Zombie Apocalypse Interest Check (CLOSED)

Started by MementoMori, December 24, 2013, 11:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MementoMori

UPDATE 1/3/14: This board is now closed for interest. Those who already posted on this thread have been accepted. This includes: RainyHigh, xSnorklerainbow, Roo, Cuteshemale, TheGlyphstone, Kerri, MagicalPen, and Frank Reshman. If you have not psted a character sheet. Please do so. I look forward to getting this party started!

I'm here to see if anyone is interested in a Zombie survival story. I know that this has been over done and that these can fizzle out quickly so I'd like only those seriously interested, please.

While sex is fine, I'd like this story to focus on the problem at hand: zombies and how to survive.

BASIS

In one month civilized society had been eradicated. Centralized government had dissolved, the military had either disbanded or gone underground, there was no more TV or radio or internet. You might think that the survivors, few and far between, should consider themselves lucky to have made it through the initial violence, but they are cursed. Cursed to wander this zombie infested world without any guarantees of survival or safety.

Most of the city was burned to the ground in the chaos that followed the initial outbreak. The only information that was released to the public, before everything went offline, was that the virus was a lethal mutation of rabies. If infected this virus was 100% fatal, though there was only a 75% chance of reanimation. Though, this is just a guess seeing as everyone was dead before any real testing could be done. Was this virus created in a lab somewhere? Was it our military? Our government? Was it a form of biological warfare? Was it Mother Nature taking revenge on humans? Was it God?

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

The story will begin on the outskirts of a major city. Since most of the city has been destroyed or has been infested, it is likely that the group will move on and seek shelter somewhere else. Though that is up to the characters to decide. That apartment building will be a place to start. Perhaps your character lived in the building, maybe they are only stopping there for shelter or supplies, perhaps they're forced inside by a horde. Regardless of how your character has come to the building, this is where the group's journey will begin.

To the East of the city is plains as far as the eye can see, resources will be few and far between. To the West are the mountains, hard to traverse but isolated. To the North, mostly empty land and wilderness, though the weather is harsher. And to the South, though the weather is warmer, milder, it is where more people, and zombies, are.

CHARACTERS

I'd like a wide range of characters for this in hopes of it keeping the story line together and to keep it moving forward. For the most part I'd like average Joes who have survived off of their ability to gather supplies, their wit, and their determination not to die. While I wouldn't say no to a couple of people with police/military/medical backgrounds, I'd really like this story to be about average people struggling to survive in a world that is harsh and unfamiliar to them.

While this story will include battles, with zombies as well as other survivors, I would like the focus to be on the characters. If the story focuses on people narrowly escaping bites/death constantly it doesn't leave much room for plot.

CHARACTER SHEET

Character's Full Name:
Before the Outbreak: What was your character like before the outbreak? (Profession, family, etc.)
During the Outbreak: How did your character react to the outbreak and the aftermath. (Where did they go, how have they survived up until the point)
Supplies: Limit of 15 items, including food, water, weapons, first aid, etc.

If I can get enough interest, I'd like the intros to explain how each character has reached the apartment building.
---

Post your interest/questions below.

*Edited: Added Character Sheet
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

O/O

RainyHigh

Interested in this one. I hope it takes off. I suppose since the emphasis is on people who aren't experienced in war and this would be their first.
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

MementoMori

Hi Rainy. Thanks for the interest. I'm looking for a small group, probably five or six maximum so it doesn't get too confusing.

While I'd like most of the characters to have little to no experience in "warfare", I wouldn't be opposed to a couple who do. Even better, I'd like people to be creative on how/why their characters are experienced in "war", since there is more than one kind. Perhaps they've lived on the streets and adjusted to the need and struggle to survive. Perhaps they're a member of a gang or they street fight, and those skills are what have kept them alive. I guess I am just looking for more than just a cliched group of characters. I think that can kill a role play before it ever starts.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

O/O

xPeachyPuff

I'm interested in this idea (: Love me some zombies.

-Rainbow

Roo

I am also interested. Are athletes (perhaps track runners) too stereotypical for your story purposes?
"Are you crazy, is that your problem?" -Jack Burton

MementoMori

Thanks for the interest, Snorkie.

