Soul Calibur: Blade of Lust (Game Map+Stage Completed)

Started by NubianLegend, June 07, 2014, 12:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NubianLegend

What is Soul Calibur?
Soul Calibur (ソウルキャリバー SōruKyaribā?) is a successful 3D fighting game developed by Project Soul and produced by namco(same people behind Tekken and Pacman), noted for its um..."physics". A good way to describe Soul Calibur is Tekken with weapons basically. What you see in the title above is what you get. Babes with blades and such. Not too long ago I was looking into some interesting Soul Calibur artwork and an idea occurred to me. There's plenty of cosplay and "fanart" online, but I've never seen an actual soul calibur roleplay(odd huh?)

This would make an excellent role play, I thought.  So, here's my attempt at just that. I know this is a very scant introduction for the time being,  but please bear with me.  For the next few days or so, I intend to flesh out a complete story, an expanded introduction, a character sheet and with any luck an OOC and IC.

Leave your comments here and I'll get back to you.  :-)

What is this game is about?

For the most part this game stays truthful to the actual core and content of the soul series in terms of lore and canon, though with some key differences here and there. Soul Calibur does indeed exist in this universe and it will play a role in the story but I want to prioritize the role of the blade of lust for obvious reasons. This game is set sometime in-between the 4th and 5th installations so please keep that in mind. I haven't played Broken Destiny yet but I may allow certain  characters from earlier titles and spinoffs. I will not allow characters from non-soul titles(sorry). I want to keep the dimensional traveling stuff to a minimum. If you're ever unsure about something, just ask me. I may make some type of exception.

What is the blade of lust?

The blade of lust in simplest terms, is a supernatural weapon in the same vein as soul edge and soul calibur but with a divergent origin and purpose. No one quite knows where it comes from or who created it but its powers appears to govern the laws of sex and eroticism in the same way that soul edge and soul calibur embodies the characteristics of good and evil, respectively. The Blade of Lust isn't intended to be a source of evil, but in the hands of a mortal it corrupts the wielder beyond acceptable desires. Those who come in contact with the blade can become tainted by its perverse thrall and end up as reluctant or non-reluctant servants of its biding,  its effects can only be nullified if one is rendered unconscious(defeat) or if one is ordered otherwise by the wielder of the blade themselves. The blade of lust can only be countered by The blade of virtue. It's opposite counterpart.

The blade has three primary functions which act as such:

1. Altering the physical/sexual characteristics of the host (enhancements, gender bending, etc)
2. Altering the physical/ sexual characteristics of the other (Gender bender, breast augmentation, etc)
3. Manipulating and or arousing the sexual desires of the other by way of command (Hypnotism)

Note: It should go without saying for the 2nd and 3rd operatives to work, one has to be struck by the blade beforehand.

2nd Note: A caveat about the blade of lust that I left out that I feel like everyone here should know about. If someone comes in contact with the blade then that person is infected right? Of course we all know that.  Well, if the infected person has intercourse with anyone else then the person they sleep with may also be susceptible to the blade of lusts control. It sort of works like STD's. You don't technically have to be cut by the blade of lust to be under its control. All you have to do is sleep with someone who is already infected and you too will also be subject to its laws.  The blade of virtue is the only form of protection against the blade of lust. It may also reverse the prompts of the BOL. So stay safe or not...

So, what should I expect?

Without revealing too much about the actual core of the plot, the game will take place on various continents or "stages" among the various cast of characters. In between stages there will be opportunities to have your characters explore, interact and do other things within their environment, think Chronicles of the Sword.

There will be a sort of protagonist group whose task is to apprehend the blade and bring justice and yada yada yada. There will also be a group assisting the blades host who will serve as the primary antagonist who sets the whole story arc into motion. I can either designate someone to be the blades host or someone can volunteer for the position. If no one chooses to be the blades host, I will volunteer an NPC for the role.

This is a free-from sandbox kind of game. Traveling the world is not an easy task. Players are encouraged to form teams or do their own thing if they so choose.

Content-wise. You should probably expect non-con to crop up relatively frequently due to the nature of the story. If there's something you're uncomfortable with you should probably list that in your character profile or mention it in the OOC. I expect people to respect each others limits and what not. I can see this game going into the extreme section due to its violent and potentially rape-y themes. I'm not one to squick at most things so feel free push the envelope as you see fit as long as its within the sites rules,   but I know others see things differently but I think most of us here are reasonable adults so I shouldn't expect too many complaints here.

