Atlas Academy

Started by Jolly Gringo Jiant, May 01, 2010, 12:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Gringo Jiant

((please read the entire description before making the choice to take or leave this RP))

On a small island in New York, there stands a private school for the children of the men and women who control the world. Only the pedigrees are allowed to enroll. Only the descendants of kings and founding fathers. Only those who not only have money, but ownership of the resources that determine it's worth to begin with. The nouveau riche, illegitimate bastards, or brilliant proletariats have been stopped at the gate. Anyone under the standard has been harshly denied... until now.

Atlas Academy and it's students may think of themselves as higher then common men, but there are other things in this world then men, and endeavors darker then wealth at all cost. The faculty has been subject to a rude awakening recently. Student have began to act strangely in some parts of the school. Some disappear only to show up days or even weeks later, and have no idea that they've been missing. Strange men -and things that clearly aren't- have been seen for mere moments. The people who hold the world are being reminded of their humanity.

Not all is lost, however. The Faculty knows that every man has a price, why should monsters be any different? That's where we come in, my fellow freaks. We are the finest young monsters that money can buy. We will walk amongst the yuppy brats, and guard them from the monsters in their closets, and the academy will grant our wish in return. Let's get 'em!

The rules are simple: Your characters (with exception of your NPCs) are children, under the age of 18, who have an ability that gives them an edge over other people. They are able to combat the strange phenomena that endanger mortals every day. On that note, I would like to mention that this is also a story about people learning to use their own powers, so don't arm them to the teeth on day one, leave some room to grow.

In addition to your profiles, I would like you to also post a short story about your character before they were recruited. I'll post mine when I wake up, but go ahead and post yours anytime. Please feel free to add any suggestions to have.
I like blending in with the crowd. Acting like I'm just another human. I can pretend that my mortgage broker screwed me... and lived. Or that the young men in matching colors with concealed weapons and drugs hate me for being white, just like they hate all white people. I can pretend that somewhere out there, my ex wife, Cranky Cracker Giant, is milking child support from me while forbidding me from seeing my son, Wacky Whitey Giant. One day.
                                                -Jolly

Bishrook aka Fate sisters

Our rules forbid the use of characters under the age of 16. Please correct this in your game proposal.
Steph
Weaver of threads
 Clotho who spins,Lachesis who weaves Atopos who cuts
We are the fate sisters, the Moerae, who apportion your destiny.
ons and offs
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=7310.0

Jolly Gringo Jiant

That's going to make this tricky. I did say under 18, however.  It's going to be a pain if we can't even have NPCs younger then that.
I like blending in with the crowd. Acting like I'm just another human. I can pretend that my mortgage broker screwed me... and lived. Or that the young men in matching colors with concealed weapons and drugs hate me for being white, just like they hate all white people. I can pretend that somewhere out there, my ex wife, Cranky Cracker Giant, is milking child support from me while forbidding me from seeing my son, Wacky Whitey Giant. One day.
                                                -Jolly

Caeli

We specifically allow children in non-sexual situations, so as long as characters under the age of sixteen are being portrayed in scenes that are non-sexual, that's fine.

I apologize for the confusion about the rules!
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Jolly Gringo Jiant

I knew it! This is the non-sexual RP area anyway. Seeing as how this special area doesn't allow the touching of special areas, there shouldn't be a problem. Thank you, my goddess.
                                                -Jolly

Jolly Gringo Jiant

Here is the starting tinplate for you guys to use.

Name:
Weakness:
Skill Set:
Weapons:
Equipment:
Appearance:
Price:
Biography:

If your Character has a companion of some sort, please describe them after your profile.

Name: Lyle Gagliardi
Power Type: Sin-Eater http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geist:_The_Sin-Eaters
Weakness: Strait Blade Jimmy (his Geist who has a mind of his own, and his own ideas of how to get thiongs done)
Skill Set: Hitman
Weapons: Shaving Razer (It's also his Keystone), Remington 700 VTR (Sniper Rifle)
Equipment: Lap top computer.
Appearance: A thin white boy, who looks almost sickly. He has sticky black hair, regardless of whether or not he uses gel. He also dresses like he's going to a funeral. The slash across his throat that killed him is now a nasty scar.
Price: The name of his killer.
Biography: Lyle's father was a made man until he was assigned to get rid of the rival Columbian drug lords. Lyle watched his mother and father as their throats were cut. With his hands tied behind his back, a knife at his throat, and a filthy Columbian fixer breathing on him, 12 year old Lyle pried. "Dear god, please send me to hell, so I can give this mook's mother what none of her customers ever could."

As the enraged Columbian raised his knife in anger, Lyle swung his legs around to kick the Columbian over. Moments later Lyle's feet were covered in blood from stomping the hitman's head open. Too bad he was just a mook for the one who slashed his throat. The only thing Lyle saw of his killer was a spider tattoo on his hand. It was the only thing he could see as he died.

Lyle didn't want to die. He said it was just because he wanted to find and kill his kill, but it was something more. Something stronger called into the land of the dead. Jimmy answered.

