Vampires at War - Interest check/Sign up (Light - NC)

Started by persephone325, June 15, 2013, 11:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Valentine

Quote from: persephone325 on June 16, 2013, 08:14:25 PM
I understand that. I've seen more than a few vampire movies... ::)

I think it best to just stick to basics. The sun is their one true weakness. If players want their individual vampires to have a weakness besides the sun, then that's fine. Maybe they find out they can't tolerate silver, because their vampire parents were allergic to it.

I'm letting the player decide what type of vampire they want to portray. They get to choose how weak or strong it is. If I set limits for everything, I'm restricting player creativity. So I'm not doing that.

Hmm, may make a Beta then. They are more of the bodyguards/advisers to the alphas, correct?

Also what is expected posting frequency or has that been answered and I overlooked it?

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

persephone325

Quote from: Drake Valentine on June 16, 2013, 08:20:45 PM
Hmm, may make a Beta then. They are more of the bodyguards/advisers to the alphas, correct?

Also what is expected posting frequency or has that been answered and I overlooked it?

Yes. Betas serve as protectors, especially in a coven war. If the Alphas are away, or unavailable, the Betas assume command for that time.

Posting frequency - I'm not going to be a stickler for this. Most group games start out with the players posting quickly and excitedly, and then the pace slows to a more normal rate. That being said, I'd like if everyone could manage a post every couple days. I know many E members juggle jobs and family, among other things.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Drake Valentine

Fair enough, haven't decided which coven for Beta yet. I'll ponder on it while at work.

Off I go. ^-^ See ya tomorrow morning(for me at least.)

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

persephone325

Quote from: Drake Valentine on June 16, 2013, 08:29:19 PM
Fair enough, haven't decided which coven for Beta yet. I'll ponder on it while at work.

Off I go. ^-^ See ya tomorrow morning(for me at least.)

Alright. :-) Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

zetzal

Just throwing my hat into the dark delta ring, I will work on my character sheet tomarrow when I feel more motivated.

persephone325

Quote from: zetzal on June 16, 2013, 09:47:13 PM
Just throwing my hat into the dark delta ring, I will work on my character sheet tomarrow when I feel more motivated.

No problem! Look forward to seeing your character!
I don't know.

xPeachyPuff

Can I possibly change to taking a Beta for the Dark Coven instead of a Delta? I've got more of an idea for my character and just wanted to check if that was alright~

- Rainbow ♥

persephone325

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on June 16, 2013, 09:55:56 PM
Can I possibly change to taking a Beta for the Dark Coven instead of a Delta? I've got more of an idea for my character and just wanted to check if that was alright~

- Rainbow ♥

Sure. No problem. :-)
I don't know.

zetzal

If I wereto use a picture for my appearence. Desciption would you preferanime pic or real? I don't mine either way.

persephone325

Quote from: zetzal on June 16, 2013, 10:08:15 PM
If I wereto use a picture for my appearence. Desciption would you preferanime pic or real? I don't mine either way.

I would prefer an realistic looking person. Pictures are the best, but if the anime pic looks like a real person I can accept that too.

If anyone wants me to look at a picture they are considering, please PM it to me and I'll let you know.
I don't know.

Drake Valentine

I wanna join Dark guild but it feels too popular. ;/ I hate being with all the cool kids, but I don't see my character as a Light character either, no way in hell he would drink animal blood. v.v

That and I want to write naughty things to 'Jack' even though she isn't sexual character. >_<`  *Flails arms.*

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Drake Valentine on June 17, 2013, 08:15:43 AM
I wanna join Dark guild but it feels too popular. ;/ I hate being with all the cool kids, but I don't see my character as a Light character either, no way in hell he would drink animal blood. v.v

That and I want to write naughty things to 'Jack' even though she isn't sexual character. >_<`  *Flails arms.*

I don't think it matters too much, Drake (: Be in whichever you'd prefer. Both Covens have to be filled (somewhat) anyhow. (:

- Rainbow

Drake Valentine

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on June 17, 2013, 10:34:45 AM
I don't think it matters too much, Drake (: Be in whichever you'd prefer. Both Covens have to be filled (somewhat) anyhow. (:

- Rainbow

Deep, deep down.. It matters. (:<

zetzal

And actually the light has 3 members and the dark only has two. Including appliedd fr sots unless the list hasn't been updated yet.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: zetzal on June 17, 2013, 11:05:19 AM
And actually the light has 3 members and the dark only has two. Including appliedd fr sots unless the list hasn't been updated yet.

Myself, You and Drake are interested in the dark side, am I right? While there's Persphone and one other interested in the Light side. I think that's right anyways.

- Rainbow

persephone325

I have the count at 3 for each side.

Myself, MzHyde, and Strife for the Light Coven.

Rainbow, Drake and zetzal for the Dark Coven.
I don't know.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: persephone325 on June 17, 2013, 01:34:46 PM
I have the count at 3 for each side.

Myself, MzHyde, and Strife for the Light Coven.

Rainbow, Drake and zetzal for the Dark Coven.

Ah! Even better (:

- Rainbow

persephone325

Updated the 4th post (the one where character sheets are) to include some information on when the RP is taking place. If anyone who has already sent me a character sheet would like to update their sheet to include some more information, go right ahead.
I don't know.

Strifesblaze7

Name: Toshiee Mori

Race: Full blood.

Willing to turn/be turned?: He would be willing to turn someone.

Coven: Light

Position: Alpha

Power: Elemental manipulation of fire, he must ake breaks due to the severe heat. And light telepathic ability, he may only use it with those he cares for, currently only the female alpha of the light coven.

Family: His family is deceased. He is romantically involved with Yumi, his fellow light Alpha.

