The Sword

Started by Ryguy121, June 20, 2012, 01:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryguy121

In an age long since passed, a legend of a sword that had lead man out of the dark and into the light was told. The teller of this story has been dead for many a century, though his name is known throughout the world, his name is Merlin. At the age of 15 Merlin was clumsy, and his ability to move, or do things without any physical effort was cause for concern, his mother noticed what it was, because his father- who had long since gone -had the same unusual abilities, though now they were outlawed. She decided, much to her own dismay, that it was unsafe for him to stay here and that he should visit her brother in the city. She decided to tell him during supper, that way he would be somewhat destracted.

Why is it, that I'm always feeding the pigs, Merlin had thought to himself, and it wasn't the first time, I always end up doing something that I can't explain. Today was no exeption, as Merlin was filling the trough, one of the pigs had headbutt him into the trough, and without thinking Merlin was stopped mid-air above the trough. Of course being in the middle of the air startled him and the first thing that popped in his mind was, up! And with that Merlin shot ten feet into the air and very bravely screamed at the top of his lungs. After his very quick decent flat on his back, he just lay there trying to get the air back, that he lost. "That's it! I'm tired of this, why is it that I'm the one like this?" After he slowly got up and crouched there and slowly straightened his back, whilst crying out in pain, he shuffled over to his house rubbing his spine. "Mother? I need to see a phisician!" he exclaimed as he shuffled into his house.

"Why do you say that?" she inquired as she turned her head to see Merlin rubbing his mud covered back, "Oh dear, let's see... try thinking that your back is fine"

"Fine," he grumbles, and with that his back feels great! "What the hell?!?"

"You're going to your uncle's right now!"

TO BE CONTINUED>>>

I realize it's short, but I was just writing to see if you guys would like it, if you do, don't hesitate to critizise on whatever you think needs work on
Thank-you!
-You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one- John Lennon