Ticks

Started by Naiah, March 22, 2018, 01:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naiah

No, not the bity kind! :P

Is there a way to have a tick in the tables we can make here on this forum? Doesn't necessarily have to be in green, but something not too big, so at the end of the sentance we can have a tick?

If there is, please add how to add it to the table as well, ty!

Avis habilis

Do you mean you want to use a check mark as punctuation? You can get an ASCII version by holding down the Alt key & entering the number 251, which produces this: √

Naiah

I have my keyboard set to danish, and the alt thing doesnt seem to be working for me ¹ just got that :P

But yes that is the tick I am looking for and how to use it in a table. Have this, can that be used in a table and how? (added spaces for it to show) & # 10004;

RampantDesires

^ This. You can use the glow function to make marks stand out a little more vrs just coloring it but ya can do it however you'd like :D

[glow=green,2,300]✔[/glow]

Don't you love tables?  yes    no
             maybe

I am all kinds of lazy when it comes to memorizing code so I tend to just copy paste out of this page I've got on my bookmark bar.

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Naiah

Woot! Thanks!

RampantDesires

If you use the tampermonkey script you could also easily set up the check mark (and other commonly used symbols) as a snippet.  I'm a little ashamed that I hadn't thought of this before.

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Naiah

Yeah that was all greek to me lol :P The code worked for me though and looks like I was hoping it would, so thanks! <3

Oreo

I am even lazier and keep mine on a sticky note on my desktop. *steals the check mark*

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin