Diuinitati (Harry Potter-esque themed rp [Interest Check] )

Started by LadyNitrate, January 27, 2012, 05:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyNitrate

You might have looked at this and thought, what an interesting title. I wonder what that means. I will tell you what it means, Diuinitati in Latin means 'Divinity'. Recently I noticed a Harry Potter thread pop up. Now I don't know how popular that is and if it got a good amount of people willing to play in it but it made me start to think. Why Harry Potter? Why not make your own magical school! There could could control everything and so I give you, Diuinitati. A school I've created, with a bit of help from J.K Rowling's original works of course. This would be centered around a more 'college type' age instead of younglings, as to fit in with E rules of course.

My question is, is anyone interested? Trust me when I say what I've got created, you will not be disappointed with.
"If I can't annoy anyone, what point is there in writing?" Kingsley Amis

LadyN's O/O's Ideas Preferences

Lycan Queen

Color me interested. Just what is this setting that you've created?

AlphaWolfQuin

I would be interested I'm always up for a magic school role play
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

Well if milady Nitrate is involved I might be a tad curious.
"She is all the great heroines of the world in one. She is more than an individual. I love her, and I must make her love me. I want to make Romeo jealous. I want the dead lovers of the world to hear our laughter, and grow sad. I want a breath of our passion to stir dust into consciousness, to wake their ashes in pain."

Can You Cast Me Far From Grace? ~ Ons and Offs (WIP)

Sic Transit Seraphim ~ Apologies, Absences and Admiral Ackbar

LadyNitrate

I personally prefer to color people in a shade of magenta, but I can deal with people being colored interested. The setting I have in mind is Lake Superior, so America directly, in our time. I will go ahead and post the first page of what I've got in mind but keep in mind, it is a lot to take in....a lot.

Good to see you again Rissa ;)

Two decades ago, Harry Potter did amazing things for England for an unheard of community. His name was whispered everywhere for years, everywhere except for America. They hadn’t heard of Harry Potter, or Lord Voldemort. Instead, they were happily ignorant of all the dangers that lurked, just beyond the sea.

Hidden in plain site, Lake Superior, the largest of the five great lakes, and the one that is in Canada as well as the United States, is home to more than just tourist, wild life, and fish. In the middle of the lake, sits a small Island, one that has a lonely abandoned house in the center of it. No one visits the Island, because no one knows of it, and the ones who do never find the time, or drive to want to go and visit the Island, and there is a reason for that. The house and the island itself, is the concealment of a school. A school, of magic.

“If it is knowledge of the world unseen you seek, here at Diuinitati, you will find it. Venite omnes qui quarunt scientiam.” The motto of the hidden school, where students learn how to control, as well as enhance, their natural powers. They learn of all sorts of different magic, such as Transfiguration and Marine Essence. At the age of twelve, each young witch or wizard, who has powers either evident or not, are chosen and have the opportunity to become a student of Diuinitati, one of the two Wizarding schools in America, which is also one of the three out of North America. Like it’s English counterpart, Hogwarts, Diuinitati is co-ed and made up of four founders, who hoped to share their knowledge with the young wizards for centuries to come.

Silas Blackburn, who was known for his work with wolves. Silas was abandoned as a child and taken in by wolves, he only survived because he was a wizard, doing amazing things at a young age. He also was known for studying the effects of wolves being bitten by werewolves, and creating a lunar potion, much like wolfsbane, that lets werewolves not only become docile during the full moon, but also resist changing into their wolf form, if they’ve taken it on the night of the full moon.

Maria Campbell, The first wizard of her family, Maria's family raised Stallions. Maria had the talent to communicate with horses, it was how she discovered she was a witch. Maria also utilized her natural talent to work with unicorns, and discovered more than 100 different types of ways to use unicorn hoof shavings, something that others had disregarded in the past. All of Maria's descendants are said to have the ability to communicate with horses as well, though no one is sure who her descendants really are, as others have had the ability to speak with horses as well.

Phillip Dawes, a man of solitude. Phillip studied Eagles, and their ability to survive. Phillip discovered that Eagle blood had special properties that could be used to create some of the deadliest poisons, that without the eagle blood, would be harmless. Phillip was the last to agree being a founder, as he had made his fortune by himself, he agreed reluctantly as Phillip was slowly dying from a poison he had created, Sensim Mortem, he hoped in becoming a part of teaching he would find a cure for the poison that was taking decades to kill him.

