News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Started by Verina, July 02, 2015, 05:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verina

Just registered today, and since to be approved more then just the initial post is expected I thought I'd ask about the basics like picking and setting up an acceptable avatar picture.
I'd appreciate any suggestions as to what's acceptable and what's NOT acceptable.

AmberStarfire

Hi Verina and welcome. :)

You need to save a picture in a typical format (a .jpg is fine) with maximum measurements of 200px by 150px (with the height being the larger of the two measurements). If it's too tall or wide, then it will come up with an error message when you go to upload it.

The only rules I know of with avatars is no nudity below the waist and if someone is pictured, they have to be legal adults. If you were ever to use a picture of yourself, you can't have other people included in the picture. That's normally a rule for the Elluiki (the wiki, which includes pictures of members) but I think that rule applies to everywhere on the site. I suspect you might not be able to add an image until you're approved as a member. I don't remember seeing those people awaiting approval with portraits.

Verina

Thank you.  I was wondering if there was anything 'special' to be aware of, but guess it's really no different then setting up an avatar picture on most other sites.

Blythe

Quote from: AmberStarfire on July 02, 2015, 05:25:08 PM
I suspect you might not be able to add an image until you're approved as a member. I don't remember seeing those people awaiting approval with portraits.

This is correct. Only approved members can create avatars and signatures.

Zeth

Verina, a special note that applies to only this site. No underage looking avatars. This does extend to 'Chibi' versions of gown up characters as well. I once had the avatar of an anime guy that was 18 in the anime but looked 14, and they asked my nicely to change it.