Re: Pandora Academy:back to accepting

Started by Sacrah, May 31, 2013, 09:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Valentine

Decided to use a creation of mine I didn't get to in another game awhile back. Primary go for this character is not for him to be played out as a prodigy given some of his possible overpowered abilities. He is mostly just there for fun and good laugh time sakes. Maybe once in awhile stealing the spotlight should combat arise. ;) But more so on a secret end.

Name:
Ryuu Matsumoto
Nickname:
Deadbeat, Loser, Weakling, Little Ryuu, so on and so forth.
Species:
Human (Half Demon - Concealed)
Family:
Father: Takehiko Matsumoto (Human Hero)
Mother: Unknown, assumed to be a village girl.
Position:
Student ‘Low Rank’
Hair Color:
Black
Eye color:
Blue
Skin color:
Tan
Other tidbits on looks:
Has small phoenix tattoo on his lower back.
Height:
5’5”
Weight:
150lbs
Personality:
It is Ryuu’s personality that causes many to not want to partner with the young man. He has a habit to shrug off a lot of things and generally lives a carefree life. Outwardly he is outgoing and generally his voice may be heard first above all others. He also has a natural knack at annoying his fellow academy members and sometimes even inspiring magic users to plain out assault him with a spell through various, clownish or even perverse actions. It isn’t a typical, all occasion thing though, Ryuu only does this if he sees something that interests him and wishes to learn it into his growing database. He isn’t shy to beg others for monies or even mooch off of others for food whenever the food vendors may grow irritated at Ryuu’s constantly growing tabs.

Despite Ryuu’s possible bad quirks, he is typically a nice and funny guy. His methods of chivalry may seem a bit unorthodox; even amongst his teammates. Many take him as extra luggage on their missions, but Ryuu is always silently gauging out the dangers and the capabilities of his fellow teammates. He is always the first to innate failure by putting himself in harms way if he doesn’t believe his current team can handle it. Ryuu also never shows the Academy his actual skills, the only times he does toss aside the façade of a ’silly loser’ is when he may be separated from his allies or his allies being incapacitated in a fight; or if push comes to shove, in the most rarest of conditions, an all out life or death situation that he may not be able to avoid to show his true character. The latter fortunately has yet to happen.
Ryuu‘s favorite quote: “Why so serious?”
Weapon/magic:
+Weapon+
Meelee Combat - Ryuu doesn’t use natural weapons to fight or even authentic ones that may come from magical use. The young man focuses on primary hand to hand combat, although in some settings he could be at a huge disadvantage against demons or other talented magic users. This is often negated by one of his abilities ‘break.’ Still the extent of his martial arts is unknown, most students have taken him as a complete and utter failure in this field from how he acts with the combat instructor and how often he easily submits in a fight that comes his way.

+Magic+
Signature Ability
Imprint - Ryuu is capable of imprinting a huge variety of magic and demonic abilities. Although there are also a few requirements for him to successfully make an exact copy of the spell once it is in his memory bank. Primary, he has to experience it first hand, whether being caught in an area effect of it or directly being damaged by the spell to better calculated the magical properties involved within it. He can still freely create similar spells by visually experiencing the ordeal, but they will not be as powerful or efficient.
People that know of this ability: Current none and preferably would like to keep it that way through the roleplay.

~Spell List /  +Stolen Techniques
~Break - Ryuu can create glyphs that would negate most properties of an oncoming spell/ability attack. He can also control the size of the glyphs, however most of the time he keeps them small for quicker casting and pinpoint accuracy in dispelling or to hide them from those that may be watching him. The further they are from his body the longer they are to create, Ryuu has a preference to combine Break with his own Meelee Combat skills; although generally many don’t get to see the full extent of ‘break’ or Ryuu’s martial art potential as he often uses a mixture of both to make himself appear defeated in a battle when in actuality he may not take any damage whatsoever or even a minimum amount.
People that know of this ability/may be hinted on it: Possibly certain faculty/smarter students.

Background:
{ Will get to later, I ish lazeh. }
Ons:
Food. Sleeping.  Playing the part of the useless fool that he does so well.
Offs:
Serious People. Noisy People. People that try to push him to success

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

ZephySempai

Name: Sparx Larsa

Nickname: Sparky or MilleniumSparx (Gamer Tag)

Species: Human, but he’s been called an alien by bullies before.

