Pokemon X and Y trading and nuzlocke

Started by SinXAzgard21, January 19, 2014, 09:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Serperior

Okay, first of all, I killed Snorlax.  I am treating it as a legendary and not counting it for my route's First Encounter.  The reason being that Snorlax is forced upon you first of the route and prevents you from getting other things.  That said, let me tell you my X Nuzlocke Update:

1).  Saphira the Relaxed Bagon (Lv.15):  I hit the freaking jackpot with this one.  Never realized I could get a Bagon this early!!
2).  Monk the Naughty Meditite (Lv.15):  I hit the jackpot on this one as well.  My team was scarily weak to Rock and with the Rock Gym coming up and no way to deal with Amuaura outside Grass types that will take Super-Effective damage from it.....yeah, my goal is to keep this one alive.
3).  Thorn the Careful Quilladin (Lv.20):  Tried and true with a great nature.  I have high hopes for Thorn.
4).  Akiza the hasty Roselia (Lv.20):  After killing the Snorlax, this was my first encounter of the route.  Never used a Roselia before, so I am hoping she is worth it.
5).  Leonardo the Careful Wartortle (Lv.21):  Really not the best nature by any means, but is my bulkiest Pokémon by a long shot.
6).  Windy the Mild Pidgeotto (Lv.21):  Was hoping for a Fletchling.....but Windy is a Pidgeotto, which is tried and true throughout.  Least it has a better nature than my last Nuzlocke's Pidgeot.

Currently training my two newest captures, Monk and Saphira, to Lv.20 before I continue.  They are currently really weak  >.>;

EDIT:  I knew that dragons ate a ton of Exp......but....this is ridiculous. 

EDIT2:   I am sad to say that Saphira died to a Counter by a wild Sawk.  She has been replaced by Big Bertha the Hippopotas.  Training is now underway before I take on the third gym.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

King Serperior

Pokémon X Nuzlocke Update:  Post-Third Gym

Just beat the third gym.  I had to overlevel a little because, during the cave, I had some issues with fighting types.  That said, here's my team:

1).  Monk the Meditite:  Lv.34;  Naughty;  Evolite;  Pure Power;  Force Palm, Return, Poison Jab, Rock Tomb
2).  Big Bertha the Hippowdon:  Lv.34;  Brave;  Earth Plate;  Sand Stream;  Dig, Bulldoze, Crunch, Rock Tomb
3).  Akiza the Roselia:  Lv.35;  Hasty;  Poison Barb;  Natural Cure;  Giga Drain, Venoshock, Magical Leaf, Stun Spore
4).  Thorn the Quilladin:  Lv.35;  Careful;  Miracle Seed;  Overgrow;  Seed Bomb, Shadow Claw, Rock Tomb, Bulldoze
5).  Leonardo the Blastoise:  Lv.36;  Careful;  Bastoisinite;  Torrent;  Aqua Tail, Surf, Dig, Bite
6).  Windy the Pidgeot:  Lv.36;  Mild;  No Item;  Keen Eye;  Return, Aerial Ace, Thief, Twister

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

King Serperior

Pokémon X Nuzlocke Update:  Post-Sixth Gym Update

Just beat the Fairy gym. That said, here's my current team:

1).  Cannon the Octillery:  Lv.42;  Suction Cups;  Lax;  Metronome;  Surf, Bubble Beam, Ice Beam, Signal Beam
2).  Thorn the Chesnaught:  Lv.42;  Overgrow;  Careful;  Expert Belt;  Seed Bomb, Poison Jab, Shadow Claw, Bulldoze
3).  Akiza the Roserade:  Lv.42;  Natural Cure;  Hasty;  Black Sludge;  Giga Drain, Venoshock, Dazzling Gleam, Stun Spore
4).  Big Bertha the Hippowdon:  Lv.42;  Sand Stream;  Brave;  Earth Plate;  Earthquake, Dig, Crunch, Rock Tomb
5).  Monk the Medicham:  Lv.42;  Pure Power;  Naughty;  King's Rock;  Force Palm, Return, Poison Jab, Rock Tomb
6).  Shelldon the Lapras:  Lv.43;  Water Absorb;  Docile;  Leftovers;  Surf, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Body Slam

Time to take on the Pokeball Factory!!!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Tsenta

For anyone not keeping up with the Pokemon news. Pokebank has been released in the UK and Australia. It will be released for North American systems shortly they say.

Correction, Pokebank is out in the US. Dunno about the rest of the Americas though.
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

SinXAzgard21

Can confirm it is out on the west coast, pretty sure it is out every where.  So I have a few doubles of shiny giratina, anyone want one that has a 5 to six iv ditto?
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Tsenta

Can't get pokebank on my wifi, so I'm effectively without it. I've been helping people on other forums with answers, etc. Also nabbed a few good things in give-aways/contests. An Uxie, a 6IV shiny Mewtwo, and a 6IV Japanese Ditto.
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Mr L

I just finished my first playthrough of Y and looking at this thread, I'm strangely tempted to do the nuzlocke challenge on my second playthrough. I'm not as big into following natures as others, more of a move-pool junkie. :P Thoughts on pt #2 being nuzlocke?
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Mr L on February 16, 2014, 08:54:15 PM
I just finished my first playthrough of Y and looking at this thread, I'm strangely tempted to do the nuzlocke challenge on my second playthrough. I'm not as big into following natures as others, more of a move-pool junkie. :P Thoughts on pt #2 being nuzlocke?

