Small Star Wars game - looking for smuggler/merc crew

Started by RedEve, November 30, 2014, 05:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

I like the idea of the droid being on the ship when Samson stole it and the exchange between them.

Possibly comedic interaction, not sure how willing the droid would be to the hijackers or accepting. Possibilities are endless, but if we go this route, its been a few years.

If there is something along the lines of "registering" yourself to the ship, for whatever reason. Samson still hasn't done it.

(I want to have some comedy like elements...intentional or not  XD )

KieraJade

#prismbreaker
"I am not a committee!"

Baalborn87

I'd like to express interest if there's still space. Thinking soldier/muscle type

RedEve

Quote from: Baalborn87 on December 02, 2014, 07:39:53 AM
I'd like to express interest if there's still space. Thinking soldier/muscle type

I have closed recruiting for now. With just the already approved characters + 1 more CS I am waiting for, this is already slightly bigger than I had planned.

Thank you for your interest though. :)
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Wajin

Name: Muira Ordo
Race: Mandalore native Mandalorian.
Role: Force negater, infiltrator, gunsmith.
Background:
Muira was born on Mandalore to two members of the Mandalorian Death Watch. Her parents were undercover officers believing in the old ways of the Mandalorians. They raised Muira to be the best she could, make her the finest warrior they possibly could. When she turned four the little family moved to Concordia to be just a bit further away from prying eyes. When she was still young her parents honourably left the Death Watch, becoming freelance bounty hunters instead. They brought Muira with them on one of their jobs. It was a routine smuggling operation, however, the family stumbled across an ancient looking ship. The ship, unknown to them, was a Gree vessel that had drifted away from the station it was docked at after the station was destroyed.

The little family went to explore the little ship. Accidentally activating a blast door, Muira's right arm got crushed underneath the enormous weight. The ship activated its automated medbay where Muira was immediately brought. The medbay, equipped with strange Gree technology, scanned Muira and proceeded to graft a mechnical prosthetic to her arm. In time Muira would come to realize that the arm could assimilate metal, to use to grow with its user.

It was also around this time that the little family discovered Muira's "gift". During an assassination mission on what turned out to be a jedi, the Jedi had her father at the tip of his lightsaber when Muira suddenly pounced out. The Jedi could not see Muira in the force, and within moments the blade of the Beskar knife her father had given her was stuck deep inside the Jedi's neck. While the Jedi bled out he looked directly in the direction of Muira and said "Void... you are a void..." After much research, her father found mentions of people who were "Void in the force" The little family started cultivating her abilities, exploring the upper limits of her skills by testing her against force sensitive animals. In time Muira learned to harness her power to such an extent that she could, merely by being in the same room as a force sensitive, project her void around her making the force null. Among the other rather usual abilities for an assassin/infiltrator was her ability to be seemingly impossible to remember, unless she wanted to be remembered. She thought this ability might stem from the weak force sensitivity that almost everyone has.  While much more difficult, she learned during a job that she could focus her powers to turn off lightsabers by voiding the force in the crystal. After working several jobs as a solver of "Force related problems" Muira met Samson, who found her abilities could benefit his crew.

EquipmentIn her travels, Muira has compiled a collection of Lightsabers and crystals, most of them from Dark Acolytes of the empire, but some from Jedi who survived order 66 and who had gotten in her way or become her targets.

She also carries a long, slightly curved single edged blade made from Beskar.

As a gunsmith/weaponsmaker she carries a lot of tools for weapons manufacture and maintenance, some more unique than others. 
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

Frelance

Evolution is an arms race

RedEve

Quote from: Frelance on December 02, 2014, 10:09:38 AM
I will send you my CS once i get off work.

Take your time. :)

I will probably only get around to creating the IC thread this weekend, Friday at the earliest.

I will try to create the character and OOC threads prior to then.

Frelance

Quote from: RedEve on December 02, 2014, 11:19:23 AM
Take your time. :)

I will probably only get around to creating the IC thread this weekend, Friday at the earliest.

I will try to create the character and OOC threads prior to then.

Alright thanks!

RedEve

Added my own character sheet to the opening post.

The aspect of it that might be of most interest to the other players is our starting point: Gall, one of the moons of Zhar.

So Samson and his crew should find themselves there as well at the beginning of the game. Whichever reason for their presence is fine, a job would of course make the most sense. :)

Aiden

I think I'm going to go with what I discussed with Ixy.

They took some fire, probably from an Imperial something and had to dock for repairs. In that time, they meet Ixy's engineer a few days shy of the official start of the game.

