Super Smash Brothers (Not tournament styled.) Interest Check

Started by Garuss Vakarian, January 31, 2015, 06:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garuss Vakarian

Hey there guys and gal's, just thought id set up interest for a Smash Bros rp. I was a part of one a while back, and though it was not long until I had to leave I still had fun. Well my interest is reinvigorated, due to buying my new Wii U, and playing the new and amazing Smash Brothers game. So, without further due, here is how I see the rp working.

1: No one is limited to Nintendo. Or characters previously in a smash game. You are allowed to provide any character you so wish, as long as they are not to over powering or crazy. I hope that makes sense. Just keep it generally fair, and make sure he or she is not to out there.

2: It wont be a tournament. No one will be "Booted off the island." It will have a plot behind it.

3: There wont be a massive amount of payers, though the current roster is large and gaming in general adds a lot of options. But we will keep it to a preferred 6 players maximum. I the GM would introduce many more characters, and if some one bow's out, others can take their place. But I don't want to many writers bogging things down to a snails pace.

4: Multiple characters are however allowed, as long as you play them equally. Only two characters to a player please.

5: Villains are allowed, though id prefer if any are played. That the villain sides with our heroes', for the greater good. Akin to bowser in Mario RPG. Bowser was a companion in that game. 

Tone: It would have some dark elements. But the rp would be nothing to dark, still with a bit of light heartedness. It would a epic fantasy adventure, exploring different game settings akin to Kingdom Hearts. (Traversing different "worlds" ) The main characters scrambling to defend worlds, and hoping to defeat the villains. Very few are aware of this multiverse they live in. Those select few being, Rosalina, The Announcer, Princess Zelda (Due to her Triforce of Wisdom.) and Ganondorf. (The orchestrator of this plot.)

Note: I was pondering on what role the announcer may have, and it hit me. What if he has much to do with Master hand? I get there are many theories out there, as to the nature of Master Hand. But for this rp the announcer could be some kind of keeper, chronicler of sorts. I see The Announcer being more of a voice of Master hands will So to speak. An eccentric loon, and puppet to the Master Hand.

Plot:  So far just a basic set up. So please bare with me here. T_T . The story starts with the strange disappearance of The Announcer. Then followed by a sudden attack of Hyrule. The attack was led by Ganondorf, other villains are as follows: Bowser. Dr Willy and Dr Eggman. (Both of which compete over whom has the superior mind.) Ridley. And King Dedede (The stooge of the group, only kept around by Ganon as his laughable pawn pretending at having importance.) Aside from the mass armies their combined might holds. It is their ability to manipulate the minds of others, that is truly terrifying. Turning friend, into potential foe. (Hence Pikachu vs Samus, Luigi vs Mario. Peach vs Zelda. Etc. They can be manipulated into bouts.) Bowser and Ganon lead jointly. For the time being, at least.

With their combined might, they conquered the land, and Ganon succeeded in completing the triforce, becoming quite the ultimate foe. (Zelda and Link are still optional characters.) With Hyrule now corrupted, it is easy to see that this alliance poses a great threat to all worlds. Rosalina makes contact with whomever she can, in hopes to prepare for a long battle. The fate of the universe is held in the balance, as both Heroes and villains clash. Or shall I say, SMASH!. :P

Character sheet

[center] [img][/img]
Name:

Height:
Weight:
Sex:

Orientation:
Personality:
On's:

Background:

Abilities:[/center]

Example

Name: Luigi Mario
Game: Mario Brothers

Height: 6 foot 1
Weight: 158 ibs
Sex: Male

Orientation: Heterosexual
Personality: Luigi is a kind soul. Much more timid, and polite when compared to his older brother. Some times, he can act cowardly, especially when his brother or princess is in danger. As well, he has a massive fear of ghosts and the supernatural. But it is his ability to push on past his fears and fight on that makes him a hero. Even if most do not acknowledge it. (As shown by Luigi's mansion, where he fights to save Mario, in spite of his fear of ghosts.)

On's: See my on's list within my search thread. Link is in the signature.

Background: Both brothers don't know where they really come from. To them it is a mystery, all they knew was that a great stork had brought them to their island home, with nothing of their past home other then their clothes and a strange book. They were raised by the Yoshi's, on Yoshi island. A strange life, of coarse. And an odd upbringing. But the Yoshi's, were smart critters. They couldn't talk, but they knew well enough to look after the two infants. One grew to be smart, courageous, and stout. The other tall, kind, and timid.

In their late teens, they managed to decifer the text that had been with them for all these years. Learning much about the systems of pipe's that riddled their island. Soon discovering, that they can use the pipes to warp anywhere in the land. To their surprise, there was much beyond their island home, a vast kingdom of many races. From Goombah's, to Toadstool's to even Koopas. But, there was one person whom caught their eye. A girl, just like them. Not a reptile, not a turtle, not a Yoshi. But human. She was the princess of the Toadstools, both loved and adored.

