Star Wars: Fallen Order

Started by Norsegod1839, July 17, 2018, 11:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norsegod1839

Star Wars: Fallen Order

Opening Scrawl

The Jedi Order is dead!

The Supreme Chancellor PALPATINE and secret Sith LORD DARTH SIDIOUS has brought forth his ultimate plan. With the Jedi’s Chosen one by his side and the republic turned against their protectors the Sith Lords plan has devastated the once galaxy spanning order. The clones they once led into battle have turned on their generals. They attack the Jedi on the battlefield, on the planetary systems that make the once Republic turned Empire, and wherever else they might hide.

The largest concentration of troops attacked the Jedi Temple two months ago. They were led by ANAKIN SKYWALKER who betrayed his order and became DARTH VADER. The sacking of the Jedi Temple has made the Jedi practically extinct with once great masters like YODA and OBI WAN KENOBI in hiding and biding their time.

Unbeknownst to the empire a small group of Jedi Padawans and Knights managed to escape the sacking of the temple and the planet Coruscant. They stole away on a small freighter called the Elipso and have been running ever since. They represent the very last of the Jedi order and through their choices the destiny of the universe is at stake.

What This Game Is

This is a freeform, sandbox game involving a group of Jedi Padawans and Knights on the run from the empire.

Two months after the events of Revenge Of The Sith the Jedi find themselves on a freighter ship named Elipso. This group will then have to decide what their next step forward is. The game can involve them going into hiding, deciding to fight the Empire and the Sith, or trying to reform the Jedi. Given the group nature of the game splitting up can be talked about but would have to be discussed by the GM.

As we go through the game the actions and choices from the group will draw the attention of the Empire in some way. The inquisitors from some of the expanded universe stuff will be involved and even the fear of Darth Vader himself.

You Might Like This Game If

You're a big fan of Star Wars specifically the original trilogy and around that time frame.

General Rules

1.   No god moding
2.   Clear Communications
3.   Respect to all involved
4.   Characters Eighteen and over

FAQ

Do I have to play a Jedi?

Within reason this game is going to be about a group of Jedi trying to figure out what there place in the Empire is. That being said not every one HAS to be a Jedi necessarily

Do I have to play someone invested in the Light Side Of The Force?

Again not necessarily. While you might be a Jedi Padawan or Jedi Knight your feelings about the force are entirely your own. Maybe you’re a Jedi whose flirted with darkness, maybe you’re a Jedi who wants to be dark. Either way its entirely up to you.

Story-Smut Ratio

Jedi don’t usually have attachment… that being said this isn’t the old days. So yes Smut is encouraged and will probably happen as these group of people find there way.

So that's the jist of it! If interested please comment down below!

Here is our character sheet

[float=left][img width=400]http://IMAGE ADDRESS GOES HERE[/img][/float] 
[b]Real Name:[/b]
[b]Alias:[/b] (Any sort of code name you had while serving with the republic army)
[b]Age:[/b] (18 and over)
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Nickname:[/b]
[b]Signature Skill:[/b]
[b]Lightsabers[/b]
[b]Weapons/Gear:[/b]
[b]Costume:[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b] (A short bio of your character)

Gm Commitment Promise

As your Gm I would like to swear by the following statement and promise to you.

As you're Gm I promise to keep the game moving, to make sure you guys get a reply at LEAST two times a week, and to facilitate a fun enjoyable game.

Thread Directory

apygoos

Its bee na loong time since ive poked my head in here, but a sandbox star wars game like this certainly has my attention~

Ghostly

I had an old SW saga edition character that would work really well with this. Idk, tentative interest.

Norsegod1839

Glad to see some interest! I'd love to have you both!

Ghostly

Is expanded universe stuff ok? I really love the Nagai race (a friend of mine called them space drow, lol).

I'd be looking for a M/M pairing, but i guess it depends on chemistry.

Norsegod1839

I'm not against it! I see the start of it being the group deciding what they want to do in this empire smith universe and then going from there.

You can be any force sensitive race you like as well!

Ghostly

Cool! I'll definitively make up a character sheet then, let me know how you want that laid out.

