(UTBLOV) Looking for male players, Lycans and vampires story, Las Vegas Setting!

Started by Aiden, March 15, 2011, 06:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

You can send it my way Hairy, I'm the Ulfrick of the Vegas pack and keep track of the plot for the wolves.

HairyHeretic

Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

FeBurns

Quote from: Aiden on March 21, 2011, 12:13:37 PM
Currently we are only looking for Vampires, Werewolves, Hyenas or Tigers. The game is loosely based on the Anita Blake book series/universe.

...adds ...  "and humans"  ...  and ducks.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: FeBurns on March 21, 2011, 02:52:33 PM
...adds ...  "and humans"  ...  and ducks.

Yes and humans Beautiful! :)

Oh and this game is strictly AU, so while we aren't accepting canon characters that are straight from the book, we are still sticking to the Anita Blake setting.  So for information while creating a character, please do check out the Anita Blake Wiki.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Dariusfallenstar

Quote from: Aiden on March 21, 2011, 12:13:37 PM
Currently we are only looking for Vampires, Werewolves, Hyenas or Tigers. The game is loosely based on the Anita Blake book series/universe.

There is a lot of plot established at the moment and we are not looking to expand a demon into the story at this moment.

Got-cha.

Alrighty, as I haven't read the books, I'm certain that I'd be behind in terms of the plot/universe. I have them in my library room somewhere. Perhaps once I've read the series, I will return. Thanks for your responses to my inquiry.

Aiden

I have not read any of the books and I am the Gm  XD. I'm just winging it.

Acid Lips

Aiden

We are accepting female characters also, we are just letting new players know that there is more females to males at this point.

I find this baffling, we have some amazing female writers and I think all the male characters are intimidated.  XD

Acid Lips

Acid Lips

Just noticed this is based on Anita books wich I read none, am I still allowed in?

Aiden

If you want to play a "criminal" type, drug dealer, pimp, weapon runner and enjoy a seedy bdsm as a home- WereHyena

If you want to be the noble, blue blood, country club member- WereTiger, keep in mind their streak (group) is in disarray with the disappearance of their queen.

Werwolves are mostly loners or rogue lycans from all over the state/country who came to unify in an unorthodox group led by a infected Ulfrick, lots of freedom in this group.

Vampires- The elite of the underworld, rich powerful and in the middle of a possible civil war.

Human- Interact with any of the above groups as you wish.

Yea Acid, I have not read any of the books but the Wiki will give you some good information. We don't have sparkly vampires here.  XD

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Aiden on March 21, 2011, 04:44:58 PM
If you want to play a "criminal" type, drug dealer, pimp, weapon runner and enjoy a seedy bdsm as a home- WereHyena

If you want to be the noble, blue blood, country club member- Were Hyena, keep in mind their streak (group) is in disarray with the disappearance of their queen.

Werwolves are mostly loners or rogue lycans from all over the state/country who came to unify in an unorthodox group led by a infected Ulfrick, lots of freedom in this group.

Vampires- The elite of the underworld, rich powerful and in the middle of a possible civil war.

Human- Interact with any of the above groups as you wish.

Yea Acid, I have not read any of the books but the Wiki will give you some good information. We don't have sparkly vampires here.  XD

Typoooo, you put Were-Hyena instead of Tiger :P  Tigers are full of awesome btw >.> just saying hehe.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Aiden

Acid Lips

How about a human that has no idea what is going on, she can be turned or whatever. How does the werewolves and hyena turn here, via bite? or they were always were.

Does anyone have any messenger so we can chat?

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Acid Lips on March 21, 2011, 04:54:14 PM
How about a human that has no idea what is going on, she can be turned or whatever. How does the werewolves and hyena turn here, via bite? or they were always were.

Does anyone have any messenger so we can chat?

Any human characters need to be involved in some form or fashion with the Preternatural community, so that we don't have any loose characters floating about.  But if you want to create one just to be infected or turned immediately, than we can work with that.  Werewolves and Hyena get infected when a shifted Were bites/attacks them.  The Tigers are one of the only kind of Were that can pass down the infection genetically. 

Although I'm not as up to date with the Hyena's, so it's possible that they can be born infected, but that questions could be answered by Goldy.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Acid Lips

mmm I would love to be just a human girl visiting las vegas to have fun and she gets turned. I had her as a vampire all along but I wanted to play the transformation part

Acid Lips

HairyHeretic

Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Acid Lips

(no idea if this is correct, please tell me if something needs fixing)

Kathleen Lonestar

Orientation: Bisexual
Identity/position: Human

The Appearance

Eyes: Blond
Hair: Blue
Height: 5'00"
Appearance:

Beyond the Image

Likes: Music, Guys, Girls, Books,Games,Sex,Love,Rock and roll ):P)
Dislikes: Rude people, Gross things, Snakes, Rats, Abusive people.
absolutely not's: Scat, (Extreme) Gore and vore.
Talents: Music, Singing, She is extremely intelligent.
Character Traits: Silly, Hyperactive, Does not care for anything attitude.
Personality:
She is a woman who values fun more than anything else. She always tends to look at the positive side of things, she is a great friend and a great listener. She has a passion for music, she will always be around with her earphones on hearing music and singing. She has a passion for the supernatural but thinks it is all on the books she reads all the time. She has a firm sense of reality, or at least her reality.

