The Wars of Mythos

Started by catherinehellfire, September 14, 2014, 01:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catherinehellfire

(FYI: this roleplay was originally by MzHyde who used this idea long ago, and i liked it so much that I decided to try and restart it)

-The Premise-
Welcome to a fantasy twist on Dynasty Warriors! The continent of Mythos has always been rife with conflict, but the flames of full-on war have always been kept at bay by a single man; Tiberius Septimus, "The God King". Rumored to be an immortal, survivor of multiple assassination attempts, conflicts, battles, and adventures. He united Mythos under a single banner, ushering in an age of peace that has lasted over five thousand years. Seemingly ageless, Tiberius sat the throne for all that time with hardly a challenge to his rule. He was beloved.

Now he's dead.

The God King lay slain in his throne room, literally stabbed in the back by his most trusted advisers. His blood had hardly cooled before utter war broke out across the land. The twelve regions of Mythos were at the mercy of various warlords that have long been vying for power. The vacuum of power left behind by The God King needed filling and anyone with an army and a sword was willing to make a try for it. For the first time in nearly five thousand years, chaos reigns.

-The Game-
This will be a freeform game. You can play any type of character you like, from a concubine to a soldier, all the way up to a warlord. Interact with others as you wish; lust, love, sadness, betrayal, warfare, diplomacy! The story is yours to create. Do you want to explore and see what's out there? Go for it. Want to rally the troops and try to conquer the land? Do it with sword in hand. Want to be a loyal retainer to a ruthless warlord? Yes, master! This will be a large game so there will be (hopefully) many players to interact with, many things going on, and always some new lore to either experience or develop yourself. We can make this land as detailed as we chose. If prose isn't your thing and you're thinking of warfare, we can do that too. Battles can be resolved through OOC discussion, voting, or a roll of the dice bot. Important:  If you are going to be off and someone needs you to post to continue please tell me and them.  If you are gone for 5 days me or any co-gms I might appoint can do some vague NPCing(we might say your character does something or agrees to it but we won't say how he/she thinks or feels as to not commit you to it) for your character for you unless you give the person that is waiting for you permission to do so.  Check below for descriptions of the land and a sample character profile!

The Regions
1. Crescent Cape: Site of an old kingdom, this region is dotted with plenty of ruins. Ancient keeps and castles dot the rolling hills and plentiful coast lines. Even more surprises await explorers within their depths. The Cape is one of the largest trade hubs on Mythos and it's capitol of Seahaven is a mecca for merchants and traders. The Cape's war-torn history provides a benefit in it's massive wall that blocks off any over land route save through it's massive central gate which is guarded night and day. Crescent Cape is ruled by a human lord.

2. Fovoham Plains: Fovoham and Miella Plains were once a united region called The Green Sea. Their elven rulers kept the peace with a carefully balanced council. When The God King fell, chaos erupted in the council, driving a wedge into it and splitting it firmly into two camps. Battle lines were soon drawn and the people of The Green Sea were divided, all because their leaders couldn't come to an agreement. The people of Fovoham and Miella are nomadic by nature, expert traders, horse riders, and archers. They are often called 'Sun Elves', because of their tanned skin.

3. Miella Plains: Fovoham and Miella Plains were once a united region called The Green Sea. Their elven rulers kept the peace with a carefully balanced council. When The God King fell, chaos erupted in the council, driving a wedge into it and splitting it firmly into two camps. Battle lines were soon drawn and the people of The Green Sea were divided, all because their leaders couldn't come to an agreement. The people of Fovoham and Miella are nomadic by nature, expert traders, horse riders, and archers. They are often called 'Sun Elves', because of their tanned skin.

4. Granbriar: The mountainous north eastern region of Granbriar has always been home to the dwarves because, frankly, no other race can sustain themselves there. The mountains are harsh and have forged the dwarves into a hardy people. They have carved out a network of strongholds in and around the mountains. These strongholds can be dug so deep and so complex that some sections have lain undisturbed for hundreds of years. The mountains are rich with minerals and have provided the dwarves with some of the best weapons and armor on the continent. Granbriar is ruled by a council of the four richest dwarven families.

5. Lede: Once the seat of power of The God King himself, Lede is a perfect mixture of rolling plains, verdant meadows, and clear blue waters. It's capitol, Grandwell, is one of largest cities on Mythos. Lede is a massive trade hub and merchants from all over the continent journey to it's rich cities daily. With the death of The God King, however, the palace is in anarchy. Peace is only held within the cities and capitol by the few remaining generals brave enough to take charge.

