A Tale of Might and Magic {Pathfinder} Closed

Started by Black Howling, May 31, 2011, 07:40:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

What no master warriors with a big weapon proposed.

I'd love to play a half-orc fighter but a decent one ,solid LN sort, that is a fighter to earn a living not having that many options living among humans. Would have a suited profession to have standing as a hired blade either Mercenary or Soldier (if she had her training in the formal army maybe during a recent war).

Yorubi

Pssh my characters couldn't be Chaste at all?  ;D

Hmm well the first idea would appeal to me most of all. Not quite sure if I'd get involved since I don't want to suddenly swarm myself either with RPs. I really do want to push a nice fleshed out character with room for development though. I haven't really done that in a system game since I think I feel I get more distracted by the numbers and the likes in most cases. I did have a character design from that previous RP that I did want to explore more possibly, though I probably would modifying it to some degree to be more fitting in a setting. Then again I can always enjoy some creativity in making new character concepts as well.

Paint me as interested. I don't know if I'll join for sure, but I'll keep an eye on things. I enjoy a more dark roleplay when it comes down to it cause its amazing when it comes to character development and advancement. If you need a spot filled then I'll gladly fill one for you if you ask, or if I get nudged into joining I will. For now I'll keep watch on this and allow myself to be written down on the "maybe" list.

Crovonovin

Level three sounds like a nice balanced place to begin. 

Callie Del Noire

6th level is another good spot. :D

For example. Nevin as a 6th Level PC (using a 25 Build Point layout)

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

NEVIN 'NINEFINGER' NEBLIN   CR 5
Male Gnome Alchemist 3 Fighter 3
NG Small Humanoid (Gnome)
Init +2; Senses Low-Light Vision; Perception +11
--------------------
DEFENSE
--------------------
AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 15. . (+4 armor, +2 Dex, +1 size)
hp 57 (3d10+3d8+18)
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +2
Defensive Abilities Bravery +1, Defensive Training; Resist Poison Resistance +2
--------------------
OFFENSE
--------------------
Spd 20 ft.
Melee Masterwork Piston Maul +9 (1d8+3/20/x2) and
. . Masterwork Switchscythe +10 (1d6+3/20/x4) and
. . Unarmed Strike +8 (1d2+2/20/x2)
Ranged Bomb +9 (2d6+3 Fire) and
. . Crossbow, Rp. Heavy +4 (1d8/19-20/x2)
Special Attacks Bomb 2d6+3 (6/day) (DC 14)
Spell-Like Abilities Speak with Animals (1/day)
Alchemist Spells Known (CL 3, 8 melee touch, 8 ranged touch):
1 (4/day) Reduce Person (DC 14), Cure Light Wounds (DC 14), Enlarge Person (DC 14), Enlarge Person (DC 14)
--------------------
STATISTICS
--------------------
Str 14, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10
Base Atk +5; CMB +6 (+8 Tripping); CMD 18 (20 vs. Trip)
Feats Brew Potion, Combat Expertise +/-2, Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Crossbow, Repeating Heavy, Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Piston Maul, Improved Trip, Throw Anything, Weapon Focus: Switchscythe
Traits Armor Expert, Quick Learner
Skills Appraise +9, Craft: Alchemy +10, Craft: Locks +9, Craft: Traps +9, Craft: Weapons +12, Disable Device +8, Fly +4, Knowledge: Dungeoneering +8, Knowledge: Engineering +8, Knowledge: Local +5, Perception +11, Sense Motive +3, Spellcraft +10, Stealth +6 Modifiers Alchemy +3
Languages Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Gnome, Goblin, Sylvan
SQ Armor Training 1 (Ex), Fast Poisoning (Move Action) (Ex), Gnome Magic, Hatred, Illusion Resistance, Infuse Mutagen (Su), Mutagen (DC 14) (Su), Poison Use, Swift Alchemy (Ex)
Combat Gear Crossbow, Rp. Heavy, Bolts, Repeater (10), Masterwork Piston Maul, Masterwork Switchscythe, Masterwork Chain Shirt; Other Gear Mutagen: +4 STR, -2 INT, +2 Nat AC, Mutagen: +4 STR, -2 INT, +2 Nat AC
--------------------
SPECIAL ABILITIES
--------------------
Alchemy +3 (Su) +3 to Craft (Alchemy) to create alchemical items, can Id potions by touch.
Armor Expert -1 Armor check penalty.
Armor Training 1 (Ex) Worn armor -1 check penalty, +1 max DEX.
Bomb 2d6+3 (6/day) (DC 14) (Su) Thrown Splash Weapon deals 2d6+3 fire damage.
Bravery +1 (Ex) +1 Will save vs. Fear
Combat Expertise +/-2 Bonus to AC in exchange for an equal penalty to attack.
Dancing Lights (1/day) (Sp) With Charisma 11+, cast Dancing Lights once per day.
Defensive Training +4 dodge bonus to AC against monsters of the Giant type.
Fast Poisoning (Move Action) (Ex) Apply poison to a weapon as a move action.
Ghost Sound (1/day) (Sp) With Charisma 11+, cast Ghost Sound once per day.
Gnome Magic +1 to the save DC of all illusions spells you cast.
Hatred +1 racial bonus to attacks against humanoids of the reptilian and goblinoid subtypes.
Illusion Resistance +2 racial bonus to saves against illusions.
Improved Trip You Trip at +2 and don't cause an attack of opportunity.
Infuse Mutagen (Su) When the alchemist creates a mutagen, he can infuse it with an extra bit of his own magical power. This inflicts 2 points of Intelligence damage to the alchemist and costs 1,000 gp in rare reagents, but the mutagen created persists on its own and is
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Mutagen (DC 14) (Su) Mutagen adds +4 to a Physical attribute, -2 to a mental attribute, and +2 natural armor for 10 minutes/level.
Poison Resistance +2 (Ex) +2 to save vs. Poison.
Poison Use You don't accidentally poison yourself with blades.
Prestidigitation (1/day) (Sp) With Charisma 11+, cast Prestidigitation once per day.
Speak with Animals (1/day) (Sp) Speak with Animals 1/day.
Swift Alchemy (Ex) You can construct alchemical items in half the normal time.
Throw Anything Proficient with improvised ranged weapons.  +1 to hit with thrown splash weapons.