Personality: He is a calm and cool man, possibly a bit aloof at times, he is not bound in tradition like many clans of old Japan, he has grown with the times. He has a penchant for sarcasm as well as being a bit of a smartass, he hated the old ways of Japan for the most part but he did embrace many tenants of Bushido. He rarely fights, he hates to do so unless he intends to kill his enemy. He is harsh to the point of mean at times but he is soft and sweet with those he cares for. He also likes to draw and play a bit of piano and guitar to express his more artistic side. He also prefers to be in solitude much of the time to contemplate his life, he is now changing that as well to spend more time with his Alpha counterpart.

History: He was born in the late 1400's in a rural area of Japan to a small Samurai clan, he was the oldest child of his father, Keiji, he was raised to be trained as a samurai which meant he spent much of his time everyday practicing with weapons. He was very tall for the times, standing just over six foot one inch tall. He weighs about one hundred and ninety pounds. He is best with his katanas, which he still keeps to this day. He is also a great archer. He was trained in the ways of Bushido from an early age and still keeps to his most important tenants today. He has scars on both of his hands from cutting himself from drawing his sword. As he grew up he became a grand samurai, he fought fully hidden by armor from anyone who could see him to keep his youth a secret. He was eventually praised as a great warrior and considered a rival to men such as Lu Bu and Honda Tadakatsu. In his early twenties his family was defeated and sent to scatter in the winds.

After the fall of his family he lived as a Ronin, a man who goes from to job to job and by many is said to love without honor. He was not that kind of man, he only took jobs that were worth his time and he protected the weak to do all he could to make Japan a better place. Neither of his parents had died in the fall of his family and they stayed together for a long time after it happened. They roamed Japan for much of the next century and a half, still keeping their faces hidden in public. They acted like beggars and lepers at times to keep their cover in public. As this lifestyle drew on for them they slowly tired of it and sat their sights on making a new home for their family. They began this in the early 1650's by becoming Ronin once more to build up money. It took them a few years of ceaseless travel and murder to build up their funds to begin life anew. In the 1670's they made their move and bought up a bit of land in the Edo territory to lay a stake to a new Mori era.

About 30 years after this happened the Mori clan was once again defeated in a large battle, proving to him his fathers inadequate ability as a warrior and a strategist. His parents were lost in the battle, unbeknownst to him they were not killed. He was once again forced to roam the land as a beggar and Ronin. He took on all of the jobs that he could, but stayed to the ones that were worth his ability and time to take his mind off of things. He was able to gather enough money to move to build his family once more from the dirt they had fallen into, he hated to see his family have such a useless name. By this point he had been alive for around 225 years and he would spent the next 15 years trying to rebuild his family name in a way that could never be again tarnished and turned into a useless word.

Now at 240 he again became embroiled in the flames of a kind of war, though this one was much different and harder to explain. It was a turf war of sorts, the samurai were a relic of a time passed and the gangs of Yakuza was attempting to set up their claims on the lands of Japan, he saw his parents, full in their fall from grace as they had fallen to be part of the terror that the gangs were beginning to give to the lands, people scurrying away from them everywhere they went had changed them. Theu were cold and angry at the world and they pushed their son hard, attempting to make him join them instead if staying where he believed. He never gave in to them and fought back as hard as he could to stop them. He soon had taken the entire city he liged in under his protection as he fought this new kind of war. After a ten year power struggle in the city he won, his fight was over for now but it came at a great and terrible cost to his heart. During the fighting he had to kill both of his parents to stop those that followed them into their reign of terror they wished to build to rule over Japan and take all that they wanted to have.

After this, Toshiee tried to fade in the shadows of the world to be as far away from people as he could, he wanted nothing to do with humanity, those people that had poisoned his parents and turned them into what they were. He committed no atrocities and held no grudge against all humans of the world. He simply avoided them for as long as he could for the better part of the next 50 years. He went back to the way he had been before. He roamed from town to town and posed as a beggar or a sick man to get all that he needed before moving on, he was judicious with all parts of his life, he rarely talked to anyone or laid with anyone. He felt like his heart has lost its way and it hurt him deeply, he never turned away from his tenants of Bushido and lived with all of the honor that he could do so. He often looked back on his life to think of the better times that he had in his memory.

Now at 300 years old Toshiee left Japan, he went to Romania to join the Coven of Light, he fell into the life he could make with them. He enjoyed it and once again began to feel alive and happy in his life. He rose through the ranks of the Coven, he fought hard for the people he had lived with bravely in the war. After the war he was offered the spot of Alpha male of the Coven. He accepted the role with happiness, he was happy to be able to help the people that had taken him in when he had needed it the most.

Skills: He is a master swordsman, he knows Muay Thai and jujitsu as well , he is an artist and able to play the violin, piano, guitar.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=174337.0

Character death: Nope, not okay with Toshiee dying.

Strifesblaze7
Is there a point where nobody cares

Strifesblaze7

persephone325

I think it looks good so far.

Disclaimer: I'm letting Strife post his character info here because he was having problems doing it from his phone.

Also, I received a question asking where the RP was taking place. It is in Romania, as stated in the first post. MzHyde's character history says that she "is still ridding the streets of London of its vampire problem." I have no objections to this because vampires are able to travel at extremely fast speeds. She would be capable of traveling from Romania to London in maybe a few hours.

Not the best quality, but you can see the distance would not be a problem for a vampire.
I don't know.

xPeachyPuff

Just letting everyone know I've thrown in my CS (:

- Rainbow

zetzal

So is my aplication okay or is there.  Some stuff that you would like me to change?

Strifesblaze7

This is hard to type out so well, I hope it is good.

Drake Valentine

What year were the covens founded? Or did I missed that somewhere? Also 1900s is when I imagine the timeline this RP is taking place.