6. Tidepool: Certainly the moistest of all the regions in Mythos, it is actually less known for it's lakes and more known for it's ley lines. Ley lines are hidden conduits of magic that run under the ground all across the planet. Many of these lines converge in Tidepool and in it's capitol city of Vos. Tidepool has more or less always existed in a sort of autonomous state. The cities, with their plentiful fish, fresh water, and easy access to magic, have been self-sustaining. The closest it has to leadership is The Mage's College, which is really the only organized body in the region.

7. The Sword Coast: "The Sword Coast" became this region's official name by default. It has long been a haven for the dregs of society; thieves, smugglers, pirates, mercenaries and the like all make their homes here. The few towns are mostly on the cost, as much of the land is dotted with thick forests. The land is more or less lawless, with individual towns being more or less ruled by the most successful or powerful merchants, thieves, or mercenary troupe. If you need anything, it can be found on The Sword Coast.

8. Westfall: Westfall is unique in it's complete lack of uniqueness. It is a simple land, an equal mixture of plain and forest. It is a place that welcomes all races and, somehow, despite a mixture of cultures (or perhaps because of it) has been relatively untouched by strife or war. Westfall is ruled by a council of representatives from each race - except for the demons.

9. Orrenstadt: The deep valleys and high peaks of Orrenstadt have long been home to creatures less welcome in polite culture. It is populated with numerous tribes. Harpies, lizard men, minotaurs, goblins, and other creatures crudely refer to as "monsters". Exiled by the more civilized and intelligent races, these forsaken creatures have made a stronghold of sorts in Orrenstadt. Were one to venture deep enough into the mountains, they might stumble upon Zu, a massive fortress city built into an ancient castle. It is here that most of the intelligent monster races make their home.

10. South Dunwhal:
What was once known simply as Dunwhal has now been split in two. Much like The Green Sea, the land was quickly divided when The God King fell. Tragically, however, Dunwhal was not ruled by a council, but a single noble family. A noble house that now stands divided - one side wishes to take power and rule over Mythos, the other determined to find a way to bring The God King back. Dunwhal now wages war on itself, an endless war. Rich with gold mines, Dunwhal is the financial capital of Mythos and this wealth allows for it's ruling houses to purchase weapons from Granbriar, trade goods from The Cape, and mercenaries from The Sword Coast.

11. North Dunwhal: What was once known simply as Dunwhal has now been split in two. Much like The Green Sea, the land was quickly divided when The God King fell. Tragically, however, Dunwhal was not ruled by a council, but a single noble family. A noble house that now stands divided - one side wishes to take power and rule over Mythos, the other determined to find a way to bring The God King back. Dunwhal now wages war on itself, an endless war. Rich with gold mines, Dunwhal is the financial capital of Mythos and this wealth allows for it's ruling houses to purchase weapons from Granbriar, trade goods from The Cape, and mercenaries from The Sword Coast.

12. Hiei: A peaceful stretch of coast and an island, all cut off by the sea and a mountain pass. The lands beyond the pass are a gorgeous mixture of plain and woods, ripe with game and food. It would have surely been overtaken by one of the other regions long ago, were it not ruled by and populated entirely by demons. It's at this point that one must make known the diference between 'devils' and 'demons' in Mythos. Devils love violence and chaos for the sake of violence and chaos. They are monsters through and through. Demons are born from dark and, yes, evil magic - but they do evil and perpetuate violence for personal gain, or to get something. Thus, Hiei has long been ruled by these demons. It is, ironically, one of the most peaceful regions on Mythos. Hiei is home to one of the most formidable, well-trained armies on the continent.

13. Naros: A small island off the cost of Mythos near Hiei.  It is known greatly for it's two great trade cities, one which controls trade traffic from the cost of Mythos and one that receives the boats from other lands, giving it much control over any trade boats from the south or southeast.  Though mainly populated by humans, there is a smaller native draconian population.  Naros is controlled by two lords, one of each great city, as it is generally known that if anyone ruled both cities would have undeniable control of the island.

Also this is my first time trying to GM a group roleplay so I'm open if one or two people would like to co-GM with me.
If sex was a roller-coaster, I'd ride it over and over again.