Prepare for a long game, be ready to start all over again, be prepared to not have correct types.  I've had to restart so many times because of type disadvantage and got wiped.  I traded in pokemon X my other DS to reserve games coming up.  So right now I'm not nuzlocke running right now.

King Serperior

I'm currently in the middle of a Nuzlocke Randomizer on my Black Version.  I am worried about coming across a Legendary first on a route and not having enough Pokeballs to catch it  >.>;

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Mr L

I know we're restricted to the first pokemon in a new area for the sake of captures, but does that mean if you accidentally ko it that you're sol for that area? Fenniken accidentally'd all over the Pikachu I ran into on route 3 :x

King Serperior

Quote from: Mr L on February 17, 2014, 01:49:22 PM
I know we're restricted to the first pokemon in a new area for the sake of captures, but does that mean if you accidentally ko it that you're sol for that area? Fenniken accidentally'd all over the Pikachu I ran into on route 3 :x
If you KO the first mon you see.....I'm sorry for your luck.  I killed off a Mareep on X because I clicked Bulldoze rather than tackle  :<  Lost my beloved sheep  ;_;

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

SinXAzgard21

Yup, you could end up with one pokemon for the first few gyms.

Mr L

Oh, I guess I'm making a slight mod to that rule and restricting myself to just THAT pokemon >.> so I found and caught the next Pikachu and got the second Litleo I found on route 22. So far my team is Litleo (Cub Scout), Fennekin (Foxy Dude), Pikachu (Ketchup [if you saw the kanto episodes of the anime you'll get it]), Pidgey (Wingz), and Panpour (Aquarius).

EDIT: Little while later got a Ralts (hit B before remembering to name it) and stuck on getting Bulbasaur's nickname.

Mr L

Thought that came to me last night, what's the feeling towards restoring fossil pokemon? *kinda wants Aerodactyl*

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Mr L on February 18, 2014, 03:52:05 PM
Thought that came to me last night, what's the feeling towards restoring fossil pokemon? *kinda wants Aerodactyl*

I believe it counts as the pokemon you caught in that area.

King Serperior

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on February 18, 2014, 04:17:39 PM
I believe it counts as the pokemon you caught in that area.
Quote from: Mr L on February 18, 2014, 03:52:05 PM

The way I see it is this:  You found the Fossil in the cave, an ITEM, not a Pokémon.  Reviving it in that town is your location found. 

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Mr L

Quote from: King Serperior on February 18, 2014, 04:29:34 PM
The way I see it is this:  You found the Fossil in the cave, an ITEM, not a Pokémon.  Reviving it in that town is your location found.

:D WOO! Aerodactyl!

EDIT: In camphrier at the name rater, still need a name for Ralts ._. can't think of one...

King Serperior

Quote from: Mr L on February 18, 2014, 04:38:29 PM
:D WOO! Aerodactyl!
Better check to make sure you haven't fished or Rock-Smashed a pokemon first

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Mr L

Nowhere near that town yet, so not a problem yet >_>

King Serperior

On a totally random note, I received a Shiny Scizor with technician via Wonder Trade just a few minutes ago  O.o

Really, who Wonder Trades shinies?  O_O

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: King Serperior on February 18, 2014, 09:56:24 PM
On a totally random note, I received a Shiny Scizor with technician via Wonder Trade just a few minutes ago  O.o

Really, who Wonder Trades shinies?  O_O

What level is it and can you tell me the move sets... Trainer name would be helpful too.

King Serperior

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on February 18, 2014, 10:16:03 PM
What level is it and can you tell me the move sets... Trainer name would be helpful too.
Lv53;  Iron Head, X-Scissor, Night Slash, Double Hit;  Trainer Name - SONGLEE

If I may ask, how might this help?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: King Serperior on February 18, 2014, 10:23:02 PM
Lv53;  Iron Head, X-Scissor, Night Slash, Double Hit;  Trainer Name - SONGLEE

If I may ask, how might this help?

Check it's IVs but I'm pretty sure it is either cloned or a hack.

King Serperior

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on February 18, 2014, 10:32:48 PM
Check it's IVs but I'm pretty sure it is either cloned or a hack.
I think that if it were, it'd have perfect stats......and according to the IV guy, it doesn't:

"I see.. I see...  This Pokémon's potential is above average overall.  That's how I judge it, anyway.  Incidentally, I would say that it's greatest potential lies in it's Sp. Atk stat.  This Pokémon has some fantastic stats.  That's how I judge it."

Now, I may be mistaken, but I believe that this is ~25 IVs overall with 31 Sp. Atk?  Not that great at IVs.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: King Serperior on February 18, 2014, 10:38:17 PM
I think that if it were, it'd have perfect stats......and according to the IV guy, it doesn't:

"I see.. I see...  This Pokémon's potential is above average overall.  That's how I judge it, anyway.  Incidentally, I would say that it's greatest potential lies in it's Sp. Atk stat.  This Pokémon has some fantastic stats.  That's how I judge it."

Now, I may be mistaken, but I believe that this is ~25 IVs overall with 31 Sp. Atk?  Not that great at IVs.

Most likely a clone then, since clones are easy to make.