The Dragon Riders of Pern[Light, Open]

Started by undisclosedtoyou, August 29, 2009, 12:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on September 05, 2009, 07:18:16 PM
It would appear that, once again, my good friend Paladin has unwittingly involved himself with far too many potentially horny women for his own good.

Therefore, I volunteer myself to be the SECOND male PC in this game.

Please note the following: I once read the Dragonriders novels, but that was WAAAAY back in late elementary and early middle school for me, a dozen years ago.  So I remember very little, other than what's been posted here.

I would, of course, be playing a Dragonrider, probably a straight male Greenrider.

From the wording of the threads, I'm not entirely sure what exactly I need to supply in the profiles...if we can clear that up, I can get started straightaway!

*Looks out of hiding* Yay!!! I'm saved!! Thanks man. Still I suggest you hide.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on September 05, 2009, 07:18:16 PM
It would appear that, once again, my good friend Paladin has unwittingly involved himself with far too many potentially horny women for his own good.

Therefore, I volunteer myself to be the SECOND male PC in this game.

Please note the following: I once read the Dragonriders novels, but that was WAAAAY back in late elementary and early middle school for me, a dozen years ago.  So I remember very little, other than what's been posted here.

I would, of course, be playing a Dragonrider, probably a straight male Greenrider.

From the wording of the threads, I'm not entirely sure what exactly I need to supply in the profiles...if we can clear that up, I can get started straightaway!

Oh you must be Palay's new hero now! lol.  We of course welcome you with open arms.

As for lack of knowledge of Pern, that's completely fine, I'm posting a much as I can find about Pern in the info thread that was made specifically for this game, so hopefully that's a help to everyone.

A greenrider is always welcome here^^

And I will help you with drawing up a character as much as I can.  If you have a messanger, preferably AIM, I can help you through there, or through PM it doesn't matter to me.  In fact if everyone here has AIM it might help for discussion while we're posting.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 05, 2009, 07:32:48 PM
Oh you must be Palay's new hero now! lol.  We of course welcome you with open arms.

As for lack of knowledge of Pern, that's completely fine, I'm posting a much as I can find about Pern in the info thread that was made specifically for this game, so hopefully that's a help to everyone.

A greenrider is always welcome here^^

And I will help you with drawing up a character as much as I can.  If you have a messanger, preferably AIM, I can help you through there, or through PM it doesn't matter to me.  In fact if everyone here has AIM it might help for discussion while we're posting.

@Paladin:  What?  Are you KIDDING?!  And deprive myself of potential multiple hot-chick lovefests? You must be CRAZY!!!

@undisclosed:  I have AIM!  My username is the same there as here.  Hop on, and we can get started.

Paladin

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on September 05, 2009, 07:35:27 PM

@Paladin:  What?  Are you KIDDING?!  And deprive myself of potential multiple hot-chick lovefests? You must be CRAZY!!!

Shhhhhh!!! Don't tell the Women in White Coats. they'd want to do expirements on me. :D

undisclosedtoyou

We're still open to more players, we have a lot of spots open for anyone who is interested.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Paladin

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 07, 2009, 12:49:52 AM
We're still open to more players, we have a lot of spots open for anyone who is interested.

My dear, we may not get anymore intrests. I hate to say it but its the truth.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Paladin on September 07, 2009, 02:41:42 AM
My dear, we may not get anymore intrests. I hate to say it but its the truth.

It was a statement posted because this game will always be open to new players.   If I start it today, or tomorrow I didn't want anyone to think we where filled, because we aren't.

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Paladin

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 07, 2009, 12:14:31 PM
It was a statement posted because this game will always be open to new players.   If I start it today, or tomorrow I didn't want anyone to think we where filled, because we aren't.

Ah ok. :D its all cool.

undisclosedtoyou

Everyone who is in this game so far, make sure to bookmark both the OOC thread, and the info thread for this game.  We'll be starting this game very soon.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

playfullchick76

I have read a lot of the books in this series, and loved them. I loved the world that was created.One of my faves was the dolphins of pern, and thats what gave me the idea of a character, but not one that was in any of the books.

My character would be in a ship near Pern orbit, be struck by debris of some kind, or a micro meteor. My ship would be drawn towards Pern,and I would have to eject before my ship explodes, or I would pilot it in, and it would be damaged beyond repair upon landing on the western continent near the hold.

I dont know if my preferred character is ok, but its the one that I thought of while reading the Dolphins of Pern. I would of course be welcomed, and take my place in Pern society.

If not, then I apologise for disturbing you.

Paladin

Sounds ok to me, but then again I'm not the GM's of this. Do you have a 2nd character idea incase the first is not aprooved? I know we'd love ta have ya in the game.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: playfullchick76 on September 08, 2009, 09:05:30 AM
I have read a lot of the books in this series, and loved them. I loved the world that was created.One of my faves was the dolphins of pern, and thats what gave me the idea of a character, but not one that was in any of the books.

My character would be in a ship near Pern orbit, be struck by debris of some kind, or a micro meteor. My ship would be drawn towards Pern,and I would have to eject before my ship explodes, or I would pilot it in, and it would be damaged beyond repair upon landing on the western continent near the hold.

I dont know if my preferred character is ok, but its the one that I thought of while reading the Dolphins of Pern. I would of course be welcomed, and take my place in Pern society.

If not, then I apologise for disturbing you.

hmmm Your character idea is interesting, I will accept it, but there would be a few things about having a character like this that will have to be discussed.  I'll send you a PM about it. 

I am now allowing each player to have a second character.  But there is a small detail about this.  You may only have one DragonRider, your other character would need to be from the Western Hold, or a CraftHall I would set up near the weyr.

Doreado and I are exempt from this rule of course because our second characters are just for moving the game forward, and won't be played too often.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Paladin

I'll stick with 1 character for now. May play another one later.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Paladin on September 08, 2009, 02:47:02 PM
I'll stick with 1 character for now. May play another one later.

Sounds good to me.

I'm working on the opening IC thread now.  So all talk about this game will be moved to the OOC thread now.  This thread will be for new recruits from here on in^^
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

playfullchick76

I was enjoying it, but this game seems to have stalled. I hope it starts back up again soon.

Rhapsody

|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

shadowspale

I already have the healer and would love to bring my little gay green rider back. I am sorry but its just feels odd playing the only gay male. If there were more happening I would be willing to assume a third needed character but has it is, Inna is pretty much playing by herself and constant solo posts aren't much fun.

Dre

*Peeks in carefully*

Any chance this RP is open? Or did it truly die out?
||Rest in Peace, Moreth.||||Absences and Apologies: Updated 12/18/19 ||

Paladin

There is indeed still room left in theis RP. we are infact looking for more players so feel free to jump in.

playfullchick76

Paladin

shadowspale

I am just waiting for something to do. Right now, everything is pretty much happening between two characters. I am sorry but playing Inna against herself is as much fun as having teeth pulled.

Paladin

Quote from: shadowspale on November 03, 2009, 01:13:25 PM
I am just waiting for something to do. Right now, everything is pretty much happening between two characters. I am sorry but playing Inna against herself is as much fun as having teeth pulled.

well Ru'ena's awake now

Rhapsody

I tossed up a character in the appropriate thread.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Dre

Sorry everyone!

I just worked a 6 day week and was so exhausted that I didn't put up a character. I'll get started on it Asap and have it up very soon.
||Rest in Peace, Moreth.||||Absences and Apologies: Updated 12/18/19 ||