from hurting you but from which you can take cheap potshots at them and take them down with enough patience and not break a sweat. Or you'll have so much backup to help deal with them that by the time you get to them, they'll have no more health than a normal Super Mutant or Brute and can be taken down with no real trouble. The Legendary versions of things like Cazadors and Night Stalkers are hardly any more challenging than their ordinary counterparts, and the Legendary Deathclaw is no more difficult than one of the Alpha Males or Mothers when you get down to it. I rarely feel the same tension as when I go up against one of the bosses from any of the pre-Resident Evil 4 games.

One thing I thought would have been better is, since you get a camera from someone for a mission during your visit to New Vegas, there could have been more stuff to do with it, like taking actual visual evidence of such Legendary creatures or other oddities and whatnot. I hope something similar occurs in Fallout 4. There seems to be a lot of healthy skepticism amongst certain individuals and groups, it would be neat to circulate proof positive about the existence of places or monsters that most believe don't exist. Having to survive long enough to get a good photo of something deadly would make it feel more challenging and boss-battle-ish. But the guy from Bethesda did say they wanted to make player freedom a top priority so there's little chance they'll fence you in for a traditional style boss battle.

Fire ants, scorpions and mantises are good bugs to have (although the Mantises didn't have a Queen version like the others as far as I know) but I want more. What other giant creepy-crawlies would make a good threat for the new game? Centipedes/millipedes come to mind after seeing King Kong (or playing Parasite Eve). Any other good ideas?

wander

Kinda dismayed noone is talking about this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhseWPWYPBA

Or this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtgNUFSoHv8

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is pretty much the only game I know I'm going to be buying, no matter what and on the day of release for those sweet bonuses too. :)

consortium11

Quote from: Mathim on June 25, 2015, 09:45:43 AM
I never knew there was that much info about the Courier/Vault 13 but that's interesting. I guess with how unpredictable all the Vaults were, it makes sense.

There's not a huge amount of background on the Courier outside of him being a courier... and most of the stuff on that is brief asides as opposed to detailed information. Vault 13 was a major part of two games; it's understandable that there'd be a lot of information on it out there.

Quote from: Mathim on June 25, 2015, 09:45:43 AMI would like there to be a Fallout set in California eventually, maybe Los Angeles or something, or somewhere along the coast so you could get a glimpse of the post-apocalyptic ocean and not just the Potomac or Mead.

I don't want to come across as sarcastic or dismissive here, but there have already been games set in California; Fallout 1 and 2 (although 2 also includes southern Oregon). Likewise Los Angeles has also been covered; it's the Boneyard. You also get to visit the coast and see the sea, notably when you go to San Francisco in Fallout 2 and then on to the Enclave's oil rig.

Inkidu

It'd be nice to go back, but not now with the NCR basically making life as good as new.

I liked playing Fallout 1 but I doubt it'll ever get a remake. It's just... not there... it's sort of perfect in its own time. You know with Wasteland 2 there was room to go and grow, but Fallout has so much of an aura around it.

The Master remains one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen.

Places I'd like to see Fallout games in:

St. Louis, Chicago, New Orleans, New York, Seattle, Dallas, Alaska, Michigan, Montana, and the Dakotas.

Mathim

Quote from: consortium11 on June 25, 2015, 10:58:50 AM
There's not a huge amount of background on the Courier outside of him being a courier... and most of the stuff on that is brief asides as opposed to detailed information. Vault 13 was a major part of two games; it's understandable that there'd be a lot of information on it out there.

I don't want to come across as sarcastic or dismissive here, but there have already been games set in California; Fallout 1 and 2 (although 2 also includes southern Oregon). Likewise Los Angeles has also been covered; it's the Boneyard. You also get to visit the coast and see the sea, notably when you go to San Francisco in Fallout 2 and then on to the Enclave's oil rig.

