It's a bird! It's a Plane! ( f seeking m/f, f/f superhero)

Started by Letrie, March 04, 2012, 05:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Letrie

So, for some reason, I’ve been in the mood for something that involves superheroes lately.  I don’t know if it’s just watching the old cartoons or going to go see some of the more recent movies but I’ve been craving a superhero roleplay for a while now.  What I’m looking for is something plot-heavy dealing with all the dynamics superheroes have to face as they try to save the world and balance their civilian side.  I want something with a lot of drama, action, romance and even humor thrown in and I’m looking for something long-term.  I’m also really intereste in playing off relationships between characters whether they be the arch-nemesis vs. the hero or even two rivals trying to outdo the other.  What I’m most interested in playing is a cunning and seductive villainess who either spends her time messing with the hero’s mind to get what she wants or finds herself having to work together with the hero she so loved to torment.  What I am not looking for is anything smut-based.  I don’t want to play out a roleplay where it revolves around someone getting captured and raped/humiliated.   I also do not want to play anything canon.  I’m not looking for a pre-established world or any characters from Marvel or DC.  They should be our own unique creations. I’m looking for something with actual substance that can be built into an awesome story.

Anyway, here are some basic ideas I’ve been playing around with though I'd love to hear any other ideas anyone has regarding this topic:

CAT AND MOUSE:  They’ve been playing their game for a couple of years now and it doesn’t seem like it’s going to end anytime soon.  He’s sworn to protect the city and stop anyone who wishes to do it harm while she seems to love nothing more than getting in trouble.  It’s always been the same, really, she pulls off grand heist or dangerous plan and he’s always lurking in the shadows waiting to stop her at the last minute.  They fight, they taunt, they scratch, they tease but somehow she always gets away and he’s left there waiting until next time.  I’m either thinking of a plot that centers around their various meetings and battles or one where a common enemy forces them to team up.  It would also be interesting if they know about the other’s secret identity or only one does.

THE ULTIMATUM:  To say they were rivals would be an understatement.  They did everything they could to show the other up and prove that they were the better superhero.  Given their separate locations, their paths didn’t cross much but when they did it seemed as if chaos followed their every step.  With sarcastic comments and insults they tried everything they could to get under the other’s skin and the Superhero Guild had just about enough of it.  They were given an ultimatum, either work together on a new mission or kiss their careers goodbye.  Now with a madman threatening to destroy the world can they finally put their differences aside and do their duty?

BIRDS OF PREY:  Anyone remember the old comics featuring the awesome team of superheroines who took on all those baddies and did so with style?  I’m actually looking for something kind of like this though with completely original characters.  If any romance happened, this would be a fxf roleplay and I’m looking for someone who plays female characters.  This could either be centered around two main characters or we could build up an entire team if we want to play multiple roles.

PLEASE PM ME IF INTERESTED AND DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD

eavatar

I am up for a Birds of Prey like game. I like to play female super heroines but not in distress situations. So are you going to use any system, or is that going to be totally free form?