Character Roles

Antagonist Party

Blade of Lust Host: Isabella "Ivy" Valentine
Co-Opt 1:
Co-Opt 2:
Co-Opt 3:

Nightmare's group: Nightmare
Co-Opt 1:
Co-Opt 2:
Co-Opt 3:

Protagonist Party

Blade of Virtue Host:  Undecided
Ally 1: Xinghua
Ally 2: Seung-Mina
Ally 3: Open

Keeper of the Blades: Hephaestus

Independent Characters

Player 1: Maxi
Player 2: Taki
Player 3: Tira
Player 4: Astaroth

Blade of Lust Victims

Victim 1:
Victim 2:
Victim 3:

So, who can I use?

You can use any of the characters of the soul series so long as they aren't dead and comply with the sites rules(no underage, no real life stuff) or something offensive(You know how this internet thing works). You can also create a soul just like in the games(original custom characters), but a fair warning I'll be more stringent on which original souls I will accept. You can check with the official wiki to see if your character is kosher. 
http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Soulcalibur_Wiki

A list of available canons.

Women

Sophitia
Casandra
Ivy
Taki
Seong-Mina
Natsu
Shura
Tira
Talim(needs ID)
Xinghua
Setsuka
Viola
Angol Fear
Hilde
Asholette
Scheherazade

Men

Mitsurugi
Siegfried
Kilik
Maxi
Nightmare
Zalasalamel
Yoshimitsu
Yun-Seong
Raphael
Cervantes
Hwang
Astaroth
Rock
Geo "Le Bello" Dampierre
Li Long
Aeon Calcos/Lizard Man

?

Voldo

Create-A-Soul Character Generator

[float=right][img height=350][/img][/float]
User Name:
Character Name:
Nationality:
Starting Point: Can be left blank until we get the game mapped out
Appearance:
Role: Whose side are you on?  (Protagonist, Antagonist, Independent, Victim)
Equipment:
Archetype: (How would you describe your characters class? Barbarian, Dancer, Thief, Ninja, Saint, Monk, Pirate, Assassin, Gladiator, Sword Master, Sage, Knight, etc. leave black if canon )
http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Create-a-Soul_Job_List
Personality: (optional)
Theme Music: (optional)
Bio:
Turn Ons:
Turn Offs:

Vercile

LeSane

Yes! Just yes.. my interest is here.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Sinestra

Editing this post for Ivy... I will also volunteer to be the Blade of Lusts' initial host. In Ivy's quest to destroy Soul Calibur, she no doubt could have sought out the Blade of Lusts/Virtue (with the intent on collecting both) in an attempt to gain enough power to oppose Soul Edge... will expand on that once we decide who has the Blades. If someone else also wants to volunteer to host the Blade, I'm welcome it too. Ivy can be independent as well, or whatever. We'll talk about it...

User Name: Sinestra
Character Name: Isabella "Ivy" Valentine
Age: 32 (Stopped aging due to Valentine Blade and her clash with Cervantes, Chronologically is 47)
Sex: Female
Nationality: British
Starting Point:
Appearance:
Role: Antagonist (Host) or Independent
Equipment: As a Baroness, Isabella possesses a massive collection of wealth, alchemical objects and more...
Archetype: N/A
Personality: Domineering, Power Hungry, Vengeful, Scholarly and Prideful
Theme Music: Unblessed Soul
Bio: http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Ivy
Turn Ons: Her Own Power, Being in Control, Administering Discipline, Bondage, Magic and Alchemy
Turn Offs: Being Helpless, The Mundane and Ordinary
(Please note that the listed turn offs are not the turn offs of the player.)
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

zenpai

this is my girl if only she was older lol. so im in
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

NubianLegend

Quote from: Sinestra on June 07, 2014, 12:35:32 AM
I absolutely volunteer as tribute!

I love Soul Calibur. :)

Good. We could always use fresh me-I mean lovely ladies such as yourself.  >:)

iridum248

Oooh, this sounds interesting: What did you have in mind?

For canonical girls, I'd love to play Sophitia, Taki or Tira - Though Sophitia is probably my favourite, for reasons.   

Sessha

Not sure who I'd play yet but I'll throw my lot in for this.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Divine Tenacity

I volunteer for Taki or Natsu... depending on if I can manage it along with any of my other games.
Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

Sinestra

I have a few original characters (so sue me, I loved the character creation tool in 4&5), but for Canon characters I'd jump on Ivy and Shura... so I'll just go "Dibs on Ivy!" for the moment. :)
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

Garuss Vakarian

Tentatively interested in playing. I will make a oc, but also play a canon. Since, A: I really wanna have an oc. B: Canons really should be there.

Tentatively: Due to a bit of schedule. If your fine with a poster who's rate is not the most prompt, but quick enough to get by. Then I am in.

Dibb's: "You like that? It's called getting whooped!"
                                             -Maxi

Vaulera

I have definite interest in this game! That being said, I played Raphael and Yoshimitsu exclusively! Love to see how this turns out.

Kokaine

Ooh, I'm intrigued. I don't usually play canon characters but I'd make an exception if I could play Tira (my fave) xD
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

zenpai

So no edizo, vader, apprentice, link, spawn, hehichi, weapons master, charade no guest character
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

NubianLegend

Quote from: zenpai on June 07, 2014, 12:42:47 PM
So no edizo, vader, apprentice, link, spawn, hehichi, weapons master, charade no guest character

Yes, I'm trying to avoid as many potential plotholes if possible. Some of those characters just don't fit the era like Vader. Kratos might be fine if it weren't for the fact that he's OP and Link has his own set of problems. I'm trying to go for a historic feel.

Garuss Vakarian

Kratos is a mortal warrior, whom after achieving god hood lost it. He is not OP. Even if he killed Zues. He is as mortal as any one else, and only achieves what he achieves as the main character of HIS game. Earning his powers, abilities, and skills to defeat the gods by sheer force of strength and will. That said. I still wouldnt want Kratos around. He is after all, a character who's only true character trait's are being a bad ass and a womanizer. Not much room for role playing that. (Besides for a very dark past.) Games were fun though!

Kokaine

Will finish this when I get home later.

User Name: Kokaine
Character Name: Tira
Sex: Female
Nationality: Unknown
Starting Point: TBD
Appearance: Tira stands 5'3" tall, with dark brown hair usually worn in pigtails, and violet eyes. See pic.
Role: Antagonist
Equipment: Ring Blade named Eiserne Drossel
Archetype: Canon (Assassin, Acrobat)

Personality: Ruthless, Sadistic, Erratic, Houses multiple personalities (known loosely as Jolly and Gloomy), Fascinated by death

Theme Music:
1.Wings of Despair
2.Mischievous Whispers

Bio: http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Tira

Turn Ons: Storms, danger, the forbidden, pain (giving and receiving), control, having control taken from her, inappropriate times and places, strong bodies she can play with, men and women equally, anything that gets the adrenaline pumping, Power. Note that blood and violence will also get her excited though these need not be during the actual act of sex.
Turn Offs: (Character) - Anything sweet/nice/lovey, others taking her toys, weaklings; (Player) - Toilet play, fisting, feet, excessive blood/pain/mutilation during sex, snuff, animals
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Sinestra

NubianLegend

Quote from: Sinestra on June 07, 2014, 07:49:09 PM
Edited my first post with Ivy's write up. :)

Good so far, I think Ivy would make an excellent blade host btw. I'll wait and see if there are no more contenders for the role, if not then it's yours.

Sinestra

I think it would be an interesting look for her... Valentine in one hand, Blade of Lusts in the other. You should try and find a suitable image for the blade. :)

NubianLegend

Quote from: Sinestra on June 07, 2014, 08:17:06 PM
I think it would be an interesting look for her... Valentine in one hand, Blade of Lusts in the other. You should try and find a suitable image for the blade. :)

I thought about doing that for a second , but I thought it would be something that would manifest in different forms depending on who's wielding it. I guess we can have a sort of unnofficial artwork for the blade. Anyone want to help me find pics for the blades?

Sinestra

I'll have a look :)

And I assumed it would change shape, like the other blades

Sinestra

Considering the look of the 2 existing blades, that seems a bit mundane, even for its "mundane" form, so I would say. I'll be home in a bit, will find some looks.

ElCapitan

Count me interested, though I usually avoid cannon play. Thinking either Kilik or Yun-Seong.  Balanced penitent monk, or 'thousand kicks to the face'

I'll have decided by tomorrow.