Is youtube embedding no longer allowed on E?

Started by Galactic Druid, January 10, 2013, 02:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Druid

Either I forgot how to embed a youtube video in a post, or something chanced on either E or youtube. I can't figure out how to put a video in a post anymore to save my life. If I can do it, how do I now?
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Blitzy

All I did was use the URL tag and it worked fine for me.
One on One stories on hold currently. Apologies to my writing partners.

Galactic Druid

Huh, that's strange. Turning the address bar back on and copying from that works just fine, but if I copy from the links yourtube provides under the video, it shows up as a link. Weird.

Thanks Blitzy!

Blitzy

One on One stories on hold currently. Apologies to my writing partners.

Trieste

If the address is https, it will not automatically embed. If the link is http, it will automatically embed (usually).

Caeli

I believe that the "share" links underneath the Youtube videos don't work because it is a true link, and not a "watch video" link. The URL needs to have the /watch?v= followed by the unique video code in order for Elliquiy to embed it properly.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Galactic Druid

I guess I got used to the way a video sharing site I use does it. If I share the /watch link in the submission page, my submission always is broken in the hopper, and viewers have to use the 'original link' option. I guess I got so used to using youtube's 'share' link I didn't realize I had it backwards here.

Anyway, thanks everyone for your answers. It's nice to actually understand how to make it cooperate.

Teo Torriatte

Also, some videos are set to disallow embedding, and I haven't figured out a way to tell except just to try it and see that it didn't work.  :P

Oniya

Usually, those will put up a message in the link saying 'This video's owner has disallowed embedding' or something.  One thing I noticed with the links provided under the Youtube videos is that they have an extra '.' in the middle of 'youtube' - I think it's something like youtu.be instead of the regular spelling.  I'm not sure if the 'codes' at the end are different.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17