Abigail Montfort, the idealist of the group, Abigail wasn't as powerful a wizard as the other founders, but she did wonders with charms, with and without her hand. Abigail excelled at nonverbal spells, more so than anyone else of the time. The fox was her animal of choice, as they were cunning creatures, as she considered herself to be. A cunning creature who could charm others, erase their memories even, without uttering a word. Abigail surrounded herself with powerful wizards, who she may use her Silentiumency, a different form of occumelency that allowed her to do it in secret, without anyone's knowledge.

Damian Demopilous The Fifth Founder, was a strange one. Damian Demopilous. Damian became infatuated with the water a young age. Of Greek ancestroy, Damian was the leading praticer of magic involving enchanted water. Damian believed himself to have been saved from drowning by a magical Liopleurodon that could turn invisible, which is why it's never been found only sightings. He has done so many studies of them, and believes that Liopleurodon blood will be able to turn things, such as cloaks, hats, anything invisible as well. Some people think him a bit of a crack pot, but no one knows more about magical water properties than him, at least not in North America.

Together the five of them make up the five clans that students are sorted into when they arrive at Diuinitati for the very first time. How you are placed into a clan is easy. Each first year students takes a doubloon, which is given with their acceptance letters, and throws it into Sapientia, a colossal goblet forged, in gold, together by the founders, which is filled with enchanted water of the lake. The water will release smoke with each doubloon. The smoke becomes the specific clan animal, as well as the clan colors, symbolizing which clan the thrower is meant to be a part of.

The Clans
[/size]
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
The Montfort Clan
To those who are deemed part of the Monfort clan, the fox becomes their symbol. Violet and brown, as cheery and down to earth as they may seem, a few dark souls lurk beneath them. Sly and cunning are these, they know how to get what they want, charming their way into people's lives. A trickster the fox is forever, they will even undermine their friends, if it gets them ahead. Their business is not of yours, ones who poke their noses where it doesn't belong are not friends of the Montfort's.

The Blackburn Clan
Social creatures are those part of the Blackburn clan, the wolf as their stead. Leaders of the clans, with their proud hues of black and silver. They are the embodiment of power, ruthlessness, and working together. These wolves are prideful, and don't easily let in others. They are a tight knit pack, one that others will find more than enough trouble with if trying to infiltrate. They do not like those of tricky ways and think highly of honesty.

The Campbell Clan
Hard workers are those under the horse of Campbell clan. They are brave and strong with determination at their side. Under crimson and cream do these students run with the magnificence of stallions at their backs. A good friend Campbell's become, though when in a fight they are not the ones to call at your side. A kind soul, they are not ones for violence, instead they attempt to find ways around it before engaging in it.

The Dawes Clan
The flighty of the Clan's are those of Dawes, though not to be taken lightly. Beneath the wings of the mighty eagles do these students soar with gold and blue. They have the gift of natural logic at their side, as well as the ability to see that which others do not. Eagles though, do not know how to let others help them, they can do it all on their own. They quest for wisdom can sometimes lead them astray, but if you have an unanswered question, it is a student of the Eagle in which you should take it.

The Demopilous Clan
What more can be said about the Demopilous clan? They have a gift for water, some have been said to have sway over it. Beneath the magical form of the Liopleurodon, these clan members stride together in light blue and dark green. They have imagination greater of any other clan, as well as the drive to get what they want done. They never give up on what they believe in, but at the same time, they can sometimes live a little bit in the clouds. What to see a copy of England's The Quibbler? Demopilous clan is who you should ask.

A little more about the actual school, it's layout, and classes. Diuinitati, is on land, on water, and under water. The main building, in which the library, dining hall, all the main hallways leading to classrooms as well as other buildings, and Headmaster's office is located on the water.  Below the Headmaster's office, and above all the areas of the main building, is the Blackburn den. It's located behind a giant a pack of wolves, the one at the stead a large black one. To get in, each member of the Blackburn Clan, must submit, in wolf fashion by showing of the neck to the Alpha.

A smaller building, The West Wing, directly connected to it, is located on the land. The astronomy, and astrology classes are in the land bound building, as well as the infirmary. On the third floor of the West Wing, beneath the astronomy and astrology towers, is the Campbell quarters. The interance to which is beneath a statue of a stallion rearing back. The way to get in, is by feeding the statue a cube of sugar. The school's Quidditch pitch is behind the West Wing, on the Island. 