So the ship is fixed and ready to go. Maybe Samson will be checking the holonet at the cantina? Possible jobs in the nearby area, something that leads to the run in with the jedi.

KieraJade

Todra could either be with Samson, getting a drink and eyeing the locals.

Ooooorrr...

Having a fun little chat with Remiel's character on the ship! Or anyone else's character who is on the ship. Cause she could also just be on the ship, getting things ready to go.
#prismbreaker
"I am not a committee!"

Aiden

So with the growing crew, I am making  Rama'vaet'izzeu  (Pumpkin Seeds) the equiavelnt of a first mate.

Pumpkin Seeds

Woot.  Wonder if I can start her out on the ship getting a massage from the medical droid.

Aiden

Remiel

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on December 02, 2014, 01:47:41 PM
Woot.  Wonder if I can start her out on the ship getting a massage from the medical droid.

I think it would be funny if one of the women insisted on referring to 2-1B as a "walking vibrator".

(totally with Aiden on the comedic elements!)

Remiel

Quote from: Aiden on December 02, 2014, 02:05:02 AM
If there is something along the lines of "registering" yourself to the ship, for whatever reason. Samson still hasn't done it.

(I want to have some comedy like elements...intentional or not  XD )

Maybe the droid could refer to Samson as "Insert Name Here"?

Aiden

"It's Samson Dammit"

Hello Samson Dammit...register you to this ship.

"No."

As you wish Samson Dammit"

-Random crew-
"Why don't you just register it captain"

Samson "At this point, I'm just being stubborn"

Pumpkin Seeds

First Mate Needles...odd ring to it.  :: cracks the whip at people::

Updating some as well.

Wajin

I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

Frelance

My character just got approved so I am posting it here. Also to tie him in with the crew I am open to having him just join or we can have him know one or more people from the crew and joined a few months before after either he contacts them looking for work or they contract him for a job. Let me know what you guys think might work best.

Name: Kelix Rexil
Race: Clawdite
Role: Hacker
Background:
Kelix grew up in relative comfort while his parents worked as imperial agents. He remembers very little of his childhood before he was enrolled in an imperial academy under a false identify and told my her parents to make sure no one found out that he was not human. What he did remember of his early childhood was his parents both teaching him how to control his shape shifting since only a very few of their superiors knew that they were not human but clawdites.

After word of the Emperors death he was pulled from the imperial academy by his parents during the confusion and the three of them boarded an imperial supply ship by impersonating three of its crew. Once on board they made their way to the atmospheric control center and hid until the ship was clear of the what was soon becoming a battleground as the ships in orbit took sides and the imperial remnants started to fight for power. Once outside they were in a non hostile system Kelix who had spend the time working his way into the ships central computer started systematically venting the atmosphere or pumping toxic gasses into all sections of the ship. Once everyone was dead the three plotted a series of jumps designed to keep them as far away from imperial forces as possible while they made their way to Zolan. As they made their way through hyperspace Kelix learned that his teachers had always known what he truly was and that very few of their kind ever made their way off of Zolan.

Their aim had been simple once they reached Zolan space. They contacted the Clawdite resistance sending the rough area they intended to crash the ship. When the ship finally finished its crash landing it was only a few kilometers away from one of the largest concentrations of clawdites on the planet. For the next few years Kelix fought in the Civil war that consumed the planet but by the end all he wanted to do was leave so he took a job on a mercenary ship and slowly made a name for himself as a spy as well as a hacker.

Aiden

Not sure what the civil war is for your character's planet entails, but we can say the ship arrived a few months before the IC game start and he joined up ever since?

He would have to impress them, but his skills would be a given. Does he reveal he is a clawdite?

RedEve

IC, OOC and character threads created.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=218933.0

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=218934.0

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=218935.0

I wanted to get this off the ground ASAP as many people seem anxious to get started.

Please move your CS into the character thread before making your first IC post.

Frelance

Quote from: Aiden on December 05, 2014, 01:36:18 AM
Not sure what the civil war is for your character's planet entails, but we can say the ship arrived a few months before the IC game start and he joined up ever since?

He would have to impress them, but his skills would be a given. Does he reveal he is a clawdite?

The civil war was between the clawdites and the Zolan for control of the races home planet. The clawdites are a splinter species of the Zolan. having him be part of the crew for a few months sounds good to me and yes he would reveal what he is to make sure he got the position and could get off the planet :).

HeavenAbove

Aiden

Try sending Redeve a PM, I think we are full but she might make an exception for good sheets/potential plot ideas.