I also don't want to come across as dismissive (don't exactly have much of a choice now) but I've seen how those games look and what the gameplay is like so honestly, the fact that Fallout 3/New Vegas/4 are named after the first two is pretty much nothing more than a joke to me. Kind of like how every generation of Super Mario games has no bearing whatsoever on any others, which makes it easy to ignore the fact that there's no story to pay attention to or that certain elements are shared and others omitted. I like to just pretend the first two Fallout games don't exist since they're nothing like these newer versions and I never would have gotten into the series in the first place if they hadn't diverged so drastically (and honestly, if they ever did remake them in the style of the current games, do you think everything will remain the 'same'?) Unlike Super Mario, where all the games are awesome in every generation. I mean, you can't go from 'static RPG' to 'RPG plugged into FPS engine' and expect there to be any similarity left between the two generations. But as I keep beating the dead Yoshi, Mario's always a platformer at heart, whether 2D or 3D. Even the RPGs of it are pretty similar to that style. But I digest, end of rant.

I've never played too far into the MGS series, the first one was very irritating in that on what I assume was the second level where you're in that snowy base at night and you sneak into the vents, it's so damn dark I can't see where the hell I'm going and can't figure out where I'm supposed to go or how to get there. Kind of a tragic way to turn me off of the series but I'm not skipping any games where the story is that complex. Or does it matter, those of you who are MGS fans?

Mikem

Quote from: consortium11 on June 25, 2015, 06:23:56 AM

I do agree, Mass Effect one did always seem suggish, but never enough so to seem unplayable to me anyway, I just adapted to how it moved. I never knew exactly how many frames I was getting. But the combat system getting a major overhaul (which they wont do) would be very nice. My weapon of choice through the entire game was either the Assault Rifle or the Shotgun. Sniper Rifle? Bounced all over the screen and I rarely if ever used powers if my class had them. Basically I played as a Tank in the first.

Then Two came around and my playstyle switched up. I started experimenting with class powers, and even made a Vanguard character once. Biotics. <3 I still spammed the AR and Shotgun though, the Geth Shotgun proving amazing which I always equipped my squadmates with. One thing that bugged the living Hell out of me was, they never modeled the characters to hold the SMGs with BOTH hands. And I'm not talking both hands on the trigger, I mean one trigger and one on the barrel grip, like a normal person would do. Holding an SMG like a Pistol? Are you asking for bullet spray?

QuotePlaces I'd like to see Fallout games in:

St. Louis, Chicago, New Orleans, New York, Seattle, Dallas, Alaska, Michigan, Montana, and the Dakotas.

Heehee, I live near Seattle. Yeah, we'd totally get nuked at least once but I'm well outside the blast radius of a downtown hit. Alaska would be an interesting landscape, considering there's nothing up there of strategic importance. I wouldn't waste a bomb on Anchorage.

My Ons & Offs

CuriousEyes

I'd be curious to see other parts of the world entirely - maybe how some of the European powers have fared since the Great War, or China, etc.

Mathim

Quote from: Mikem on June 25, 2015, 11:44:30 AM
I do agree, Mass Effect one did always seem suggish, but never enough so to seem unplayable to me anyway, I just adapted to how it moved. I never knew exactly how many frames I was getting. But the combat system getting a major overhaul (which they wont do) would be very nice. My weapon of choice through the entire game was either the Assault Rifle or the Shotgun. Sniper Rifle? Bounced all over the screen and I rarely if ever used powers if my class had them. Basically I played as a Tank in the first.

Then Two came around and my playstyle switched up. I started experimenting with class powers, and even made a Vanguard character once. Biotics. <3 I still spammed the AR and Shotgun though, the Geth Shotgun proving amazing which I always equipped my squadmates with. One thing that bugged the living Hell out of me was, they never modeled the characters to hold the SMGs with BOTH hands. And I'm not talking both hands on the trigger, I mean one trigger and one on the barrel grip, like a normal person would do. Holding an SMG like a Pistol? Are you asking for bullet spray?

Heehee, I live near Seattle. Yeah, we'd totally get nuked at least once but I'm well outside the blast radius of a downtown hit. Alaska would be an interesting landscape, considering there's nothing up there of strategic importance. I wouldn't waste a bomb on Anchorage.

You forget, Fallout's in an alternate timeline and Alaska was invaded by the Chinese, so the U.S. itself probably wouldn't be shy about an 'if we can't have it, no one can' assault on its own 51st state. Still, more snow than just what was on the way to Jacobstown in New Vegas would be fun. I'd love to see some ice-borne mutations as new threats in the wasteland, wherever they happen to be geographically.