Connected to the West Wing, by a bridge of the water, is the East Wing where such classes as Transfiguration, History of Magic, Runes, Magical Defense, and the school's makeshift cafe, is located. Beneath all of these is where, submerged under water, the clan of Monfort finds their quarters. Their entrance is a brick, made to be the face of a fox in the middle of the wall. The fox must be tickled on the nose before it will grant anyone access.

Finally, you have the Marine Wing. Completely underwater, the Marine Wing is where all of the studying of Marine magic, classes like Marine Essence, Potions, and Care of Water Creatures, is done. Beside the Marine Essence classroom, lies the Demopilous cove. It is made of glass, so that the students may always study the marine creatures and be on the look out for the Liopleurodon. The entrance to the Demopilous cove is behind a painting of a Liopleurodon, one of the eight down there, and to enter the students must name the last place a Liopleurodon was seen, most of the time it is Loch Ness, Scotland.

The Dawes clan, though it would seem to be located in the West Wing is not. The Dawes clan is located high in the Message Tower. At the very top of the tower, which is made of glass, the Dawes clan finds themselves perched. All birds that are used to send messages, are located beneath the Dawes' perch. In order to gain access to the stairway, you've got to make it past the bird and answer a question that the Eagle statue asks.

List of Classes and Spells
[/size]

Appearance (description or picture please)
Name:
Age/Year: (an 18y/o will be a first year and a 22 or 23 y/o will be a fourth year)
Clan:
Wand: (elm, oak, with dragon heartstring, etc)
Astrological Sign: (simply because there is an astrology class)
Classes: (at least five no more than seven)
Class Strengths/Weaknesses: (what classes you are best at and worst at)
Personality:
Background:
Extra:

A/N's
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

The spells, classes, and magical beasts, are all based on J.K Rowling's Universe though not everything is the same, as you can clearly tell. I give her full credit for everything that doesn't seem to be created by someone who hasn't fully researched it lol.

Also. Deebz, as most of you probably know him, is my Co-GM. So if he says something to you, or says that you are accepted, like wise if he says you are not accepted, that's that. I will probably not question the decision that he has made so don't come crying to me.

Also, I do not, do not, want any posts that are ridiculiously short unless there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. I expect at least a paragraph from everyone. I will probably always give two or three, perhaps more. I've put a lot of work into this roleplay, so I don't want it to flop within the first ten pages.

Look to my second post, to see the accepted Character sheets and the small character sheets that I have made for the teachers. I will also list the different clans and their current students, in that post.

Xantham

This sounds very interesting and well-thought out.  A couple of quick questions:

1.  Are all the players going to come in as a "class", ala HarryP, book 1; or is it more spread out, with interaction not really happening during classes?
2.  Is there a character limit?  Just one, or are you allowed more.  Not that anyone has even been approved for one yet, I was just wondering.
3.  If more than one, are you looking for teachers as well as students, or are the classes going to be unimportant to most of the RP?

I look forward to your answers...oh and lastly...

4.  Would you like us to post character applications here or PM you (and DeebZ)?

Cheers,
Xantham

LadyNitrate

Alright, I will answer your questions and I'm glad that you've shown interest but this doesn't even show everything I've got planned out for this roleplay. There will be a bad guy coming into play later one and I've got a lot more surprises up my sleeve than that. Now on to your questions. Though it might not necessarily be in order.

Classes are very important. In fact that's how you'll get to know different people. Sure they won't take up 10 pages at a time in the roleplay but they are important. Depending on the age group you start out, I for example will be a 2nd year, you may or may not know people. Once the ooc is up in the group thread we can tall about friendships and potential relationships there. I welcome you to submit more than one character with a limit of three. Though they might no all be approved mind you. As far as teachers go, once the OOC is up you'll understand about them. Disregard a mention of Deebz, I tried this on a different roleplay site and it flopped though I still gve credit where it is due. As for character sheets, you can pm them, it'll be much easier at the moment. 