Absences: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=261213.0

catherinehellfire

Name: Catherine Raelana
Nickname: Roaring Thunder, The Sword of the East, Conqueror of the coast
Species: Cat-person/Khajit
Family: Are all dead
Position: Ruler of the Sword coast(2/3s of it as of yet
Hair/fur Color: orangish yellow with black stripes and some white on her chest and stomach.
Eye color: Bright yellow
Buld: between slender and average
Breast size: small c-cups
Skin color: White
Identifying Marks: A slash mark scar on her right shoulder
Height: 6' 3''
Weight: 185lbs

Personality:  Catherine is tough, cold, and calculating while in a battle or other serious situation.  Though at other times she can be kind.  She regularly goes out among her towns to hang out and drink with the soldiers.  She believes that a leader should know their people and spend much time among them.  She is very careful when nearer to the frontline areas, never getting drunk enough to become sluggish and only drinking and eating things made and given to her by people she trusts.  She is very playful in and out of the bedroom, liking to flirt and tease with those who are closer to her.

Background: Catherine was born in a poor family at the Sword coast, which isn't to surprising as there are many.  She was the runt of her family, smaller than her brothers and sisters.  She was picked on a lot by them and others, which made her a goal to become stronger.  She would take long runs, train in fighting in secret (usually in her room or at the forest surrounding the town), She started growing faster, stronger, more skilled, and soon she was stronger than any of those who had picked on her.  When she was 15, her father fell into great debt with the lord of the town, and so the family was wiped out.  Though Catherine escaped.  For the next two years she stayed in the forest, learning how to survive, fighting off wild animals, becoming stronger.  She sold animal hides to the nearby towns.  Not spending any of it as she gathered anything she needed.  When she was 17 she decided to return to society, in a very noticeable way.

She used all of the money she gathered for multiple things, she bought armor, a sword, a shield, a small house, and the rest went into helping her get training from one of the best swordsmen in the Sword Coast.  For another 6 years she trained and trained, until she finally bested her master.  At this time, she knew she was ready.  She formed a mercenary guild known as The Sword Eye, the Symbol of which was a red eye with a sword as it's pupil.  She gathered members and grew her strength, before setting siege to the town she had been born in.  The siege had not taken long, as the people of the town helped her, hoping she would be a better leader than their old one.  After that she got all nearby villages to surrender, gaining more troops, gold, and land. 

For the next 2 years she was on her mostly peaceful conquest.  Keeping to small victories and avoiding fights with the large towns, as not to draw the attention of the empire.  Many places surrendered to her as the farms and other outside villages that supplied the towns came under Catherine's control.  She started to challenge the leaders of towns, if their best fighter could beat her in battle, they could have all she owned, if not, she got what they owned.  By the time the Emperor died, through her many methods of conquering, she had about 1/3 of the Sword Coast under her control.  With the Emperor dead and the empire is chaos she was finally open to go on full out war with the towns and cities of the Sword coast without fear of an attack from the Empire.  The start of her all out conquest has went well. Taking enough territory so she now owns most of the sword coast.  The scar she carries came from a recent fight with the largest city of the Sword coast.  The losses had been high for both sides and Catherine had came face to face with the man that had ruled this city unopposed for 20 years.  Their battle had been long and tiring.  She only was dealt one blow in the battle.  The slash that gave her her large scar missed her neck by just inches.  For now she has stopped the advance of her troops to give them time to rest and to gather her strength.  Catherine is known by her nicknames through her prowess on the battlefield.  To normal soldiers it is as if a storm spirit was gliding through their ranks, roaring out her battle cry.

Weapon/Magic:
-Cat Person/Khajit-  They are faster in both speed and reflexes than humans and slightly stronger.  She also has heightened sight, smell, and hearing.  Plus she has claws
-Valloitus(Conquest)- Catherine's long-sword.  It was made by the best blacksmiths of the sword coast in a room that was specially made for creating the sword.  Many a nights was made making this sword, each night it was forged stronger.  Once finally done a magic, emerald green stone was added to the pommel(giving it the ability to channel wind magic through it as well as other abilities).  It is said that it can cut many creatures who mortals had usually been unable to hurt. 
-Wind Control:Minor- she trained shortly in the magical arts of magic, allowing her to create gusts of wind and even sent out a short wave of concentrated wind from her sword, giving her slashes farther reach.  Though the wind wave won't cut too deep.
-Predator tracking- Once she gets your scent it is almost impossible for her to lose you unless you acquire a new scent or hide in a stronger scent.

Ons: Women(more of an On than men), Men, Fighting, Drinking, Gold
Offs: Disrespect, defeat, lack of strength (mental and physical), those who manipulate others for their purposes. (though you could get her to do many things through enough gold.)

catherinehellfire

As a side mark, you can always use a picture but describe any difference.  Also magic use without and enchanted items takes many years of practice, so don't expect your character to be both a master of magic and weapons.  Also, if you can think of any bonuses your race would get just post it in abilities and I'll tell you if it's okay or not.