Also, I forgot to ask but does the post-apocalyptic wasteland never get rain anymore? I would assume it's all radioactive like all the water in the D.C. area but did the nuclear explosions make it so that the clouds don't form together to make rain anymore or does the game just not have rain programmed in? Or is there rain in the games and I just somehow missed/forgot seeing it?

Mikem

Quote from: Mathim on June 25, 2015, 11:53:02 AM
Also, I forgot to ask but does the post-apocalyptic wasteland never get rain anymore? I would assume it's all radioactive like all the water in the D.C. area but did the nuclear explosions make it so that the clouds don't form together to make rain anymore or does the game just not have rain programmed in? Or is there rain in the games and I just somehow missed/forgot seeing it?

A lot of games just don't program incelement weather patterns in. Either to not have it too taxing on the performance or just an after thought. I know the Devs of Planetside 2 could give two shits about weather. But then again that game can hardly run as is. When I saw rain and snow fall in Skyrim I nearly shit my pants it was so pretty.

My Ons & Offs

consortium11

In Fallout 1, 2 and 3 the engine and devs basically couldn't handle rainfall without tanking performance. They handwave it somewhat by saying that immediately after the war there was 90 days of heavy nuclear rainfall which killed everything and ever since it's been a nuclear summer. As far as I can remember the only time rain is seen in the Fallout universe is in Honest Hearts where there is actually some rain.

Mathim

Quote from: consortium11 on June 25, 2015, 12:37:18 PM
In Fallout 1, 2 and 3 the engine and devs basically couldn't handle rainfall without tanking performance. They handwave it somewhat by saying that immediately after the war there was 90 days of heavy nuclear rainfall which killed everything and ever since it's been a nuclear summer. As far as I can remember the only time rain is seen in the Fallout universe is in Honest Hearts where there is actually some rain.

Okay, I only played just a teeny bit of Honest Hearts by accident (I wasn't sure if I could come back to the Mojave from there so I had to stop) but didn't see any rain, that'll be something to look forward to once I get to that point. I'm just saying, Fallout has the perfect excuse for not programming in rain, as it would be murderously bad for anyone caught out in it. They'd have radiation sickness in minutes (and I'm talking in-game minutes, not real-world minutes).

But it would be fun for things like quicksand, strong winds and such to be part of the games too, just to make things interesting. Maybe a water cannon or something that certain places will have that hostiles can shoot at you. I like unconventional weapons and non-sentient threats sometimes too.

Also, don't know if this was from E3 but this was just too good not to make known:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5sJrLw6X0o

wander

QuoteKind of a tragic way to turn me off of the series but I'm not skipping any games where the story is that complex. Or does it matter, those of you who are MGS fans?

V is the continuation of the story started in Metal Gear Solid 3, which is a prequel set in the mid 60s. Whilst there are some nods to what would develop in the present, you don't lose anything for not knowing that.

The story continues to Peace Walker, set 10 years later in the mid-70s. Its hard to recommend it to a non-MGS fan because of its availability, it's on the PSP with fiddly controls or vastly improved on the home consoles, but included in the HD collections and Legacy Collections. That said, I firmly believe Peace Walker HD and using console controls is worth the price of the HD collection alone (you get MGS2 and MGS3 in there too, along with the original MSX games of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 in the MGS3 menu). The collection can be bought for cheap fairly easy these days (around £20), bear in mind it has effectively five games on it.

Snake's story basically ran from MGS1, 2 and 4.
The games also detail Big Boss' story, which is all set before MGS1; MGS3, Peace Walker, Ground Zeroes and it will end in MGS5, showing how he becomes the villian shown in the original Metal Gear on the MSX.

I'd recommend anyone who wants in on MGS5 to grab the HD collection for as cheap as they can and concentrate the most on MGS3 and Peace Walker. I'm fairly sure Ground Zeroes is now free on certain networks too and this acts as a 'pre opening credits Bond mission' for the rest of MGS5.

Mathim

Quote from: wander on June 25, 2015, 09:51:49 PM
V is the continuation of the story started in Metal Gear Solid 3, which is a prequel set in the mid 60s. Whilst there are some nods to what would develop in the present, you don't lose anything for not knowing that.

