The Dragon Riders of Pern[Light, Open]

Started by undisclosedtoyou, August 29, 2009, 12:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

I came up with a tentative plot, it's just an outline, and there can be more added to it, or taken from it if you all like.

History and Plot

=======================================================================================

It has been two hundred years since the last fall was scheduled, and two hundred years
for the people of Pern to believe that the looming threat of thread was finally over. 
It hardly seemed fair to the Holds and Craft Halls for them to continuously pay tithes
to the weyrs, when there was no longer any need for them.  Unrest, and questions of
whether or not the people of pern should keep on supporting the few weyrs that were
stil standing flew through their minds.

But although these questions where being asked, there where no fights, no skirmishes;
just less and less tithes being given.  But more startling than that was the fact
that there was less clutches being laid. 

Worry was in the forefront of the Dragon Riders minds, and slow resentment flowed
through every one else's.  But still they coexisted, still they lived in a cycle of
give and take.  That was of course until finally when population pressure and the
improved technology made possible the recolonization of the Southern Continent. 

Some of the younger generation, some of the clever, some of the adventurous, and some of
the fearful left to the Southern Continent.  Which subsequently led to the rediscovery
of the original settlements along with the creation of brand new ones. 
This more than anything led to the deeper exploration of the Western Continent.

And this is where our current plot comes into play.  Our Terran Weyr is located on the
oft forgotten Western Continent.  Now settling on a new Continent, there is still worry over the small amount of clutches being hatched, and the need for food; because although they where on a new land, they still needed to learn more about the land, to be able to harvest what they needed.  And on top of all that there was an old threat on the horizon, it seemed like the short respite from thread was just that, a short respite.  Now with the threat of thread falling at any moment, the weyr's once again have become active.

"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Paladin

Sounds good. I have started classes this week but I will strive to get my character done ASAP.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Paladin on August 31, 2009, 10:05:21 PM
Sounds good. I have started classes this week but I will strive to get my character done ASAP.

Great!  I can't wait to read it.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Pretty in Pink

Very nice, Undisclosed.  I like it a lot.
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP

undisclosedtoyou

This game is still open, so if there's anyone interested we'd love to have ya!

EDIT:
We haven't had any complete character profiles turned in, well aside from my own, so the game is wide open to anyone who would like to join^^.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Chelemar

I am very interested in joining this role play.   

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Chelemar on September 03, 2009, 01:28:14 PM
I am very interested in joining this role play.

Oh we would love to have you.  Do you have an idea of what sort of character you would like to play?
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Chelemar

Well, I am pretty open to the character position, but would love her to ride a dragon as well as occupy a position.  *sigh* But, then don't we all want everything!  Journeywoman harper or healer would be great, one who has impressed would be even better! 

Someone from a farmcraft hold who has been chosen to help establish the new weyr because of her farming background would work, as well as someone from a seacraft hold background who has been chosen because of her fishing history. 

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Chelemar on September 03, 2009, 04:23:23 PM
Well, I am pretty open to the character position, but would love her to ride a dragon as well as occupy a position.  *sigh* But, then don't we all want everything!  Journeywoman harper or healer would be great, one who has impressed would be even better! 

Someone from a farmcraft hold who has been chosen to help establish the new weyr because of her farming background would work, as well as someone from a seacraft hold background who has been chosen because of her fishing history.

Well I would say yes, that your character would be able to have an occupation other than Dragon Rider, while still having impressed a dragon.  But since Dragon Riders live in the weyr, and craftsmen live in a hall, it wouldn't work out all that well.  I'm sorry that you wont be able to have both, but I'm sure you will still be able to have fun in this game.  And oh you can always have your character impress a Dragonette, it's close to having impressed a dragon.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Paladin

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 03, 2009, 04:33:42 PM
Well I would say yes, that your character would be able to have an occupation other than Dragon Rider, while still having impressed a dragon.  But since Dragon Riders live in the weyr, and craftsmen live in a hall, it wouldn't work out all that well.  I'm sorry that you wont be able to have both, but I'm sure you will still be able to have fun in this game.  And oh you can always have your character impress a Dragonette, it's close to having impressed a dragon.

Actually Undiclosed, I have some of the later PERN books and Dragon Riders did actually train with the Halls but they stayed in the Weyrs.

undisclosedtoyou

Thank's for the info.  Well if it was in the books, than I'll allow it, but as I suggested in a PM, there's also the option of her character being a

QuoteWeyrsinger: the harper for the Weyr, usually a dragonrider with harper training.Weyrsinger: the harper for the Weyr, usually a dragonrider with harper training.

Which would be cool to:)

Also I want to know how many people are still interested in this game, so if your still interested please reply.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Paladin

As you know I still am. I will be working on My character tomorrow along with a bit of Math Homework.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Paladin on September 03, 2009, 08:27:06 PM
As you know I still am. I will be working on My character tomorrow along with a bit of Math Homework.

Yups, I know, I'm looking forward to reading the profile you come up with:) And ehh math, sorry.  Math was always my worst subject...well most of the time any way lol.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Paladin

Its not that I'm bad at it. I'm rather good. its that the whole class till I get to the TRig part will be boring review. I've forgotten more than the rest of the class will ever begin to learn.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Paladin on September 03, 2009, 08:42:26 PM
Its not that I'm bad at it. I'm rather good. its that the whole class till I get to the TRig part will be boring review. I've forgotten more than the rest of the class will ever begin to learn.

Lol well, good luck on not dying of boredom until they get to the interesting bits.^^
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Awesome we now have four complete Profiles up!  We just need one or two more people and we will be set to go.  So if anyone's interested we would be happy to have you^^.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

sinera

My bff is joining the board this weekend - hopefully she'll get approved quickly, 'cause I know she'll LOVE playing this one!!  She's the one who turned me on to Pern 20 yrs ago  ::)
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

undisclosedtoyou

That's great!  I'd like nothing more than if people who love the books join.  Here's to a speedy approval!

Oh and tell me what you think about the info I put up for the western Continent in the Geography section of the info thread.  Do you think I should add more to it?
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

We now have Five characters!

And this made me notice that we are in need of more men in this game. We have four woman and one man(not including Doreado).

So if there are any men who want to join in this game we would love to have you.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Paladin

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Paladin on September 05, 2009, 06:23:22 PM
Wait I'm the only guy? Eeppp!!!

Yuppers!  So if we don't find any other men, it looks like you will be surrounded by woman...hehehehe.

*Schemes evil things*
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Treena

lol you should be happy to be around so many pretty woman

A/A     Ons/Offs     Cravings
Back and open to some rps.
Treena'sWiki

Paladin

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 05, 2009, 06:26:15 PM
Yuppers!  So if we don't find any other men, it looks like you will be surrounded by woman...hehehehe.

*Schemes evil things*

*Runs and Hides* They won't find me.

undisclosedtoyou

*Thinks Paladin is very smart* 

I would hide to! lol.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

ReijiTabibito

It would appear that, once again, my good friend Paladin has unwittingly involved himself with far too many potentially horny women for his own good.

Therefore, I volunteer myself to be the SECOND male PC in this game.

Please note the following: I once read the Dragonriders novels, but that was WAAAAY back in late elementary and early middle school for me, a dozen years ago.  So I remember very little, other than what's been posted here.

I would, of course, be playing a Dragonrider, probably a straight male Greenrider.

From the wording of the threads, I'm not entirely sure what exactly I need to supply in the profiles...if we can clear that up, I can get started straightaway!