Family: Stark and Leinore Larsa are Sparx’s parents. He also has an older brother, Lennox Larsa, who is a strong military man, and the favorite of the two sons.

Position: Student

Appearance

Appearance: Sparx looks like your average everyday young tech-geek. He’s thin, about 5’7, and has a head full of auburn-colored hair, which most of the time, looks like he just rolled out of bed. His hair is medium length and forms an M-shape as it parts from the middle of his forehead and frames the rest of his youthful face; The rest of his hair folds back into soft, horizontal auburn spikes. His eyes are naturally electric blue, though some people think their color is a result of him staring at computer screens for hours at a time. He isn’t very muscular, but he isn’t anorexic either. He has a lean body type, which he prides himself on. His worst nightmare has always been for him to turn into a pasty fat slob like most self-proclaimed game-lords. His skin maintains a natural light tan, giving him an almost clay-colored tone, but slightly lighter. He is usually seen with a quiet smile on his face or an excited grin when engaging in hardcore gaming, but he generally appears to be a nice and understanding guy.

Clothing: Whenever not in school, you can usually find Sparx in his pajamas. Aside from school he rarely ever leaves the confines of his house, so there’s never any real reason to get dressed. On the other hand, Sparx does tend to make some virtual appearances in cyber-space whenever doing video blogs or reviewing games, and when he does, he goes ham. A black tank top under a blue-and-white dress jacket flows down neatly around his black skinny jeans, which tuck in to his blue and white sneakers.

Other: On any given occasion, Sparx would rather wear his Transition lenses instead of contacts. The arms of his glasses are rectangular, widening as they wrap around the top of his glasses. The frames are bottomless. The lenses of his Transitional glasses fluctuates in opacity depending on the level of light hitting them. When there is barely any light, the opacity is 0, however, as light increases, the tint also increases.

Personality: Though he may not be strong physically, Sparx has an incredibly strong will and is persistent in all his challenges. He is a generally laid-back and solitary kind of guy. Though he is a pretty big introvert and would rather work on projects alone, he does force himself to put on a front when around others and socialize, even if he feels uncomfortable. “Fake it ‘till you make it” is an expression he lives by. He can, at times, feel somewhat out of place as his likes and hobbies are particularly different from your general soldier. Aside from spending hours at a time in front of a computer, Sparx loves anime and MMORPGs, so you’ll almost always find him playing computer games when he’s supposed to be working. He is shy, quiet, and solitary, but also trustworthy, excitable, and a very reliable friend. If you ask him a favor, you can expect that he’ll come through in a timely manner. He likes to play around and joke with people over cyberspace and wishes this side of himself could carry over to the real world, but it’s just one of the many things he has to work on.

Whenever a problem presents itself, Sparx can make a solution. He’s good with his hands and has a lot of Gamer Street Smarts, which actually can come in handy. Sparx is also afraid of being separated from technology for too long. He’s grown up around technology and has always had a fancy for it. It gets him through every day. Sparx is almost never seen without his datapad handy. If he were to be away from tech for too long, or worse, if the battery on his data pad were to ever die, he would be completely lost.

• LIKE ONE- TECHNOLOGY! There is no greater creation man has blessed upon the world beside it. We use it to wake up in the morning, organizing our daily activities, log and store our information, communicate, travel, even using the bathroom! Technology is in the very air that we breathed and every person alive today benefits from some sort of technology. It is amazing so many civilizations ever managed without. No wonder they’re not around anymore.

• LIKE TWO- Hacking, Programming, and Gaming. Hacking is a hobby for Sparx. He likes to spend his free time accessing restricted government files, logging in to collegiate databanks and getting information from anywhere that will help him develop strategies and inspiration for his many programs and video games he develops. He’s also pretty well-verse in hacking surveillance satellites, which he uses to gather detailed information on landscapes, city structures, and things like that. The only reason why he isn’t in jail yet is because nobody even knows he’s doing it. Gaming is also a HUGE passion of his. It is the biggest part of his life and he almost NEVER goes a day without logging a few hours into one game or another.

• LIKE THREE- The Piano. He’ll never admit it to his mother, but he actually does like playing the piano. He even accredits his typing abilities to the piano and sometimes, when coding for an extensive amount of time, he imagines himself playing the piano, which helps him focus on what he’s doing. He almost never misses a key when speed typing in Piano Mode.

