Interest Check: Aberrant (the white wolf superhumans game) in Ancient Earth

Started by Kolbrandr, July 24, 2015, 08:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kolbrandr

Wellll... your minor contacts would more resemble an information network, since at 3 you manage to have a wider faceless smattering of them a bit (though requiring rolls to find), but your major contacts need some specificity. You don't have to go full npc sketch with them, or request some full npc sketch, but something like the field they are active in and overall role they hold would be good, even a couple sentences work.

Kolbrandr

also, just a general note, don't all or even any have to be fellow gods, your major contacts, just useful enough in their area/field to count for a major contact.

avorae

Quote from: Kolbrandr on August 27, 2015, 04:12:23 AM
Avorae

Alright, for a mentor then, how's this?

Nike, Winged Goddess of Victory

Most of the Rhadamanthines generalize at least a little bit. Or at least, it can be said that they are put to purpose across more than just one sort of task. Nike is by contrast all military, all the time. This is not to say she is warlike or bloodthirsty, simply that she knows and is at peace with where her talents are best applied. If the term existed, she would be something of the drill sergeant of the Rhadamanthine Order and Theran legions both. She is beyond that a field general, quartermaster, logistics expert and special operations commander all rolled into one. When emergencies rise where farmers need to be quickly forged into a warhost, Nike is looked to. Stern when needed, supportive when needed and dedicated always, there is a notable lack for some great motivating tragedy in her life, she is simply a loyal citizen who loves her nation and seeks to do right by it (though she would slightly roll her eyes at the notion of such a thing being simple). A Theran citizen of Minos' own isle, her awakening is held to have come just after the completion of an obstacle course in record time, basking in the personal satisfaction of the achievement (she will note, with pride, she achieved the record before she achieved her divinity). Above all else, she has a keen eye for potential, sometimes to the point of recommending some to leave the legions so as not to waste talents that could better serve another field of accomplishment. While she has built a few personal bonds with her students over the years, overall she can be seen as a bit aloof outside of war or training, rumoured to be a result of knowing more intimately that most that she is sending the men and women she instructs off to die, likely as not.

More striking than beautiful, her dark hair one of black ringlets she keeps cut short, wearing either leathers or a gleaming bronze alloy breastplate and war skirt. She wields a spear of bronze alloy in battle, and can take to the skies as wings of blazing radiance take shape and trail light in her wake.

I like it and have added her name to the sheet for my mentor.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Kolbrandr

Aaalright, next up, your 5 major contacts. Doesn't have to be indepth, all of "a successful smuggler" satisfies things for a major contact, but you do need to pip them.

Muse

Question... 

Is having Attunement going to let me avoid breaking my staff when using my mega-strength? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Pretty in Pink

Cancel the ruling question, I'll take it anyway.  MA 3.  Good enough for me.

Now without further ado, here's the character sheet for the Storyteller to peruse!  While I finish finalizing the assembly of her backstory including how she went POOF.  Caitriona, Rhadamanthine Sergeant-at-Arms

I would also welcome suggestions for her second major Contact.  I got nothing.  *glances at self-power gauge*  Eeesh!  Closing on 24 hours awake, no wonder why my brain is shutting down.  XD  But she hath been created!  Let the fun begin!
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP

Pretty in Pink

avorae

Quote from: Kolbrandr on August 27, 2015, 07:16:32 AM
Aaalright, next up, your 5 major contacts. Doesn't have to be indepth, all of "a successful smuggler" satisfies things for a major contact, but you do need to pip them.

Here is the list of major Contacts:

Name: Furkan Sunay
Sex: Male
Job: Government Official

Name: Mero Chan
Sex: Male
Job: Successful Smuggler

Name: Junia
Sex: Female
Job: Ship Captain

Name: Avita Dura
Job: Courtesan

Name: Zeka Gatta
Job: Innkeeper

Meliai

{{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Kolbrandr

Aaalright, stuff...

Muse

Sure, I suppose, though at your level of backing and influence, you could just have Thera give you a staff worked with superalloys that won't break with your superstrength.

Avorae

Hokay on the contacts. All humans then?

Also, a sheet thing. I'd rather you had some psychic shield before jumping right into invulnerability psychic things. Take 2 dots of that instead, when you get your third, I'd be more cool with then buying invulnerability.

PiP

Never spend points on initiative, never ever. It's a waste. Also, Flashback is a really terrible flaw for a frontline soldier/leader/cover operative. If you drop the init point, ambidextrous and internal compass, you can lose the flaw.

As for the contacts, really you're doubling up on mentor anyway since the mentor is also with the legions, and as a member of the Rhadamanthine order, you'd have influence as well. I'd suggest cash out your contacts dots for influence dots instead, Rhadamanthines being all famous and so forth, slide a dot from cipher to such as well.

Also, your mentor would be one of the chosen (or otherwise they're not much of a mentor really). Do you have someone in mind or do you want me to hash someone out?

Pretty in Pink

Ack.  Sorry, didn't know, not used to Initiative being a purchasable thing.

All told:

Dropped Internal Compass, purchased Initiative and second BP purchased willpower, extra point from dropping added initiative into an additional dot for my mentor.  Everything else, I went with your suggestion, and noted changes in spending where I needed to.  In addition, via her backstory, that Commander from before she Nova'd is a Chosen.  Spoilered in Backstory, with emphasis added for what I'm talking about.  :P

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Few among the Heraclidae would willingly go headlong into the philosophy of the Theran Compact.  But when a young Fianna woman, taken as a prisoner of war by one of the myriad cultures around Theros, found her master's culture absorbed, it didn't take her long to realize there were only two ways out: remain a slave until the day she died, which might well be a long, long time, or convert.  She did so, though it took her some time to formally vocalize the decision.