Interdiction of words

Lo and Behold, my interest is here and I love games like this so I will come along
Posts are currently: Medium
Darn work and school is getting in the way. I will get posts out as fast as I can but it is going to be hard on me as for you.

Oh my, I haven't posted on our thread? PM me or check out my A&A

catherinehellfire

Cool, just so you know most races are allowed in this and when you want to make a character I'd prefer if it covers most of the things mine has, about one to two paragraphs should be fine for history though you can do more, and if you plan to make a warlord my character is a basis of how powerful they should be about.(they are trying to take lead after all, though I guess you could do it through diplomacy or trickery to)

Interdiction of words

Name: Avernus Mordail/Alexander Grodalth
Nickname: Shadow tongue/Rising Sun, High priest
Species: Replisis: Reptile man/Forimoth: Horse man
Family: Parents abandon child/ His parents are long past away but he still has two sisters
Position: Assassin, thief, and bounty hunter/High Priest and ruler of the right one fourth  of Miella Plain
Hair/fur Color: Eye color: Bright white with a black slit/soft blue
Build: Slender but well-toned/strong and powerful
Breast size: N/A/N/A
Skin color: White and black/grey
Identifying Marks: Three claw marks that run over his left eye/none that can be seen from the outside
Height: 6' 5''/ 6' 8”
Weight: 145lbs/215lbs

Personality: Subversion, fear, shadow, and no constrains for that is the assassin’s way. Avernus has always been one to toy with his prey for fear is sometimes the only weapon you need to make your foes or target expose themselves to you. Being of shadow changes your perspective on people, you see them from different angles and that made Avernus push himself away from reality because of what he saw. No longer caring if he takes a life or not it is all up to the coin. Sometimes one has to dig deep to find what they are looking for but Avernus dug and didn't like what he saw/Something about strength is very important for Alexander since he was raised in a family that valued strength. Intelligent and preferring to use his strength as a scalpel instead of a blunt insurgent. Precise and swift he will lay down blows that would cause damage before the enemy knew what hit them. A strong defense makes a strong offence. Strong in his heart, he will be kind to those who need it and to those that wish to hurt him well the opposite is true as well

Background:
Avernus: Laid in a clutch of eggs he hatched earlier than the rest of his siblings but his parents weren't there. His people were known to abandon their clutches for an abandoned clutch made stronger warriors. From an early age, he had to defend himself, feed himself, and take care of himself. Deep in the marshes of Tide pool there are many creatures that would love to have a small lizard for breakfast so to defend himself he hid in logs, under rocks and so forth on to the point he could hide from any predator that came to call. Finally being a few years old his quills grew out of the top of his head to provide an extra layer of defense against those that would seek to eat or dominate him. Other races were known for their capture and enslavement of his race so being quick on one’s feet.

Leading on with his life he grew slowly but surely to the point he was an adult. Being an Adult in his society meant that he would be required to have some sort of job, looking about and failing many expectations he hid himself away from his people’s eyes. Lost and alone he learned to take and steal what he needed to survive. He was getting good at stealing, hiding and making a general mess of things. One day he overheard some guards talking about him and they said that he was an assassin sent from far away to do damage, taking that mantel for himself he went out into the world with a new purpose.

Alexander: Born straight into a poor family, Alexander had to learn hard work from the very beginning. His mother and father were both farmers that grew wheat for the yearly harvest where that wheat would be turned into some of the best bread that Alexander had every tasted. Year after year he helped his siblings and parents plow the fields, harvest the grain, and sow new seed. By the time he was eight he knew everything about growing wheat but that all changed one day. Four monks from the nearby monastery came to the farm and asked to see Alexander. The four monks sat Alexander down to tell him a tale of tragedy. The last High Priest had never had a son so without a high priest the religion of the Stars would fall into disarray. The High Priestess searched the many achieves for anyone related to the high priest and Alexander was the next in line for the seat of High Priest.

Alexander knew then that he would be taken to the Starlight Cathedral where he would be taught all the information a High Priest would need to know. It was a sad moment for his whole family but he promised one day he would return to visit them again. Every year he would come back to see his family and he grew into a strong young man ready to defend his country from the forces of those that would take away their rights and freedoms. With an army at his back made of many different races thanks to the church spreading across the land.

