Superpowers - Blessing Or Curse (starting again cos it hit a brick wall)

Started by Lady Jenn, August 15, 2011, 03:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

"Do you think Eric can deal with it?" Tom asked Tanya, trying to avoid putting too much pressure on her.

"He should be able to," she replied. "But you may not have much of a window to bring that satellite down once he has. The CIA aren't fools, they'll have backup systems as a precaution."

Haztur

Clarice nods "she is right, for this like that they spend a lot of the buget that would be welcome where we need to keep our eyes and ears open. The window might be of just seconds, with luck a coupke minutes."
"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"That we can handle," Rock said. "We have someone who can bring that satellite down with ease once the shielding is gone," he said, nodding to Milo who blushed slightly.

"He's right," Milo replied. "Point me to where the satellite is and give me the biggest weapon you have and I can hopefully have it down before they have time to react."

Haztur

"Then we are set, we just need it to be turned down, and a big weapon for him too."said Clarice cheerfully.
"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"I think I have us covered for that," Myst said with a smile. "I wasn't the only secret my parents kept in this castle."

"Well then," Tom said. "We'd better not waste anymore time, you know your jobs. Let's just hope this plan works."

Haztur

Clarice goes with Myra to see how is she doing, and what is she planning.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

She followed Tanya to where a man not much older than Clarice was sat hunched over a laptop screen, an array of strange electronic devices scattered around him.

"Clarice, Myra, meet my friend Eric. His powers don't really have a name but he likes to call himself a technomagus," she said with a smile.

"Basically he's a dab hand with anything electronic," Myra said out of the side of her mouth to Clarice, managing to stifle a laugh. Eric grunted a hello, barely looking up from what he was doing to acknowledge their presence.

Haztur

Clarice puts her arm around Myra as she listen about the technomaguis "well that sounds handy on my job." Says Clarice trying to look over Erik's shoulder to see what or how he does it.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"He hasn't found a firewall he can't break yet," Tanya said. "He once told me he hacked the Pentagon three times in one day. I don't know how true that is though."

The devices beeped for a moment, Eric grunting and tapping something on it and returning to work.

"He has to keep changing his remote location," Tanya said. "It makes it more difficult for the CIA to trace him, although they'd have a tough time trying to get a lock on us, Eric is as good at forming internet firewalls as he is at disabling them."

Haztur

"Neat" was the only thing Clarice says as she keep her attention on the running fingers of the man.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"It'll take me another five minutes," Eric suddenly said, catching the others off guard. "They've protected the systems well. Get the weapon ready while you wait."

They turned around to see what looked like little more than a rather fancy looking sniper rifle being held by Milo.

"Its fitted with special rounds," Milo said. "Don't ask me to explain how but this can bring the satellite down with one bullet if we get it right."

Haztur

Clarice walked around them looking to see their actions unfolded through the power of her mind. Mixing the present and the past as they did, she saw a minimum need to push the rifle a militer up, something almost barely noticeable, but in the long distance it will made the difference.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Something's wrong," Eric said, somehow reminaing calm in spite of his worrying words. "I'm detecting weird signals coming from somewhere in Earth's atmosphere, if we're going to take that satellite out we need to do it..." he pused as for the few moments it took the shield to come down, "...now."

Milo barely seemed to take time to think about what he was doing, firing the round. Nothing seemed to change as Eric watched the screen impatiently.

Haztur

Clarice bited her lip, hoping everything was ok, but somehow feeling things were quickly turning toward the wrong side of the scale
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Eric," Milo said, "your silence isn't filling me with confidence that worked."

"The satellite is gone," Eric said.

"Great, then it-"

"No," Eric said, interrupting. "It wasn't destroyed, someone moved it, quickly enough that my satellite uplink only realised what had happened as you fired the bullet. No satellite can move that fast, not that I know of anyway. And now I can't find any trace of it."

Haztur

"So they moved it, the question is who did the move." said Clarice crossing her arms. "Sounds like teleport if you ask me... Myra could you track something that teleports with your won magic?"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"I can try," she said, trying to focus her mind to sense what had happened but getting no hint as to its cause at all. "If this was done by someone powered they have abilities well beyond my own comprehension."

"And they aren't on our side," Milo said, biting his lip. "This isn't good."

Haztur

Clarice embraces Myra, she is worried, they did it so swiftly none of them noticed, not even her looking into the future.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Someone's trying to make contact," Eric said, still staring at the screen. "Its the Archangel, they're on their way here."

"We'd better clear the courtyard so they've got somewhere to land then," Milo said, suddenly springing into action to clear anyone who wasn't needed there.

Haztur

Clarice follows Milo wherever he tolds her to go as they clear the place.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

Just as they were finishing clearing the courtyard there was a sudden burst of light and they found the Archangel creature itself stood in their midst, with two of the ship's crew flanking it.

"We were told you need reinforcements," one of the crew said. "The captain decided the best we could give you was the main guy himself."

It was only outside its tank the creature's formidable height became clear, it must have been nearly 8 feet tall, and yet its cloak still just hid its feet.

Haztur

Claire was indeed impressed by Archangel looks (and quite possibly if she wasn't with Myra she would fall for the perfect creature) she came closer to him and helped the rest explain the sudden disappearance of the Satelite.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"We can explain it," The Archangel said. "I'm not sure you'll like our explanation though." It waved a hand in the air and they had a sudden view of where the satellite would be, but rather than the satellite they found themselves looking at something far scarier. A long, sleek, dark ship was hanging in space which gave no sign of life. "The satellite is inside that ship, they will use it to make their attack more dangerous still. The satellite could only hit one target at once, this can attack multiple targets at once."

Haztur

Clarice, and she was sure the rest too, grew paler at the sight of the dark space ship "what is that? are those the aliens? and rhy did changed their plans? how they knew?"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"It is almost certainly them," the Archangel replied. "They have ships of their own, I had hoped they wouldn't have deployed it yet though. My guess is you may have a traitor in your ranks, its the only way they could possibly know you would be targeting the satellite rather than any other."