Things went on as expected for a Theran slave: she was treated well, educated, and even pampered by her master.  But when he died, just shy of her seventeenth birthday, specific instructions were left to have her freed, and she was at loose ends in a new home.

It didn't take her long to join a local militia unit, led by a rather dour Chosen.  She slipped right in to the camaraderie seamlessly, throwing herself headlong into the - what she would never know it as - exact same training she would have gotten had she been raised amongst her own people.  She excelled, quickly rising to become a sub-lieutenant, only separated from the Chosen by her own immediate superior, who answered directly to the Chosen.

During an engagement at the border, her unit encountered a Heraclidaean Chosen. [Still working on this, I know it was Exposure/Excitement]

The manner of her becoming Chosen brought her to the attention of two groups: The Rhadamanthine Order, always on the lookout for strong soldiers willing to lay down their lives against the uneducated rabble that always sought to bring down the Theran Compact, and Xenos' Men.  Her former commander - refusing to order around a peer - suggested she seek membership with the Rhadamanthine, and wished her luck with the trials and entrance process.

So at loose ends again, barely 24 years of age, she went and petitioned for membership.  Throughout the year long examination of her person, her history, her abilities, and the new capabilities being Chosen had given her, she was working to learn exactly what she was capable of now that she had the power she did.

When she was admitted, she immediately threw herself into the duties of the Rhadamanthine Order, immediately taking up a patrol on the edge of Theran territory.  Here, she helped put down an uprising staged by the Hand of Baal, personally singling out and beating the leader.  Finally, this had proved the final straw, and her return to Thera's capitol saw her approached by a member of Xenos' counterintelligence division, offering a place in their ranks to 'a true convert, one worthy of helping to protect Thera's interests, and her people'.  She accepted, and now works a double life, fulfilling the duties assigned her by the Companions, but always waiting for that call that would send her in to deal with another suspected spy.

Kolbrandr

right, what I mean is, do you have a particular image of them in mind beyond that, or want me to sort that out?

Pretty in Pink

Oh, uhm.  Yeah, I don't really have anything beyond that, aside from he's a chosen of a very martial sort.  Go ahead and sort him out beyond that if you want.

avorae

Quote from: Kolbrandr on August 27, 2015, 06:50:32 PM
Avorae

Hokay on the contacts. All humans then?

Also, a sheet thing. I'd rather you had some psychic shield before jumping right into invulnerability psychic things. Take 2 dots of that instead, when you get your third, I'd be more cool with then buying invulnerability.

The captain is a chosen but all the rest are human. As for the invulnerability I went and changed it to Psychic Shield II and will figure out what to do with my last floating Nova point after I grab some dinner.

Kolbrandr

Oh, you could actually just take psychic shield 3 now then really. When you get xp, you can get the invulnerability.

edit: had a brief brain freeze on the cost of the invulnerability.

Kolbrandr

Quote from: Pretty in Pink on August 27, 2015, 07:23:23 PM
Oh, uhm.  Yeah, I don't really have anything beyond that, aside from he's a chosen of a very martial sort.  Go ahead and sort him out beyond that if you want.

Sure, that's fine.

Kolbrandr

Okay, PiP, how's this for your mentor:

Caelestis

Called sometimes the master of the Theran borders, Caelestis fights to defend a Thera he very rarely sees much of, for his gifts make him much needed on Thera's contested zones with the Heraclidae. Not any kind of Oracle, the man instead has some of the keenest and far ranging senses in the entire compact, seeming to be able to view divine energies themselves, that he can see divine gifts even as they are shaped, that he can look across planes of being, to see, some say, into the very souls of men. It is said that his capacity to see and hear coming threat drove him to condition himself to be able to face it, to do something about the suffering and agony that came first into just the corner of his gaze, then painfully into view. It has made him a figure of conviction, and also more than a touch dour, perhaps a reaction to the darkness in the world he looks to from beyond, from on high. There are suggestions sometimes for the man to take sabbaticals from his command postings over various legions, but he himself ignores them.

Appropriate to his heavens lofty senses, Caelestis more floats just off the ground than walks upon it, his hair and eyes flow with starscapes of black and silver pinpoints of light, his build a lean and hard one, forged from countless skirmishes and offensives.

Pretty in Pink

Kolbrandr

Alright, I think then we're actually closing in on getting this show on the road, just want to do a look at how ESG spent points just to check on not being underspent (and also make sure the offered contact and ally are fine), and if everyone who has linguistics hasn't picked languages yet could do so.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Kolbrandr on August 28, 2015, 01:28:55 AM
Alright, I think then we're actually closing in on getting this show on the road, just want to do a look at how ESG spent points just to check on not being underspent (and also make sure the offered contact and ally are fine), and if everyone who has linguistics hasn't picked languages yet could do so.

I will take and look it over and break down the point spend when I get home from work tonight.  Sorry did not get it sooner when first asked.  Been busy week at work and its been draining me.   

Pretty in Pink

And I'm taking Proto-Celtic (since she's Fianna Born but Theran Raised, she might still have some of the original language, and just kept developing it), and Proto-Germanic as well.

avorae

I went with Bantu as my native tongue and picked up Theran, and Mycenaean as the ones she learned with her linguistic dots

Meliai

Kometa's native tongue is European Tribal whatsits and her dot is Theran~
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Elven Sex Goddess

Points fixed,  the spend is on last post pg 5 of the character at top of post.