Two Quarters or One Dollar

Started by Bliss, August 07, 2008, 11:12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bliss

A young boy enters the barber shop and Bill the barber whispers to his customer, "This is the dumbest kid in the world. Watch while I prove it to you."

The barber puts a dollar bill in one hand and two quarters in the other, then calls the boy over and asks, "Which do you want, son?"

The boy takes the quarters and leaves. "What did I tell you?" said the barber. "That kid never learns!"

Later, when the customer leaves, he sees the same young boy coming out of the ice cream store. "Hey, son! May I ask you a question? Why did you take the quarters instead of the dollar bill?"

The boy licked his cone and replied, "Because the day I take the dollar, the game's over!!!!"
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Caity

Trieste

Kalen

The kid was WAY smarter than the man *lol*

Mathim

No, the old man just underestimated the kid. Kids are pretty crafty when they need to be, even if they act like morons most of the time. I mean, how many kids do you know who can get out of trouble when they've done something REALLY bad? That takes smarts but no one wants to believe they're that capable.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Dust

That kid is a cocky little shit. xP But I agree with Mathim, the joke shows you shouldn't underestimate children. They are crafty little buggers. ^--^

Mathim

Well, they're unpredictable, let's just say that. I mean, I wouldn't have thought four or five-year-olds could curse like sailors but about six years ago when I was working at a Target, I was out collecting carts in the parking lot and this little kid is swearing his head off at someone, I couldn't even tell who he was talking to since there wasn't really anyone around, but man, the mouth on that little brat, I was amazed. So now I learned not to think of kids as quite so innocent anymore after that.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).