Created With Hero LabĀ® - try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com!

Aether

My first idea of D&D / PF on E was a stone giant rock hurler, so playing a halfling throwing rocks is going to be so much fun!

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Yorubi on May 31, 2011, 02:22:20 PM
Pssh my characters couldn't be Chaste at all?  ;D

This coming from the girl who claimed she was oh so innocent.

~My interest is pending as you know Howling~ Just thought I'd let you know in this thread too.
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Yorubi

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on May 31, 2011, 05:10:08 PM
This coming from the girl who claimed she was oh so innocent.

~My interest is pending as you know Howling~ Just thought I'd let you know in this thread too.
...and indeed I am until proven guilty in the court of law. ^^

Anyways just to give my 2 cents, I think lvl 3 would work great for the roleplay. It makes the heroes a little less powerful to the point that it can really give a more gritty and dark feel behind it as they aren't likely to be able to take on anything. Leaves plenty of room to grow as well. At least taking in consideration that they might level and grow in strength through the RP to gain the power to really advance both not only in power but in their very character and progress in the world.

Aether

Ixy

Holy fucking shit at the posts...

Um, yeah, I'm  still interested :|  Let's try to start narrowing it down here--

Yes, homebrewish world is preferable just for the "loose" feeling it'd provide.

Iksander

I'm not sure if there's room for more, but if there is, I would certainly like to try my hand.  Haven't played Pathfinder before, but I'm definitely familiar with 3.5, I could probably put together something fairly easily, to fit in with the party.
I'm Just Some Guy.
Really.

Yorubi

@Iksander: Here you go Pathfinder SRD has all the pathfinder stuff that was put in and added. Not sure if the GM is planning to, but usually components in DnD3.5 from what I hear are allowed in if you ask for it since they are practically the same in terms of functioning, just a few balancing and changes made. ^^;;

Not sure how well it would run off, but what if it had like a 'guild' system of sorts so lots of different people can join and just swapping in for different missions. Then again, it could be a pain, specially if number wise its leading to there being like 2 groups or something able to journey at once or certain people getting stuck behind to do little of anything for some time. ^^;;

Lady Lunarius

Just so you all know he's been sleeping most of today ^_^ he should be up here in a bit.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

yuna0417

Crovonovin

At this rate we may have enough interested parties for three games, let alone just one!

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Shihong on May 31, 2011, 09:56:01 PM
At this rate we may have enough interested parties for three games, let alone just one!

Lol! I was thinking that too, mine is more pending, trying to make sure I can handle another and that sort of thing.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Yorubi

Same as I'm pretty much pending myself. In a bunch now and I know how it tends to work, I get involved in more and all sudden the ones I am in that slowed down pick up. That and I have my own darn RP that I for the life of me can't motivate myself to create a character to add a bit more interaction. I could make post after post of different content happening, but for some dang reason I can't bring myself to make a silly little profile, and I can't bring myself to just toss in a character without it. T.T.