The story continues to Peace Walker, set 10 years later in the mid-70s. Its hard to recommend it to a non-MGS fan because of its availability, it's on the PSP with fiddly controls or vastly improved on the home consoles, but included in the HD collections and Legacy Collections. That said, I firmly believe Peace Walker HD and using console controls is worth the price of the HD collection alone (you get MGS2 and MGS3 in there too, along with the original MSX games of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 in the MGS3 menu). The collection can be bought for cheap fairly easy these days (around £20), bear in mind it has effectively five games on it.

Snake's story basically ran from MGS1, 2 and 4.
The games also detail Big Boss' story, which is all set before MGS1; MGS3, Peace Walker, Ground Zeroes and it will end in MGS5, showing how he becomes the villian shown in the original Metal Gear on the MSX.

I'd recommend anyone who wants in on MGS5 to grab the HD collection for as cheap as they can and concentrate the most on MGS3 and Peace Walker. I'm fairly sure Ground Zeroes is now free on certain networks too and this acts as a 'pre opening credits Bond mission' for the rest of MGS5.

Okay, you've talked me out of it. I'll just read the plot descriptions on wikipedia. I don't really have the patience for those kind of stealth games anyway.

SinXAzgard21

http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/17/final-fantasy-vii-remake-interview-e3-2015/

Interview with Tetsuya Nomura, the last question he answers, I feel confirms the old ATB system being gone.

Mathim

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 27, 2015, 10:14:04 PM
http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/17/final-fantasy-vii-remake-interview-e3-2015/

Interview with Tetsuya Nomura, the last question he answers, I feel confirms the old ATB system being gone.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

That totally ruins the suspense in the concluding battle with Sephiroth while Cloud's Limit Break meter builds up so he can Omnislash that fucker.

Why remake a JRPG if you're going to turn it into something that's not a JRPG?

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Mathim on June 28, 2015, 08:37:36 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

That totally ruins the suspense in the concluding battle with Sephiroth while Cloud's Limit Break meter builds up so he can Omnislash that fucker.

Maybe it will mesh well with the other changes they are making? Lets give these guys some credit they are the ones working on it.

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Mathim on June 28, 2015, 08:37:36 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

FF has been trying to break away from the classic turn base genre on the newer consoles. You will see that they have more and more push the combat systems in different directions. 10 > below were still turn base.
Twelve(or eleven or whichever one that was the last PS2 one) & Thirteen were a bit more quick action turn base.

Some later generations of Thirteen were bit more live action.
Final Fantasy Type 0 is live action.
The demo of the newest FF(amazing combat by the way) that came with the day 1 edition of Type 0 is fully live action.

It is only safe to assume that FFVII remade will be live action, it would not make sense for outdated turn base mechanics to fall on a new gen console.

Edit: Though I think Square Enix needs to get its game making priorites straight. Between KH3, FF(whatever the name is for it, it has change from so many different names, Versus, is that still the title) and FFVII being remastered, I doubt any of them will be coming soon if the creator keeps flip flopping around.

Mathim

Quote from: Lustful Bride on June 28, 2015, 09:58:19 AM
Maybe it will mesh well with the other changes they are making? Lets give these guys some credit they are the ones working on it.

It's not an HD remake if they're changing way more than just the graphics. It's going to be an entirely different game so they can't very well call it Final Fantasy VII, can they? That's all I'm saying. The way the game was before was practically perfect. Changing the soul of the game doesn't feel faithful.

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Mathim on June 28, 2015, 11:29:20 AM
It's not an HD remake if they're changing way more than just the graphics. It's going to be an entirely different game so they can't very well call it Final Fantasy VII, can they? That's all I'm saying. The way the game was before was practically perfect. Changing the soul of the game doesn't feel faithful.