His name is Jin (short form, his full name contains a few syllables non-Nagai can't pronounce). He's sly, sarcastic, and despite being in the jedi order sonce he was 8, hasn't quite shaken his "what good is honor if you're dead" mentality. He'd be a pawadin at age 18.

One thing about the Nagai I remember is that they have extremely developed vocal chords/abilities, and with a little practice are near-perfect mimics. I could see that coming into play if, say he's in the Jedi temple and realizes that the battle is lost. The more honor-bound jedi would be rushing in (to their deaths, he believes), while there is still a chance to get out. So Jin grabs a communicator, mimics the voice of a high ranking jedi, and orders everyone who can hear him to retreat. (Just something I came up with on the fly)

Norsegod1839

Sounds great! I look forward to seeing teh character sheet!

Flying Tengu

Star Wars is one of my favorite things, and I particularly love Jedi.  This could be something I'd be quite interested in!

Norsegod1839

Great to havey ou on board Tengu!

Captain Whitebread

I have several ideas. Will post a few when I get a chance and see what seems most popular.
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

Norsegod1839

RobHumph

Certainly interested in this one. Not a period of Star Wars that gets much attention other than from Vaders viewpoint.

Norsegod1839

He might even show up a time or to! Based on what the group of Jedi decides.

RobHumph

aka if they cause too much trouble for Sheev and company  :-)

I have a few backup plans for Jedi from my old SWTOR RP days... though most of them are adapted Sith but should work fine.

Captain Whitebread

Question for the GM- what happens to the Force sensitive children who escape the notice of the Jedi?

Norsegod1839

Totally depends on what the group decides (IE the in game group)

There was a great Darth Vader comic involving him hunting Jacosta the Jedi historian. In it she grabs the list of all the force sensitive Jedi so the empire can't get it.

She gets defeated and Vader gets it. Instead of giving it to Palpatine he crushes it to keep the children safe.

SOOOOOO

We could either have that be canon and the list of children be lost OR we could have Jacosta have given it to the GM character before presenting it to the group

You could also play a force sensitive kid who never got picked to go to the temple just be aware that you might not start right away with all of us. The freighter could easily go to your planet as soon as possible though.

Ghostly

How should the character sheets be laid out?

RobHumph

I know the likely answer is a "no" but would it be possible to maybe have a bounty hunter char who goes after the Jedi?

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Ghostly on July 18, 2018, 11:31:16 AM
How should the character sheets be laid out?

I'm about to head to work! So I don't have time to get it up. I will however when I get back at two central time.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: RobHumph on July 18, 2018, 11:31:42 AM
I know the likely answer is a "no" but would it be possible to maybe have a bounty hunter char who goes after the Jedi?

Rob if you want to you can! Might I request you make one Jedi Knight or Padawan and then the bounty hunter?

We have the bounty hunter be a recurring force they go up against! The Jedi could be so you can get to interact past just the hunting them down and appearing as their foe.

RobHumph

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on July 18, 2018, 11:33:35 AM
Rob if you want to you can! Might I request you make one Jedi Knight or Padawan and then the bounty hunter?

We have the bounty hunter be a recurring force they go up against! The Jedi could be so you can get to interact past just the hunting them down and appearing as their foe.

That definitely works for me. I already have a Mandalorian character concept prepped for Star Warsy things.

Captain Whitebread

I was thinking more along the lines of an adult character who is Force sensitive but due to circumstances Didnt receive any training.

Also is it possible to play a trained character who is not a Jedi?  There are a number of other traditions besides the Jedi or the Sith.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: RobHumph on July 18, 2018, 11:34:59 AM
That definitely works for me. I already have a Mandalorian character concept prepped for Star Warsy things.

Great! that works for me!

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on July 18, 2018, 11:58:29 AM
I was thinking more along the lines of an adult character who is Force sensitive but due to circumstances Didnt receive any training.

Also is it possible to play a trained character who is not a Jedi?  There are a number of other traditions besides the Jedi or the Sith.

Yeah!

Again the opening of it is going to be on a freighter with the group of Jedi who survived the purge. That being said once they decide on the best course of action and start visiting worlds we can have them run into any character not at the temple at the time of the purge.

At most it means you might have to wait a few posts in to jump in.