Strait Blade Jimmy is a Geist that represents mafia killings. In life he was probably a fixer, but there's no way to know that for sure. His face is muddled beyond recognition. His eyes are hollow and flabby and his mouth is curled under his nose, and he speaks with the gash in his neck. He always tell Lyle to to use violence, Lyle is shocked by how often it works.

I'll post my pre-story when I get back. Feel free to post your own.
                                                -Jolly

Jolly Gringo Jiant

"There are many things worse then death, amigo." Lyle said as blood dripped from his blade onto the Columbian drug dealer. "Fore years ago. A made man, and his family. Who - ordered - the - hit?" Let it in!

"I wasn't here then!" "The dealer pleaded to Christ that he be saved from this death. He did not want to die here. He did not want to die the way his bodyguards did. "Please!"

Worm blood. Cold Blade. Let it in. "Who gives you your orders? Who signs your checks?" Lyle asked. "Who knows?"

"I can't! They'll kill me! Oh god!" Blood began to pore from his eyes and skin. He looked up at Lyle begging for forgiveness.

Inside the flesh. "I'll kill you, and then I'll use you, and then I'll send you to Hell." He clenches his fist around the wooden grip of his strait razer. "I can do it. You see what I am, Even if you don't understand."

The dealer's head shakes. He can't say it wont say it. Let it in. Red blood across the wall. Silence. "See what you made me do?" Lyle waved the blood off his blade in a fanning motion. He knew not to close it just yet. The mysterious witness may need it's attention.

"I can see why I was sent to see you." Said a tall man as he stepped from the shadows. He mouth seemed stuck in the same smiling shape, as if it was drawn on that way. His outfit said "business man" while his voice said "salesman." The kind of man Kyle learned early to distrust. "You have some fine gifts, Mr. Gagliardi. Very potent."

"There are no gifts in this world." Lyle scoffed as he walked closer. "Everything received comes with a price. Some are nicer then others, but everyone who gives expects something for it."

"True." The salesmen seemed almost proud of Lyle for saying this. "He was holding a pamphlet now. Lyle hadn't seen it at first, nor had he seen the stranger take it from any pocket. He shrugged it off as more proof that this man was yet another un-human. "Everyone has their price, young man, not that you need me to tell you that. It isn't always money, tho it's far simpler when it is."

Lyle was getting tired of this sales pitch. "Let me guess. I do something for you, and in return, you find my spider friend?" He knows.

"Very well." The smile was suddenly gone, replaced by the poker face of a news caster. "I represent Atlas Academy. I'm sure your aware of our esteemed history. We have recently been subject to a series of unsettling phenomena, and are now seeking talented young supernaturals -such as your self- to ensure the protection of our words. You will receive the finest education, while also being afforded a greater deal of liberty on campus. As an added bonus, the faculty will also grant you one wish that is within reason. If the identity of you family's killer is your wish, it shall be done."

He knows. Ask him hard. Let it in. "Lyle looked around at the three dead men who's blood pooled at his feet. "I'll play school boy with the brats, sure. But let your bosses know that if they screw me, I'll make this look like a heavy period."

((See you all in the RP))
                                                -Jolly

Lynnie

Name: Lucile Darding
Power Type: Telekinetic
Weakness: Loud sounds and bright lights
Skill Set: Guardian
Weapons: Double daggers that are sheathed on her right and left hip
Equipment: Laptop computer, cell phone, tattoo gun.
Appearance:
Price: To have her record erased.
Biography: Here to gain a clean criminial record after accidently killing a man who was having an affiar with her mother. Walking in on them caused her so much pain and grief that she screamed causing the endtable to fly across the room and hit him. Breaking his neck upon impact.
Personality: Quiet and reversed. Mostly focused on protecting the general population of the students and wanting to just be freed from her pass.

(That work?)

Jolly Gringo Jiant

((Yesh *gives Lynnie a ride on his shoulders to say thank you* We can start here if you like, or wait for one more player.))
                                                -Jolly

Lynnie

(( Either is fine with me!))

Lucile wandered about the grounds of the school. It was close to midnight according to the clock tower in the center of the school's property. Looking around at the silent yard, she sighed. Yet another slow night, no one has been kidnapped for the last few days but still here she was walking the grounds yet another time. Pulling out her cell phone and sighs as she has no new message.

"How am I supposed to get my record erased if I don't get anything to do!" She groaned inwardly slightly.

Jolly Gringo Jiant

((Very well. We'll play. If we need more characters, we can make NPCs))

The air was cold for a late summer night. Part of that being from the rain earlier. It reminded Lyle of death. He could hear the city in the distance. It seemed so far away. Farther then the little bridge to the continent. Isolated. No cops. Only victims. "Shut up."
                                                -Jolly

Jolly Gringo Jiant

Lyle looked threw his scope at the dorms every once in a while, but there was nothing going on.  Tempt the teeth of our beast. "Bate? Your kidding." We do not know this enemy. They will move to cut deep. We will cut first. "Assuming our blade is sharper then their's." They will bleed before us, as all before have. "We do have an impressive track record for causing pain. And if we can't kill them we can still let them know the game has changed." I like this plan. It's bloody.

