Dimensions of Leadership

Started by Twisted Crow, July 26, 2017, 12:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twisted Crow

I have decided to write this for myself (and perhaps others if they might need a reminder or second opinion as to what it means). I also understand that people might think of political happenings/figures and other 'leadership' issues our countries might face. One may be tempted to make a snarky comment about such happenings here in my blog.

Please Don't. Please do not shift or distract the intended focus of my work here. This is not a PROC thread. This is my work and largely spoken from my own mouth.

This is also gradually developing. You are welcome to make suggestions and comment, of course. This is meant to translate my take on what it means to lead in somewhat to all forms of leadership (World Leaders to even those such as that run and maintain forums on the internet;  Leadership is leadership).

This is also not formal rule, by the way. This is simply philosophy.

I. Dimension of Virtue

'When aspiring leadership, one must consider why they wish to lead in the first place. If one only desires authority, then they are unfit to lead even the lowest commoner. A true leader looks to his or her subjects, aspires to unite everything under their banner toward a common goal. A leader that places that which they lead before themselves possess a worthy heart to lead. Continuing to act in this role with anything less than this is unworthy of my respect or support.'

II. Dimension of Law

'When establishing the framework of law, those that lead must not only enforce law but embody its very spirit. They must be the example of law, not an exception to it. A leader that cannot abide by the law -- that they themselves put into place -- is unworthy to lead. The only possible redemption could be an equal punishment for violating law. Otherwise, this becomes tyranny and treachery to one's self. Tyrants are not -- nor shall they ever be -- true leaders. Tyranny is a crime often mistaken for leadership. A criminal with too much influence cannot truly lead that which they keep surpressed or silenced. I simply refuse to abide by tyranny.'

III. Dimension of Justice

'Law must be firm as the mountains. Punishment for violation of law must be consistent for any and all who violate it. If the one who leads violates law, punishment must be the same as if a lowly commoner commits the same crime. If the commoner's punishment is to be forty lashes, then the leader must endure forty lashes for commiting the same crime. If punishment is death, then the leader must accept their punishment and perish with dignity. A leader that refuses to hold themselves accountable loses honor and the integrity of their leadership fails. This is just; as just leaders must seperate themselves from tyranny.'

IV. Dimension of Authority

Leadership is not Authority; Authority is not Leadership. While it is true that a leader might possess authority, it does not make one a good leader. A leader is the example, not an exception. One who leads cannot ask or demand something from another that they could never expect from themselves. A good leader picks up a spade and works the land to teach fellow subjects. They strive to work in tandem.

Twisted Crow

Added 'Dimension of Authority'.  ^-^

Considering tweaking "Virtue" with "Truth"... or making them seperate.

-Dall