The Dragon Riders of Pern[Light, Open]

Started by undisclosedtoyou, August 29, 2009, 12:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

A Group RP based off of
The Dragon Riders of Pern Series

It has been two hundred years since the last fall was scheduled, and two hundred years
for the people of Pern to believe that the looming threat of thread was finally over.
It hardly seemed fair to the Holds and Craft Halls for them to continuously pay tithes
to the weyrs, when there was no longer any need for them.  Unrest, and questions of
whether or not the people of pern should keep on supporting the few weyrs that were
still standing flew through their minds.

But although these questions where being asked, there where no fights, no skirmishes;
just less and less tithes being given.  But more startling than that was the fact
that there was less clutches being laid.

Worry was in the forefront of the Dragon Riders minds, and slow resentment flowed
through every one else's.  But still they coexisted, still they lived in a cycle of
give and take.  That was of course until finally when population pressure and the
improved technology made possible the recolonization of the Southern Continent.

Some of the younger generation, some of the clever, some of the adventurous, and some of
the fearful left to the Southern Continent.  Which subsequently led to the rediscovery
of the original settlements along with the creation of brand new ones.
This more than anything led to the deeper exploration of the Western Continent.

And this is where our current plot comes into play.  Our Terran Weyr is located on the
oft forgotten Western Continent.  Now settling on a new Continent, there is still worry over the small amount of clutches being hatched, and the need for food; because they still needed to adapt to their new environment, to plant and harvest what they needed.  And on top of all that there was an old threat on the horizon, it seemed like the short respite from thread was just that, a short respite.  Now with the threat of thread falling at any moment, the weyr's once again have become active. 

While this game does require some knowledge of the novels, there is a separate(info) thread that gives you everything you need to know about the world of Pern that is pertinent to this game. Hopefully this helps for those who want to take part in this RP, but are not as familiar with the books to feel comfortable playing in it.

We now have three GM's for this game.  Woot!

And here's a scale of the dragons height, just for pleasures sake.

Terran Weyr

Established - Eighth

Holds under protection - Western

Weyrleader - Taken by Doreado

Weyrwoman -  K'lar - Undisclosedtoyou

Headwoman - Open

WeyrHarper - Sari - Chelemar

Weyrlingmaster - Open

Weyr Cook - Open

WingLeader of the Gold Wing - K'lar - Undisclosedtoyou

Wingsecond of the Gold Wing - Rue'na - Treena

Wingthird of the Gold Wing - Open

Wingrider of the Gold Wing - Open

WingLeader of the Tacit Wing - A'drew - Paladin

Wingsecond of the Tacit Wing - R’cas - ReijiTabibito

Wingthird of the Tacit Wing - Open

Wingrider of the Tacit Wing - Open

WingLeader of the Ablation Wing - k'ed - Sinera

Wingsecond of the Ablation Wing - Open

Wingthird of the Ablation Wing - Open

Wingrider of the Ablation Wing - B'th - Undisclosedtoyou

Lord of Western Hold - Open

Lady of Western Hold - Open

Hold people - Open

Master Crafters - Open

Craft Journeymen - Open

Color - Silver.

Click Here to see the Character thread.

Click Here to see the OOC thread.

Click Here to see the Info thread.

Click Here to see the IC Terran Weyr thread.

"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Pretty in Pink

YO!  *grins*  Yep yep.  I'm helping with this one.  I'm not going to be the only one running this, but I will be helping where I can.

All right.  First is a bit of information on the Dragonettes.  Dragonettes are smaller dragons, not ridable, but they have their own set of skills that make them useful.  I don't want everyone that chooses to play a 'Printed choosing a full size dragon.  If I do, then I will discuss options with undisclosed, and we'll go from there.

QuoteSong Dragons - Song Dragons have a bit of an odd ability, in that their song -- which consists mainly of chirps, whistles, and hums -- has the ability to lift the spirits of everyone that hears it.  In addition, like all Mini Dragons, the Song Dragon has the ability to mimic one ability of the fire lizards.  But the Song Dragon has another oddity.  They don't breathe fire, but rather acid, in a corrosive stream that sticks to whatever it hits.

Song Dragons are typically green in color, fading to a pale green at the tips of the wings and tails.

Healing Dragons - Healing Dragons are exactly what it says: mini dragons with the ability to heal simply by touching their snout to the injured person.  In addition to the fire breath, the Healing Dragon also has a breath of gas that can put all who breathe it into a deep restful sleep, to awaken rested and completely healed.

Healing Dragons are typically gold, fading to a pale yellow at the tips of the wings and tails.  Some rarer few -- rumored to even be able to raise the dead -- are blue, with the blue a sapphire along the back and sides, and fading to a pale sky blue at the tips.

Craft Dragons - Craft Dragons have an ability similar to that of the Healing Dragon: they can touch their snout to a broken item, and the itemis like new in an instant.  They only have the ability to exhale fire, but their fire is more potent, representing a direct link to the Fire itself.

Craft Dragons are typically brown or bronze, fading to a dull grey at the tips of the wings and tails.

