Seeking a Survivors or jericho themed roleplay

Started by playfullchick76, August 09, 2010, 03:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

playfullchick76

I would be interested in playing out either one.

For the survivors one, I would be either a drug smuggler who was being returned to the US for fresh charges, or in the US Marshall service, in London to extradite a prisoner to the states. Then the virus hits the world and theres no returning home.

For the Jericho one, it would be like the series, after the nuclear blasts that hit specific places and caused chaos. it could be set in the town of jericho, with me living just out of it, wealthy and in a home that has its own power generation, or it could be set somewhere else in the US.

If anyone likes either idea, let me know in here. I'll be away on holiday for a month, so I'll discuss it with anyone who likes it when I'm back.

AmberMK

I might be interested in such a roleplay. I won't be able to post regularly for a couple more weeks yet, so the timing could work out with your holiday. I'll be sure to check back.

Chrystal

*chuckles* I'm moderately interested, but I've not seen either series. I am, however, old enough to remember this, the original BBC TV series from the 70s!

I seem to remember being disappointed by the ending. It was a long time ago though!

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Canuckian

I really like these ideas.  Any way for a male to worm his way into these games?  I haven't played in a multiple-person rp before, so hopefully we can all work something out.

playfullchick76

excellent, i'm glad that theres been so much interest. I wont be home for another few days. Theres plenty of room for a male to worm his way in, fear not. this could be a multiplayer one, but they dont seem to last very long here for some reason, but we can give it a shot. I'm ok with one on ones or a group one, depending on whats more popular, and if Chrystal and AmberMK say yes. If not, then I'll do one on ones with everyone.

I havnt seen the original one, but i saw it in jb's though.

If you want to, put in your character preferences in here, and what one you want to play out, Jericho or survivors.

Canuckian

[quote author=playfullchick76 link=topic=78465.msg3546707#msg3546707 date=1282953104 Theres plenty of room for a male to worm his way in, fear not. this could be a multiplayer one, but they dont seem to last very long here for some reason, but we can give it a shot. I'm ok with one on ones or a group one, depending on whats more popular, and if Chrystal and AmberMK say yes. [/quote]
Yay!  I had been hoping that this game idea wouldn't die like so many others, so there's hope yet!
If not, then I'll do one on ones with everyone.
... you're insatiable.  This is a good thing :D

QuoteIf you want to, put in your character preferences in here, and what one you want to play out, Jericho or survivors.
As I've never seen Jericho before, I vote for generic survivors.  An "after the fall" type of game.  As for character preferences, I'll wait for the others to chime in before making any decisions.

playfullchick76

I find that group ones just seem to fizzle out too quickly. I started up a predators group one,and that only took a week to fizzle out, i dont know what it is about group ones, but they just dont last long.

I'm the kind of girl who can do a lot at once, and like multiple partners in multiple roleplays. And I can keep up, so dont worry about that. Survivors was set in England, london and fillmed in manchester, but we can set it in any westernised country that I'm familiar with really.

Chrystal

I think a lot of things fizzle that are fan-fic'ed too closely on their prototype. People prefer original ideas. But equally, you, as GM, have to keep things moving...

I've noticed things also go wrong when a key player suddenly drops out. Best way to keep this from happening I think is to not have key players. Make every player expendable. Then if someone drops out, simply have their character killed off or something. Also make it possible for new players to join!

That said, I'd totally forgotten that I'd expressed an interest in this one! If you are planning on starting it any time in the next few months, I won't be able to take part, as I'm already over committed. Sorry!

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Canuckian

Quote from: Chrystal on August 28, 2010, 01:17:30 PM
That said, I'd totally forgotten that I'd expressed an interest in this one! If you are planning on starting it any time in the next few months, I won't be able to take part, as I'm already over committed. Sorry!
Pity.  Now all we're waiting on is AmberMK, and hopefully we can get this ball rolling :D

AmberMK

Yes, I am here. And still interested. I'm more familiar with Jericho than Survivors, but if someone fills me in I'll be good to go. As for whether it's a group or not, I guess that depends on how fast ya'll are wanting to post. I'm probably looking at once a day on most days, with occasional days where I can't post. So if you want a faster paced one, might be best for me to do a one-on-one. Whichever you prefer.