Roo- Athletes are not too stereotypical at all.

O/O

MementoMori

Belated Merry Christmas everyone!!

I added a Character Sheet to the first post, but I'll put it below as well. If anyone is still interested, please go ahead and fill it out!

Character's Full Name:
Before the Outbreak: What was your character like before the outbreak? (Profession, family, etc.)
During the Outbreak: How did your character react to the outbreak and the aftermath. (Where did they go, how have they survived up until the point)

If I can get enough interest, I'd like the intros to explain how each character has reached the apartment building.

O/O

Roo

Here's my attempt--please let me know if anything is a problem. Looking forward to seeing others' characters!  :-)

Character’s Full Name: Bette Rainier

Character Photo/Physical Description: Bette’s build is athletic, reflecting her high school track days. Since she has been at college, however, she has begun training in kickboxing, and so she has put on more muscle than she once had. She has shoulder length dirty blonde hair that she keeps pulled back 95% of the time, an infectious smile, a goofy laugh, and hands that are calloused from lifting weights. On weekends when she goes home to visit her dad, she helps him in his mechanics shop, so she frequently has grease or oil on her hands/under her nails.

Before the Outbreak: Bette had been attending the local university for the last year and a half where she was working toward an accounting degree; she always helped her dad keep track of the books at his shop, so this seemed like a natural choice for her. Bette was raised almost entirely by her dad (her mother is an estranged junky), and they had a very close bond. Throughout high school he was always her biggest cheerleader and was at every one of her track meets. She goes home on the weekend to do her laundry—and her dad’s—and to help him try not to get audited since he has never been good at keeping billing straight. They also work on some of her dad’s long term projects, like rebuilding the engine of a 69 Charger. Before the outbreak Bette was successful, happy, and going places in her life.

During the Outbreak: Bette knew something was wrong when she called out to her father three or four times and he didn’t come in, turn down the Skynyrd, and ask what the hell it was she couldn’t read this time. (Bette’s father’s handwriting was abominable.) When he didn’t answer she left the office, huffing her annoyance, and their ancient lab followed her out to the front of the shop, tail wagging mildly. What Bette saw was her father stumbling around in front of the front desk, his oil rag clutched to his neck while he tried to get away from some skinny freak that seemed like he was hissing at her father. She couldn’t understand what was happening, and then she saw her father’s overalls. They weren’t the right color—they were supposed to be blue and they had turned a dark color, almost black. This and her father’s gurgling last words, “Run, baby!” that flecked the nearby desk with his blood ushered her into action. She grabbed something heavy and hard off one of the nearby tool stands and charged the freak. He was closing in on her father and she started wailing on him, beating him over and over again for what he had done to her papa.

Her realization of what she had done only came to her when she realized Zeus, the dog, was whining and pacing back and forth between her father who was now slumped in a corner against the shop’s front door and herself. She looked down at her hands and saw that she was covered in blood and she immediately dropped the blood-slick tire iron. It clanged when it struck the concrete floor. The freak wasn’t recognizable anymore. She had obliterated its head, caved in its small, bird-like torso. She didn’t understand how a guy this small could have gotten hit, or knife attack, or whatever he had done, in on her father. Her father was big. He was strong. He was also not breathing anymore, or at least it didn’t look like it to Bette. She fumbled in the blood to get to the phone and tried 911. It was busy, and screaming in frustration, she didn’t hear what was shuffling into the open car bay. It took Zeus barking and snarling for her to turn around. It looked like Mrs. Gustafson from her dad’s church, but something was wrong with her. She was in one of her floral dresses and floppy, oversized hats but the sight of her was nauseating. She was streaked with red-black gore and the fat around her neck looked badly damaged, like something had bitten her. Mrs. Gustafson gurgled mildly, choking and lurching toward Bette. Bette pivoted on her feet, grabbed the tire iron and shoved the fat woman out of the car bay. She smashed the close button on the door and waited for the corrugated steel door to come done; the whole time the bloody Mrs. Gustafson was rolling side to side, trying to left her tremendous bulk from the ground in a sickeningly comedic display of flopping. Her motions knocked her absurd hat from her head, revealing the blindness of her eyes.