Next, I'm going to give a list of the various crafts and such that are available as character options.  Mind, this information came from a combined source, but it IS reliable.

QuoteHarpers

Smiths

Miners

Fishers

Weavers

Farmers

Tanners

Herdsmen

Healers
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP

Paladin

Ok I'm a BIG Anne Macaffrey Fan and Drgonriders or my favorit books. Second favorite is the ROWAN series.  I am interested allright.

Craz

I haven't read the series in years, but you can definitely count me in.

undisclosedtoyou

Oh great!  Welcome Paladin, I think your style would be perfect for this game.

And welcome Craz, We're glad to have you:)
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Pretty in Pink

Aye, welcome indeed, the both of you, to the great and glorious world of Pern, where you can mingle with Dragons, Riders, and a whole sundry of people.  Please look for the profile form to be forthcoming in the next day or so.
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP

Faeylin

Alluistras and I would be interested, if you have room for us. We both have a grounding in the series (ie we've read some of the books), but we might need to be corrected here or there on lore issues. If you could post some more details on what you have in mind, we're interested!
"Come into my parlor," said the spider, ever sly.
"I have these sexy, long legs, and I'd love to suck you dry!"

Ons & Offs - My Idea Thread [F/F]

undisclosedtoyou

Aye you should all look out for the character thread, it should be up soon, working on it now:)

And oh of course if you want to be in the game than we are happy to have you.

Some sites for those who need to brush up on their Pern knowledge are:

Jillian's World of Pern Site - I like this one a lot, although it's not completely up to date.

The Pern Museum and Archives - There's not as much info on here as I would like, but it's a good source of terms I've found.

Sabria's Guide to Pern

the wiki page

As of now, we know that we want the game to start off around/when people start moving back to the Southern Continent.  But as far as a plot, we will be working on that over the next couple of days.

For those who aren't masters in Pern knowledge, don't worry, neither are Doreado and I.  So we'll be working on facts, and everything else together.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

CaptainErotica

I'm interested, but no about my character yet. Still need to do some research.

undisclosedtoyou

Do all the research you need.

Believe me when I say I'm doing the same thing.

I'm still working on the character sheet so once that is done and up, hopefully everyone will have a better idea of what's needed.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

We now have a character thread up everyone^^

You can find it on the bottom of the opening post here.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Treena

i read some way back in the day so i would like to play as well.

A/A     Ons/Offs     Cravings
Back and open to some rps.
Treena'sWiki

undisclosedtoyou

Awesome, We have the character thread up for you to take a look at, and We'll have an OOC thread up where we can talk plot.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Paladin

Sweet. I call dibs on a Bronze Rider.

undisclosedtoyou

Lol no worries, there are a plenty of Bronze's to go around.

We now have an OOC thread for your viewing pleasure.

*Oh and Paladin, you should send your character sheet to either me or Doreado so we can post it.*
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Paladin

Oh cause I'm doing just fine with the code provided. I'd really like to post it myself as I take my time on such things.

undisclosedtoyou

Oh feel free to take your time on it.  But we will need to post the finished sheet ourselves, sorry if it seems inconvenient.

But you can have it up there and work on it all you like, when your done, send it to us through PM, and erase the post.  If at a later date you need to edit the sheet than just tell us and we'll make all the changes you want.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Paladin

*Sigh* Yes it's inconviennt.... but I'll live. May I know why you two wish to post the sheets? Just curiouse.

undisclosedtoyou

QuotePosition:(Position in your hold, CraftHall or Weyr, See available positions, not everyone will have one.  We will decide who gets a position, so on application leave blank.)

It's because on the section titled "position"  Doreado and I will choose who get's what position.  As of right now, the only position open is "Hall Master."  There will be a discussion in the OOC thread about other positions that will be allowed in the game.

When someone get's a position title we will fill in that section, so we will need to post the bio's to edit them later on.  I hope that clarified things^^

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Paladin

ahh ok then I need to Delete the position of Wingleader. You for got thoes under your list of positions.

undisclosedtoyou

Yeah we're still working on what positions we will have in the game, but that is one that we will have to add.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Paladin

From what I remember, Its Weyrwoman, Weyrleader, Wingleader and Wingsecond. Hope that helps.

undisclosedtoyou

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

sinera

*squees, jumps up & down, waves arm*

Me, Meeee, Pick Me !!

ROFL

Seriously, though, I'd like to play. Will be checking out the threads as soon as I have time (grumbles about being away for 2 days and all hell breaks loose...)
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: sinera on August 30, 2009, 05:56:45 PM
*squees, jumps up & down, waves arm*

Me, Meeee, Pick Me !!

ROFL

Seriously, though, I'd like to play. Will be checking out the threads as soon as I have time (grumbles about being away for 2 days and all hell breaks loose...)

Lol, We'll be happy to have you on the team. 

(Hey if hell didn't break loose, than it would be....well less fun.  Like Kevin Bacon in foot loose.  What if he never let loose?)

(Ignore that last in parenthesis cause well it's a little silly)

*Edit: If anyone would like to discuss plot, we will be doing so in the OOC thread.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's