Words of wisdom!

Started by Grave, February 21, 2014, 05:04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renegade Vile

Quote from: AmberStarfire on April 15, 2015, 07:44:15 PM
http://www.eveningecho.ie/viral/here-are-25-nuggets-of-wisdom-from-emma-watson-on-her-25th-birthday/

You know what the sad thing is? Everything she's saying is "just" common sense. Yet precious few people think them. The world would be a better place with a few more people who think like her, I can tell you that much.
<< Unavailable for New Games >>

Autumn52

Quote from: Renegade Vile on April 16, 2015, 03:50:51 AM
You know what the sad thing is? Everything she's saying is "just" common sense. Yet precious few people think them. The world would be a better place with a few more people who think like her, I can tell you that much.

It is common sense but for someone her age to be so self assured is uncommon, in my opinion. That is what is so remarkable about her. That is why I am proud of her and that is what I want to try to be myself. More self assured, self confident...that is a worthy goal I think.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Renegade Vile

Quote from: Xandi on April 16, 2015, 03:54:04 AM
It is common sense but for someone her age to be so self assured is uncommon, in my opinion. That is what is so remarkable about her. That is why I am proud of her and that is what I want to try to be myself. More self assured, self confident...that is a worthy goal I think.

Indeed. There are precious few who would come out and say these things in an environment where it might cost work. It's a matter of principle and I respect anyone who stands by theirs.
<< Unavailable for New Games >>

AmberStarfire

I agree, most of those are or should be fair-minded common sense.

Raef

Don't be a fool! Wrap your tool! XD
ONs and OFFs
My Kinks
~~BUSY AS A BUZZING BEE IRL - POSTING WILL BE DELAYED - Sorry Peeps ~~

AmberStarfire

Autumn52

Sorry for the line in the middle. It says, "What they lost out on"
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

Rhedyn

Raef

Never wear underwear with holes in them just in case you are in an accident and nurses have to take off your trousers. (so a true story!)
ONs and OFFs
My Kinks
~~BUSY AS A BUZZING BEE IRL - POSTING WILL BE DELAYED - Sorry Peeps ~~

AmberStarfire

Autumn52

this is actually true for men or women

Caradoc

I have pages of quotes from things I've read over the years. I'll lead off with this one:

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth- John F. Kennedy

So tell me do you wanna go?
Where it's covered in all the colored lights
Where the runaways are running the night
Impossible comes true, it's taking over you

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

Rhedyn

Mihkul

"Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance"- Will Durant

justme4386

Quote from: Renegade Vile on April 16, 2015, 03:50:51 AM
Just in that regard a piece of wisdom from a former coworker:

QuoteCommon sense is surprisingly uncommon!
A word of advice: Don't take me serious - unless I am. And you will know when I am!

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

Mihkul

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

-Lao Tzu-

Rhedyn

I needed to see this one today:

Asphodel Terrarium

^ Great man, Ziglar.

----------

Talk to a Plant
and listen to its quiet wisdom
~~~
A plant will keep you secrets and never interrupt
A plant will never turn its back on you and will continue to give you the best it has to give no matter what you say.

AmberStarfire

That's wonderful advice, Asphodel.

*Feels guilty and goes to water her cacti*

AmberStarfire

steele

Here is one of my all time favorites from my 5 th grade English teacher..
"Empty Wagons always make the most noise"
If you can put it off till tomorrow ..perhaps its not worth doing at all.

Steele's OnOs  Steele's AAs

justme4386

A word of advice: Don't take me serious - unless I am. And you will know when I am!

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

Asphodel Terrarium

From my maths teacher: Don't reach for the stars if you cannot reach them.  ::) Apparently, the answer to the problem he was asking us to answer when he said that was undefined or there's no solution to it. The quote simply means that there are times when something is impossible and so don't exert and waste your efforts on it.

This reminds me much of the Aesop's fable involving a turtle who was very determined to learn flying. So he asked an eagle to teach him. The eagle looked at him and said that he isn't made for flying. However, the turtle kept insisting so the eagle took him up to the sky and at the height, dropped the turtle, leading him to his death. *shudders*

Autumn52

AmberStarfire