New to roleplaying

Started by Sody, August 29, 2013, 03:37:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sody

I am kinda new to role playing, I write short stories. I would like to find someone who is comfortable giving me pointers and perhaps kind enough to lay out my first RP. (Try not to make it complicated)

Also, how should I go about my ons and offs? Do I make a thread or just write in the box provided? (If there are instructions I missed please just link me to save time)

Thanks! :D

Oreo

Hi Sody,

I can't presently help with an RP, but there is an excellent tutorial here for the On/Offs Preferences system. Or you can make a thread here in the Liege's area. I recommend using both, as different members prefer either the threads or Prefernces. Both have a uniqueness that defines the player.

~Oreo

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Kye

If the tutorial doesn't cover your questions remember that your Mentors are always available to help!

HairyHeretic

There's no right or wrong way to roleplay. It's all down to what you, and whoever you're writing with, enjoy.

First person or third person.

Half a page or half a dozen lines.

A single character or hordes of supporting characters.

If you enjoy writing stories, that's your basis there. Start with what you're comfortable with, and see where it goes from there.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.