Are you ready for some football!?!?

Started by Caity, August 08, 2008, 08:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caity

Oh man.. I didn't even think of that.  :P  That would have SUCKED.  Two of my teams in a couple of days that lost by one point.  I wonder why they didn't?  Playing conservatively, maybe?  *shrugs*

Jay

Yea they decided to go with the near sure thing of overtime.  If they had won the coin toss they probably would have taken the game. 

King_Furby

Well hopefully the bears will beat green bay today, my bears need this one. kyle orton is in, thank god he was able to play. I really dont want their mess of a backup on the field. After the pats loss i am hopeing at least one of the teams i like will win.

And i really dont understand why some of you think pressure on the QB makes brady garbage. He is better at dealing with pressure then most. the problem is their offensive line, they cant deal with the pressure. thats what i seen in the super bowl, it wasn't really brady doing badly. his offensive line epic failed him.

the late game looks like a good one.

omg the bears need to stop fricking running up the middle.

Caity

Big win for Green Bay over Chicago.  :D

It's nice when both your teams are tops in their divisions.  *lol*

Will

11-0!  Wooooooooooohoooooooo!!!    The Titan Train rolls on!!!

Next up:  J-E-T-S! JETS! JETS! JETS!
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Oniya

As much as I'd like to see the streak broken... ;)  I'll be rooting for the Titans this time.

This time.  ;)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Will

;D  Glad to have you on board, Oniya!  Even if it is only temporary. :P  Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go pray for Bad Favre to show up.

- Jack Kerouac

Caity

King_Furby

grrr someone beat the titans already. they better not beat my pats record. but it would be funny if titans went for the perfect regular season then lost in the super bowl. that would be priceless and confirm my idea that a perfect regular season is just a curse in the end.

Oniya

The question is, though, would you rather see the Jets beat the Titans, especially after the game last week?  I'm willing to wait another week so that anybody else but the Jets beats them.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Caity

I would be ecstatic if it was the Jets who beat them... They've had a great past few games.  :)

MagicalPen

As long as the Jets start showing some consistency, i'll be happy. Not entirely certain, but their Defense is pretty good this year. Not sure if they are still 3rd overall in sacks.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Tawni Black

I have never been a big fan of Football, but this year both my boyfriend and roommate have been watching and explaining it to me. Living in Tennessee, they are both Titans fans and have been getting me excited to have a good football team (previously from Washington, and the Seahawks aren't doing so well).

I hope the Titans can go all the way through to the Superbowl!

For this last game it really seemed like they came out cocky, and started loosing momentum, but they have a good coach to set them straight.

Caity

Boooo!  Not another Titan's fan.  :P

(just kidding.  :) )

Will

Nothing like winning to bring 'em out of the woodwork! ;D

*sighs*  I really hope they don't go undefeated.  Go ahead and lose to the Jets, and then we can get on with this Super Bowl run, okay guys?

- Jack Kerouac

Oniya

Nooo!  Don't let the Jets win!

Lose to the next guys. 'Kay? ;)

Caity

Quote from: Will1984 on November 17, 2008, 09:57:59 AM
Nothing like winning to bring 'em out of the woodwork! ;D

*sighs*  I really hope they don't go undefeated.  Go ahead and lose to the Jets, and then we can get on with this Super Bowl run, okay guys?

I like the way you think.  ;)

Will

Aw, screw it.  Let's go undefeated, baby!  Whoooo!!!  All the way!  18-0!

- Jack Kerouac

Caity

Tawni Black

It is much more exciting to watch a winning team than a loosing team. I'm not much of a sports person in general, and I would be watching these games when the boys do regardless.

I like to think, however, I enjoy it more now that I understand more of it, not just because the team for the state I live in is winning. I could just be deluding myself.

Oniya

Aw, you don't have to root for the home team.  Back in the days before the Pats redeemed themselves, my husband (in Boston and then D.C. at the time) would root for the Cowboys, just so he'd have a chance at seeing 'his' team in the playoffs.  My mother's a Redskins fan, so they've got a reasonably good-natured ribbing going back and forth there.

Now that we live in Ohio (an argument in itself for rooting for the 'away' team), we still follow both teams, along with the Saints, just because a friend of ours said he'd 'only watch the Super Bowl when the Saints played.'

We're going to hold him to that one of these days.

King_Furby

My home team is the bears but i love the pats too. Hell i don't care if their coach is a prick and loves candy corn, i like their team. he really does love candy corn, he is so cold hearted maybe thats what it takes to love candy corn. seriosuly that stuff is nasty, its like all sugar, but its nasty. I hate the new york brets but i hope they beat the titans. i could be a jets fan for a day if they beat the titans.

Will

Well then, in that case, I hope the Bears break the Lions' winless streak.  Just for you, KF. ;)

GO TITANS!

- Jack Kerouac

Caity

So sorry the Packers steamrolled the Bears.   ::)

WyldRanger

So who wants to bet the Lions will win their first game against the undefeated Titans on Thanksgiving Day? *laughs*