American Horror Story-esque Role Play

Started by kasper, January 02, 2012, 09:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasper

I fell in love with this show and, more specifically Tate and Violet's relationship. I wouldn't mind doing a spin off of the show or maybe an alternate story line. I would like to play Tate's character, though this isn't completely necessary but preferred. Whoever is interested could play Violet or even an original character. We could use characters from the series as well as original characters we make up. I just think this would be very interesting to play a story with a similar setting to the American Horror Story television series.

NO LOOSE ENDS; LET NONE BE THE NOOSE.

TheHangedOne

Hmm. Have you watched the entire season? This is a great idea, and I had an idea I wanted to throw your way, but I don't want to spoil anything if you haven't finished it.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

kasper

kasper

Okay so for this role play we are looking for a live human family to move in. Perhaps live human neighbours as well. And then, of course we are looking for ghosts who died in the house and now presently haunt the house. I am thinking there will be about three dead families/couples (or parts of dead families/couples like maybe one dead spouse) and then individuals who may have been murdered in the house but did not live there. We may play based off the end of the AHS series or we may create a completely new house with new characters depending on who joins. After people have joined and based off those players' characters we can make a storyline from there to stem off.

A player can have multiple characters. The role play will more than likely be extreme, though your character and his/her actions and/or pairings do not have to be extreme. Character sexualities can be bisexual, gay or straight.

So far we have myself and another player interested in this role play and are waiting for others to join. I'll put up a character skeleton for my own characters in a minute. But for now, if interested, just say hello and ask questions if you have any.

Alysanthia

It sounds interesting, I absolutely loved the series and the ending was such a kick.

I think I would be interested in playing a ghost, but do you want original characters or those based on the show because I would really like to play an OC. :)

kasper

I encourage original characters, as we're trying to deviate from the actual American Horror Story... story line... and make it kind of our own plot with new and different characters. Though, the original characters of the series are also welcome. I'll definitely be playing Tate and an original character myself.

Alysanthia

Lovely! I'll be thinking of a good character concept. Maybe a young woman who was murdered by a jilted lover or something of that nature.

kasper

Good. And the character skeleton will basically be as follows:

Name:
Brief History:

Alysanthia

Felicia Lux

These wounds won't seem to heal, this pain is just too real... There's just too much that time cannot erase.

Name: Felicia Lux

Personality in 5 words: Confused, Scared, Caring, Mysterious, and Wary of the Living.

Brief History: Felicia was in love. She found that love in a young man that came to the library where she worked every day. He always treated her with respect, and was so shy when he asked her out on her 24th birthday. Unsure, the man slowly made his way into Felicia’s life and they soon became a couple.  For the first year it was like a storybook fairytale, they loved each other and he was like prince charming. Yet as the relationship progressed she began noticing strange things that she didn’t before. No longer did she see her friends, she hardly talked to her parents, and the only time she went out was when she went to work. Even that was slowly being taken away from her as he insisted that she quit and simply stay at home for him to take care of. 

Confused Felicia talked with some of the other ladies at the library. Blunt and to the point, each one said she was in an abusive relationship even if he hadn’t laid a hand on her… Yet. Worried and not wanting to continue the relationship after doing a bit of research she confronted the man that wormed his way into her life. Telling him that she simply didn’t feel the same as before, and wanted to take a break Felicia figured that would give her a chance to fully end the relationship. But no she never got the chance, for that night in a furious rage he killed Felicia. Not wanting anyone else to have the woman if he couldn’t have her.

She was found a few days later when her co-workers reported her missing, found laying in her bed surrounded by dead roses and the words ‘MINE’ carved into her chest right above the hole where her heart would rest. Her murderer was found a few hours later in his closet, a shrine built for Felicia there and in the middle of the shelf was her heart.

The case was later called the 'Tell-Tale Heart' after the Edgar Alan Poe poem due to the boyfriend swearing he could still hear Felicia's heart beating. He has since been found guilty and executed for the murder.

Isn't anyone tryin' to find me? Won't somebody come take me home.

Likes: Books, Quietness, Tranquility, Singing, and watching couples whom actually love each other.

Dislikes: Loudness, Arrogance, Violence, Spouse Abuse, and being called a ghost she prefers the term spirit.

TheHangedOne

Just a WIP for now.  I'll get history fleshed out later today.
Name: Edgar Crowley
Personality in 5 words: Calm, collected, esoteric, Samaritan, medial.
Brief History:
Likes: Peace and quiet, meditation, reading, writing, drawing, making mandalas.
Dislikes: Ignorance, loud mouths, arrogance, bullies, suffering, migraines.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

kasper

Name: Tate Langdon
Personality: Loyal, sweet, monstrous, troubled, confused.
Brief History: (I'll get this up later.)
Dislikes: His mother, his thoughts, most people.