News:

Main Menu

Gaming

Started by Abyss, April 24, 2024, 02:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abyss

Hey there! While waiting for the approval process, I wondered what you all think of today's gaming industry.

Tuttle

Now this is a good question! I personally love BG3 and would happily just donate more money to the developers if they asked for it, same with Hell Divers actually. Beyond that, however, I find a lot of the new stuff is tedious, horrible, and I hate, repeat HATE, the constant DLC grind you see in anything from EA Games, or even the Total War series. I suffer it in City Skylines only because I love building things.

I am really hoping we get a good Castle Builder game since the only decent one at the moment is Valheim.

What about yourself?

Abyss

I couldn't agree more with you. I loved BG3 and, at one point, was addicted to it. I am a bit worried about the gaming industry because it caters to a small minority instead of the tons of ordinary people who want to play a good game that isn't plagued by political agendas, ideologies, etc. I miss when games were made with heart and passion and weren't some quick cash grab. I find myself returning to older games since most games are just incomplete garbage. 

Tuttle

That's a good point. There's been a bit of a break from the "lets just have fun" to going a bit overboard here and there. I'm hoping BG3 starts a trend rather than the opposite and we get some epic style games!

Abyss

Quote from: Tuttle on April 26, 2024, 12:10:06 AMThat's a good point. There's been a bit of a break from the "lets just have fun" to going a bit overboard here and there. I'm hoping BG3 starts a trend rather than the opposite and we get some epic style games!
Same! What platform do you play on?

Tuttle

PC for me. I've also got a Ninetendo Switch, but that's for MarioKart. Though, funny enough, I write and do my personal business on a Macbook. No loyalty club points for me I guess.

Yourself?

Abyss

Oh, nice! I am primarily on PC, but I hop on my PS5 here and there. I also have a switch, but that barely sees the light of day, lol.

Tuttle

It's the only gaming system my partner will join me on, so it's a small price to pay to have them enjoying the same things I do. There is obviously room for only one on a PC, and it's gunna be me!

Abyss

Lol xD I feel that. What have you done in BG3?

Tuttle

I've done one full play through, took me 93 hours, and started a couple more but I have spent waaaaay to much time in Act 1 now and can't redo it again.

Whats been your favourite companion quest line so far?

Abyss

Mine has been Astarion's quest line. Its really fun. Yours?

Tuttle

I really like Shadowheart. It has so many facets to it that I enjoy, a pretty satisfying part in Act 2 I won't ruin for you if you haven't played it through. I found Astarion to be pretty much like Lestat from Interview with a Vampire and I can't stand either of them. Though I do have a built in hatred of Vampires period, so that might not help.

Abyss

I loved Shadowheart's quest as well! I beat the game months ago and started a different character a while ago. Unfortunately, I lost my desire to play the game. 

Tuttle

That's basically what happened to me too! Damn shame. Though, some friends and I are talking a multi-player effort to get through.

Abyss

Oh, nice! My friend and I were supposed to do the second playthrough together, but he also lost interest. 

Oniya

So, this is more to do with your initial question, but - What do y'all think about the whole 'microtransactions everywhere' thing?  I'll admit that I put in stupid amounts of hours on any single game (which means that I don't end up buying multiple games), but 'pay to win' irritates me to no end.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Abyss

I feel the same way. Now, if it's purely cosmetic, I am okay with it. That's as far as I can tolerate.

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on April 27, 2024, 07:55:36 PMSo, this is more to do with your initial question, but - What do y'all think about the whole 'microtransactions everywhere' thing?  I'll admit that I put in stupid amounts of hours on any single game (which means that I don't end up buying multiple games), but 'pay to win' irritates me to no end.
I do love the story from the whole Diablo Immortal thing where a player paid an OBSCENE amount of money to have a character that was above everyone else's in the game to the point where matchmaking wouldn't match him with anyone. He then proceeded to complain. 

And I read that and commented, "My guy, you did it. You paid to win. You won, go home." 
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Abyss

Bruh xD I can't believe I never stumbled into that article.

Tuttle

Micro-transactions are the worst!! That said, I have certainly payed for DLC on occasion so I am guilty. Though, not a pay to play like buying great kit in WoW or that sort of thing.

Abyss

I have always wanted to try WoW, but I have never found anyone to play it with..

Tuttle

Most the folk I played with I met online, so there could be hope yet! I was part of an RP/PVE server and we ran a guild called the IronForge Regiment. It was in character at all times, Dwarf and Gnome only, and we WRECKED the Horde. It was a ton of fun. For some reason RP died out hard on WoW and I left the game since I enjoyed that way more than actual questing.

Abyss

Oh, man. Maybe I will look for groups later on. I want to watch some current gameplay to know what to expect, more or less. 

Tuttle

There is so much grinding! So much...

Abyss