Started by SlytherinDesires, September 28, 2011, 09:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlytherinDesires

So, I have a couple of questions concerning avatars because of what I have seen on other people's accounts or just something I thought of. Here they are:

1. How do you upload an avatar for your account?
2. If I want an anime picture for my avatar, I'm concerned about the age issue. Because some anime girls look younger than they are supposed to be, and I don't want to violate the no pics of minors rule. So what do I do then?
3. So if I want to use a picture of a woman for my avatar, I'm allowed to show her butt, boobs, but no front genitals? Because I have seen breasts and butt being shown in avatars on some accounts, but of course not the front genitals.

Please answer, and thank you!

Beguile's Mistress

Unapproved members are not able to modify their profiles or upload avatars.  Should you be approved the necessary information will be provided.

SlytherinDesires

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on September 28, 2011, 09:12:25 PM
Unapproved members are not able to modify their profiles or upload avatars.  Should you be approved the necessary information will be provided.

Oh, okay. Thank you very much.

Beguile's Mistress

You're welcome and good luck with your approval.

SlytherinDesires

Okay, I've been approved! So, can you please answer my questions now? Thank you very much.

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: SlytherinDesires on September 28, 2011, 09:10:39 PM
So, I have a couple of questions concerning avatars because of what I have seen on other people's accounts or just something I thought of. Here they are:

1. How do you upload an avatar for your account?
2. If I want an anime picture for my avatar, I'm concerned about the age issue. Because some anime girls look younger than they are supposed to be, and I don't want to violate the no pics of minors rule. So what do I do then?
3. So if I want to use a picture of a woman for my avatar, I'm allowed to show her butt, boobs, but no front genitals? Because I have seen breasts and butt being shown in avatars on some accounts, but of course not the front genitals.

Please answer, and thank you!

1.  I upload avatars from sites like photobucket after saving and resizing the image.  Go to your profile and click modify profile and then click forum profile to add an avatar.

2.  Images on this site are required to be or appear to be of people 18 or older.  No exceptions are made for anime characters that appear less than 18 years of age.

3.  Images for avatars are not permitted to show genitals or overt sexual acts.

Check with your Mentors if you have any additional questions.  They are there to guide you through the beginning days of you approved membership.  I can be reached with a PM if you need additional help as well.  You can also check out the various links provided in the introductory PM you received shortly after being approved.

Welcome and have fun!

Gentle Heart

Do you know happen to know the accepted dimensions of an avatar's picture height and width?

jouzinka

Gentle: The maximum size of an avatar is 150 x 200 pixels.

If you read Caeli's Guide to Elliquiy, you'll get covered most of the ins and outs of the place. ;)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Haibane

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on September 30, 2011, 05:06:07 PM
2.  Images on this site are required to be or appear to be of people 18 or older.  No exceptions are made for anime characters that appear less than 18 years of age.
If you have a piece of artwork or photo that you simply can't decide on, I'd suggest you get the opinion of a staff member, just to be safe. Conversely... if you really can't be sure then you should assume its not suitable and continue your search for one that is unmistakably adult.

Avis habilis

Quote from: Haibane on November 02, 2011, 10:26:23 AM
... if you really can't be sure then you should assume its not suitable and continue your search for one that is unmistakably adult.

That's it in a nutshell. If you're not absolutely sure it's appropriate - it isn't.