Dragon rp-F lf M- Did they ever exist?

Started by Verasaille, March 11, 2015, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verasaille

I love dragons, so maybe I do not ascribe to all the varieties of larger than a fifty meter long dinosaur, I cannot help but wonder if finding the bones of a dinosaur gave way to stories of dragons? If you look at all the varieties of reptiles you will note a lot of similarity to not only gators and lizards, but birds as well.

I myself like to think of dragons as a feathered creature rather than scaly. So I was thinking of creating some for my world of Tierra.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221640.0

Not the kind one normally sees in a fantasy environment. I want to make up my own version. So how about some really interesting rp designed around the feathered dragons found in a separate continent in Tierra. This place could be visited by the races who have access to ships, as it is a separate continent from my mainline I have been working on.

I am looking for someone who is knowledgeable about dinosaurs enough to instill a little bit of realism into the physiology of the dragons for me. As for intelligence, I want to have them be somewhat oblivious to human (or any other mortal race), but still have a thriving community type and some kind of social network.

I don't want the cutesy "Ice Age" type comedy, but I do think it would be interesting for a thriving race of dragons to run into the humans or elves who sail the seas and come upon the Dragon's Isle accidentally. I see my dragons as feathered in all sorts of exotic colors and patterns. Some will fly and some will be land bound because of size, but all will be knowing of each other in context of the continent where they live.

I think a variety of sizes and temperaments would be good, from bird size to T-Rex size. They will of course be feeding on the plants as well as having some that are more omnivorous. The continent will be varied enough to have tropical areas, as well as large rivers leading from tall snow covered peaks.

So if you are interested, send me a PM.  This does not necessarily have to be a smut story, but I do not mind if it does develop. Especially if we have an Elven or a Human ship shipwrecked on the coast to explore and maybe try to get back to their own land and report their findings.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Verasaille

In case it was not clear, I would love to explore a dragon mind and have some kind of interaction as a dragon who can shapeshift into human or elven form. Does this even appeal to anyone? I imagine a dragon mind to be quite self serving, but very curious as to the workings of the lesser (in their mind) races.

One thing I do not want to do is make the dragons overpowered. They will have weaknesses. They can only use fire if they have some magic ability. Should I have this as a color variant or maybe have it a learned ability? This is still a wide open work in progress. Any feedback is welcomed,by PM please.

Adding a picture, thanks to King Superior for finding this lovely.

I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Verasaille

Adding some more to this idea. I want someone to play a fisherman from my Oriental themed islands who will encounter dragons after being blown off course in a storm. The Dragons know about humans and elves, but prefer to stay away from them for many reasons.

This ties into my world building thread, as I am trying to develop new areas to rp in.

The dragons will be intelligent enough to have magic, some will fly, others won't. The Mystic Isle is the home of the Dragons. They have a lot of knowledge of the world and the places they have seen and the horrors they have witnessed have made them very reclusive.

Will you help me populate this isle and have some fun rp?