Weapon/Magic:
Avernus:
-Reptile man- Able to breath underwater, strong then humans, predators, quills with sleep poison on them and can last through heat better, plus four arms all armed with claws.
Two swords- One is called The Executor and the other is the Judicator, the both of them are single bladed curved Blink- he can phase shift twenty feet at a time but he can do that only every five minutes
Shadows- he can blend into the shadows with ease
Reptile scales: He can take hits from daggers and short swords to the point that it would be shrugged off thanks to the hardness of the scales.
Reptilian breeding: Reptiles gain heat from the partner in the sexual moment to gain a longer endurance.
Alexander:
Horse man- Strong and have more endurance then the regular humans or most other anthros
A War hammer- Divine retribution, he uses this hammer to pound his enemies and cast his spells of light.
Light centered spells- he has a very verse knowledge of light magic, being the high priest of the church in his land. Those are used to scare away demons, ward undead, and buff those around him.
Vitality of the Stars: he can last long under stress and sexual situations thanks to his ties to the gods on high.
Horse balls and cock: Larger then any human and anthro in both departments he can fill a female in both ways.

Alexander's army is made of:
"Light Bearer"
"Picture"

The Light Bearers are the front line infantry designed to take the brunt of the enemy attack. Making formations of impenetrable walls they are to block all enemies before swinging their axes down upon the enemies. All of them are fiercely trained to make sure that they stand firm against all those that would dare to attack their lines. Their shields have been enchanted with the magic of the stars making each shield very strong to the enemy. Heavily armored they are slow on the battlefield but they prefer that the enemy comes to them before they attack. When they attack they make formations of shields to advance slowly upon the enemy.
"Shooting Stars"
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
A special breed of equines that had been born inside of the temples of the Church. Having a special connection to the church they have a natural ability to take the stars at their beck and call. Callers of the divine light, the arrows rain down as the stars themselves.
"Divine Healers"
Monks that had studied long in the arts of healing and warding of evil, they are the support of the army; always keeping the men and women healthy. More healers then fighters they stay behind the main fighting force.
"Fervor of the Stars"
Fast, tact, strong and swift; these are the will of the stars being manifested into a physical form. Striking with the power of the stars themselves, the Fevor carve their way in between the enemies far and wide. Ambushing is their specialty since they can blend into nature itself to hide from the sight of the enemy 
"Retribution Strikers"
Made to throw their spears a rate faster then any other unit they are the force of justice as they rain their spears upon the enemy. Hiding right behind the front line infantry this makes the Retribution all the more powerful
"Moon Priests"
Callers of the might moon themselves they are the vanquisher of evil for they call down beams of moonlight to eradicate the foes along with blessing their weapons to strike true into the hearts of the enemies. Fighting isn't their best suite but they can still pack a punch into the enemy.
"Projections of Light"
The buffers that deal the most sort of support in the whole army, giving the soldiers the advantage in a time of need.
"Void swords"
They are the eilte core of fighting in the darkness, making it harder for the enemy to find them but striking down those that would prove themselves harmful against the church. Summoning a blade made of pure energy they can strike through most shields

My On Off page
Darn work and school is getting in the way. I will get posts out as fast as I can but it is going to be hard on me as for you.

catherinehellfire

Cool, good characters.  Now we jsut need a few more people to join and I'll make OOC and character threads

Interdiction of words

Hmm, well no one had expressed interest so want to make a another character and the both of us do GMing?

catherinehellfire

I guess we could,  Just give me time to make one and we can start, though for any with interest this will stay open.  I'll put this in extreme small group, or at least I'm hoping for it to eventually be so.

Interdiction of words

Yes, I could maybe get some more interest this way

catherinehellfire

Interdiction of words

Alright, Might be able to get one person

catherinehellfire

Name: Isabele Narisin
Nickname: The Breath-taker
Age: 43(pretty young by elf standards)  Looks between 18 and 21
Species: Elf
Family: Her mother and father, both upper class elves in the Fovoham plains
Position: Traveling entertainer and collector of minor magical items
Hair/fur Color: white-Blonde
Eye color: Blue
Buld: More of a slender build
Breast size: D cups
Skin color: White
Identifying Marks: A tattoo of a lotus on her right hand, her family symbol
Height: 6'
Weight: 144 pounds
Isabele

Personality:  Isabele is nice, kind, and likes to see the good in most creatures.  Many would call her naive, and in some ways they might in fact be right, she has never known true danger, but is always ready for it.  She loves dancing, singing, playing instruments, showing off to a crowd, and the fresh air of the elven lands, though many others live in them.  She is thrilled by the feeling of playing and dancing for a crowd.  Many would call her a tease for wearing little clothing when she dances, and in fact, deep inside she likes how men stare upon her, but she rarely ever lets them close.  She is rebellious to her parents and some other authority figures.  Truth is if she would let men close she is pretty easy to make blush.  She is a loyal friend and won't give up on them.