Bette turned from this horror and began trying to get the news or the radio on. Her dad’s shop had a crappy little black and white portable tv with a tiny screen and antennae for reception. Her dad wasn’t much for modern technology, and after a few minutes of desperate cursing, she abandoned the device for the radio, which she could at least locate a broadcast on. The stories were confused, unclear, insane. Bette abandoned the news and began to try to look outside. She could see figures stumbling around in the streets. Some were gore streaked like the freak and Mrs. Gustafson. Some just looked normal except that they were moving weird. She saw one person stumble off a curb and break his ankle. The man kept walking, dragging his foot behind him at an obscene angle; Bette’s stomach cramped with fear. After having to out her father down, an episode that resulted in a whole day spent crying and curled up with Zeus, Bette stayed in her father’s garage, surviving on orange creamsicles from his deep freezer, cheap beer, and stale pretzels. This didn’t last long though, and soon she was faced with the possibility of starving, or moving on and trying to find food. Bette packed up some of Zeus’s food in a tote bag, grabbed the tire iron, and a few other things from around the shop, including a picture of her and her dad together, and headed out the back, locking the place up like a big concrete tomb.

Her father’s garage wasn’t quite on the outskirts of the city, and when she went outside she could see billowing smoke coming from downtown, so she decided to head out of the city. Maybe in one of the suburbs she would be able to find some food and figure out what was going on. She was desperate for some sort of news or clarification about what was going on. Bette didn’t get very far though before she and Zeus picked up a big crowd. The first place she could see that would provide her a small bit of respite was a large apartment building with a black iron fence surrounding it. The problem was how to scale it and get both her and Zeus over in time before the freaks—that’s the only word she had for them—caught up to the both of them. Bette was able to slide most of the contents of her duffle bag through the bars of the gate, and then she got Zeus to get into the bag, and awkwardly, her 13 year old Labrador retriever in a bag over her shoulder, began to climb the fence. It wasn’t pleasant but she was just barely able to get herself and Zeus into safety before the group came jostling and flailing up to the bars. She had to lead them away from that part of the fence in order to go back and get her stuff. She hoped she might find other people inside the building, normal people. . .

Supplies: a few cans of dog food for Zeus, two small water bottles that she has refilled at the garage repeatedly, tire iron, set of keys to the garage, crowbar, duffle bag, picture of her and her father, a handful of small mint candies, a short length of greasy rope.
"Are you crazy, is that your problem?" -Jack Burton

Lyndsey

Definitely interested!

Are you looking for character profiles already, or is this still in the interest check stage?

RainyHigh

Character's Full Name: Kriti Ganesh
Character Photo/Physical Description: Kriti is a trim woman, weighing  140 pounds, she isn't athletic, but she's not completely soft either. From 12 to 18 she played basketball for school and some of the effects (strong legs) are still with her today. Kriti has long brown hair with blonde highlights. She has a nose ring and a belly button piercing along with pierced ears. Her eyes are a light brown and her skin is a dusky light brown. Kriti is the type to wear bright colors, she favors them over dull colors. But after the outbreak her clothing changed to dull quickly to help hide and camouflage herself.
Before the Outbreak: Kriti was a guitarist and piano player for a band before the outbreak. She played for two bands and also did reporting for the local newspaper. Kriti was a free soul, she didn't like to be confined to just one thing in life. She lived by herself in an old apartment with her little brown wiener (Dachshund) dog, Reeses. Kriti's family consists of her mom and dad (a homemaker and a taxi driver) and her little brother (a high school student). Kriti made enough to pay the rent and bills without asking for help from her parents. She had a carefree life.
During the Outbreak:  Kriti lives in the building that the game's setting takes place at. (to be expanded)
Supplies:She has food in her kitchen in the cupboards that hasn't gone rotten yet
1. Rice
2. Soup
3. Hot Sauce
4. Oysters
5. Sardines
6. 4 packs of water (32 bottles in each pack)
She also has some other items such as
7. flashlight
8. screwdriver
9. baseball bat
10. fm/am radio battery powered
11. 100 pack of batteries (Only 84 remaining) (she bought them in bulk since it was cheaper).
12. Lots of cords (electronic cables)
13. Clothing/Shoes in closet
14. Knives
15. First Aid Kit
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

MementoMori

Thanks Roo and Rainy.