Maybe they will remake it into what it was going to originally be

QuoteSeries creator Hironobu Sakaguchi originally planned for the story to take place in New York in the year 1999, and as such, the original script of Final Fantasy VII, which was written by Sakaguchi, was completely different from the finished product. Tetsuya Nomura recalled how Sakaguchi "wanted to do something like a detective story." The first part of the story involved a "hot blooded" character named "Detective Joe" who was in pursuit of the main characters, after they had blown up the city of Midgar, which had already been developed for the story.[37] The final scenario was written by Kazushige Nojima and Yoshinori Kitase, based on the story by Sakaguchi and Nomura.[38] Masato Kato was brought into the project later and wrote three scenes for the game.[39]

:3

I want to play as Detective Joe.

SinXAzgard21

Final Fantasy 15 is basically running through an open beta with their demo.  Currently it has just been updated adding more content and updates in which SE took from the community. 

Quote from: Mathim on June 28, 2015, 11:29:20 AM

It is a remake if they are changing things, remaster would not be involve changing anything.

Combat to the game was not the soul, saying that means that the story was utter shit and even by then the combat was dated.  Legend of Dragoon and Legend of Legaia had much better combat and the Tales Of series is a JRPG and has had action combat from the start.  Standing in a line is dated and I feel the only one that really pulls it off anymore is the Persona series as you have a lot to do other than mash X like in FFVII. 

If you want the original combat they are remastering the PC port for PS4, you'll be blocky Cloud and stand in a line.  This is a Remake of the entire game, Nomura plans on keeping all of the story elements and silly things that happen in the game, but the combat must change to bring in a new audience.   Lets face it, this isn't because the fans wanted it, this is going to print a lot of money out.

Mathim

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 28, 2015, 01:06:15 PM
Final Fantasy 15 is basically running through an open beta with their demo.  Currently it has just been updated adding more content and updates in which SE took from the community. 

It is a remake if they are changing things, remaster would not be involve changing anything.

Combat to the game was not the soul, saying that means that the story was utter shit and even by then the combat was dated.  Legend of Dragoon and Legend of Legaia had much better combat and the Tales Of series is a JRPG and has had action combat from the start.  Standing in a line is dated and I feel the only one that really pulls it off anymore is the Persona series as you have a lot to do other than mash X like in FFVII. 

If you want the original combat they are remastering the PC port for PS4, you'll be blocky Cloud and stand in a line.  This is a Remake of the entire game, Nomura plans on keeping all of the story elements and silly things that happen in the game, but the combat must change to bring in a new audience.   Lets face it, this isn't because the fans wanted it, this is going to print a lot of money out.

Replaying the game when you know the story backwards and forwards mean it's the combat and stuff that keeps you around. There's something addicting about mastering Materia and learning all the limit breaks. And every time I see a PS3 version of something that came out on the PS2 originally in an 'HD' version, like Jak & Daxter collection, Final Fantasy X/X-2, or even Kingdom Hearts 1.5, I feel bummed that the greatest game I've ever played never got that. Now that it's due, they're seemingly taking way too many diverging paths. I want to feel like I'm playing the same game. This won't let me do that. I'm not into RPGs because of what they're doing with them now. I'm into them because of what they were and what I feel made them great.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Mathim on June 28, 2015, 01:14:03 PM
Replaying the game when you know the story backwards and forwards mean it's the combat and stuff that keeps you around. There's something addicting about mastering Materia and learning all the limit breaks. And every time I see a PS3 version of something that came out on the PS2 originally in an 'HD' version, like Jak & Daxter collection, Final Fantasy X/X-2, or even Kingdom Hearts 1.5, I feel bummed that the greatest game I've ever played never got that. Now that it's due, they're seemingly taking way too many diverging paths. I want to feel like I'm playing the same game. This won't let me do that. I'm not into RPGs because of what they're doing with them now. I'm into them because of what they were and what I feel made them great.

The only point they are currently taking away is the standing in a line and jumping to an enemy then back to their spot.  The original is there if you want to play the same game.  Story is going to be the same, cross-dressing Cloud will most likely be there. 

Drake Valentine

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 28, 2015, 01:19:14 PM
The only point they are currently taking away is the standing in a line and jumping to an enemy then back to their spot.  The original is there if you want to play the same game.  Story is going to be the same, cross-dressing Cloud will most likely be there.

http://nerdreactor.com/2015/06/22/cross-dressing-ffviis-cloud/

SinXAzgard21

Drake Valentine

Any who, actually looking forward to Disgaea 5 hitting US. Least it will always be tactical turn base.

