A few ideas, from silly to serious: F looking for M character

Started by Trilby, September 08, 2017, 08:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trilby

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN!

Please respond by PM, not to this thread directly.  Thank you!

Hi there!  Today I have three offerings for your consideration, one repeat concept and two new ones:

Send In the Clowns

If you know who Sondheim is, and have any experience with or knowledge of musical theater, you might be who I'm looking for! 

This is a story that's dear to my heart.  I started it with a Lord who left Elliquiy after his first post, and I hope I can find someone to reboot it with, who finds the idea as compelling as I do.

It's the story of a pair of 40-ish individuals who are involved in a Broadway production of "A Little Night Music".  My character is the popular Tony-winning actress who plays Desiree' Armfeldt: 

Your character is her former husband, a wildly successful Hollywood director who's been hired at the last minute (the production equivalent of "stunt-casting") to direct.  It's my thought that the poignant, intimate emotions and relationships of the characters onstage would be a direct contrast to the volatile, often bitter relationship between my PC and yours. 

But maybe you have other ideas?  Let's talk! 

Object: Matrimony

Set somewhere in the West, California, or Seattle in the mid 1850's or 1870's.  My character is Annie Shiell, a single woman in her early-to-mid twenties; the daughter of Irish immigrants.  She has worked as a servant for most of her life, and with both of her parents gone, she wants to make a new and different life for herself.  When she overhears her employers discussing the scandalous and unsavory practice of men in the West advertising for wives; while they consider it thinly-disguised prostitution, Annie sees it as a way out of her dead end life.

Other than being the man who places the ad Annie answers, your character is whoever you want him to be.  When he writes up his ad for a wife, is he honest?  Is he the respectable man he claims to be?  You decide.  :-)   

Work In Progress

Are you up for something just a little different?  Your character is a University professor (say, in Creative Writing; or teaching a graduate class: The English Romantic Novel, or the Love Sonnets of John Donne, or some such); my character is his non-traditional student, in her early 30's, a divorced mother who's gone back to school for her Master's degree now that her youngest is in middle school.  Their relationship starts in the classroom, with him realizing that a passage in one of her stories/essays/assignments just might refer to him

My requirements in a partner are pretty simple:

* Gender doesn't matter.  If you can write a convincing male, you're on!
* I'm flexible about posting speed.  Just please let me know, if possible, if it will be more than a week between replies.
* Detailed, well-written posts that give me a look, when it's appropriate, at your character's emotions, his triumphs, his wishes, his griefs.  Substance.
* Please, be familiar with my Ons/Offs.  You can find the link in my signature.  I'll read yours as well.

Thank you for your consideration, and I hope to hear from you soon! 

Trilby

Trilby

Trilby