The History

History:

She was born in London, England. Ever since little she was shielded from the word of darkness like their parents called it. They were deep inside the word but to what extent she really did not knew. They did a very good job at keeping the secret however, she grew up to be a very happy woman, a little bit over the edge with her attitude but her parents loved that about her, the attitude to confront anything that steps on her way with a good attitude towards life. However things always get a turn for the worst, and it all happened on her sixteen birthday.

Her parents were driving home from a business meeting, when they were attacked. They tried to defend themselves  but at the end they lost the battle and got killed. When the news came back to Kat she was devastated, she could not believe that her parents died. The cause of death was the crash, however they never explained to her the bites and marks she found on their body when she went to identify them. She fell into a deep depression, her clothes became darker and her form of dressing became more punkish. She found solitude and recovery on music, hearing the letters of others going through the same thing made her happy. She recovered after a few years, but the taste in music never changed and neither did her clothing.

When she finally turned 18 she decided to move out of her grandmothers house. With the fortune her parents left her she bought a small apartment and lived happy for a few years while she started going to university. In there she met this girl named Lyna, they hit it off right away. Lyna brought her back from the depression and made her see a new outtake on life.

Two years later and by Lyna's request Kat bought a plane ticket to Las Vegas. She needed to have fun and Vegas would prove to be the best way to have fun. Going alone was the best decision of her life because she could get as wild as she could and there was nobody to tell her otherwise.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Acid Lips on March 21, 2011, 05:08:38 PM
mmm I would love to be just a human girl visiting las vegas to have fun and she gets turned. I had her as a vampire all along but I wanted to play the transformation part

This can be worked out, and accommodated.  Just decide which Were group you want her to be turned into, and contact the GM that handles that groups going on.  All except the Tigers, which almost always turn a person through general streak approval, and only if the person being turned has proven themselves worthy.

Wolves=Aiden
Tigers=Me&Goldy   
Hyena's=Goldy

Quote from: Acid Lips on March 21, 2011, 05:09:39 PM
What is the difference between talents and character traits

Character traits can be found in the Anita Blake Wiki, and are characteristics shared by all the characters of their perspective group.  Talents are another thing altogether.  Some groups, like vamps, have unique powers via bloodlines and experience.  Generally, the more experience a character has, the more talents they could potentially have.  Also keep in mind that the universe we are working in, has humans with supernatural powers, i.e Animators and Wiccan witches, the details of what's allowed for humans can be found on the wiki to.

Your character looks good, but something you may want to keep in mind is that Vampires are very much well known, and prevalent in this universe, they have rights(although admittedly very little), and even a fan base.  Were-creatures are less known, but only because they are treated very badly by society so people don't come out with their infection if they can help it.

Quote from: HairyHeretic on March 21, 2011, 05:16:05 PM
Why do you need ducks? :)

Are they were ducks?  ;D

Surprisingly there are Were ducks, but we don't have them involved in this game at present.

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Acid Lips

undisclosedtoyou

Oh, and Acid, if you're satisfied with your character write up, feel free to post it here, and we can than move it to it's appropriate active character thread.

Quote from: Acid Lips on March 21, 2011, 05:57:45 PM
I wanted to be a vampire though

My bad, but it still has the same process.  Just read up in the Anita Blake wiki under vampires, and for vampire info you can ask any of the GM's.

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on March 21, 2011, 05:53:06 PM
Character traits can be found in the Anita Blake Wiki, and are characteristics shared by all the characters of their perspective group.  Talents are another thing altogether.  Some groups, like vamps, have unique powers via bloodlines and experience.  Generally, the more experience a character has, the more talents they could potentially have.

So a brand new fledgling Vampire wouldn't have any special talents just yet, but just hold the character traits that are common to all vampires.

You may want to talk to PeaceThatPowerBrings about plot, since, if I'm not mistaken, has something going with new fledgling vamps.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Acid Lips

Caela

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on March 21, 2011, 05:05:15 PM
Any human characters need to be involved in some form or fashion with the Preternatural community, so that we don't have any loose characters floating about.  But if you want to create one just to be infected or turned immediately, than we can work with that.  Werewolves and Hyena get infected when a shifted Were bites/attacks them.  The Tigers are one of the only kind of Were that can pass down the infection genetically. 

Although I'm not as up to date with the Hyena's, so it's possible that they can be born infected, but that questions could be answered by Goldy.

Actually, any of the Weres could (theoretically) pass their genes on to another generation. The problem is that shifting at the full moon causes miscarriages. The Tigers get around this because the males take the females beast, so they don't actually shift, while they are pregnant. It's a trick they never bothered to share with the rest of the Lycan community but since other Lycans in the books have done the same thing (usually Alphas, would have to do some digging, but know at least Richard has done it at some point) to help their pack members (most often when one is about to go berserk in front of humans, or when Anita needs it done for her) it could be done for pregnant Lycans of other groups as well...but no one else has put two and two together.

Were snakes get around it by being able to lay eggs instead of having to carry to term like mammals.

Yes, I've read these books a few times lol. It's one of my favorite escapist universes when life is stressful. :D