News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Dragon Age 2

Started by NightBlade, January 18, 2011, 04:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightBlade

Im not really sure if im allowed to post on the Off Topic place yet. If im not allowed im sorry lol

Well anyways is anyone looking forward to the new Dragon age coming out this March
Is there good in the world? Is there Evil in the world? Can someone say which one you are?

Beguile's Mistress

Hi, NightBlade.

You can post in any thread that's open to you and shows a reply button.

I'm not too well acquainted with Dragon Age.  From what you may have heard is 2 better than the original?  What are the differences?

NightBlade

Well the main difference is that its following in the footsteps of Biowares other game Mass Effect in the sense that you lose the ability to chose a race.

You start off as a guy named Hawke who is human. Bioware did this for its Cinematic Benefits
Is there good in the world? Is there Evil in the world? Can someone say which one you are?

Moon Hound Hati

Like with Commander Shepard in Mass Effect, Hawke can be either male or female and will be fully voiced. The conversation system will also resemble that of ME. The battle system is getting an overhaul to have a faster pace and be more action orientated, but on the PC version you can switch to a more strategic and slow style, similar to that of the original game. Graphics will be better too, which is good, since the console versions of the original game looked like crap.
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

NightBlade

Im looking forward to it really. It looks well thought out and ive already pre-Ordered the Special edition lol

Moon Hound Hati

Yeah, I really need to find a new part-time job so I can afford all the great games that come out this year...
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

NightBlade

Yah March is gonna be one hell of a month lol

Wyrd

What else is coming out in march??
Ragtime Dandies!

NightBlade

Well on March 1st
Mortal Kombat
Rift
The Sims Medieval
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

March 8th
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dragon Age II
Homefront

March 18th
Shogun 2: Total War
Okamiden

March 22
Crysis 2
F.3.A.R.

March 29
Darkspore
Child of Eden
WWE All Stars

March 31
Bodycount
DC Universe Online
The Witcher 2

Wyrd

Ragtime Dandies!

NightBlade

Hemingway

After seeing the "Rise to Power" trailer, Dragon Age 2 went from a game I was going to get, but wasn't really excited about, to one I'm really excited about. Dragon Age was ... well, I waited years for that game!

I'm worried about the combat system, but everything else seems brilliant. I don't mind that they're making it one character instead of a custom one. It's just easier to make a personal, coherent story.

Oh, and NightBlade - that list doesn't look up-to-date. Deus Ex, FEAR 3 and the Witcher 2 have all been pushed back, I think.

NightBlade

hmmm I could look back up lol. Those are a list from a while ago.

The only thing I fear about the Battle system is that its gonna turn into a Medieval Version of Mass Effects Battle System

Wyrd

I'm trying not to get my hopes to high for this. It does look like it;s going to be really good and well made but that's also what I thought about DA:O, and that was a little less then enjoyable. For me at least. All I can see is that I hope this sequel redeems it's self from the first one
Ragtime Dandies!

NightBlade

thats all we can hope for lol

Wyrd

Right. I mean, I'd rather have a medieval mass effect then a medieval KoTOR like Origins. :P
Ragtime Dandies!

Inkidu

A few things:

Fight Night Champion is also slated to debut in March. I'm a boxing fan, and it's EA Sport's first M-rated title. Mainly because they don't have to answer to the MLB or the NFL. They got the guy who wrote--crap I forgot! Well it was a major series to do the story. So I'm looking forward to that one.

On Dragon Age. Honestly I liked the first. The combat was hit or miss at times especially on console. So the console/PC branching philosophies idea is great. I like a bit more action in my role playing games. Pause in play is for strategy games.

On Hawke. I know a lot of people are irked about it, but the Bioware guys say that it's not about the Gray Wardens it's about the land Theadas. So if you take it kind of like Oblivion it's not about one person or one group it's about stories.
Also, The story takes place over a period of years. This means your actions have present ramifications. This is also a departure from the Bioware story-writing format which I'm eager to see.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

I just hope they keep that literary assassin David Gaider away from actual writing. Keep him tied to a chair, let him offer his ideas, but don't let him pick up a pen or keyboard. Dammit.

NightBlade

LOL ill get the rope you get the chair?

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on January 18, 2011, 06:37:29 PM
I just hope they keep that literary assassin David Gaider away from actual writing. Keep him tied to a chair, let him offer his ideas, but don't let him pick up a pen or keyboard. Dammit.
Who 'dat?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on January 18, 2011, 06:39:03 PM
Who 'dat?

He wrote The Stolen Throne, one of the few books so atrociously written I advocate its burning.

No, not really. I'm not for burning books.

But I'm almost tempted to make an exception.

On a brighter note, I finally looked up some gameplay footage on YouTube ... and it does play like Dragon Age. Or, well. I guess it's more action-oriented, but you still have the option to pause and all that. Thank god.

Jag

I've never played Dragon Age, but the hubby does. We pre-ordered Dragon Age 2 for him a few months ago. He's really looking forward to it.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

NightBlade

There keeping it somewhat strategic battle system

Wyrd

Quote from: Hemingway on January 18, 2011, 06:43:48 PM
He wrote The Stolen Throne, one of the few books so atrociously written I advocate its burning.

On a brighter note, I finally looked up some gameplay footage on YouTube ... and it does play like Dragon Age. Or, well. I guess it's more action-oriented, but you still have the option to pause and all that. Thank god.

He;s also the DA:O head writer (I crime with in it's self). He wrote most of the main characters, and he was a big part of writing the story and dialog to KoTOR, neverwinter nights and Balder's gate 2. And I think we wrote the other DA book as well. lol! Was it really that bad?
Ragtime Dandies!

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on January 18, 2011, 06:43:48 PM

Never heard of that book. Is it based on a video game franchise? Because I wish they wouldn't do that. Comic books fine, novels no...

I pre-ordered mine from Game Stop and if you did so before the New Year they upgraded you to the collector's edition for free. So why not.