Game Demo showing off some of the unit skills

Edit: Also is it me or does the main dude look a bit like Laharl?

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Drake Valentine on June 28, 2015, 01:37:42 PM
Any who, actually looking forward to Disgaea 5 hitting US. Least it will always be tactical turn base.

Game Demo showing off some of the unit skills

They have a collector edition with a bunch of physical goodies.

Mathim

Any news of a real, non-handheld sequel to Final Fantasy Tactics on the horizon?

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Mathim on June 28, 2015, 05:11:21 PM
Any news of a real, non-handheld sequel to Final Fantasy Tactics on the horizon?

I rather see a sequel or remake to Ogre Tactics.

Inkidu

Honestly, I don't think Square has been successful in leaving the ATB/Turn format. I found 12 and 13 incredibly boring to have to play the battle systems. They were basically all the monotony of watching the same animation in the ATB/Turn format without the tactical reliability. :P

Mathim

Quote from: Inkidu on June 28, 2015, 05:50:12 PM
Honestly, I don't think Square has been successful in leaving the ATB/Turn format. I found 12 and 13 incredibly boring to have to play the battle systems. They were basically all the monotony of watching the same animation in the ATB/Turn format without the tactical reliability. :P

I don't know about their success, I just know I stopped playing any further FF games after X-2. Maybe if they changed the battle system in certain places, like in Gold Saucer's Battle Square or something, they could blend that in. Otherwise I like my turn-based commands.

Mikem

Quote from: Drake Valentine on June 28, 2015, 01:37:42 PM

That scantily clad girl has revolver pistols that fire round bullets out of heart shaped barrels. Oh Anime, you know I love you.

I know Bethesda is putting all their effort into Fallout this time, but really I'm more interested in the Elder Scrolls. I could just go and buy Oblivion when I'm done with Skyrim, but I'd like to know if they have any future plans past their Tamriel Unlimited MMO. I'm not one for a massive multiplayer game, even if the Elder Scrolls is an awesome universe.

My Ons & Offs

Inkidu

Bethesda doesn't work on ESO, that's Zennimax.

So yeah, Elder Scrolls VI is coming. Give it a year or two.

Mathim

Quote from: Inkidu on June 28, 2015, 09:00:04 PM
Bethesda doesn't work on ESO, that's Zennimax.

So yeah, Elder Scrolls VI is coming. Give it a year or two.

Once I get bored with Fallout New Vegas (fat chance) or at least finish with it to the point there's nothing left to unlock/accomplish, I'm popping in that Oblivion I just bought with all the DLC on the disc. If I like it enough I'll get Skyrim too. But for the moment I'm more jonesing for a new Fallout than a new Elder Scrolls.

Inkidu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RonqT9ZWLdk

This is for what I'm jonesing. :3

I need to kill aliens, I need to steal their stuff, I need to reverse engineer it, I need to repeat. *scratches arm*

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Inkidu on June 28, 2015, 09:59:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RonqT9ZWLdk

This is for what I'm jonesing. :3

I need to kill aliens, I need to steal their stuff, I need to reverse engineer it, I need to repeat. *scratches arm*

I really hope we get to get an alien switch over to our side, maybe like Sectoids who are considered obsolete by the Ethereals. And that's how they can justify Human/Sectoid hybrids in a future game, like in Xcom Apocalypse.

Inkidu

Aliens can make friends with my bullets. They took over my planet. >:[

Mathim

Has there ever been a Resident Evil style game where you play the role of the Umbrella side, controlling the B.O.W.'s and mercs and such to kill the innocent witnesses and law enforcement trying to stop you? If not they should make a game like that. I know there's things like Alien: Colonial Marines where you play as the monsters but being a human mastermind behind a big scheme like that would be a little more satisfying.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Mathim on June 28, 2015, 10:50:10 PM
Has there ever been a Resident Evil style game where you play the role of the Umbrella side, controlling the B.O.W.'s and mercs and such to kill the innocent witnesses and law enforcement trying to stop you? If not they should make a game like that. I know there's things like Alien: Colonial Marines where you play as the monsters but being a human mastermind behind a big scheme like that would be a little more satisfying.