Dislikes

• DISLIKE ONE- Being without technology isn’t just a fear. It’s a phobia of his. He is terrified of the day where technology fails him and leaves him stranded in the Dark Ages to fend for himself. Because of this fear, he’s practiced several methods of making your own home-made power. Though he possesses this skill, he knows that this alone won’t keep him alive when the shit hits the computer fan.

• DISLIKE TWO- Awkward situations. Sparx isn’t the most social butterfly. He’s more like a social cocoon. In cyberspace, he’s chatty, sociable and an all-around goofball. Some people even consider him to be a pretty cool guy, but in real life, he can be shy, timid, and reclusive. He tries hard to fit in during social situations, and does a good job too… sometimes. He just wishes that his cyberspace personality would carry over to real life. Until then, he’ll just have to be satisfied with avoiding people as much as possible.

• DISLIKE THREE- Sparx hates bullies of all kind. He hates real life, biggest dude on the playground bullies just as much as he hates trolling scumbags on internet forums. He can’t stand it, and makes a point to utterly crush them, the internet trolls, not the real life guys. Though sometimes when they wonder why all the money in their account is suddenly gone, Sparx takes a quiet victory in the while he’s shopping for new tech gear. Sparx also hates those snobbish Computer Nerds who think they’re sooo much fucking smarter than average people. Just because you’re a good programmer or know a little C++ doesn’t make you a fucking genius. It’s people like that who give all computer nerds a terrible name. Sparx will not stand for such belligerence!

Weapon/magic: Sparx generally doesn’t use conventional weapons. Instead, he has manufactured several defensive tools in which he can use whenever he finds himself in a bind. His most notorious is the Taser Grenade, which is a highly charged round orb, blue and white in color, with a small imprint on its front. When pressed, the ball grows to the size of a baseball and, using static electricity, can cling to almost anything before exploding in a burst of electricity, which is used to stun or paralyze enemies and disrupt mechanical or cybernetic systems.

Sparx can also use his hacking abilities as a way to fight through cyberspace. He can hack most computer systems, plug himself in to surveillance cameras and even take over automated turrets. If faced with robotic opponents, if he has a chance to upload his programs into them, they become his remote-controlled puppets. Aside from that, he doesn’t really own any type of weapons or special magic. He’s just an average normal human just trying to survive.

Background: Growing up, Sparx was always a solitary kind of person. He is the younger of two boys and has always been treated as such. His Father, Stark Larsa, is a retired military officer whose office shines like a starry galaxy from all the medals he’s earned during his service. He always pushed his two sons to follow in his footsteps and do great things for the world. However, Sparx’s elder brother, Lennox, was the only one who seemed interested in their father’s wishes, instantly making him daddy’s favorite. His mother, Leinore Larsa, attempted to shine some culture into the family. She was a famous pianist for many years and settled down after marrying Stark. She became a music instructor and, since Sparx seemed to have no interest in military affairs, decided to tutor him in the art of piano instead.

All Sparx really cared for was computers, however. And nobody ever seemed to understand. He would spend almost all his free time playing online games, Roleplaying on forums, and learning tricks of the trade when it came to programming. He aspired to become a world famous video-game designer, but it seemed his mother and father’s goals for him proved to be a constant obstacle.
Sparx believes his enrollment into this particular school was a punishment. He hadn’t much experience with demons or any beings of the sort, and was actually very apprehensive about the academy, but his parents enrolled him anyway insisting he broaden his horizons. His father was secretly hoping that exposure to such powerful humans and demons would cause a shift in his son’s personality and turn him into someone who wanted to become stronger himself. His mother just wanted him out of the house and this school seemed very attractive when it came to exposing individuals to new cultures and art.

Sparx had absolutely no say in the matter and was shipped off quicker than he could Alt + F4 this fucked up game called Life. Throughout High School, Sparx lead a very solitary life. He’d try to branch out and socialize, but it always seemed he’d do so with the wrong people and it would backfire. He began losing hope that he’d ever make real life friends, so he just stuck with the ones on cyber space. He is amazed that he lived so long here and nobody has succeeded in devouring him. In all honestly, this place wasn’t so bad. He even designed a small training course in the gymnasium that some of the students use to practice their skills. Talk about nerdy, but nobody’s complained yet about it being useless.

Ons: Women who are actually nice to him. Colored hair. Women who are helpful. High energy.

Offs: Bitches, cliquey girls, and anyone or anything that wants to do him harm.