Background: Isabele was raised in the capital city of the Fovoham Plains, the only city, and one of the only existing settlements in it, as most of the elves were nomads.  As a higher class elf in the city she enjoyed many pleasures that most elves did not, but she also did not get the freedom she did.  When she was young she always had wanted to go out and play but her father forbade it, as even from when she was born he had a plan to marry her off to and elven lord's son, and didn't want to take any chances.  She got to go out of there, but she soon learned that if she tried to escape to do anything that in father would respond in kind, such as when he decided to get one of his friends to guard her.  Every time one of the nomadic tribes arrived at the city her father would take her with to meet them and their lord.  Though this just grew her thirst for freedom. 
When she reached 20 she started spending most of her time practicing music and dancer, which pleased her father as he thought it would only help him pair her up with someone, though she had another reason to do so.  She also around this time discovered the effect her music seemed to have on any she played for and started making a plan.  Finally when she was 30 she pulled it off.  She escaped through her magic, playing songs to make her house guards one by one fall asleep, and carrying a bag of possessions and money, she walked out into the night.  She then started traveling, sometimes even joining up with nomad groups she met.  She would play and dance for them, which she does at most places she stops at, whether it be with merchant groups, nomads, or taverns she would show her talent.  She would soon be known through both elf, dominated lands as The Breath-taker, a great entertainer who travels the plains.

Weapon/Magic:
-Elf-  She has good hearing and sight, she is more flexible and generally faster than humans.  Along with this she has a natural connection with nature
-Seran- Isabele's magical flute which amplifies her bard magic as she plays, meant to induce emotions upon listeners fitting the type of songs she plays
-The magic of music-  Her musically created way of magic is generally used to bolster her allies or to induce feelings in people, she is very strong in it.
-Animal Affinity-  Animals are prone to warn her of incoming danger
-duel daggers-  two normal curved steel daggers

Ons: Women, men, being watched(Exhibitionism and on stage),elves and furry races are her preferred partners,
Offs: Mean people, Greedy people, people who hate music and nature,  tyrants, nasty things in bed(anything that belongs in a bathroom) Pain

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Interdiction of words on September 15, 2014, 03:49:06 PM
Hmm, well no one had expressed interest so want to make a another character and the both of us do GMing?
Quote from: catherinehellfire on September 15, 2014, 03:59:35 PM
I guess we could,  Just give me time to make one and we can start, though for any with interest this will stay open.  I'll put this in extreme small group, or at least I'm hoping for it to eventually be so.

Err... so, question... are you guys looking for more players now, or just going to play by yourselves? And just so you guys know, a group game typically needs a week or two to actually drum up interest, not a matter of hours.  I think if you're just a bit more patient about the whole thing, you'll find several more players. Meanwhile, from  my experience, once a game has started, it seems like new people are less likely to join it. Just offering unsolicited advice, do with it what you will.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Interdiction of words

We were talking about setting everything up for the time being, we will get everything ready to jump in for a group game

catherinehellfire

Oh, hey Hanged.  No, we haven't done anything yet I just set up all the threads so everything is ready when people join.  I'll be to busy to do much but check this thread and do some replying to interest and characters for a couple of days anyway.  If your willing to join then that'd be great.  and I'll probably cross out that post to cause any confusion from others.

TheHangedOne

Ahh, I see. Okay, I am definitely interested in playing. I'll work on something after my shower.  ;D
Check out my poet tree!

catherinehellfire

I'm going to put a list of known races and the traits they have so far, I will add to it as more characters of different races arrive. 

Elf- good hearing, sight, flexibility, natural connection with nature, and generally faster than humans
Replisis: Reptile man- Able to breath underwater, strong then humans, predators, quills with sleep poison on them and can last through heat better, plus four arms all armed with claws.
Forimoth: Horse man- Strong and have more endurance then the regular humans or most other anthros
Cat Person/Khajit-  They are faster in both speed and reflexes than humans and slightly stronger in general, though strength usually depends on which feline family they are a mix of).  She also has heightened sight, smell, and hearing.  Plus she has claws.
Predator tracking- Once they gets your scent it is almost impossible for them to lose you unless you acquire a new scent or hide in a stronger scent.(listed separate as it is shared among predatory races and those with a great sense of smell)

