The Ancient Curse

Started by Lady Jenn, September 27, 2015, 04:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkleather

Geoff was torn - he was interested to see the bazaar's greatest secret, but after Mariza's admission he really didn't want to encourage her

"Well, actually, maybe we should get back to work"

He stepped back towards the shop and opened the door

Lady Jenn

She stepped back into the shop, finding Arcturus and Lehmann bent over a scroll they hadn't seen before, trying to disguise her disappointment at his response.

"We think we have a lead, at least one for where to begin looking," Lehmann said. "You're not gonna believe this though, apparentely there's a clue under the Washington Monument."

Darkleather

"The Washington Monument?  You would have thought they would have chosen something that was, at least OLD."

Lady Jenn

"It was put there before the Monument went up," Arcturus said. "There's a chamber underneath it."

"The problem is getting to it," Lehmann replied. "There is a direct route into the chamber but...it's not as simple as walking up to the door and opening it."

Darkleather

"Well, God forbid anything would be straightforward"

"Come on then, how do we get in?"

Lady Jenn

"There's a hidden tunnel accessible from the Oval Office," Lehmann replied. "But considering the President doesn't even know SPAIA exists we can hardly politely ask his security detail to get us in."

Darkleather

Geoff held his breath for a moment and stared at them.

"Are you seriously suggesting this?  There MUST be another way.  Why can't we access the tunnel partway along?  Why can't we enlist the help of the Mole People?  Why don't we get Dr Abner Perry to use his amazing drill to let us dig our way into it?"

Geoff paused

"Because, frankly, ALL of those options are more sensible than us trying to get into the Oval Office!"

Lady Jenn

"Because the tunnel is surrounded by High Elven magic," Arcturus replied. "You could drop a nuclear bomb on top of the thing and achieve nothing."

"I have a way in," Mariza said suddenly. "It will require you two to be very good at lying for some of it though."

Darkleather

"Lying?  Is that all?  I think we can manage that"

Lady Jenn

"I can make us look like other people," Mariza said. "All I need to do is see a picture. But you'll have to maintain your cover because the spell requires a hell of a lot of concentration to maintain."

Darkleather

"You can?  Ok - let's do that then."

Geoff thought for a moment

"I'd like to be Nathan Fillion please - Firefly era of course"

Lady Jenn

"I know she said she can make us look like anyone we want," Lehmann said, raising an eyebrow. "But can we at least stick to people who would actually BE at the White House. Within reason anyway."

Darkleather

Geoff stared at Lehmann

"Holy crap, this whole lack of a sense of humour thing is spreading."

"Ok, you can make us look like someone else.  But what do we do from there?"

Lady Jenn

"In theory I can get us through the entrance into the tunnel," Mariza replied. "But it's gonna take time which means I'm gonna need you guys to keep anyone from asking any potentially awkward questions."

Darkleather

"While I'm clearly the new kid on the block here, this plan seems a bit...thin"

Lady Jenn

"I'd teleport us into that tunnel directly if I could," Mariza said. "But that place was designed to stop any magical infiltration, so this is the only way I know of."

"Are you suggesting you know another way we can get to the tunnel without arousing suspicion Geoff?" Lehmann asked.

Darkleather

Geoff looked at Lehmann

"Yes, because you happen to have walked into an undercover agent for UNCLE."

He paused

"Of course NOT!  I'm just saying that maybe we need a better plan than looking different and wandering up to one of the most secure buildings in the country"

Lady Jenn

"Fairy magic is powerful," Mariza said. "Bear in mind I've lived in a Las Vegas hotel for three years without my cover slipping once before you two turned up."

"Besides, there's a SPAIA safehouse I can pick up fake IDs from," Lehann said. "We may be operating outside of the White House's knowledge but that doesn't mean we can't get some...'assistance' from other agencies."

Darkleather

Geoff sighed

"Seriously, I'm not sure why you guys include me in these conversations -- or even why I've been invited along.  You both clearly have resources at your command and a pretty good idea what you're going to do.  I'm just the comedy side-kick wandering along for the ride.

Just do what you want - I guess you will anyway"

Lady Jenn

"Well I enjoy your company," Mariza said, turning around to hide the look of hurt on her face at his statement. "I can't account for why he wants you here."

"Fine, you can go in as Nathan Fillion," Lehmann said, making a sound half way between a sigh and a chuckle. "But if your cover gets blown don't expect me to be able to help you."