Working "Dirty" (brainstorming and interest check, Hollywood)

Started by AllieCat, April 13, 2011, 09:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllieCat

This is an idea for a bit of "future history", so to speak, for a game:

About twenty years ago Sandra Rourke was a fading star.. she was too old to get the prime action parts, not "seasoned" enough for the prime mature roles. She figured that after one or two more starring roles, she would become nothing more then another bit actress.. but she had the right idea for the right role at the right time.

The movie: "Dirty", the story of a prostitute looking for that one last trick to get out of working the streets, to latch on to a sugar daddy. And she threw herself into the role. So much so that when it came time for the key scene, Rourke convinced the director that for cinematic versillitude that they should film it as it was. Raw. THere would be no tape downs, or pouches, or anything. It would be as real as real could be. She went so far as to tell the producers that if it DIDN'T make the movie better, rawer, more real.. that she'd give back her percentage points and money for the movie.

It didn't hurt that she nailed the role, and the furor over an un-simulated sex scene helped make Dirty the first R rated movie in some time time to take in over $200 million. Sandra Rourke was suddenly the hottest actress in the world again (and very rich from the options). And the entertainment press had a new phrase... "Working Dirty", meaning having un-simulated sex on the silver screen.

There were imitators. Some went for the shock value.  The first lesbian scene. The first male/male scene. The first orgy scene. The first BDSM scene. But there was enough of them that were truly art that the Moral Majority lost its ability to kill such movies. Suddenly, a NC-17 rating was a positive, not a kiss of death.

So, two decades after Sandra Rourke started "Working Dirty", now there's a thought on which actors and actresses will be the next to work "Dirty". THere are some who do not. THere are others who will do it, only if they get the right offer, and there's some who thrive on the attention..

((Basically, looking for all types, for a Hollywood RP, basically negotiating, and working on movies, be they dirty or not, or even the backstage shenanigans needed to GET key roles.. Looking for thoughts, ways to adjust the world, or interest)

Kate

Astonaige

Qt

rahatngt

Very much of an interesting an original idea. Hollywood fantasies are common but such twist I have never heard of and the world play .. "Dirty" the movie name and "working dirty" is just fabulous.

I'm not sure why it didn't get picked up by others and thanks to Kate for bumping it with a reply making me notice :)

I can think of so many options and plots in the game. So many details to define. Formost is how much explicit was the scene. Nothing says that just because its real doesn't mean that would show much of genital or at least when the fucking is going on. Simply knowing that its not simulated would get an explosive following. So the question comes if the first one didn't show much did the followers showed them or not and when .. how the whole growth happened.

I wonder what happened when the first time an actress cum on screen while working dirty. Imagine the director extending the scene to capture that to her shock and embarrassment. How would the media react knowing that how far it went beyond just a job. How the demand would surge on the male performer for the next dirty movie. How the next director would make sure that an orgasm is part of the script, making the next actress agree to such intimacy. When would be first a full scale sex scene be put on screen.

Lets not forget the fun of negotiation the details of such scenes with an actress. The whole act of casting a male and female for such role. Some male performer being famous for being able to bring the passion out the ladies. The interview processing including intimate questions like sexual experience .. a view of the naked body etc. What if like Jessica Alba's topless shots .. working dirty becomes a way for young actress to show she is turning an adult.

So many options and details. Maybe Sandra is at early 40s still hot and sexy and returns with something shockingly new and fresh again. But what could that be?

[lost the last post with an E outage. Hopefully making sense still but a lil sleepy so :( ]

AllieCat

Good stuff.. :)

I've been doing the work thing, but, feel free to explore this, define it, and we can go from there :)

AllieCat

Some thoughts: Contrary to public belief, You have to be a better actor/actress in scenes that you're "Working Dirty", because not only do you have the emotional/body cues to work with for the scene, you're also in the middle of a very physically pleasurable session, and you have to not only go with the physical cues from THAT, but remember your lines, etcetera. (usually most "dirty" sessions are shot in few takes, just because of the problems with lubrication and the fact that you basically have to shut down the set for dirty scenes).

Just think of the potential for the GOSSIP rags to run with it.. Just as a real world example, imagine the hubub if one of Brangelina or TomKat were working dirty, or even just being offered "dirty" roles.

Probably the Bond films went dirty a few years after it became popular, after all, this is James Bond we're talking about..

rahatngt

I was just talking with Allie and there's just so much possibilities beyond just the sex.