TheHangedOne

Name: King Belith
Nickname: Demon King, Wise Lord, Lord Of Spears
Species: Demon
Family: Only child. Father is in self-exile, mother is dead.
Position: Ruler of Hiei
Image; King Belith in traveling clothes, with the Staff of Kings

Height: 5'10
Weight: 220 lbs
Tail Length: 28 inches
Horn length: 8 inches

Personality: Belith does not usually take action without first gathering information, and contemplating. Even when he has little time to do so, he is a keen analyst, and capable of making quick calculations. Like most demons, he is generally motivated by personal gain, but knows the benefits of "give and take". When they march, he prefers to be in the field with his army. He almost always keeps his word, but one should pay close attention to the words used.

Background: The first born son of Balor, the old ruler of Hiei,  and his mother, the Consort Queen, Beliza, a half-succubus.  He was raised in relative luxury, and wanted for little. He's received, in his years, instruction in strategy, rulership, diplomacy, math, language skills, history, magic,  and some martial arts, as well as learning a wide variety of sexual acts from the royal harem, when he was old enough to do so.

When Belith was 22, he was given mayorship of a town, to give him some hands on experience. When he was 27, his mother became pregnant with a second child through Balor. However, birth complications saw both the child and mother die. After that event, Balor chose to abdicate his throne, in grief, and disappeared to wander the land; his fate is unknown. Belith, meanwhile, took the throne, and spent a few years quieting the citizens, and establishing himself as a legitimate ruler.

When The God King died, Belith immediately sent out a wide variety of spies across the land to gather as much information as he possibly could on the situation. The borders of Hiei are well garrisoned and supplied, and he simply seems to be waiting for the ideal moment to begin making strikes.

Weapon/Magic:
Daemonium Interfectorem: A spear made from the bones of an ancient and powerful devil. Despite being constructed of bone, the material itself is more durable than steel, while being relatively light. It is a six foot long weapon, with some crookedness to it. The tip is sharpened to a fine point that can punch through unenchanted platemail with only a modest amount of difficulty. Heavily enchanted.
Baculum Reges: Also known as "The Staff of Kings", ownership of the staff is proof of rulership of Hiei.  A somewhat simple affair, being made of a black wood with a metal fist at one end, and some leather wrappings.  However, close inspection reveals that the entire staff is carved with runes of powerful magic. Using Baculum Reges when casting spells of any sort greatly amplifies the destructive potential of the spell. The staff has, over the years, been the target of thieves; however, none have ever succeeded.
Demonic Constitution: All demons are possessed of a hardy physicality, able to shrug off minor wounds, and most of the major illnesses that plague other races. They also are quite tolerant to poisons.
Night Sight: Demons can see well in low-light conditions.
Magical Inclination: All demons have a capacity for learning magic, and an ease in using it.
Sex Charge: Unlike most men, whom can be physically tired through sex, Belith actually gains a temporary surge in strength, vitality, and alertness after copulating. This is likely due to some sort of inheritance of Succubi/Incubi power. Thankfully, for his lovers, he does not cause any sort of soul draining.
Mithradatism: By exposing himself to small amounts of poison over time, Belith has enhanced his races natural tolerance to poisons to much higher levels.
Infernal Call: Conjures a hell-beast into existence. It is not made, so much as it is dragged out of the wilderness of Hiei, teleported magically, and bound to serve and protect him.  Only one hell-beast may be summoned at a time.
Blaze: Conjures up magical fire.

Ons: Well endowed women
Offs: Men

Bonus army stuff

Nightmares

NSFW Picture
Female demons that look human, but the similarity tends to end at that physical similarity. An all female unit, they are light cavalry and raiders.  They prefer to rampage through territories, causing property damage, and massive campaigns of over-the-top brutality. Nightmares is a special task force, numbering 666, which are used to shatter the morale and fighting spirit of opposing armies. The Nightmares are some times also employed as guards of the King. They eschew armor, and favor up close and personal melee combat.

Blades of Malice

picture
The Blades of Malice are heavy infantry, given enchanted armor and weapons, so that they can cut a swath through opposing enemies.  Whereas the Nightmares may slaughter civilians, being raiders, the Blades of Malice tend to be much more reserved, and would not deign to harm the innocent. They kill, when they need to, but will often spare unarmed or gravely injured enemies. These are often taken prisoner, where they receive medical treatment and care. Depending on rank, the prisoners in question may be released, to do as they wish, or ransomed off. They are rarely deployed on their own, often being incorporated into mixed units, where they serve in a heavy offensive role. They number 300, and are divided into Fiats (groups of six; five 'fingers' led by the 'fist').

