News:

Main Menu

Repo fans

Started by MusicNeverDies, July 20, 2009, 12:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MusicNeverDies

Not sure if a thread on the movie has been made yet, if it has someone point me over there.

I'm just curious A) Who here is a fan?

And B) Okay, who the heck was the mother of Amber, Luigi and Pavi? Was it Marni???

kylie

It came up a couple times in the Games Wanted boards.  (Or was that you?  I don't recall.)  Don't think one ever took off.  Or if one did, at least not more than a 1-1.

Love the movie, but I'm pretty terrible at remembering details of some fiction/celebrities if too much time passes. 

I don't believe they ever mentioned who was the mother of the three warring siblings.  I didn't get the impression that Marni switched lovers after first having any children.

jeneric

It was never mentioned who their mother was. I think it was just a floozy that he hooked up with to get over Marni? Which is confusing cause all his kids are older. Anyways, great movie. Wish I could see it on stage as it was meant to be seen!
"Sometimes it's not the light in a person that you fall in love with, but the dark. Sometimes it's not the optimist you need, but another pessimist to walk beside you and know, absolutely know, that the sound in the dark is a monster, and it really is as bad as you think.

Did that sound hopeless? It didn't feel hopeless. It felt reassuring. It felt - real." ~Blood Noir

Trieste

Probably some flings before he met Marni. I got the impression from the flashbacks that they lived life in the fast lane - I've always imagined that Marni got sick of the glitz and married Nathan because he was steady, normal, down to earth. She didn't want her offspring to end up like Rotti's trio of horrors.

Maeven

I looked this up and it looks like their mom died when they were kids:

Quote#  There Are No Therapists: While almost everyone in the movie is messed up to some extent (only Blind Mag seems to function on a remotely normal level), especially Nathan, the three Largo children make them all look positively healthy.
    * The Expanded Universe canon materials found on the Largo kids' My Spaces imply that Pavi and Amber might have had a chance at normality if their mother had survived their childhood... but Luigi was always like he is.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RepoTheGeneticOpera
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule