News:

Main Menu

NFL Discussion Thread

Started by Deamonbane, September 06, 2018, 12:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Rhael

Go Giants! Any New York fans? Certainly I can't be the only one.

~~ Current Status: Unavailable (7/7 RPs) || My O/O Thread || 1x1 Wanted Roleplays ~~

Deamonbane

As a Patriots fan, I was really sad to see Aaron Rodgers playing on a bad knee on SNF. Here's to hoping that he recovers and lasts all season.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Ziether

Bane, I thought I could like you as a fellow human being, but now my dreams of coexistence with others is shattered. Shattered, I tell you!

Okay. That out of the way, I hope Brady has a solid year, the Pats go 10-6, and they get knocked out in the Wild Card round. A guy can dream, right?

As an Angeleno, I have exercised my one-time pass for bandwagoning when a team (in this case teams) move into my market. I was disappointed in the Bolts, but can't be happier with the Rams.

To be honest, I want good, clean games. I want dueling coordinators. I want to see Sam Darnold open his career with that pick six. I want to see Von Miller wreck offenses and rip the ball from a guy's hands like it's nothing special. I want to see Aaron Rodgers defy logic.

I love football. I was raised on football. It's an incredible game of strategy and athleticism that depends on eleven guys working together and not letting up.

The offseason has been too long, as it always is.

2018-2019 football, let's do this!
Under Emergency Maintenance

Deamonbane

Quote from: Ziether on September 11, 2018, 11:44:57 AM
Bane, I thought I could like you as a fellow human being, but now my dreams of coexistence with others is shattered. Shattered, I tell you!
:(

We can still be the friendly rivals that have witty banter during our duels, right?

Ziether

Maybe. I may have to sulk for a while first.

Deamonbane

Ziether

In case anyone is a fan of football-related humor, a Twitter account I get a chuckle at: https://mobile.twitter.com/CaptMahomesII

MasterMischief

I am really mixed on this season.  My team has disappointed me for so long I was already on the fence about giving up.  The political issues swirling around the league have also turned me off.  But I think what bothers me the most is the league's failure to take spouse/partner abuse seriously.

Flower

I'm not super versed in football but I do watch it...as it's on the TV on game day. I am excited about Chicago's prospects this year. They didn't look too good in their game against the Packers; got lazy in the second half. However, I did enjoy how they played against Seahawks. I hope to see that performance, strong defense and all, more. If it happens, we might have a chance at winning more games.

Deamonbane

Browns beat the Jets. Pretty happy about that, because they end a winless streak that's been carried for 635 games. But also because I like seeing the Jets lose :D

CaptainErotica

Man I really wish my team (Cardinals) could win a Super Bowl for Larry Fitzgerald. If anyone deserves it it is Larry. Sadly it's looking like yet another down year for us.

Flower

Deamonbane

End Score:

Kansas City Chiefs 40 x 43 New England Patriots.

Holy. Shit. What a game.

Csharynn

Deamonbane

Flower

My bears were so close. But at least they didn't get tooooo stomped.

Flower

This kicker needs to be fired.

Deamonbane

Chiefs 51 x 54 Rams. Holy shit.

Zaphod

Quote from: Deamonbane on November 19, 2018, 11:24:48 PM
Chiefs 51 x 54 Rams. Holy shit.

I used to play defense and this game made me cringe. :/

Deamonbane

The coaching was fairly terrible there too.

Zaphod

Chiefs would have probably scored 80 or more without all the turnovers.

Deamonbane

Mahomes has a great arm, but he showed that he can't make plays without his buys Kelce, Hunt and Hill making plays for him. He showed that there, and he showed that in the New England game too. Once they started getting covered properly, and Kelce started dropping passes, he became average at best. He had two chances -TWO!- to get his team into field goal position and he got intercepted twice.

You don't get to think of yourself as MVP when you can't pull off plays come clutch time, and Mahomes just doesn't have that yet. Yeah, he's young, but he's also playing with one of the best RBs, WRs, and TEs in their positions today, and KC won't be able to keep all three plus Mahomes next year. I'd like to see how Mahomes plays then. Not as some sort of skeptical challenge. I think he shows promise, but I'd like to see how he plays when he doesn't have an all-star receiving corps.

So yeah, if the turnovers didn't happen, it would have been a different ballgame. But they did. Mahomes gave the Rams the ball five times in a game, once for a pick-six and once for a fumble returned for a TD. You can't just ignore that and say that KC played better. They didn't. They turned the ball over five times. They beat themselves.

Zaphod

Mahomes is fantastic considering he just started this year. He was playing against Wade Philips, the second best defensive mind in the NFL after Bill Belichick. Turnovers are a given.

Deamonbane

Brees didn't turn the ball over to the Rams, and his team won.

Now, yeah, you can say that he just started this year and it's not fair to compare him to the likes of Brady and Brees. And I'd say, if we were talking about stats, you might be right. However, we're talking about winning football games. He's had three shootout games against three top-tier QBs, and he's won one against the Steelers who had tied a game with the Browns a week before. So far, when Mahomes has gone up against equal talent, he's come short when the time came to make the big, clutch play.