((If you want, you can follow him, Lynnie.))
                                                -Jolly

GlompNinja

Name: Jenkins
Power Type: Wiremaster- The ability to control, alter and manipulate the long cutting wires he uses for tools and weapons.
Weakness: Light, his eyes are extremely sensitive to this to the point where an overly bright light shone into his naked eyes will be enough to cause him to be blinded for several days and possibly fall unconscious
Skill Set: Hunter
Weapons: Multiple bits of razor sharp wire of seemingly limitless length hidden about his person, various knives
Equipment: Custom sunglasses to protect his eyes, a small rechargeable emp device with a 200m effective radius
Appearance: Thin and of average height with an olive complexion, Jenkins has dark brown eyes and black hair usually in a crewcut. He generally wears black jeans and a loose white shirt with a black longsleeved jacket over the top. He prefers sneakers on his feet and almost always wears dark sunglasses unless it is pitch black.
Price: Total and absolute amnesty for all he has done in the past and anything he does in the next four years provided it does not affect the wellbeing of the academy and its patrons
Biography: Jenkins grew up on the streets, surviving with the...help of certain unsavoury patrons provided he was willing to commit minor crimes such as petty theft for them. At the age of twelve he caused offense to members of a large drug cartel and was cornered in an abandoned machine shop. As the hitmen assigned to him pushed him to the floor and prepared to finish him off, his hands landed on a length of rusty but sharp wire cutting them open, it was at this time he felt a strange knowledge of the wire and found within an instant it flashing along the ground like a snake wrapping around the wrist of his assailant and cutting through it easily, his hand falling to the ground still clutching his pistol. The man ran screaming in terror and Jenkins fell unconscious from the pain and shock, but he knew that he had found the tools that would help him become more powerful than any of the petty criminals that had ordered him around. Within the next four years he became famous for his secret, solitary attacks on his rivals and his increasing dominance of the criminal underworld in his area. Feeling threatened, a minor member of the cartel that had once opposed him informed on him to the police, a move that would see his fellows kill him within a few days, but within a month, special forces had moved in and eventually captured him. He was confined in a solitary cell awaiting trial when the representative from the academy approached him.

Lynnie

Lucile wandered the school grounds not really paying attention to where she was going. Her mind more focused on her situtation and what will happen to her in the near future. As she walked she didn't realize she was walking towards Lyle one of the others that were here to protect the humans. Looking up she saw him and smiled, "Hey Lyle." Calling out to him, her voice soft and almost innocently childlike.

GlompNinja

Jenkins sat in the shade of the trees near the entrance of the complex, holding a small piece of wire in his fingers, twisting and turning it in order to make various shapes. He had only recently arrived and thus far hadn't met anyone worthy of attention. He had little in common with the children he had been charged to protect and found it difficult to identify with them.

Jolly Gringo Jiant

"Yo." He waved down to her. A lamb. "I'll be right down." With fangs.
                                                -Jolly

Lynnie

Nodding softly as she pulled out her cell and sighed as she had no new messages or anything. Waiting for lyle she stared at the phone before giving up and putting it back into her purse.

GlompNinja

Some distance away Jenkins could see two people about his own age, but they seemed a little...different from the clients of atlas academy. It was dark already so he saw no harm in moving around and taking a closer look. He flicked his wrist causing a thin wire to soar out and encircle a branch atop a tree a little closer to them, before it grew taught and he jerked on it drawing him in before he flipped up to land lightly upon the branch and retract the cable.

Jolly Gringo Jiant

Lyle walked up to Lucile and whispered to her. Unfocused. Her blade is dull. "I hate to say it, but Jimmy's pretty good at planning." Back handed complements are best when they result in injury. "I act as bate. When whatever comes to get me, I let it kill me. You follow it to where ever it takes me. Then I give it a bloody nose... to keep their ears, eyes and various other organs company. That's when we start asking questions."
                                                -Jolly

GlompNinja

Jenkins interest was piqued. He thought he heard the word kill. Clearly these people were here for the same reason as him, but he saw no particular reason to aid them at this time. For now he would merely observe.

Lynnie

Lucile shurgged as she looked over at him before looking up in to the trees. Arching a brow at what she thought was someone before going back to focus on the man near her. "What will we be doing tonight besides roaming this boring property again?"

Jolly Gringo Jiant

"We could start a fight with the yuppies." Blue bloods. Lyle looked up to see what she was glancing at. A threat. "Then again..." Lyle pulled out his strait razer.
                                                -Jolly

GlompNinja

Hmm it seemed they weren't completely ignorant...

Jenkins flicked his wrist forward, turning it slightly as a large line of shining wire appeared in front of him and quickly curled into a large spiral obscuring most of his body.

"I do hope you're planning to shave, it would hardly seem polite to be wielding that for any other reason."

Jolly Gringo Jiant

"There are some people you shouldn't sneak up on. I'm one of them." Let it in. "Shut up!"
                                                -Jolly

GlompNinja

"Is that so? I'll be sure to remember that. I take it you and your friend are employed in a similiar manner as myself?"