News:

Main Menu

Birthday Gifts

Started by LIAR, September 23, 2010, 12:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LIAR

What have been memorable gifts? I'm looking for ideas for children, teens, adults. What was a gift you absolutely loved? Hated? Unique?

Petrosity

The most recent gift I've absolutely adored was from my husband for my birthday. I got me an autograph from my favorite artist, Brian Froud, plus one of his artbooks. I don't know if I'll ever be able to get him something that amazing, but I'm gonna try. ;]

The worst gift of all time was from my father for christmas a few years ago. He gave me and my hubby a 10 LB bag of flour to help us start "storing food" and a tackle box. Wtf?
O/O's Updated 7/31/13 & A'n'A

Oniya

Quote from: Petrosity on September 23, 2010, 02:46:18 AM
The worst gift of all time was from my father for christmas a few years ago. He gave me and my hubby a 10 LB bag of flour to help us start "storing food" and a tackle box. Wtf?

I hope he gave you a vacuum-sealed container for it - that's a recipe for weevils right there, unless you bake a lot.

Best gift (so far):  New widescreen-flatscreen monitor as an early anniversary gift from my husband.

Worst gift: A coffee-table book about French Impressionism from my brother's wife.  (I got even - I gave her a triptych poster of Pre-Raphaelite art the next year.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Petrosity

Quote from: Oniya on September 23, 2010, 03:31:38 PM
Worst gift: A coffee-table book about French Impressionism from my brother's wife.  (I got even - I gave her a triptych poster of Pre-Raphaelite art the next year.)

That's awesome. Lol. And congrats on the tv. :]
O/O's Updated 7/31/13 & A'n'A

Saerrael

Quote from: Oniya on September 23, 2010, 03:31:38 PM
I hope he gave you a vacuum-sealed container for it - that's a recipe for weevils right there, unless you bake a lot.

Best gift (so far):  New widescreen-flatscreen monitor as an early anniversary gift from my husband.

I'll take that coffee-table book from you ♥ Mmmm, French Impressionism ♥

The best gift I ever got was a book on anatomics. And not with photos, but actually drawn in pencil. It aided me a lot and I still treasure it. I think I now have it for about 15 years, maybe longer.

Wolfy

Best Gift: Money. "Hey, I didn't know what to get you, but here's some money so you can pick it out yourself. :D"

Worst Gift: Clothes. "Hey, stop wearing those old rags. Here are some new clothes cause your wardrobe sucks. :D"

I think this is universal.

Brandon

The thing about gifts is, the happiness they give a person is built around the meaning of the gift. If its something they need or better yet something they like then its much more meaningful.

For example, I have an otaku friend (used to be a girlfriend) and one year I bought her a silk Kimono. She was so happy she was crying  ;D

If I knew more about the individuals then I could give ideas on what to get them. As a general rule though, money is always a good way to go. Then they can buy whatever they want or put it away
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Dunnuck

best gift (recently): 42 inch, hi def flat screen tv

worst gift (recentlu): a broken cup with a half eaten brownie and a few nickles in it. I shit you not.

Wolfy

Quote from: Dunnuck on September 24, 2010, 05:58:23 AM

worst gift (recentlu): a broken cup with a half eaten brownie and a few nickles in it. I shit you not.

O_o......Wow...what an Ass. (That person)

Dunnuck

Is actually really funny. He told me the story behind it LOL. Story is HILARIOUS

Caeli

Gifts that come from the heart are the best ones. Money's okay, but I always feel awkward receiving money from anybody except my parents or older relatives.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Beguile's Mistress

Gift cards to places that someone knows I like are fine.  I give gift cards a lot but always pair them with a small, inexpensive something like a small square of chocolate, a few tasty cookies or tucked in a fancy cup with cocoa mix and marshmallows.

The best gift ever was my cat Mina for my sixteenth birthday. 

The worst is so bad I don't want to think about it, let along talk about it.

Bubbles

From my point of view..you can give to the other person any small gift than can be in handy or just remarkable.As for me..this year I decided to begun to crochet[still at the beginning] and trying to make a scarf in two lovely colors.[red and black] for someone special.I think that something handmade has a cool and that"special aura" around it...since you are working on it and put all your effort and love into it.
I really think it will be an great Christmas gift or..even for bdays..now in the winter seasons.:as gloves,scarfs ~_~
A/AO/O's
No more RP's.I am swamped for now.