Imagine the negotiation and casting bits once again. We were talking about a female spy action flick, the girl hiding from the thugs by burying her face in a stranger's lap in a glass elevator, blowing him and hiding in plain sight. Imagine the negotiation around the fact if the scene would to the male's orgasm or if she had to take it in her mouth or swallow. Imagine the gossip rags going wild if she happens to swallow even if it wasn't required per contract. Speculation if it was shocked action or she simply got too horny.

The type of scenes/plots. There's the cliche ones like poison ivy style, seductress going after the father, the husband .. the rich guy or the proverbial babysitter scenes, young girl and older men. A sweet young actress might find the babysitter role a way to say I'm grown up now. It could be one of those cheating affairs or blackmails.

Don't forget the James bond flicks. Kate .. I wonder if you would like to play a female villain dominating the bond .. something like the onatop moments ;)

Then of course the whole shooting of the dirty scene. The whole getting naked, exposing themselves to even the minimal crew. Re shooting cause he couldn't make her cum and discussing how they are doing it wrong by the director :P

There is just so much delicious dirty possibilities.

Elven Sex Goddess

Going to express interest in this,  been following the thread.    It  has so many possibilities for plot hooks.   As briefly suggested in opening posts.    From what an actor or actress would do to secure a role,  in networking (pimping)  themselves for choice movie roles.     To actually working dirty in  the role secured.   

Even  the possibility  a couple of players take on characters that are a power couple of Hollywood.   The variables that surround such plot hook.   (For example,  imagine if Brad secures a role before his counter part in the title roles is secured.   An then it is filled by Jennifer his ex is secured in the other role opposite in what is very dirty roles.     How does Angelina take this.)    Such things can be explored.   

Or your character is coming of age,  you turned eighteen.  You just had a long running show on a family network such as Disney.  I.E.  Miley Cyrus.    Your now eighteen and your ready to wet your feet in working dirty.    But your first role is through producers that are looking for maximum returns.   The script is not all that strong.   Yet knowing with the right combo of actor and actress  it be a money maker.   So as Miley is recruited.   Billy Ray Cyrus is recruited to playing the opposite role.   As he aspires to further his own acting career.    How do they handle it,   pull out of the roles.    Being blackballed in Hollywood is a sure way of a death to ones career. 

Or yet,  you just  been tagged to remake nine months.   Working dirty has taking on a whole new meaning.    No longer is the pillow stuffed under your clothes to effect being pregnant.    Your expected to become pregnant.   How many takes does it take.    Then carry the baby through out the movie.   Give live birth and it is captured for the movie.   An of course the father has to be co-star.   Because the both of you are contracted for the sequels two and three.    What effect does this have on your life outside of the role.   With your significant others.   From both angles,  the lead actress and actor of the movie.   The roles place upon you a double life.  Are you willing to take on such a role.   

CorruptingPower

I'm interested in this thread, and I'd probably want to play an actor/director. One of the things people have sort of been neglecting in this thread is some of the working conditions for making films like this. If a man's contractually obligated to cum on screen, how many takes will it take to get it right? How much better do sex comedies become when there's actual sex in them? (Remember Porky's? Or Screwballs? Or, hell, even Police Academy?) Also, how does one screen test for this kind of thing? How does a director interview people for consideration in his movie? I'd probably want to go the George Clooney style approach - when he's directing, he has a smaller part in the film for himself, and lets other people do some of the heavy work, but he also does big acting roles himself. And the process before and after the filming of the movie are just as interesting as the filming itself...
CP's List O' Ideas * CP's O/O's & Master Story List * CP's A/A's - Currently up to date on all posts 1/6/07

Mistress Sarah

rahatngt

Yeah .. but AllieCat doesn't seem to be around much. Though I see she is now around though :)

adifferenceinsize

Get out of my head, Allie!

With the exception of using a pushed ahead timeline vs. alternate history, you're really close to one of my favorite modern concepts.

Something I'm noticing from the replies here is a definite variety in film concepts. It's worth noting, then, that most likely rather than one uber-studio that caters to all whims, there should be a whole array of companies fighting for talent, with different philosophies of film. Big budget blockbuster pics with sex laden throughout nonchalantly, indie slice of life pieces, and everything in between.

I already know the character I'd love to play for this, but he requires a certain sort of setup to fit well. I might be able to play a producer if we need some 'heads' to get this rolling in a bigger way.

AllieCat

Now that I have returned, I was hoping to see what people thought about resurrecting this idea :)

rahatngt

I'm franky worried abuot doing a proper execution. But damn this plot is so unique and has such possibilities :)

Gose to think where he can fit in

AeonReflux

I'm totally on board with this! It sounds like it could be very big :) I am totally enamored with the pure idea of it all. I am already thinking of a perfect role for me if it makes it part the starting line :)