Canuckian

Ultimately it's up to the OP if she wants to play a group game or solo, but I would at least like to try out the group idea first. 

playfullchick76

After some thinking, I would prefer to do solo ones with Canuckian and AmberMK. With only three of us, it wont be too much of a group.

Amber, we could do a Jericho one, as I do want to play one like that out, and you do want to, and you know it better.

Canuckian, lets do survivors. Put in your character idea and where you want it set in.

As for response time, once a day is more than acceptable. I'm on most nights and can reply most nights.

Canuckian

Quote from: playfullchick76 on September 03, 2010, 10:41:04 AM
After some thinking, I would prefer to do solo ones with Canuckian and AmberMK. With only three of us, it wont be too much of a group.
Pity.
QuoteCanuckian, lets do survivors. Put in your character idea and where you want it set in.
Since I'm unfamiliar with Survivors, I'd like to play a generic "after the fall" type deal.  Maybe set in the 28 Days Later 'verse.  What are your O&Os, Playful?

playfullchick76

I do hope that i havnt put you off Canuckian, but group ones just fizzle out too quickly, and I want one that will last for months and months, not a week or two.

I would be happy to play one out with you ala 28 days later. Where do you want it set in. My ons and offs in here are pretty straightforward. Mostly correct spelling and typing. Idealy sentences or paragraph size replies to posts.

I dont go for extreme pain. I like to keep things freeform, after all, we're only limited by our imaginations in here.

Canuckian

Quote from: playfullchick76 on September 03, 2010, 11:14:21 AM
I do hope that i havnt put you off Canuckian, but group ones just fizzle out too quickly, and I want one that will last for months and months, not a week or two.
Nah, you haven't put me off at all.  I agree with you that group games don't work out, but it was a pleasing thought nonetheless :)

QuoteI would be happy to play one out with you ala 28 days later. Where do you want it set in.
Generic North American setting?  I'm not too familiar with anything beyond the West Coast of North America, so it'd be a help if we could set it there.

QuoteMy ons and offs in here are pretty straightforward. Mostly correct spelling and typing. Idealy sentences or paragraph size replies to posts.

I dont go for extreme pain. I like to keep things freeform, after all, we're only limited by our imaginations in here.
Same here.  I'm quite flexible in my desires, but I prefer to keep it to the shallow end of the kink-pool.  Nothing too extreme and we'll get along great :)

playfullchick76

I do like fetish themed roleplays, but for one like this, its better if its kept non kinky.

I have been to Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle, we could set in any of those cities if you like.

For my character, she could be a former cop, or someone who knows how to stay alive. Not necessarily a gang member, but someone borderline perhaps, daughter of a survivalist, who lost her parents and survives on her own, sure that she's the last surviving human in the city.

She would have a secure place, weapons, food, all that, just ideas. Unless you saw my character as someone more sheltered and unused to a world of zombies.

AmberMK

Quote from: playfullchick76 on September 03, 2010, 10:41:04 AM

Amber, we could do a Jericho one, as I do want to play one like that out, and you do want to, and you know it better.

That sounds good to me. Feel free to start it whenever you'd like. I'll follow your lead. If there's anything in particular you'd like to see or not see from my character, let me know ;)

playfullchick76

Ok, would you want it set in the town of Jericho, or another town somewhere, Im easy, as I still remember enough of Jericho to set it there.

It could be set just after the blasts if you like. As for my character, she would have won powerball and had enough money to buy and build a place that was spacious, filled with all sorts of comforts, but would be energy efficient, had enough solar panels and wind turbines to supply over 70 percent of her power needs. She would stockpile food and other items in case the big one hit, but she's surprised when it does hit.

She would be a bit of a mystery, as she lives alone on her property out of town, only coming into town once a week for perishables. Would you be from the town, or someone passing through, maybe get in some trouble, and I find you. That could be the best idea, maybe your being followed by brigands on the road, I come across you and save you, if that works.

AmberMK

I'm thinking my character would be traveling through town when the blasts hit. Desperate to get home to see if her boyfriend is all right, she races out of town. Not far from your character's property, she's sideswiped by panicked people heading the other way in a much larger vehicle. She's run off the road and left in the ditch. As she crawls out, brigands set upon her to steal whatever she has and maybe have some fun with her in the process. That's when you show up. ;) How's that?

playfullchick76

I like that, I like that a lot, that shows good thinking. If you like, i can get it started up and tell you which forum its in. How far do you want things to go before my character shows up.