News:

Main Menu

Zombie Squad

Started by Spookie Monster, March 21, 2008, 05:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spookie Monster

There's been some talk elsewhere on Elliquiy about potential preparations for a zombie invasion and this talk made me curious: Is anybody here a member of Zombie Squad?  Elvi, you've mentioned on these boards that strangely made is... is that still the case, strangely made?  I'm not a member myself, but if I had a bit more cash and time I'd absolutely join.

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Elvi

Yes Strangely is a full member Spel, though not as 'Strangely made', he has another sign in there.

And it's not just the contribution of actual money that will make you a full member.
Strangely was invited to be a 'full member', (infact he has just recieved his new and improved membership card, earlier this week), by the contributions he has/does make to the discussions that they have.

For anyone who is interested, the Zombie Squad is a tongue in cheek name for those interested in survival. They are from all walks of life and are now (I believe), a registered charity.
Through them we have donated to send aid to several dissaster areas and we support them in their work.

I am sure, that if anyone is interested, Strangely would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about it.... 
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

strangely made

Zombie Squad isn't really about being a 'paid up' member, it more about helping people. Whether that be by education as to what to do in an emergency, donating time to disaster charities or even giving blood.

Contributing to the forum, passing on ideas and info is a major part of what ZS is about, basically it's a community of like minded people who help each other and help others in what ever way we can.  If your serious about preparations for any emergency (Not just Zombies) then it's well worth reading the forums. We hold regular blood drives, canned food drives and other stuff through out the year.

As Elvi said if any one wants to know anything then feel free to drop me a PM and I'll answer as best I can or if not pass them on to other who can help.

Spookie Monster

Although I don't have any specific questions, I for one would be interested in hearing more.  Could you offer some stories about moments that amused or fulfilled you during your time as a member?

And please don't get me wrong: When I say that I'd join "if I had a bit more cash," I'm not suggesting that the membership fee alone will earn a respected place in the community.  I understand that no worthwhile community works on that basis.  The fact of the matter is, however, that if I joined, for example, I'd have practically no money or resources (e.g., canned food) to donate to causes, and I don't think that that would be fair; indeed, it would border on hypocrisy.  In addition, I live in the hinterlands and I'd need to spend a fair amount just to travel anywhere significant.  Hopefully I would be permitted to give blood, but I'd feel shabby if my claim to fame within the community was that I was permitted to give blood.

Oh, and goodness, I rarely if ever have anything of value to contribute to discussions.  Look at my posts here! ;D

And in my case the time issue would remain anyway.  My feeling is that if one can't really commit energy and time to a venture, one shouldn't get involved in that venture in the first place, you know?

At any rate, Zombie Squad does seem like a great group, and I'm pleased to learn that you're still a part of it.  If you're interested in discussing it more, I'll certainly read!  And perhaps you could find somebody on these boards who would make a good member... :)

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

strangely made

You all know about the disasters in China and Burma. Well Zombie Squad have started a fund-raising drive. All monies collected go to Save The Children, one of the few charities that are actually in Burma and are getting aid to those who need it. As of 1:45 cst we have raised $2905 but we're hoping to raise at least $5000 dollars.

So please any one who actually reads this post clink on this  LINK and follow the MYANMAR & CHINA DUAL DISASTER RELIEF FUNDRAISER banner.

And remember every penny goes to the charity, nothing is kept by Zombie Squad at all.