The Twelfth Doctor: Peter Capaldi (I missed out on the "Speculation")

Started by Cyrano Johnson, August 05, 2013, 10:16:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

Grab whatever you can find.  A lot of the old black-and-white episodes have been lost, unfortunately, but the rotating cast of enemies, companions, and Doctors makes it oddly easy to pick up mid-stream.  It is true, though:  You never forget your first Doctor.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Kytn

I believe most of the missing episodes come from the First and Second Doctors.  :-)
Updates coming soon!

Oniya

*nods*  There wasn't a big push for preserving film in those days.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on August 14, 2013, 03:22:14 PM
*nods*  There wasn't a big push for preserving film in those days.

Yeah rumor is that there was a recent find of a LOT of old BBC stock..not just the Doctor eps but some of old shows that went the way of the dodo.

I like last years twist with the 'girl who shouldn't be' tying into doctors over time.

fireisntaghost

Not gonna lie, I have never ever ever been this excited about a casting ever. I'm a massive Capaldi fan and he's going to be just incredible as the The Doctor.

Callie Del Noire

I like what they did with the last companion. Threading her through the entire series was pretty interesting.and makes the 'impossible' girl work.

Chris Brady

Quote from: WynterBloom on August 05, 2013, 01:37:29 PM
Capaldi's a very talented actor. I think the sonic screwdriver is in good hands. Though I admit I've wanted to see Colin Salmon in the role ever since he played Dr. Moon in the show itself! (He's got that brilliant voice.)
Actually, from what I heard, it's better than that.  The man is apparently a huge Dr. Who fan, meaning that he'll have a passion and direction that may turn out for the better.  He's apparently been following the show for a very long time, so he knows the lore and background and can inject that into the Doctor.

Sounds awesome to me.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Aleph

Apart from his great work in "Local Hero" I recommend "The Hour" which was produced recently. He has a major role in the second season, but both seasons are brilliant. If you want to see how good an actor Peter Capaldi is, start there :) The series also start Dominic West from "The Wire" and Ben Wishaw who's currently the new Q in the James Bond films (and plays Keats in Bright Star)

Tamhansen

I'm one of the lucky ones who's managed to acquire most of the original series, including the entire first season, though some of it is damaged, as it was stored analogue version for obvious reasons.

As much as I love Capaldi, I'm not sure about the casting, but I guess we'll see.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Doomsday

Loved the first four seasons (of the reboot), but am having a terribly hard time getting into season 5, I'm not sure if it's Matt Smith, Karen Gillan or Steven Moffat that's just kind of killing my interest. I am intrigued by Capaldi as the Doctor, though.