Cute, feel free to submit a character sheet if you are interested.

O/O

TheGlyphstone

Been a while since I saw a good zombie game pop up, I'll take a shot at this....a young doctor/medical student, deeply religious and convinced that this is The End Times. Used him before in a zombie-apoc RP, seemed to work well until the entire RP imploded abruptly, so I'll dust the archetype off again.

Lyndsey

Here's what I have come up with for now. Feel free to let me know if anyone has any input - happy to tailor the profile to better fit the group.

Character's Full Name: Nicole 'Nicky" Evans

Character Photo/Physical Description:   Nicole's build is fairly average, standing at 5"4 , she does not appear to be very physically adept, and would appear non-threatening in the eyes of most. She has striking blue eyes and red hair that reaches the middle of her back. Like before the outbreak, she keeps her hair tied back in a ponytail, though now she wears a cap on top of it. She's dressed in a pair of khaki cargo pants and a black tank top, and has a large cut in her left arm which she has wrapped up in a bandage.

Before the Outbreak: Nicole was born Nicholas Evans, the youngest of two sons to a relatively well to do family (doorman manned building and all) in a big city. For awhile, the family lived happily, until tragedy struck when Nicole was three, when her mother was murdered in a mugging gone wrong. The lack of a motherly figure in Nicole's life made her curious about the feminine side of things, and it was at about the age of twelve when she realized that she had been born into the wrong body. It took a great deal of begging, but eventually she was able to convince her father that this was not just some phase, and the man relented and allowed her start on the treatments to allow her to be who she felt she was, both inside and out. Though she was picked on in school and bullied by other kids during this difficult transitional period, Nicole always had the safety net of her father and older brother to fall back on, the latter doing whatever he could to keep the bullies off her back at school. That would change when after graduating from high school Nicole would earn a scholarship at university on the other side of the country, where after a difficult start to life on her own, she eventually learned to take care of herself. Intelligent and naturally curious, Nicole is particularly skilled with technology and gadgets, taking things apart and putting them back together being one of her favorite pastimes while growing up.

During the Outbreak: Her rough childhood meant Nicole had developed a bit of a introverted personality, where she usually prefers to keep to herself and avoid getting too close to anyone, for fear of what they might think of her when they find out about her unique past. The outbreak happened when Nicole was on a study break, where she would spend most of her time in her apartment near the school, either studying or working on her projects. She had a received a call from her father, where he had instructed her to stay indoors and wait for help to arrive, an instruction she would duly follow, holing up in her apartment and surviving as long as she could by carefully rationing the supplies she had in her apartment, even after she had lost contact with her family when all the cell phone networks went dead.

The supplies would not last forever though, and eventually Nicole was forced to make a move when she started to run low on water. The girl packed as much as she could into a backpack and decided to make a foray outside in order to look for supplies, narrowly surviving a brief first encounter with a few of the undead, which she escaped by squeezing through a broken window on the first floor of her apartment building, though she sustained a large gash on her upper arm in the process of doing so. Nicole managed to make her way to the parking lot, where she broke into a car and drove it out of the city, her logic dictating that she would have a better chance of surviving away from the most populated areas.

Running out of gas outside of what appeared to be a quiet and empty apartment building outside of the city, the now-weary Nicole decided to try her luck and make her way into the building, hoping to find at least a little more food and water within to add to her dwindling supplies.

Supplies:
1.Backpack
2. Self-charging flashlight
3. Empty water bottle
4. Can of soup
5. 5 pack of instant noodles
6. 2 Granola bars
7. Cell phone
8. Set of mini-screwdrivers

Kerri

I'm interested in this and was wondering what you are looking for with posts. Do you have a requirement for amount of posts per week?

A/a’s updated 10/2/16
All images in signature created by the truly talented and sweet Amelita

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Frank Reshman

Is this still going on?  If so, I would love to join!