Reia

Since students start out at age 18 - what about previous eduction? Would they have any or would this be the first time actually learning anything?
[tr][td]

Updated: 03/24/19
[/td][td]
Updated: 06/24/12
[/td][td]
Updated: 07/20/15
[/td][td]
Posted: 11/24/14
[/td][td]
Updated: 03/04/19
[/td][/tr][/table]

LadyNitrate

They start out at age 18 yes, but if you want to think about it like this, Diuinitati is like Hogwarts: College Style. Understand? Basically you've already had magic training, for the sake of being simple, since the age of 11 and now you are just continuing your education in order to become part of the occupation you've set for your life.

Reia

Quote from: LadyNitrate on February 01, 2012, 06:51:32 PM
They start out at age 18 yes, but if you want to think about it like this, Diuinitati is like Hogwarts: College Style. Understand? Basically you've already had magic training, for the sake of being simple, since the age of 11 and now you are just continuing your education in order to become part of the occupation you've set for your life.

That's exactly what I wasn't sure about. Thanks for clearing that up. I'm definitely interested in this and hope to have a CS to you later this week. :)
[tr][td]

Updated: 03/24/19
[/td][td]
Updated: 06/24/12
[/td][td]
Updated: 07/20/15
[/td][td]
Posted: 11/24/14
[/td][td]
Updated: 03/04/19
[/td][/tr][/table]

Loves

I am interested in joining the magical fun. Sign me up! Do I need to sell my soul to get in? sign in blood? offer something naughty? ;)

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Moon Hound Hati

I'm interested, but throwing money at my screen doesn't seem to do anything, so I'll express my willingness to participate with this post. I'm ready to wave my wand anytime you need me to.
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

LadyNitrate

Haha no blood signing is necessary, yet ;)

Alright! Thank you all for being interested. I'm glad that I'm getting a good turn out of people. Now this is what I am going to do, as everyone is expressing their interest. I'm not going to require that you pm me your character sheets, though that will make things less cluttered as I will be editing them all on to a page I will create on the OOC, which is something else I wish to speak about.

I plan on creating an OOC right now! Which will have all of the information that I've posted earlier about the school, as well as a few more things. I'd like to point out that there will be a lot of information going on the ooc and I will probably reserve the first two pages of it for myself so I ask that no one post in the OOC until there are at least three posts of mine up. On another note, my personal character sheet will be on the ooc for everyone to look at if they'd like to get an idea of what I'm looking for.

As for what I'm posting this under. Personally, I am a Light player though I understand some other people might not be. So unless I hear otherwise before I get the OOC up, I will be posting it in Light Group Roleplays.

Loves

Sounds good to me moi cap-ee-tan ;) I shall do as I am commanded :P

No Hati, that only applies to the lady in charge... I know you to well to do as you command ;)
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Moon Hound Hati

Quote from: LovesReading2 on February 02, 2012, 07:24:24 PM
No Hati, that only applies to the lady in charge... I know you to well to do as you command ;)

...Damnit.

In any case. I shall start working on getting my character sheet in order.
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

LadyNitrate

Haha.

I'm glad that you guys are working on character sheets. If you'd like, I don't know if anyone has seen it yet, but the OOC is up so you can see what I've got up as far as my own character goes.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131079.0

If you have any questions about it please, feel free to ask.

Loves

Working on my sheet as we speak..... can I go ahead and Post it there or do you want me to send it to you ?
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Hotaru37

I am quite interested in this.  Any magical school is great for me.  ^^ 

I will try to work on a character sheet to hand in.   ;D

Hi, Loves.  Hi, Hati.  lol Fancy seeing to you two here.  hehe
"All who wander are not lost."  Some just enjoy the adventure of seeking the unknown.  ^^                

Ons and Offs/A/A's/My Rabbit Hole

Loves

Quote from: Hotaru37 on February 03, 2012, 09:01:46 PM
I am quite interested in this.  Any magical school is great for me.  ^^ 

I will try to work on a character sheet to hand in.   ;D

*pounces and cuddles*  HI!!!!
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Hotaru37

*squeaks as pounced on*  Eep...  Nice to see you to Loves.  lol  *hugs*
"All who wander are not lost."  Some just enjoy the adventure of seeking the unknown.  ^^                

Loves

I have PMed my character sheet :D   I will post it where ever you want me to when you have approved her :D
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Moon Hound Hati

Quote from: Hotaru37 on February 03, 2012, 09:01:46 PM

So we meet again... *twirls evil mustachio* Yes, this will be fun indeed. Muhahaha~!

Hotaru37

Moon Hound Hati