Was I the only one wishing that Op Racoon city had gone all out with its AU setting? I had more fun playing as the special forces in that, I wish we had seen the Marines, Rangers air force, etc etc trying ot take back the city.

I wanted to see real soldiers showing those umbrella goons what its like to fight someone who can hit back just as hard as they could. I wanted APCs fighting hunters and an A-10 attacking Nemesis.

Seriosuly think about it, that's a real conspiracy, The army wins and looks good, and Umbrella gets all the combat data they need and sells vaccines and all other defensive measures to the US in public while some BOWs under the table.

I feel like they really missed an opportunity there.

Mathim

Quote from: Lustful Bride on June 28, 2015, 10:58:07 PM
Was I the only one wishing that Op Racoon city had gone all out with its AU setting? I had more fun playing as the special forces in that, I wish we had seen the Marines, Rangers air force, etc etc trying ot take back the city.

I wanted to see real soldiers showing those umbrella goons what its like to fight someone who can hit back just as hard as they could. I wanted APCs fighting hunters and an A-10 attacking Nemesis.

Seriosuly think about it, that's a real conspiracy, The army wins and looks good, and Umbrella gets all the combat data they need and sells vaccines and all other defensive measures to the US in public while some BOWs under the table.

I feel like they really missed an opportunity there.

Well the power of retcon is only so strong. As is the corporate brain.

Mikem

Quote from: Lustful Bride on June 28, 2015, 10:58:07 PM

AH-64 Apache's, F-22 Raptorss, M2A2 Bradley's oh my.

My Ons & Offs

consortium11

Quote from: Mathim on June 28, 2015, 10:50:10 PM

It's not really a Resident Evil style survival horror/action horror game (it's more of an open world with super powers) but the Prototype series has you playing as essentially a still human looking and intelligent B.O.W fighting against other B.O.W type things, the military/police and general civilians.

There's also the classics Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2. They're management games set in a fantasy world where you play the "Dungeon Master", constructing an underground dungeon which you fill with various evil creatures, fighting off heroic adventurers who try to defeat you. They're obviously showing their age graphically (and while there have been remakes or heavily "inspired by" games more recently most don't quite hold up) and are a fantasy rather than semi-horror setting but they're both absolutely brilliant.

Inkidu

Wasn't there a HUNK campaign in one of the games?

Mathim

I'm talking about something where, at any time, you can switch between controlling groups or individuals of your B.O.W.-type monsters and agents and such from your supervillain control center during some kind of Raccoon City style blitzkrieg of carnage. Where the good guys may be formidable but just shy of having serious military backup due to time constraints or communication outage. And with contemporary or at least PS2-level graphical capabilities.

Drake Valentine

Mathim

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Drake Valentine on June 30, 2015, 09:25:56 PM

January's reveal of the HD remaster of the PC port was a glorious troll. 

Drake Valentine

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on July 01, 2015, 12:54:16 AM
January's reveal of the HD remaster of the PC port was a glorious troll.

If I am not mistaken, they also trolled their Chrono fanbase at some point with a tease of possible remake but it was something else. Along with trolling KH and other FF fans of games that were mobile ports instead. ;o

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Drake Valentine on July 01, 2015, 05:38:04 PM

If I am not mistaken, they also trolled their Chrono fanbase at some point with a tease of possible remake but it was something else. Along with trolling KH and other FF fans of games that were mobile ports instead. ;o

Yeah, turned out to be the new hack n slash dragon quest game.  Was pretty funny.

Mikem

My Ons & Offs

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Mikem on July 05, 2015, 04:05:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAnRtMEDrvU

They're gonna make millions.

Yea, no.

I rather see Walking Dead Season 3 out than that. ;\

Inkidu

Civilization Beyond Earth: Rising Tide looks really good. Yeah, floating cities was in SMAC, but these can move! They actually move. You build an improvement that shifts it a tile, which is how it also grows its cultural borders. :3

Mikem

Quote from: Drake Valentine on July 05, 2015, 08:58:01 PM

Yea, no.

They're gonna make millions anyway. lol I saw the amount of backlash there was in the youtube comments, but Minecraft has an enormous player base. It's still going to be played, if not by hype than by curiosity.

My Ons & Offs