Character's Full Name: John Tucker

Character Photo/Physical Description: http://i.imgur.com/KlNOZPF.jpg

Before the Outbreak: What was your character like before the outbreak? (Profession, family, etc.)  Growing up, John was always interested in technology.  He would often skip recess to play on the school's computers.  He was always viewed as the "teacher's pet" by his classmates which led to him becoming the target of many school bullies throughout his youth.  Once he got to middle school, the bullying became more physical than verbal and his father took notice.  He signed him up at a local Tae Kwon Do gym (dojo?) and John went 5 times a week.  After a few months of going, the bullies learned to stop messing with him, and things went smoothly throughout his High School years as well.  He was a student at the local university and working towards his degree in Computer Science when the plague started. 

During the Outbreak: John has spent the last (insert time frame here) holed up in his apartment, hearing the sounds of shuffling feet and the screams and cries of his neighbors as they were torn apart one by one.  He wasn't sure if he was the only survivor left on his floor or, hell, even in this building.  Anyone who was smart kept their mouths shut and their noise levels to a minimum.  Unfortunately, his food supplies had run low and he was starting to fear that leaving his room was inevitable.  He had ventured out only a handful of times before, each time snagging (he refused to call it stealing) something of use from his neighboring rooms.

1. A few cans of beans/vegetables/soup
2. One can of peaches
3. One bottle of spiced rum
4. Wristwatch
5. Bowie Knife
6. 8 bottles of water left
7. Swiss Army Knife
8. One Beretta M9 with 6 rounds remaining
9. Crowbar
10. Set of dumbbells
11. Hand crank AM/FM Radio
12. iPod
13. His bike downstairs (probably stolen at this point)
14. Laptop
15. A duffel bag to hold it all

xPeachyPuff

I'll try and get a character up soon!

- Rainbow ♥

MementoMori

Thank you everyone for the interest! I apologize for my absense during the holidays, but I should be available more regularly now.

If you have posted thus far and expressed interest (this goes for you Glyph, Kerri, Magical, Snorkle) please feel free to post a character sheet, I would like to get an IC and OOC up by Sat/Sun. I will cut off interest/new apps tomorrow afternoon.

I would like all interested to be able to post at least 1-2 times per week. If you feel this is feasible for you please feel free to join in!

If you have additional questions or ideas please PM me.

Again thank you for the interest! I look forward to seeing the rest of your characters!

O/O

MementoMori

Updated 1/3/14. This board is now closed for interest! Please see opening post for more details.

O/O

TheGlyphstone

In progress, I'll do my best to have something up tonight unless travel-plans interfere.

MagicalPen

Character's Full Name: Captain Peter Simon, retired

Character Photo/Physical Description: Peter still retains his physical fitness. He is strong with good stamina, his toned body indicating both. He has a few scars on his left arm and shoulder from shrapnel and a bullet-hole scare on his left thigh as well.

Before the Outbreak: Richard had served three tours in the Special Forces where he gained valuable combat experience and a few wounds to go along with it. It certainly proved to him that he was a survivor, fulfilling his life long dream of being in the Army. Growing up as a kid, he had always enjoyed the outdoors and loved going hiking and camping. He often went on trips during the summer for weeks on time, learning new survival skills like lighting a fire and making a lean-to while always having a love for the military and history. As a teenager, he started to feel the draw towards the military and signed up upon graduation at the age of 18. It was a dream come true and the skills he had learned camping soon came in handy when he was selected for the Special Forces branch.

There he excelled though he will not often talk about his experiences. He attained the rank of Captain before retiring, deciding to return to the civilian life in the hopes of starting a family some day. But he had no real training in any sort of civilian jobs and did not fancy signing on with a Security Company or starting his own. However, he had always liked staying fit so started teaching some Self-Defense courses along with Wilderness Survival courses. It kept him doing the sorts of things he loved to do while bettering the lives of others.

During the Outbreak: Peter is a survivor and believes in always being prepared. The Outbreak soon made it clear that staying in a heavily populated area was a bad idea. But Peter was prepared. He had an Escape Bag ready for such a situation. It contained survival gear and supplies, already packed, so all he had to do was grab it and get out of dodge, which he did. He took to the woods, knowing that they would the safest place until the worst of things blew over. But it still took all his survival skills to make it. He climbed high into trees before setting his hammock - smaller and lighter then a tent, and easier to set up in bad terrain - so that he was out of sight and above whatever it was that those people had turned into.

And then he started raiding - finding abandoned camps with telltale signs of conflict, abandoned trucks or cars, and then as he got closer and closer to civilization, abandoned homes and shops. He has currently spotted the Apartment Complex and has climbed to its Roof to better scope out the surrounding area and stay away from the groups of, well, they're zombies aren't they?

Supplies:
-2 Canteens of Water
-M4 with three full clips remaining
-Colt .45 with two full clips.
-A dozen MRE's
-Flint+Steel Firestarter
-Paracord
-First Aid Kit
-Hammock + Rappel Rings + Bark Straps
-Military Issue Sleeping Bag
-Combat Knife
-Night Vision Goggles
-Solar-Panel Charging Kit
-Binoculars
-Compass
-Flashlight

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

xPeachyPuff

Working on my character as I type this. Should have her up by tomorrow evening at the latest. Sorry again for the stupidly long delay.

- Rainbow

TheGlyphstone

Character's Full Name: Karl Reiniger

Before The Outbreak: Karl came from a long line of doctors and physicians, stretching back to the medieval ages - where other families had traditionally sent one of their sons into the clergy, the Von Reinigers always provided one physician's apprentice. Even after the noble prefix was dropped somewhere in the mid-1800's and they were just Reiniger, the tradition continued, and Karl as the latest scion of his line would be no exception. But Germany, while a fine place to learn the arts of healing, was not the best in the world...that, like so many other things, was still America. And so to America he went, on a student visa and funded by scholarship, to learn at their finest medical colleges and perpetuate his legacy.

It was difficult beyond belief, but he soldiered through, buoyed by his family pride and his deep faith in God; for as long as he had been taught, to heal the sick was doing the Almighty's work on earth in the most direct fashion other than entering the priesthood. He was personable, and had companions among his fellow students, but no close friends; even for medical students, he was unnervingly intense and focused, and marked as an outsider by his accent without any other native Germans to talk to.

During The Outbreak: The hospital where Karl was performing his residency received some of the first local cases of the outbreak, and as a result, turned quickly from a house of healing into a nightmare hellscape when the victims rose again and went on rampages. Barricaded in an examining room, he heard everything through the door as people fled and screamed and died - even before the radios and TVs went off the air, he knew in his heart that Judgement Day had come at last, and the cleansing of the unfaithful would be done through the hordes of unquiet dead. It was his mission, then, to escape the ravenous swarms infesting the hospital; to find other survivors, and to minister to their bodies what he could not do for their souls until he and they were all overrun and devoured to face their own judgements. The room had bedsheets, and from them he fashioned a crude rope to climb down through the window and out into the ruined city with only a large satchel of scavenged supplies on his back. An apartment complex - oddly untouched amidst the devastation - has caught his eye and he sets out towards it cautiously, hoping to find fellow men not yet dead and reborn.

Supplies:
-Bible
-Silver crucifix necklace
-emergency surgery kit
-First aid kit
-Assorted vending machine snacks
-Assorted vending machine drinks
-Warm woolen coat
-Handmade woolen scarf
-Bone saw
-Scissors
-Large backpack
-1000mg bottle of morphine
-Passport
-Tourist's map of the city
-Cell phone (nonfunctional)

Kerri

Character's Full Name: Jacqueline "Jack" Sanders
Character Photo/Physical Description:

Before the Outbreak: Jack was the only child of somewhat indulgent parents. A very smart woman, she considered herself to be much more street smart than book smart. She had an artistic streak a mile wide, but unlike the stereotypical artist, she was very serious and grounded. She had had a few gallery showings, and was beginning to get the attention that her work deserved. She mainly worked in canvas and paints, but had dabbled in sculptures as well. She had a boyfriend whom she was serious with, although she didn't know if she could ever find herself settling down with him longterm. She loved him in her own way but she just didn't feel the necessary 'chemisty' that she thought long lasting relationships were built upon. After hearing the news about what was happening she tried to reach out to him, but wasn't able to find him. She has very little family, and those that she does have she doesn't feel very close to. She is a loner and very independent.