When the princess was captured by an evil and powerful Koopa named Bowser. The brothers took it upon themselves to save her. Not only was it the right thing to do, but it may have given them answers as to their true origin. After a long adventure (and many castles searched. :P "Sorry Mario, but the princess is in another castle." ) They managed to save Princess Toadstool. A women by the name of Peach. She was great full for them rescuing her, giving them a home in her castle. Naming them heroes of her Kingdom. But regretfully couldn't give them what they wanted, answers. She herself hadn't a clue of where she came from. In fact, their stories were erily similar. A massive stork flew by in the night, and dropped her in the castle garden. Where she was adopted by her father, King Toadstool. Though, they did not have answers, they were content in this world being their home. Both brothers defending it from many dangers, especialy the constant machinations of Bowser, king of the Koopas.

Abilities: Luigi has many traits at his disposal. In many ways, he can rival his older brother, though most tend not to notice. In other ways, Luigi is superior to Mario. Aside from the obvious height difference. He is the much more athletic brother. Further, Luigi mastered the pyrokenesis fire flowers bestow, his own power emanating green fire rather then normal fire. He has much more control over it, beyond using the fire as a projectile, he can use it to strengthen his blows, or even launch himself a bit further when jumping, tackling, or spinning. For the most part however, Luigi is a fighter of convenience, much like his brother they know hot to use anything at their disposal at any given time. Relying on quick wit, and fingers crossed for luck to make it through the day. He is also a plumber.... Though, it's usefulness goes away when anywhere outside the Mushroom Kingdom.

AngelicBlade

I must say I'm pretty interested in this, if this more interest I'll make a character.

Garuss Vakarian

Garuss Vakarian

Thought id make an example character. ^^

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Luigi Mario
Game: Mario Brothers

Height: 6 foot 1
Weight: 158 ibs
Sex: Male

Orientation: Heterosexual
Personality: Luigi is a kind soul. Much more timid, and polite when compared to his older brother. Some times, he can act some what cowardly, especially when his brother or princess is in danger. As well, he has a massive fear of ghosts and the supernatural. But it is his ability to push on past his fears and fight on that makes him a hero. Even if most do not acknowledge it. (As shown by Luigi's mansion, where he fights to save Mario, in spite of his fear of ghosts.)
On's: See my on's list within my search thread. Link is in the signature.

Background: Both brothers don't know where they really come from. To them it is a mystery, all they knew was that a great stork had brought them to their island home, with nothing of their past home other then their clothes and a strange book. They were raised by the Yoshi's, on Yoshi island. A strange life, of coarse. And an odd upbringing. But the Yoshi's, were smart critters. They couldn't talk, but they knew well enough to look after the two infants. One grew to be smart, courageous, and stout. The other tall, kind, and timid.

In their late teens, they managed to decifer the text that had been with them for all these years. Learning much about the systems of pipe's that riddled their island. Soon discovering, that they can use the pipes to warp anywhere in the land. To their surprise, there was much beyond their island home, a vast kingdom of many races. From Goombah's, to Toadstool's to even Koopas. But, there was one person whom caught their eye. A girl, just like them. Not a reptile, not a turtle, not a Yoshi. But human. She was the princess of the Toadstools, both loved and adored.

When the princess was captured by an evil and powerful Koopa named Bowser. The brothers took it upon themselves to save her. Not only was it the right thing to do, but it may have given them answers as to their true origin. After a long adventure (and many castles searched. :P "Sorry Mario, but the princess is in another castle." ) They managed to save Princess Toadstool. A women by the name of Peach. She was great full for them rescuing her, giving them a home in her castle. Naming them heroes of her Kingdom. But regretfully couldn't give them what they wanted, answers. She herself hadn't a clue of where she came from. In fact, their stories were erily similar. A massive stork flew by in the night, and dropped her in the castle garden. Where she was adopted by her father, King Toadstool. Though, they did not have answers, they were content in this world being their home. Both brothers defending it from many dangers, especialy the constant machinations of Bowser, king of the Koopas.

Abilities: Luigi has many traits at his disposal. In many ways, he can rival his older brother, though most tend not to notice. In other ways, Luigi is superior to Mario. Aside from the obvious height difference. He is the much more athletic brother. Further, Luigi mastered the pyrokenesis fire flowers bestow, his own power emanating green fire rather then normal fire. He has much more control over it, beyond using the fire as a projectile, he can use it to strengthen his blows, or even launch himself a bit further when jumping, tackling, or spinning. For the most part however, Luigi is a fighter of convenience, much like his brother they know hot to use anything at their disposal at any given time. Relying on quick wit, and fingers crossed for luck to make it through the day. He is also a plumber.... Though, it's usefulness goes away when anywhere outside the Mushroom Kingdom.

Batman4560