TheHangedOne

So, so far, 9 male characters, and 5 female characters. That's a bit unbalanced.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Silk

I've put in interest just waiting to hear back from Sacrah about something I want to just be sure on.

mai

I'm sure we can rustle up a few more girls if necessary. If it comes to it, I won't mind NPCing up some generic schoolgirls if we need more bodies around.

ZephySempai

I hope sparky doesn't get too lonely :(

This is too cool a concept to not generate more interest. In one day its already got 14 bodies. Good stuff.

MzHyde

Shizuru's a lesbian and not very sexual, so she doesn't much count if you're looking for people to mate with. Yumi, on the other hand, has a rockin' bod built for love.

King Serperior

We need more female characters alright.  Who can resist a guy with six arms ;)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

MzHyde

It depends on if we have a guy with six wangs or not.

King Serperior

Quote from: MzHyde on June 01, 2013, 06:13:28 PM
Ummm, no, just six arms and a natural BDSM kit via web generation.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

mai

Quote from: MzHyde on June 01, 2013, 06:13:28 PM
Nyarly's probably got at least six wangs but I don't think horrors from beyond have genders so he's probably not really a guy

Wargtass

Leave it up to Nyarls, he can have as many as he likes of whatever you need. Outer Gods are not confined to such petty things as gender... ::) So technically he counts as either, if someone wants a fem-Nyarls they just need to befriend him enough.

Also since we are so many, perhaps we should start thinking about previous interactions and relations, friendships and the like? If anyone is a rule-breaker who has sneaked down into the catacombs they are bound to have met Nyarly, so that's basically the relationship guideline there. What kind of relations I leave fully up to you.
O/O

King Serperior

Quote from: Wargtass on June 01, 2013, 06:21:06 PM
Leave it up to Nyarls, he can have as many as he likes of whatever you need. Outer Gods are not confined to such petty things as gender... ::) So technically he counts as either, if someone wants a fem-Nyarls they just need to befriend him enough.

Also since we are so many, perhaps we should start thinking about previous interactions and relations, friendships and the like? If anyone is a rule-breaker who has sneaked down into the catacombs they are bound to have met Nyarly, so that's basically the relationship guideline there. What kind of relations I leave fully up to you.
Interspecies relations.......I'm a super intelligent lazy spider guy that uses his web fluid as offense and defense as well as a partial stalker.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

MzHyde

Quote from: King Serperior on June 01, 2013, 06:15:06 PM
Ummm, no, just six arms and a natural BDSM kit via web generation.

I was joking. And I didn't mean YOUR character, I meant someone else. Hence the whole "If we have a guy" and not "If your character" bit.

King Serperior

Quote from: MzHyde on June 01, 2013, 06:35:16 PM
I was joking. And I didn't mean YOUR character, I meant someone else. Hence the whole "If we have a guy" and not "If your character" bit.
I know.  Just anxious to begin haha

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

mai

Quote from: Wargtass on June 01, 2013, 06:21:06 PMAlso since we are so many, perhaps we should start thinking about previous interactions and relations, friendships and the like? If

It'd be cool to talk about this sort of stuff, may I suggest that anyone who wants to chat and/or throw ideas around head to #pandora_academy on irc.sorcery.net just so we're not clogging the thread?

AidenWhite

I'm interested. I'll begin thinking of an idea.
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"It might be a really good idea to get an organized character sheet thread going, separated by teacher/student and possibly gender, and identify who is playing who, to help people coming in to get a feel for who's in without having to sort through the recruitment chatter."
My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

Sacrah

Hahah yeah I will go make some oc thread and a character  forum. So far everything looks great, and cant wait. Trying to make it perfect hahah XD
There are two things a real man likes - danger and play. And he likes women because she is the most dangerous of playthings

Sacrah

There are two things a real man likes - danger and play. And he likes women because she is the most dangerous of playthings

SapphireStar

Working on a bio or two  O:) I'll have them up soon

Sacrah

We have lost some people. so we are taking applicants once more.

Teachers and other students are more then welcomed.

Siereis

Heavily interested in this RP!  But a few questions first.

1) Seeing as how it appears you all had an imbalance of female to males earlier...what is the current ration now that people have dropped out?
2) Speaking of which, of the females that remain how many are students or teachers, and are there more human females or demonic ones?
3) What can you say on the plot of this RP?  I liked the idea in the recruiting page but will the RP itself be heavily plotted, entirely freeform, or somewhere in the middle?  Exactly where in the middle would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Angaroo

Interest is piqued! Mind if I make a character?