Phantasmatical

I would be extremely interested in this as well. I love the Dragon Age setting, but have absolutely no objection to a homebrew setting either. So, I'm neutral on that front, essentially.

In the former case, I'd love to play a sorcerer if it were an option. Otherwise, I'd probably go with ranger. In the case of the homebrew game, I'd like to try out either the cavalier or summoner class.

That's assuming you'd consider taking on so many people. xD Looks like quite a crowd at the moment!

PhantomPistoleer

Too many people for a 5-member adventuring party.

Howling, can you please select your five players soon?  We're liable to have company soon if you don't.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Yorubi

Shh... we will drive howling crazy and force him to make 3 seperate Rps... we are all evil people like that.  >:)

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Yorubi on May 31, 2011, 10:23:25 PM
Shh... we will drive howling crazy and force him to make 3 seperate Rps... we are all evil people like that.  >:)

oh yeah you're fooling everyone with that attitude miss "innocent"
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Black Howling

Quote from: Ixy on May 31, 2011, 08:34:15 PM
Holy fucking shit at the posts...

Um, yeah, I'm  still interested :|  Let's try to start narrowing it down here--

Yes, homebrewish world is preferable just for the "loose" feeling it'd provide.
I had been waiting for you before I did too much with it, as you are the one that had the idea in the first place. WAS not expecting this sort of attention, especially with the low level of content I have up... Fucking hell; Lets narrow it down with people's questions here.
Quote from: Aether on May 31, 2011, 07:49:37 PM
Black Howling:

How are you making selections?
I was planning to make selections based on concept of character, but that's when I thought we wouldn't bring enough interested. Not class, but your character concept as a whole.
I'm gonna edit the first post, and start working on this and give everyone an update in a moment.

Now, to the group as a whole; don't get antsy. I just woke up, I'm gonna need to pour some caffeine down this gullet before I can write out what's needed. The first post will be changed to encompass the homebrew setting for people, or what there is of it. Not too much reading will be involved, as it's only the basics of a single country and the surrounding region; your character will discover more detail as they explore it

Now, Ixy is the only reason this game is up at all with her starting the other thread. I'm reserving her a spot, if she can come through with the goods; which is almost certain.

Yorubi

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on May 31, 2011, 10:34:13 PM
oh yeah you're fooling everyone with that attitude miss "innocent"
Nyah I am innocent!

Glad to see you up Howling. I have no problem sitting it out either really considering the interest. I pretty much put myself in as a 'maybe' since I'm not quite sure how busy my other RPs might keep me. ^^

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Yorubi on May 31, 2011, 11:01:10 PM
Nyah I am innocent!

Glad to see you up Howling. I have no problem sitting it out either really considering the interest. I pretty much put myself in as a 'maybe' since I'm not quite sure how busy my other RPs might keep me. ^^

Whatever

and...
NYAAAAA!!! I wanted to plot with you about our concepts....
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Yorubi

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on May 31, 2011, 11:06:17 PM
Whatever

and...
NYAAAAA!!! I wanted to plot with you about our concepts....
*Blinks* Plotting about concepts? Haha not quite sure how to take that one.  ;D

Concept wise I'm not sure really how I would go about it this RP. Might be just cause I'm exhausted and I require sleep (which i'm getting in a minute or so). Either way I'll peek on tomorrow. If I do use that character concept from the earlier RP, It would save me some time though I think I'll be tweaking a lot from it anyways to fit in the scenario better and leave a bit further room for character development. That and heck, working on concepts with someone would leave plenty more to add onto that. Again... only if I use that basis, there are plenty of other interesting character backgrounds to build and form from, all depending on what I have to work with in terms of a character class or any links with characters and any other little detail you can think of. ^^

Anyways I'm off to bed for now. Back on a normal sleep schedule sorta which is meh, though I do got to get up earlier to take care of my animals since I am home alone. No being lazy for me. ^^;;

PhantomPistoleer

I think that the best way to do this is for you and Ixy to have a heart to heart regarding who you want to join.

And then include that person for the selection of the next person, and then all three four the fourth, and then all four for the fifth.  That way, the group is built organically, instead of hodge-podge.  Everyone can develop good concepts, but that doesn't really work when building a team.

I also recommend that you divide the party up:  one tank, one trapfinder, one arcane, one divine and then one misc.  Ixy would get first choice, and the second person would get second choice, and so on and so on.

Lastly, I would then have the group of five itemize together.  That way all skills and all equipment is accounted for.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O