New Fablegrove [A Noir Fairy Tale Game] .:Recruitment Thread! LGBTQA+ | Modern

Started by Dhampyress, June 09, 2016, 04:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hellrazoromega

Quote from: Blissy on June 17, 2016, 05:47:39 PM
Heya! That's a very good question. I was just thinking about this today in fact. :P

I think the best way to tackle this would to be to have Cheshire's ability almost make him seem invisible or able to blend with his surroundings to a more almost camouflage themed extent.
Awesome I will be at a Con today but I will try and start up a character post on Sunday.

Also @Crash---Veronica Lake!!!! Awesome choice.I was just saying the other day I have seen way too many "Best Looking" lists of all-time or of the 20th Century which leave her off. Granted such things are subjective but when a lot of those lists have 90-95% people from the last 20 or 30 years I get awfully suspect. And to constantly pass over Veronica Lake !!! That's just injustice IMO, she'd be in my top five without a doubt.

Dhampyress

QuoteAwesome I will be at a Con today but I will try and start up a character post on Sunday.

Can't wait to see what you come up with. ;D

Roen

Still thinking about a character. I am now looking for someone to fit this faceclaim:

I do have a question, though.
This seems like a sandbox game, and a pretty big one at that, would there be a grand plot or any GM events?
So many people, I'm kinda concerned that my character will get lost in the crowd and be overlooked/ignored.

That's something that has always bothered me with big group games. It's a common concern with big group sandbox games, as far as I understand.
Do you have anything planned to deal with that problem?

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

Writersblockade

If you'd excuse me saying,  Roen, I know where you're coming from. Knowing these folks, there's definitely a grand scheme to work around,  BUT a lot of your enjoyment is going to come from interacting with other characters. Start with what you want out of your character, including where you want them to hang out, then find characters in that area with whom you might be able to get some scene with. As the saying goes, closed mouths don't get fed!

You'll be fine, as long as you know just how deep down the rabbit hole you wanna go
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: Roen on June 18, 2016, 10:55:14 AM
Still thinking about a character. I am now looking for someone to fit this faceclaim:

This seems like a sandbox game, and a pretty big one at that, would there be a grand plot or any GM events?
So many people, I'm kinda concerned that my character will get lost in the crowd and be overlooked/ignored.

That's something that has always bothered me with big group games. It's a common concern with big group sandbox games, as far as I understand.

I think you should name him Pete and give him a pet lizard that looks like a Dragon...or something. Kidding! Kind of. Anywho. As Writersblockade said, Roen, you'll be fine as long as you make connections and nurture said connections. From what I can tell so far, there are more than a few parts to the city we'll be playing in and there's going to be a GM that oversees each area. So as long as you branch out and explore, you'll be good to go!

November Bleeds

Always welcome to answer any questions, thank you for bringing this up. I think it's a very important question!

As GM's we personally have a decent amount of experience with our last game. We always learn from our mistakes and do our very best to make sure that everyone is content enough with where they are. I've always been a little uncertain about Sandbox games myself, even if it has a story behind it. My concerns are often that the story will die, and each will if they aren't taken care of. Our last game as GM's was certainly a learning experience.

We often encourage others to discuss with one another on interacting, try to broaden their horizons and seek out to RP with another person that maybe they haven't RP'd with before. Create a story between the two, maybe even have them as complete strangers meeting for the first time. The reason in the beginning, why GM's have multiple characters is to also help this problem out. It's a very serious problem that has been brought to our attention before. We do not want to spotlight any character and we do not want anyone falling into the background either! We want everyone to enjoy the character they've created, the story and also never be ignored.

There are also times where we as GM's will reach out to our players and request some feedback. We always do this! We will ask for everyone's opinions on the game, how it's going, what they like and don't like, what they would like to see more of and we always look to making changes where applicable.

That being said, we will always work with you to make sure that you and your character are not overlooked. We will definitely be holding events and in which case, everyone will receive a decent notice ahead of time. Usually we give a two-three week notice on events, or we ask what everyone's opinion is on the event coming up.

I hope this answers your question though!

Also as Writer and Tux have mentioned, you will certainly be fine as long as you interact with other characters. It's often difficult sometimes to do such a thing, if someone's character is occupied already. But as GM's as well, we will always be willing to help you out no matter what, if you need it. ^^

Ms Catailia

If you have any questions or need any help with development, feel free to ask at any time. For that face claim, I think he would look fitting for the beast from beauty and the beast or even for Aladdin. Of course, I'm sure you could fit him in many different roles depending on what you are looking for out of your experience in this game.

Roen

Thank you, November, Tony and everyone else for the reassuring words. I'll do my best to work with the spirit of your suggestions.

Now, I have been thinking about Aladdin simply because he fits the style of the faceclaim. That said, I've never liked Aladdin :P 
Maybe a grown up version of Pinocchio.

Heh, whenever I think about a character I immediately get the visual of their Once Upon a Time adaptation (and ruination). That's how just thinking of hook is making me hurl, lol. 

-Nathan Alterman.

kingmaster1

So, I'm thinking I'll go with hook. I'll have a character sheet up in a little bit :)

Roen

I'm going to make a character for Rumpelstiltskin. Now, I'm not expecting to outdo Robert Carlyle in this, but I'll do my best to make him my own.

Face-claiming Sam Claflin

Now, doesn't that face just say 'Imma take your baby and smile while doing it'? :D

-Nathan Alterman.