During the Outbreak: It took Jack 24 hours before she realized that anything had happened, engrossed in her latest painting, she had lost all track of time, music blaring to keep her company, her favorite playlist on repeat. Her complete immersion into the project had distracted her until the early morning of the 2nd day. Fixing herself a cup of coffee, she sat down on the couch, her legs curled up beneath her she grabbed a blanket and flipped on the tv, hoping that she would finally be able to sleep. Her apartment in the middle of the city was something she loved. Although she loved being alone, she liked knowing that people weren't that far away. It was then she heard screams coming from down the hall outside of her apartment. She went to the door, looking through the peephole, she recognized an older woman from down the hall. Her mouth agape in fear as she pleaded with the hulking figure coming at her. The man continued to approach her and Jack ran for her phone in despair, attempting to call 911 multiple times to no avail, only greeted with busy signals as her calls for assistance for the lady went unanswered. The little old lady stumbled and fell and with that the man was atop her, Jack opened her door. Screaming in response to the man, as he turned towards her she saw his lifeless eyes as his mouth found purchase upon the elderly woman. She advanced momentarily but as the "thing" tore the throat out of the woman, she ran quickly back inside. Locking the door and barricading it as much as possible. She sat in the middle of her floor, phone in hand dialing 911 over and over. The man having apparently finished whatever he was doing soon found his way to her door pounding and beating upon it. Jack sat quietly crying and confused unsure of what was going on. The creature finally left, either out of boredom or being distracted from other prey.

Finally shaking herself from the apparent shock she was in, she went to the tv, finding the channel on an emergency broadcasting system, where there were newscasters frantically replaying footage and talking about things that made no sense. She couldn't quite wrap her mind around it, all she knew was that there was some crazy shit going on out there, she tried to make calls to anyone and everyone she could think of but unable to reach anyone, always only being greeted with busy signals soon had her throwing the phone across the room.

She stayed holed up in her apartment listening to various comings and goings until she couldn't stand it anymore. The power had failed and she didn't have much hope of anyone coming for her, but she couldn't just sit there and wait. She packed a bag and made her way out of the apartment, slowly, tentatively, out the building. She decided to head to her boyfriend's apartment only a couple of blocks to the north. Avoiding everyone, she still wasn't able to avoid seeing things that she never would have imagined possible if she hadn't seen them with her own eyes. Making sure to stay on back roads and in alleys she made her way the couple of blocks, eyeballing his complex before nearing it. She slunk back into the shadows when she heard or saw any movement. Staying out of sight seemed to be the best thing to do, given the unknown world she was in. She finally approached the building nearing the glass door seemed to be a mistake though as the 'things' inside sensed her and began approaching, at least ten of them trapped inside, unable to work the door, thankfully.

She retreated back to her apartment, unable to fathom the things she had seen while out on the streets. A few days passed with her holed up there, making due with what she had, but she was soon coming to the realization that things were only getting worse rather than better. She formulated a plan, and decided that the city would be the worst place to stay, knowing that the more populated the area the more risk there would be. Thinking of the country home she still owned, (inherited from her parent's deaths) she thought that might be the best option. Packing supplies she headed out at sunrise the next morning, on foot. She headed towards the outskirts of town, stopping only long enough to go through a hunting and fishing store that had already been looted almost to the point of being completely useless to her. There she found the MRE's and most of her supplies.

She continued to make her way out of the city, surviving mainly by dumb luck, her ability to be light on her feet, being quiet, and her great hearing. Having come upon the building at evening time, she watched it quietly for awhile, hoping it was as vacant as it appeared to be, she approached. Slipping inside, listening at various doorways, before finally trying one, to her relief it was unlocked and she slipped in quietly, hoping to spend the night before heading out once more in the morning.

1. Dry food rations (MRE's)
2. First Aid kit
3. Knife
4. 2 full, refillable water bottles with built in filter
5. a pack of 3 disposable lighters
6. Hammer
7. Tarp
8. Sleeping bag
9. Flash Light
10. Batteries
11. Rain gear
12. Aluminum baseball bat
13. Swiss Army knife
14. Extra clothing
15. Backpack/hiking pack

A/a’s updated 10/2/16
All images in signature created by the truly talented and sweet Amelita

xPeachyPuff

Almost got my character done...She's going to be a bit of a handful, just to warn you all in advance (:

- Rainbow ♥