A few steampunk cravings [ M/F, MUL ]

Started by Hemingway, August 08, 2011, 10:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemingway

Suddenly I find myself craving a steampunk RP. The video game Arcanum may be partly to blame.

For the setting itself, there are two ways it can go. It can either be a more realistic alternate history, possibly set in a world that parallels the real world, without any hint of anything supernatural, or it can be a steampunk world in which certain supernatural elements are included, including humanoid species such as elves and dwarves. All of the ideas included here work with either kind of world, but will be slightly different depending on which is used.

The characters are not set in stone for any of the ideas, and either role can be filled by either gender, unless otherwise indicated. I would be willing to play either character in most cases. Finally, this list is by no means exhaustive. If you have other ideas, feel free to share, and I will consider them. I may also add more ideas as they occur to me. Now, on to the good part.

Idea #1: Mutiny!

This story begins as an airship is boarded by pirates led by one of the characters - an infamous pirate. The other character would be aboard the airship being boarded, and can be a wealthy noble, a sort of air marshal, a bounty hunter, or anything along those lines. Depending on the latter character, the pirate captain is either robbing the character or involved in a gunfight when he is betrayed by the first mate. The airship crashes, the two characters somehow survive, and for whatever reason set out together to get back at the mutinous first mate. The relationship between the two characters is likely to be strained at first, and a love-hate relationship would be most welcome.

Idea #2: Overcoming Prejudice

A wealthy if eccentric inventor hires a new maid. Depending on the setting, she would either be a poor city girl ( possibly a prostitute ), or an elven girl from a far-away country driven to the city in search of work. In either case, an unlikely and taboo romance occurs, preferably with a generous helping of dominance and submission. It will probably not be an entirely sappy romance. For this particular story, I would not mind pregnancy occuring, as well as ample prejudice and racism. If desires, the story can get quite dark, for instance involving the maid being kidnapped.

If this sounds interesting at all, feel free to check out my ons and offs, and please let me know!