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Wispyr

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: Roen on June 18, 2016, 12:48:34 PM
I'm going to make a character for Rumpelstiltskin. Now, I'm not expecting to outdo Robert Carlyle in this, but I'll do my best to make him my own.

Now, doesn't that face just say 'Imma take your baby and smile while doing it'? :D

Quote from: la dame en noir on June 18, 2016, 03:36:17 PM
I'm face-claiming a pinup Model named Angelique

Nice choices on both fronts and, yes, Roen, he has a smile for miles.

Btw, one and all, I'm totally available for plottage with my Mr. Monty the Mad Hatter. He's more than willing to offer up his venue to the occasional Special Guest Performer - I'm lookin' at you Piper - and/or a Guest Master/Mistress of Ceremony - I-Can-Flyday has Pan written all over it, doesn't it? Anywho. Feel free to PM me if ya'd like to make some magic together. Also, if anyone is looking for a place of employment, I'm totally open to that sort of connection too!

Cheers,
Tony

Mathim

Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

la dame en noir

Hmm lol I hadn't thought of it. I was just going in fresh. Did you have an idea?
A&A | FxF |

Mathim

Quote from: la dame en noir on June 18, 2016, 04:49:16 PM
Hmm lol I hadn't thought of it. I was just going in fresh. Did you have an idea?

This shit:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

BOO!

If that's not to your liking, I'll just have him kind of doing his own thing without regard to her.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

la dame en noir

Quote from: Mathim on June 18, 2016, 04:55:07 PM
This shit:

BOO!

If that's not to your liking, I'll just have him kind of doing his own thing without regard to her.
lol noooo
A&A | FxF |

Mathim

Quote from: la dame en noir on June 18, 2016, 05:01:10 PM
lol noooo

*Sigh* Okay, I'll have him off doing his own thing elsewhere. Unless I can find Francis and fix this ugly mug.  >:)

Ms Catailia

Quote from: kingmaster1 on June 18, 2016, 12:41:41 PM
So, I'm thinking I'll go with hook. I'll have a character sheet up in a little bit :)

Can't wait to see. =)

Quote from: Roen on June 18, 2016, 12:48:34 PM

Haha I very much see that.

Quote from: la dame en noir on June 18, 2016, 03:36:17 PM
I'm face-claiming a pinup Model named Angelique

Beautiful! She'll make a great character =3

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on June 18, 2016, 04:24:23 PM
Nice choices on both fronts and, yes, Roen, he has a smile for miles.

Btw, one and all, I'm totally available for plottage with my Mr. Monty the Mad Hatter. He's more than willing to offer up his venue to the occasional Special Guest Performer - I'm lookin' at you Piper - and/or a Guest Master/Mistress of Ceremony - I-Can-Flyday has Pan written all over it, doesn't it? Anywho. Feel free to PM me if ya'd like to make some magic together. Also, if anyone is looking for a place of employment, I'm totally open to that sort of connection too!

Cheers,
Tony

I have actually been considering coming to you with my second character as an avid customer but I'm still trying to develop my character more to really flesh out an idea. I look forward to speaking to you soon about it ;D

Quote from: Mathim on June 18, 2016, 04:55:07 PM
This shit:

BOO!

I have...no words. lol

For those of you that have messaged character profile sheets, part of the GM team is out until later tonight, please be patient with the delay. Thank you!

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: Ms Catailia on June 18, 2016, 06:01:18 PM
I have actually been considering coming to you with my second character as an avid customer but I'm still trying to develop my character more to really flesh out an idea. I look forward to speaking to you soon about it ;D

Awesome! I can't wait to storm brains with you!

Mathim

LOL, I take it as a sign that my interpretation of the Frog Prince is something nobody ever would have thought to use, and that it's as humorously unexpected as I thought.

Who do I PM my profile for him to? Or should I post it here?

kingmaster1

So, real quick, what's an example of some Jobs in this world? Specifically for a pirate? >_>

...He could own a sea food restaurant? XD

Or leather shop specifying in Gator vests >_>

lore

Heh I woulf think Pirates would do well in cut throat professions. Debt collector or Asset reposession?

Thinking about making Snow's prince an NPC:

« So, I’m making my way back from one of Charming’s parties and BAM! Came upon this glass lookin’ coffin. At first I thought I was still just drunk as fuck but then I see there’s this broad inside. Face 10. Tits maybe only a 6, but I’m not the guy to look a gift horse in the mouth. First I think she’s dead - what with the box ‘n all – but then I see she’s just sleepin’.

I figured what the hell, right? Stroke her hair, test out some of the merchandise, if you know what I mean. Slid her some tongue because I was working on refining my technique at the time and all of a sudden she’s back online. She’s looking at me with these eyes… like I’m the only man she’s ever seen.

Turns out she’s a princess! Helluva thing – especially since I was about through burning through my parents’ fortune. We get hitched but before we can consummate the thing POOF! We wind up here.

She ain’t a princess any more, ammaright? Fuck her.”

Mathim

Quote from: kingmaster1 on June 18, 2016, 06:23:52 PM
So, real quick, what's an example of some Jobs in this world? Specifically for a pirate? >_>

...He could own a sea food restaurant? XD

Or leather shop specifying in Gator vests >_>

Fisherperson? Theme park mascot? Star in a TV show about pirates?

kingmaster1

Is Fishperson a profession? XD

Feel like that's something you'd be born as  :P