Dark Moon Priesthood

picture
The Dark Moon Priesthood are a corp of summoners and healers. They tend to the wounded of their own side, as well as providing occasional support in battle by summoning hell-beasts into or behind the ranks of enemy armies, in order to break up their troop formations. Larger mixed units always have an attached Fist of priests and priestesses. They are not only skilled spellcasters, but also alchemists.  They number 600.

Wind Riders

picture
Wind Riders are messengers and scouts. They are lightly armed and armored, but are excellent at flying. They usually possess wind and lightning based magic.  Possessing wings makes them ideal at their job, as it can be quite difficult to intercept them. They number 200.

The Faceless

picture
The Faceless are covert agents, fulfilling the role of  spies, assassins and saboteurs. They use magic to change their appearances, allowing them to blend into whatever country they happen to be infiltrating. Expert survivalists, who are used to having no support and no help if things go poorly. The Faceless are fanatically loyal to the Demon King, and would choose suicide over capture. It is unknown how many exist.

Spellbreakers

picture
Spellbreakers do what they say: they break spells. They excel at denying other magical forces their abilities, either using elaborate rituals to set up magical dead-zones, or dispelling the spells of others. A small, esoteric order, numbering only 66.

Spiked Walls

picture
The Spiked Wall make up the standard foot soldiers of the Demon Army. They are relatively well-trained, with thick cloth and leather armors to augment their natural resilience, and long spears for keeping enemies at bay. They are especially effective at skewering cavalry, but can hold their own against infantry as well; especially those who need to get in close.  Spiked Wall units also carry 16 inch long daggers as a back up weapon. Standard infantry unit.

Pyre Archers

picture
Pyre Archers use fire magic in conjunction with longbows, to wreak havoc on enemy lines. Whether it's peppering fortifications, camps, grasslands, or forests with flaming arrows that can deal massive damage,  using regular arrows to keep environmental damage to a minimum, or actually hurtling small balls of flame and rock, they are quite capable of causing devastation.  Often protected by a contingent of Demon Blades, since they lack melee capability, and do tend to tire out from magic use. Standard ranged unit.

Demon Blades

picture
Demon Blades are well-trained swordsmen who prefer two handed weapons, and heavy metal armor. They are slower, because of their armaments, and typically serve as defenders of weaker units, such as archers and magic users. Standard infantry.

Reapers

picture
Reapers are the standard cavalry force of the Demon Army. They charge down enemies on their infernal steeds, striking with long swords especially designed for use on horseback. Theya re well known for the black cloaks, and skull masks, that they don.

Hungry Horrors

picture
Hungry Horrors are a type of devil that are frequently summoned by the Dark Moon Priesthood. Hungry Horrors, though somewhat weak, are immensely vicious creatures that will rip apart whatever is around them, in an effort to slake their hunger.  Lacking eyes does little to stop them from hunting down the living, and devouring them.
Check out my poet tree!

catherinehellfire

wow cool.  Be aware though that when your guy marches out it will usually draw more attention than when some of the other regions go to war, due to distrust and hatred that some have for your kind.  Also, though you land may be relatively peaceful, there will be some lords that might oppose your rule or want your position, especially as you have ruled only 8 years.

TheHangedOne

I'm aware.  :-) If something goes wrong, he might be facing a rebellion. I also see the Staff of Kings as being more than just an enchanted item. It's more like a symbol of rulership. As long as he has it, he probably won't have too many problems, but if someone ever stole it, or he lost it... that'd be a disaster. Especially if the stealer then tried to claim the throne.
Check out my poet tree!

Interdiction of words

I think I might have to make an army as well if there will be war on my hands. Do not worry I will provide an army worthy of the Starlight for no unpure person will stand against us

catherinehellfire

Cool guys.  I would do what you did with special units Hanged, but really my army is just a huge of criminals and mercenaries, at least it's probably the most diverse though.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: catherinehellfire on September 16, 2014, 04:00:17 PM
Cool guys.  I would do what you did with special units Hanged, but really my army is just a huge of criminals and mercenaries, at least it's probably the most diverse though.
Yeah. The desription of Hiei talks about their military might, so I decided to run with that idea, and create what are essentially special forces.
Check out my poet tree!

catherinehellfire

Yeah, they do have a lot of military might, but with the God-King alive they could never really respond without the full might of the rest of Mythos coming upon them, now instead of the full might they need only worry about a powerful warlord or a alliance of them.